User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Thread: AGA is an INTP!

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I guess people never really influence me period. Ideas influence me. Source impresses me. Pure concepts impress me.
    I wonder where those ideas and concepts come from? I guess they just sort of float around...in...the air.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I wonder where those ideas and concepts come from? I guess they just sort of float around...in...the air.
    I meant all that that is not person. Yet it intrigues me.

Not sure what word would qualify it.

If you know it, feel free to share.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

I guess people never really influence me period. Ideas influence me. Source impresses me. Pure concepts impress me.
    ^ This sounds a bit like FiTe to me? I may be wrong. Also, being a feeler doesn't necessarily mean that people have a lot of sway over you, particularly with Fi. Being a feeler doesn't necessarily mean that you're stupid and/or unreasonable either- it just means that you tend to output or input (Fe or Fi) things emotionally before you output or input them without emotion (Te or Ti). I don't have a lot of evidence/experience with you to go off of, but from what I've seen from your posts, I would agree that you appear to be a feeler.
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry, labyrinthine liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I meant all that that is not person. Yet it intrigues me.

Not sure what word would qualify it.

If you know it, feel free to share.
    So what? Perhaps an immortal essence of cognitive divulgence, separated from the vessel that contained it, which interests you absent from its original attachments?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    INTPs are really exacting in their reasoning and most debates come down to semantics and exact word definitions being used. They can really obsess on abstract minutia and are very pedantic at times.
    Oh yeah!!!!

The trick is Ti.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

That makes total sense. I would say the same about the aux, though to a lesser degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evastover View Post
    ^ This sounds a bit like FiTe to me? I may be wrong. Also, being a feeler doesn't necessarily mean that people have a lot of sway over you, particularly with Fi. Being a feeler doesn't necessarily mean that you're stupid and/or unreasonable either- it just means that you tend to output or input (Fe or Fi) things emotionally before you output or input them without emotion (Te or Ti). I don't have a lot of evidence/experience with you to go off of, but from what I've seen from your posts, I would agree that you appear to be a feeler.
    Have you considered INTJ? I think sometimes women can test as INFJ who are actually INTJ. Those two types can be very closely related especially if the T and F functions are about equal.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Have you considered INTJ? I think sometimes women can test as INFJ who are actually INTJ. Those two types can be very closely related especially if the T and F functions are about equal.
    Well, I have considered it. I can be Tish for periods of time, it's true, which is why I had to see if INTP fit. I watched Highlander's intj film on here and I really do not resonate much with it, because I am not detached from my emotions. I emote easily and often. I also CAN repress my feelings for sure, but when prodded, share readily. I do not see my INTJ son doing that.

Thanks for your thoughts though.

I just crocheted this rainbow hat for a friend and I am so pleased with how well it turned out!

Making #2 now! Except leaving out the grey sections this time.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

In most cases people are much more complex than MBTI theory, and I'm not convinced that everyone's functions line up to match one of the 16 types. They serve as interesting approximations, and it can be helpful to find these more abstract commonalities with others and ways to better understand self.

The question you raised by stating that you do not experience much influence from others is an interesting issue for INFJs. I find for myself I experience both extremes. I'm impervious to "peer pressure" in acquaintance and friend environments, but mold like putty with a few people I've ventured to trust and connect to as my personal source of support.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

I watched Highlander's intj film on here and I really do not resonate much with it, because I am not detached from my emotions.
    Neither are many of the INTJs I know. Three or four of them yell at their computer monitor when posting.
    Type =/=emotions.

If there's a film out there suggesting if you're emotional you're not INTJ, I'd ignore the film.
    Likes Hard, uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Neither are many of the INTJs I know. Three or four of them yell at their computer monitor when posting.
    Type =/=emotions.

If there's a film out there suggesting if you're emotional you're not INTJ, I'd ignore the film.
    Entirely agreed. One of the interesting parts of the SLOAN/Big Five assessment is that four of the dichotomies correlate more or less with MBTI dichotomies, indicating that they're measuring more or less the same thing. The fifth dichotomy of SLOAN, Neuroticism, correlates with nothing in MBTI, thus suggesting that being emotional (limbic) vs unemotional (calm) is independent of MBTI type.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.