MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    haha. you are absolutely unreasonable.

I see you as some sort of S type, honestly. I'm being serious.

In fact, I'd appreciate it if you would quit posting in this thead. I cannot make you, but your condescension is not appreciated, at least by me.
    He isn't being unreasonable at all. He is right; if you use a different definition for things, then discussion about any given theory (whether MBTI, enneagram, or some scientific subject) goes out the window as the fundementals and foundations have changed. He has actually been fairly logical and clear with what he's saying. The reason he's not budging on their view of this, is because he's been given no credible argument, reason, or support to do so. If and when that is given then the opinion will change. What's being pointed out though, is that has yet to be met. Confusing between being unreasonable, and steadfast in a debate though usually just result in aggression. Further, proclaiming condensation, in particular when it isn't present (I don't see any at all), is going to cause the other party to react poorly. And resorting to calling them another type is really petty. I mean, if that's what you're taking issue with, why on earth would you throw the same thing back at someone full well knowing it's very likely to cause the same emotional reaction in another? Granted, I doubt uumlau would respond that way, but the point stands.

Very few, if anyone has agreed with you in this thread, and many have given solid arguments as to why. With that said though, someone else typing another person is a touchy subject, so I understand why you're reacting the way you are. It's legit and valid. It however doesn't change the factual nature of the discussion though. Also, you did ask for people to analyze you.

@uumlau sorry for having to use he/she, I can't remember which you are .

Edit: I have been informed of the correct pronoun useage and have adjusted accordingly .
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes PeaceBaby liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

You are calling anyone who disagrees with you condescending. It's fine if you want to be INTP. It's no skin off anyones' noses. However, you started a thread inviting responses, and they are merely weighing in on the evidence you are giving and how it looks to them. It's even fine to have a completely different theory of personality categorization, but it muddies the argument if you take the same agreed upon terms, and redefine them to mean something different. Their differences of opinion aren't meant as a personal insult.
    Likes Hard, prplchknz, uumlau, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

haha. you are absolutely unreasonable.

I see you as some sort of S type, honestly. I'm being serious.

In fact, I'd appreciate it if you would quit posting in this thead. I cannot make you, but your condescension is not appreciated, at least by me.
    Saying things like this (and disagreeing isn't condescending) only provides more evidence that you're not an INTP.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

So yeah. I took the MBTI Step II test and it gave me INTP. I also had the little phone interview, and that pretty much sealed the deal.

My strongest preference was Intuition. Followed by Introversion. Followed by Perception. Finally followed by Thinking.

I am pretty much in shock over this. I mean, over the past year or two, I've come to think maybe I am really a T. And I've considered P this past couple of weeks. But to actually test as an INTP is shocking.

Is anyone else shocked? Or does this seem fitting for me?
    Even when we arrive at difference conclusions, I can see similarities in how you reason and how other INFJs reason. My impressions of you are of course limited to online, so there is a great deal that no one reading here can know for certain. I'm just wondering if you are in one of our INFJ Dom/Tert loops of Ni-Ti dominating your thinking and bypassing the Fe aspect now? That can seem INTP-ish. INFJs can have times of being every bit as detached emotionally as INTPs. I think you view a bigger picture than INTPs - it feels more Ni-ish to me.

INTPs are really exacting in their reasoning and most debates come down to semantics and exact word definitions being used. They can really obsess on abstract minutia and are very pedantic at times.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)
    Likes highlander, Ene, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Am I Ni dom?

Am I Ti>Fe?

The second question is perhaps easier to address: I am not sure yet. I lived so many years as a full-time homeschooling mother and wife that my Fe/Te was utilized every day for over 20 years. I am sure functions experts would say that if you 'practiced' using your non-dominant functions every day for 20 years, they are going to get pretty good. And you will score pretty high with them. Hence, why I am trying to go back to childhood, and look to how I am now (I realize now isn't necessarily super enlightening because as a person grows, new functions should become more comfortable and utilized). It will just take time, IN MY NATURAL STATE, to see just how natural Ti is feeling for me. I feel like it is waking up and coming back to life. I am just not sure.

