• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

AGA is an INTP!

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you are a INFJ in a NiTi loop. I read the entire thread and you seem to lack self-awareness of your Fe.

I am going to go back over the memories i have from childhood and try to remember things I haven't thought much about as well, in order to elucidate whether I used Ni or Ti more as a child. I was quite a bit rambunctious and energetic. Of my own kids, 3 use Je and 2 use Ji. Since my ex is an istp, that could possibly be an argument for me being Je as well.

The test result is likely from your own lack of self-awareness.

I dunno. I am 47 and been a practicing typologist for 7 years now. I am pretty aware. Plus the official mbti tested me out as an intp, and with that you have a debriefing as well, to make sure.

You mentioned your ex was a Ti dom, so that exposure could definitely influence your functions.

But Ti/Se will be so different than Ti/Ni. Indeed, that might have been why he and I clashed so much in solving problems, was because our Ti had such a different flavor.

Add in a difficult childhood (almost guaranteed for Fe doms and auxs) and your functions get screwed up.

Why?

I would recommend focusing on your Se for a bit. It should help you break out of your loop.

I am pretty open to flowing with whatever day I need to have. I do not believe in forcing function growth, but letting them occur as they will. I like to let Se take over for sure. Just not very often. In fact, my fav extraverted function is Fe being used one-on-one. But my fav functions are Ni/Ti/Si. I get kind of cranky when I have to get drug out of my head very much. And I'm always seeking those deep convos. That is why I like Fe one-on-one, because it affords me the opportunity to fuel my Ni/Ti i think.

The problem with arguing with Je doms, imo, is that they seem to be done with the argument or discussion when they feel they're done, whereas I want to go deeper and dissect the argument's points more, but by that point they've usually already lost interest or moved on.

I am not sure I agree with this. It seems very dependent on I/E attitude in the dom/aux position. I can be done if I don't perceive I'm being understood, or it will waste my time to continue. Whereas I can see that Je dom/aux will want to keep trying to drive the point home.

You vibe much more as an INFJ than you do as an INTP. Just my observation though, and far from an educated one.

INFJs can be pretty damn analytical. I can see why the confusion might arise. I've been in similar predicaments since I discovered Jungian Cognitive Function Theory.

I appreciate your opinion, and it matters to me. I think I am more analytical than most infjs though. To the point I'm not an F anymore.

It's like I'm a people-oriented INTP more than a thinking-focused INFJ. Maybe.

I will explore my ways and style as a child...

Thanks, Everyone, for your thoughtful responses!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I appreciate your opinion, and it matters to me. I think I am more analytical than most infjs though. To the point I'm not an F anymore.

It's like I'm a people-oriented INTP more than a thinking-focused INFJ. Maybe.

I will explore my ways and style as a child...

Thanks, Everyone, for your thoughtful responses!

This is possible.

It's also possible you're what I like to call the Ti-INFJ. Sort of a spin on socionics subtypes but applied to MBTI code, but also my own category I made for the really analytical INFJs who don't quite fit the INTx mold but are still solid Ni doms. Assuming they were INFJs and not INTPs, I would classify Jung and perhaps Thomas Jefferson as Ti-INFJs who are often typed as INTPs.

If I were an INFJ (I'm not, but if I were), then I would probably class myself as one of these.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is possible.

It's also possible you're what I like to call the Ti-INFJ. Sort of a spin on socionics subtypes but applied to MBTI code, but also my own category I made for the really analytical INFJs who don't quite fit the INTx mold but are still solid Ni doms. Assuming they were INFJs and not INTPs, I would classify Jung and perhaps Thomas Jefferson as Ti-INFJs who are often typed as INTPs.

If I were an INFJ (I'm not, but if I were), then I would probably class myself as one of these.

That's not strict Jung or MBTI, you can't do that....foul...against the rules...:alttongue:

Figure it out and get back to me when you have the answer so we can do something with it productive :)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is possible.

Oh, I see.

Okay, well I will let it sit and see.

Your problem with me being an INTP is that I use too much Fe?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, I see.

Your perception seems to solidified and not as questioning. That's a huge sign of Pi. Doesn't mean it can't change, it needs a solid reason to change. That solid reason needs to be presented to change. IP are alot more flexible perception wise and things are more grey scale then moving between black and white.

IP goes through life looking for change in perception, IJ needs more of a reason to change perception.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I see.

No. Just a vibe I got. Vibes are often wrong. I don't expect every INTP to vibe the same, nor do I expect that of INFJs. I could see how it would be easier for female NTPs to mistype as NFJs due to bullshit societal expectations of how females are supposed to think or act.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your perception seems to solidified and not as questioning. That's a huge sign of Pi. Doesn't mean it can't change, it needs a solid reason to change. That solid reason needs to be presented to change. IP are alot more flexible perception wise and things are more grey scale then moving between black and white.