Do I use Ni over Ne? I KNOW I use Ne. I see patterns of inconsistency and patterns pointing to truths in things automatically, I cannot help it. I have always tested higher on Ni tests but we know those are not accurate. I have cracked Bible codes on my own because they appeared to me. That is Ne informed by some Te.

But now, and when I was little, I spend much time alone, thinking. Putting it all together. I believe this is Ti, but what type of intuition? Ni or Ne? So I gather information, little bits at a time preferably, from the SOURCE (it always must be from the most pure source if possible: the subject itself, not a secondary source), and ponder it to find truth; to narrow in to one final truth, hopefully that can be utilized by others. But even if not, it is okay just to do it for myself. If not one person sees my Bible translation and Laws, that is okay with me, because it is my gift to God and I cannot help but do it; perhaps like a painter cannot help but to paint, even if no one will see their work.

I dislike the definitions of Ni. Ne are okay. But Ni don't seem spot-on. Is that me not understanding it? Or is it that those writing them do not understand it? So I will brainstorm Ni below. I have prayed about this so I am asking God to inspire my writing that is completely true and accurate inasmuch as I can make it. Also, it is morning and I do my best thinking in the morning, I believe this is because Ni has been active all night and has produced some answers.

Brainstorm of Ni:

How it feels to experience it:

Elusive, not sure how it's working, but it is always working

Slow and steady, always churning through other information brought in by all other functions. This might be why Ni-ers need so much quiet and alone time. When so much is going on inside your brain, outside distractions are tedious and counterproductive to Ni. But mostly, it is energy-draining! It's like having a process downloading on your computer all the time, and how it slows the regular working of the computer down. Even though you might not see much being done, the batteries are getting used a lot.

Fuzzy. I couldn't tell you exactly what it is doing. That knowledge is beyond me at this time. When I'm allowing Ni free reign, it feels like a meditative state, Ti enters in if I am struggling to work out a problem, but a true Ni state is, I believe, what you get when you can attain a non-thinking meditative state. You are floating. You have no anchor and don't want one. You transcend, but it is ironic because you transcend by going inside yourself, and tuning out the entire world. I believe we can also get this with a good sleep. Ni is always working.

Irrational. I am smart, I am logical. But I will still say things that seem to unhinge others. Other intelligent folks (who rely of T more than N usually, or even INTJs who rely a lot on Te) will state I am being 'irrational' or that is an 'irrational' thought process, because to them they cannot see how I got form point A to point Z. Even though it is irrational, I know it is true.

Reliable. Though I realize no one can understand how I got to the truth that I got to, I still know that I am right. Am I always right? Of course not. I have lived long enough to know that. But for the most part, even though I cannot prove it, I know it. So it's this weird place that feels like persecution almost. You know the truth, but everyone around you, even informed types, think you are crazy, and disregard you.

How it works:

Strips away the chaff leaving only the pure grain behind.

Filters and purifies

Condenses and makes sense of things, excludes extraneous data depending on the answer you are looking for

Ni could synthesize a symbol to represent a concept, sure. Same as with a model; coming up with an original or creative paradigm or conceptual model is Ni, working with Ti usually, but Ni is necessary. Other types might be more comfortable defaulting to an existing model, because Ni is going WAY WAY out on a limb, by making something new. [Jung speaks much to symbols and Ni and also primitive archetypes and Si. I think that has really confused our understanding of Ni. I think it tells more about Jung than Ni/Si. He was into primitive things and mandalas and such, so I think he lumped those beloved objects of his into his definitions of Ni and Si because he simply did not understand Ni well, and wanted to include them somewhere.]

Is the function least likely to be influenced. It is the deepest function, closest to our soul, and as such is the most pure function. That is likely why meditation is revered by everyone all over the world and in every religion and spirituality to be a good, spiritual practice; because you are spending time not trying to influence something, but just by being.