IP goes through life looking for change in perception, IJ needs more of a reason to change perception.

I am both though, Pi and Ji Ni and Ti.

And I am open to change if it's reasonable...

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A difficult childhood screws up F types in general, as they are not validated in their feelings.

But for Fe users, it screws us up big time. Influenced so much by the emotions of others, they are in turmoil fit reasons unrelated to themselves and can't deal with the pain. The need to learn to cope, but most learn to cope by becoming harden, thereby rejecting the Fe that is central to their existence.

Ex: my 8 year old son is mini me in many ways, likely ENFJ. His therapist says he struggles with dealing with the emotions of others instead of his own.

So yesterday, one of my twins had a bad episode, my 10 year old had a bad episode, my wife got upset by all this, so by the time I got home, my ENFJ son was agitated. He struggled for the rest of the night, even when everyone else was calm. I tried to talk with him but he was so distraught he couldn't reason.

He has two choices to cope: 1, close himself off to emotion, avoid, and go Ti (what I did for most of my life) or 2, build up boundaries and learn to manage the emotional minefield.

I am trying so hard to help him better manage and accept. I hope I succeed so that he can be healthy and adjusted adult.

So, again you really fit the stereotype of a INFJ with poorly developed Fe.

The problem areas here sound like you and how you interact with the forum at times.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Yeah, you seem stereotypical INFJ to me but idk. Maybe being a head type has something to do with it?? You're a very 5ish 7 or 7ish 5.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. Just a vibe I got. Vibes are often wrong. I don't expect every INTP to vibe the same, nor do I expect that of INFJs. I could see how it would be easier for female NTPs to mistype as NFJs due to bullshit societal expectations of how females are supposed to think or act.

I think vibes are as good or better than anything. :)

If I were intp, I should be : Ti Ne Fi (or Fe depending on your cf theory alignment) Se

If I were infj, I should be: Ni Fe Ti (or Te depending on your cf theory alignment) Se?

The infj is more my stacking, just not in the right order. Question is, did my Ne aux bend to Ni or did my Fe get subjugated by my Ti? Seems more likely that Ne would get bent, imo, than for a whole nuther function to jump forward.....

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am an INFJ

So God says I am an infj too. :)

There was a lot of strife in my youngest years, from birth on. I was very lonely. When I tried to reach out to my istj mother she would be harsh toward me (dealing with her own stuff, having a lover, etc), my sister was an isfp involved in her own friend group, and my dad (estp) worked a lot and was an alcoholic. My parents fought a lot but I don't remember any of it, except the night she left. When I tried to reach out to neighbor kids, they shunned me (perhaps sensing my different-ness?), and picked fights with me, which they lost, which only furthered the problem because then I got labeled as a freak.

The only ones who I remember being nice to me were a large black family who lived on the adjacent culdesac. But for some reason I never played much with them. I wish I could turn back time and do so. :( I have always wanted a black female friend, maybe that is why, because I have memories of them being kind to me when no one else was. I did not have a real friend until 7th grade, around 13. By then I guess I had been introverting strongly, and gotten cozy with analytical processes, hence why my sis said I was always analyzing everything. Probably always trying to figure out why no one wanted to spend time with me, or wanted to be my friend, but I don't actually remember for sure. I spent a lot of time hiking and exploring. I guess this was the way I extraverted and got out of my head a bit, though everything I took in went right back in for analysis.

My dog became my friend. In more ways than one. :huh: And I found solace in nature. And TV. And food. which I still struggle with. Food was my first coping mechanism, I believe.

~thanks for helping, and listening. :wubbie:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think vibes are as good or better than anything. :)

If I were intp, I should be : Ti Ne Fi (or Fe depending on your cf theory alignment) Se

If I were infj, I should be: Ni Fe Ti (or Te depending on your cf theory alignment) Se?

The infj is more my stacking, just not in the right order. Question is, did my Ne aux bend to Ni or did my Fe get subjugated by my Ti? Seems more likely that Ne would get bent, imo, than for a whole nuther function to jump forward.....

Lol at vibes...that seals the fact you are Ni...lol. I have vibes, but that just means I gotta dig in more or it stays as a likely possibility.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So God says I am an infj too. :)

There was a lot of strife in my youngest years, from birth on. I was very lonely. When I tried to reach out to my istj mother she would be harsh toward me (dealing with her own stuff, having a lover, etc), my sister was an isfp involved in her own friend group, and my dad (estp) worked a lot. When I tried to reach out to neighbor kids, they shunned me (perhaps sensing my different-ness?), and picked fights with me, which they lost, which only furthered the problem because then I got labeled as a freak.