It is not concerned with influencing; it just wants the truth.

It can discern the truth from the past and from the present, if it is fed the proper data. And even to the future, in the area of its expertise, because of its ability to synthesize all the millions of information it has processed. This is not something mystical necessarily, it is just part of the outcome of always processing every tidbit of information that comes in. Notice I am speaking about processing, not storing. The storing of information would be the domain of Si. Or maybe even Ti (superficial storage), but mostly Si.
    The way you described all of that - it pretty much sounds like Ni. I have thought about it some more. I believe you are an introvert. I am pretty sure of that. It leaves only two choices then since you prefer Fe and Ti - INFJ or INTP. The deciding factor is whether you prefer Ne or Ni.

I have to say that I have been unsure as to whether you are an Ne or Ni user. I think it's easy to get the two mixed up. The key difference in my mind is that Ni converges and Ne diverges. Ni will look at things from many angles but it hones in on one perception from all that stuff. Ne diverges and comes up with possibilities. Ni is like the north star and Ne is like the Milky Way. What do you do with your intuition? I think you rely on it and form a perception. You back it up by other functions but it leads.

As far as the vocabulary discussion and all that, it sounds like a comment being made by an engineer. The gist of your post clearly articulates Ni to me. Most of it resonates pretty well with how my mind works as an Ni dom.

As far as whether people use both Ne and Ni, I think the experts are mixed. The purists would say that you really just use the top 4. However, someone like Lenore Thompson or Beebee would say that you use all 8. They came up with cute names for the other four - like the trickster and crows nest. Thompson goes into a lot of detail into this works in Personality Type - An Owners Manual. I am not sure I believe those theories that you use the other 4 functions but it is purely a personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Even when we arrive at difference conclusions, I can see similarities in how you reason and how other INFJs reason. My impressions of you are of course limited to online, so there is a great deal that no one reading here can know for certain. I'm just wondering if you are in one of our INFJ Dom/Tert loops of Ni-Ti dominating your thinking and bypassing the Fe aspect now? That can seem INTP-ish. INFJs can have times of being every bit as detached emotionally as INTPs. I think you view a bigger picture than INTPs - it feels more Ni-ish to me.

INTPs are really exacting in their reasoning and most debates come down to semantics and exact word definitions being used. They can really obsess on abstract minutia and are very pedantic at times.
    Those are interesting points. I went through a period a few years back where I was in a bit of a funk. I was able to discover over time that in fact the state I was in was like a long running TiFi loop. I was able to figure out that I wasn't using Te to balance the Ni. I tried to think about all kinds of ways to apply Te better to get back to my normal self. No amount of trying to use Te worked. I worked on this for months. What worked was putting myself in the external world more and interacting with more people. I threw myself out there. That balanced me out. The key thing I found is that my thinking and decisions were better. I had a more balanced perspective.

They say that for Ni doms, balancing the dominant function with auxiliary Fe or Te is extremely important. I would tend to agree with this based on my personal experience. Otherwise, you sort of retreat into yourself and your mind just goes around in circles.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Ene, labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I dislike the definitions of Ni. Ne are okay. But Ni don't seem spot-on.
    Is this helpful?

Ni vs. Ne

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

Enneagram
    9w8

Sometimes, when I am really into trying to discover a thing, it helps me to pull back for a few days, mull it over, take walks and think about it, then come back to it with fresh eyes and objective sight.

I first thought, "Sure. AGA might be INTP," but the more I read of your post, the more I think you are likely otherwise. Trust me when I say I understand questioning one's type.

I want to establish a couple of things...do I think you're smart? Absolutely.

Am I saying that you are not INTP? No. Ultimately, you will have to examine your cognitive functions and make that determination for yourself.

Also, I think no one is more hurt more by the perception that her intelligence and reasoning abilities are being called into question than an INFJ. Why? Because our Ti is quiet and tempered and often over-looked, but it's there nonetheless. Our Ni is awesome. It's a powerhouse of understanding and when it's brought to light by our extroverted function and broken down into order by Ti, it is a beautiful and balanced thing, often making us highly creative and intelligent beings. So, I encourage you not to be in too big of a rush to trade it in. Also, just a point of interest here that I don't intend to become a huge topic of conversation, most of the prophets of the Bible seem to be Ni-doms and Ni auxiliaries. I believe Joseph, the prophetic dreamer who became governor of Egypt, was likely INFJ, so if you do decide you're one of us, you'll be in good company
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes highlander, uumlau liked this post

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Is this helpful?

Ni vs. Ne
    Yes, It is a good summation of the two. It makes me realize I very much am interested and focused on building a concept over a long period of time, pulling in any information possible, and using it. I do this with people I am very interested in as well as concepts (like Bible study). I mean, I do this for YEARS. I'm sure most Ne's would have become bored long before this point.

I *think* I do use Ne pretty well to inform my Ni though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Sometimes, when I am really into trying to discover a thing, it helps me to pull back for a few days, mull it over, take walks and think about it, then come back to it with fresh eyes and objective sight.

I first thought, "Sure. AGA might be INTP," but the more I read of your post, the more I think you are likely otherwise. Trust me when I say I understand questioning one's type.

I want to establish a couple of things...do I think you're smart? Absolutely.

Am I saying that you are not INTP? No. Ultimately, you will have to examine your cognitive functions and make that determination for yourself.

Also, I think no one is more hurt more by the perception that her intelligence and reasoning abilities are being called into question than an INFJ. Why? Because our Ti is quiet and tempered and often over-looked, but it's there nonetheless. Our Ni is awesome. It's a powerhouse of understanding and when it's brought to light by our extroverted function and broken down into order by Ti, it is a beautiful and balanced thing, often making us highly creative and intelligent beings. So, I encourage you not to be in too big of a rush to trade it in. Also, just a point of interest here that I don't intend to become a huge topic of conversation, most of the prophets of the Bible seem to be Ni-doms and Ni auxiliaries. I believe Joseph, the prophetic dreamer who became governor of Egypt, was likely INFJ, so if you do decide you're one of us, you'll be in good company
    Thank you for that. I am smart, but in a slower way. I can quip and joke around and be spontaneous but my intelligence mostly lies in seeing things other cannot.

Thanks, Everyone for your help. I am pretty sure I really am an INfj.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes Ene liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yes, It is a good summation of the two. It makes me realize I very much am interested and focused on building a concept over a long period of time, pulling in any information possible, and using it. I do this with people I am very interested in as well as concepts (like Bible study). I mean, I do this for YEARS. I'm sure most Ne's would have become bored long before this point.

I *think* I do use Ne pretty well to inform my Ni
    Because INFJs can absorb their surroundings and have a type of literal empathy, it is possible to take on some if the different functions I think. My family were mostly Fi-Ne and I had 20 years of relationships with Ti-Ne, so I've absorbed a lot from those functions. Are you influenced by people with those functions? I also have a kind of pet theory that when the dominant function is really strong in an individual, it can spill over into both the i and e forms if it. My Ne is also very strong and I am inspired by others using it, but it wears me out after awhile because it's just too much. Do you relate to any of that?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Because INFJs can absorb their surroundings and have a type of literal empathy, it is possible to take on some if the different functions I think. My family were mostly Fi-Ne and I had 20 years of relationships with Ti-Ne, so I've absorbed a lot from those functions. Are you influenced by people with those functions?
    I guess people never really influence me period. Ideas influence me. Source impresses me. Pure concepts impress me.

I also have a kind of pet theory that when the dominant function is really strong in an individual, it can spill over into both the i and e forms if it. My Ne is also very strong and I am inspired by others using it, but it wears me out after awhile because it's just too much. Do you relate to any of that?
    That makes total sense. I would say the same about the aux, though to a lesser degree.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes labyrinthine liked this post