The only ones who I remember being nice to me were a large black family who lived on the adjacent culdesac. But for some reason I never played much with them. I wish I could turn back time and do so. :( I have always wanted a black female friend, maybe that is why, because I have memories of them being kind to me when no one else was. I did not have a real friend until 7th grade, around 13. By then I guess I had been introverting strongly, and gotten cozy with analytical processes, hence why my sis said I was always analyzing everything. Probably always trying to figure out why no one wanted to spend time with me, or wanted to be my friend.

My dog became my friend. In more ways than one. :huh: And I found solace in nature. And TV. And food. which I still struggle with. Food was my first coping mechanism, I believe.

~thanks for helping, and listening. :wubbie:

I relate a lot to your story.

My ISTJ dad hated my mom (he never loved her) and worked constantly or was involved in religious activities.

My ENFP mom never spent time with me or loved me, and instead neglected me and ignored me.

My two ENP older siblings rebelled against my parent's neglect by acting out, causing considerable pain that I ran away from, hide from, and finally walled myself off from.

I was friendly and outspoken in public, but isolated and introverted at home, developing a shell to protect myself. I fell in love with Ti and loved that I could outsmart everyone I knew.

I spent a lot of time outdoors and befriended animals all over. Se is a great coping mechanism, better than isolation, but learning not to over indulge is a problem.

It has taken until midlife to wake up to this reality.....

On another note, if you feel strongly attached to Ti, you should make an effort to improve your Fe.

One exercise I started doing was finding something in everyone and everything I see and saying in my mind, "I love you for XXXXX", whether it be the guy walking a dog, "I love that you are walking your dog and thank you for doing it", or "i love those colors on the leaves and thank you, tree" or "I love your willingness to wear those bold colors and thank you for wearing those clothes" or (being a guy:D) "I love all the cleavage you are sharing and thank you" or "I love how your ass looks in those yoga pants and thank you and the inventor of yoga pants"

It is the act of saying "I love you for and thank you", even in my mind, that seems to helps me to connect more easily to everyone. And it feels better telling myself "I love you for those nice breasts you are showing off and thanks for sharing them with me" than "she has great breasts". It breaks through years of conditioning to keep everyone away. And everyone has something you can appreciate.

And I actually become consciously friendlier and happier as I say these things. And I do talk more to others, lifting others up. And it feels better to me and I can see it makes them feel better too.

We all need to overcome our childhood issues at some point, even ones we don't think were issues. And as much as NFJs can see so much in others, they tend to be clueless about themselves.....

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You played verbal volleyball with Zarathustra regarding your use of Te and not Ti:

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...tj-resermble-descriptions-12.html#post1767653

And now you want to make a case for being INTP?

Come on, now.

Oh heck. That was a long time ago. I don't know that I understood Te and Ti exactly right. Still not sure I do. :)

I relate a lot to your story.

My ISTJ dad hated my mom (he never loved her) and worked constantly or was involved in religious activities.

My ENFP mom never spent time with me or loved me, and instead neglected me and ignored me.

My two ENP older siblings rebelled against my parent's neglect by acting out, causing considerable pain that I ran away from, hide from, and finally walled myself off from.

I was friendly and outspoken in public, but isolated and introverted at home, developing a shell to protect myself. I fell in love with Ti and loved that I could outsmart everyone I knew.

I spent a lot of time outdoors and befriended animals all over. Se is a great coping mechanism, better than isolation, but learning not to over indulge is a problem.

It has taken until midlife to wake up to this reality.....

On another note, if you feel strongly attached to Ti, you should make an effort to improve your Fe.

One exercise I started doing was finding something in everyone and everything I see and saying in my mind, "I love you for XXXXX", whether it be the guy walking a dog, "I love that you are walking your dog and thank you for doing it", or "i love those colors on the leaves and thank you, tree" or "I love your willingness to wear those bold colors and thank you for wearing those clothes" or (being a guy:D) "I love all the cleavage you are sharing and thank you" or "I love how your ass looks in those yoga pants and thank you and the inventor of yoga pants"

It is the act of saying "I love you for and thank you", even in my mind, that seems to helps me to connect more easily to everyone. And it feels better telling myself "I love you for those nice breasts you are showing off and thanks for sharing them with me" than "she has great breasts". It breaks through years of conditioning to keep everyone away. And everyone has something you can appreciate.

And I actually become consciously friendlier and happier as I say these things. And I do talk more to others, lifting others up. And it feels better to me and I can see it makes them feel better too.

We all need to overcome our childhood issues at some point, even ones we don't think were issues. And as much as NFJs can see so much in others, they tend to be clueless about themselves.....

Sounds hard. Thank you for sharing. What did you do to cope exactly?

I guess my dad and I got on so well because of the estp/infj attraction. I wondered today if that was why I became attracted to my istp ex, because he had those characteristics of my dad, just in a more introverted way. My dad may have been an esfp, it's hard to know. He was pretty loving.

I am an infj and I use Fe well enough. Let's not push it though. You can keep your Fe dom exercises. ;)

And I guess I will remain shrouded in mystery until my prince charming comes and awakens me with his kiss~ :blowkiss: *back of hand to forehead swoon swoon*

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh heck. That was a long time ago. I don't know that I understood Te and Ti exactly right. Still not sure I do. :)

I guess my dad and I got on so well because of the estp/infj attraction. I wondered today if that was why I became attracted to my istp ex, because he had those characteristics of my dad, just in a more introverted way. My dad may have been an esfp, it's hard to know. He was pretty loving.

I am an infj and I use Fe well enough. Let's not push it though. You can keep your Fe dom exercises. ;)

And I guess I will remain shrouded in mystery until my prince charming comes and awakens me with his kiss~ :blowkiss: *back of hand to forehead swoon swoon*

You want the back of my hand across your forehead. All you had to do is ask to be backhanded :D sure we can make you fall over and pass out from it...that's what you mean by swoon right?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I decided I was a cold introverted thinker, like the mentats in Dune or Spock. I took no care for anyone else consciously (Fe was still there unconsciously). I decided I didn't need anyone, that love was a fraud, and that I could rely on no one, ever. I spent a lot of time with Ti, feeling alone and depressed and isolated.

I still lived as a NFJ, just thinking myself as someone who struggles to make friends and socialize was isolated (even though I knew everyone's name, went to long lunches with friends, and organized activities during study days, etc). I was always the most outspoken student in every class from preschool to grad school. People told me I had "too much personality" for my profession.

Glad you had one loving parent. Having a solid relationship with your opposite sex parent is usually very necessary for health.

It is your destiny..... succumb to the power of Fe.....

Nah, just be the fierce, strong woman you are so you can find a man strong enough for you. Eve wasn't a push over, at least in my reading. She was more than Adam's equal.....

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION]

Thanks for your post. Most outspoken? Wow. You sound like you had friends, but maybe you were just on Fe autopilot and didn't form interactive friendships? It's interesting. I had nothing like the friendships my kids have with their friends, not to mention their healthy sibling relationships (nothing against my sis, she is the dearest person in the world to me, but we were both struggling so much, she couldn't be there for me like I needed).

I am really a loud person, in voice and often in manner. I cannot stand straining to hear someone and I do not make others strain to hear me. I guess it's my 7. There is still a very slight chance I could have been born an enfj, but that would mean my Fe got knocked down two notches and that seems a bit too much. People usually do say I seem like an extravert to them though.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION]

Thanks for your post. Most outspoken? Wow.

At school or at work or with friends. At school, I usually bantered with teachers and professors. At home, I was quiet, isolated, alone. One aunt was shocked I could after we had a conversation when I was 11 during a car trip. She said, "I don't remember you ever talking before!"

You sound like you had friends, but maybe you were just on Fe autopilot and didn't form interactive friendships? It's interesting. I had nothing like the friendships my kids have with their friends, not to mention their healthy sibling relationships.
I had a bunch of friends. I never had trouble making friends, but I was always distant. My friends never got my hopes or fears. They were must fire having fun. I didn't even admit tell them when in had crushes on girls. I also compartmentalized my friends. With every little overlap.

Even with all this, I thought myself incapable of socializing. So, I picked girls up at random at dances and such and having them jump my bones a few minutes later, but I thought I struggled finding girls. I chat up people all day long, but felt I couldn't connect.

It was only with my midlife crisis that begun last year that I started to accept the true me.

I am really a loud person, in voice and often in manner. I cannot stand straining to hear someone and I do not make others strain to hear me. I guess it's my 7. There is still a very slight chance I could have been born an enfj, but that would mean my Fe got knocked down two notches and that seems a bit too much. People usually do say I seem like an extravert to them though.

It would mean you were followed your inferior Ti, the other half of Fe. It is what I did.

This post Why the Inferior Function is So Important seemed help me understand the inferior function much better.

Dom inf are in a tug of war and we can get stuck.

For me, I never thought I was an extrovert. I hated the idea of being a J. I hated the idea of being a feeler.

I worked in a career where I would have succeeded far more if I had been self-aware (though I was still really good at my job, I just didn't feel right.....) If I had only gone full Fe, I would have been rockstar in the field instead of miserable.... oh, well....

Everything is perfect. The past is dead. I make my future. And you make yours.....