failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    What is your age? 30s? 40s? Perhaps an easier way to approach your type might be to determine which functions you used to greatest proficiency in your teens and 20s. Someone in their 30s and beyond is more likely to find their usage of other functions leveling out or improving as they approach midlife, particulary if, like yourself, they already have a good working knowledge of the functions and have learned to approach the world from different viewpoints/different ways than in their younger years.

Oh, ya know. I've shared stuff on here. I think I just forced into being a major introvert. So, I suspect I have good introverted functions in all the realms. I was an animal activist type in my childhood. I have always been sensitive. I have always struggled with keeping friends, as a child. Not as an adult. I have the same friends I've had for almost 20 years. I like to keep my besties around; if you were able to become my bestie, why would I ever want to replace you?

I never liked constraints. I literally broke out of daycare on several situations; like a toddler jail-break. lol I'm simple yet I'm complex. I sleep in my clothes. I have an empty refrigerator. Yet I'm complex as well. I'm basically a walking dichotomy. So I just don't know. I identify with lots of type descriptions. I like to be around my loved ones, but not necessarily DOING a lot of shit. I like to chillax. You know? Yet I know how to have a lotta fun. I know the best places to go, the best food to eat, the best lakes to swim in, the best pubs, the best bands, so yeah.

I have little patience for whiny or entitled behavior. When I was a child? I just always remember thinking why did my so-called friends have to be so mean? Why couldn't people just be real and genuine and loving?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

@Starcrash Yes there is. There can only be One Truth, that supercedes all other truths.

At least that is what monotheism is. I suppose if you don't hold monotheism as a truth, then you would see that there could be many truths.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes Occam's Chainsaw liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    Why?

I don't think religion is necessarily a bad way to seek truth. In my case, I used to reject all things religious in lieu of scientific truth, but I've come to realize that religion and science can be differing facets of a greater universal truth--they need not exist in conflict. Of course everyone will find their own way of approaching truth, yourself and AGA included, and there isn't necessarily one eternal truth to supersede all other truths.
    Religion is a way of finding comfort, not truth. Sure, a deity of sorts is feasibly consistent with science but of the ones humans have anthropomorphised? I think you're being purposely facetious.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

One thing to keep in mind is how the mind develops over time. Nardi was testing some adult INFJs a few years after publishing his book, and their EEG readings looked very ISTP (the tertiary and inferior functions). Just as remarkably, a lot of the tasks which brought out the INFJ behavior barely registered on the EEG (all regions inactive). In other words, a possible interpretation of this is that our main type by this age is so ingrained, the thought paths so well-tread that they take no energy. But the paths that are being developed by our continued growth light up the EEG brightly, thus the Ti and Se patterns become evident. They're active and energetic because it's where we're focusing our energy.

Further, I recall having a bit of an argument about something with you a few years ago, and I didn't doubt your INFJ type then. The issues I had trying to communicate ideas with you were the typical INFJ issues I have, where I found your reasoning to be kind of twisty and not entirely logical. INTPs on the other hand, when I have issues discussing things with them, stay entirely logical, and I find I mostly disagree with some of their premises, not their reasoning per se. Your style of argument is nothing like those of INTPs I know.

These observations, plus your latest results essentially being INxx, indicates to me that you're still INFJ, you're just growing into your tertiary and auxiliary functions. I see similar patterns in my life, where matters of the heart, socializing with people, dancing, all these things are far more important to me right now than expanding my technical knowledge and understanding of the world. This doesn't mean that I don't still rely heavily on my INTJ side; I'm just not developing/exploring it.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes highlander, Totenkindly, PeaceBaby liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Oh, ya know. I've shared stuff on here. I think I just forced into being a major introvert. So, I suspect I have good introverted functions in all the realms. I was an animal activist type in my childhood. I have always been sensitive. I have always struggled with keeping friends, as a child. Not as an adult. I have the same friends I've had for almost 20 years. I like to keep my besties around; if you were able to become my bestie, why would I ever want to replace you?

I never liked constraints. I literally broke out of daycare on several situations; like a toddler jail-break. lol I'm simple yet I'm complex. I sleep in my clothes. I have an empty refrigerator. Yet I'm complex as well. I'm basically a walking dichotomy. So I just don't know. I identify with lots of type descriptions. I like to be around my loved ones, but not necessarily DOING a lot of shit. I like to chillax. You know? Yet I know how to have a lotta fun. I know the best places to go, the best food to eat, the best lakes to swim in, the best pubs, the best bands, so yeah.

I have little patience for whiny or entitled behavior. When I was a child? I just always remember thinking why did my so-called friends have to be so mean? Why couldn't people just be real and genuine and loving?
    I know many INTPs, and none of them are well-described by the highlighted. They rely on friends who know the best places to go, etc. and wonder why people can't just be reasonable. I agree with @uumlau's assessment.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

There can only be One Truth, that supercedes all other truths.
    I'm in awe of the open-mindedness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I read all of your responses, and I appreciate them all. It is interesting to see you all analyze me. Usually incorrectly. I thing Qreus came pretty close. Highlander, I'm surprised you said you don't see much intuition in me, compared to Ti, when we already discussed that was my strongest preference by far.

Anyway, I definitely use my intuition at the cost of my thinking function. I use Ni/Ne and I guess I do use Ti over Fi, though those fall pretty far behind. I think my Ti is catching up now as my lifestyle is very conducive for that right now (whereas I was only developing my Fe and Te for so many years as a homeschooling mom of five).

I don't know. I am always seeking the best way to do something, always seeking the One Truth. That is a main drive of mine. That is Ni. But I also detect patterns and inconsistencies in things. That is Ne. I use Te and Ti perhaps in equal amounts after that, naturally, when I'm not using Fe at work. I think I am some sort of j-ish INTP. Indeed, the MBTI scored me as a 'scheduled' INTP, which hopefully Highlander will post.
    There can only be One Truth, that supercedes all other truths.

So much of this just screams Ni with Ti serving as a slave to the Ni, I'm not even going to bold it all or go further. According to functional development theory, you should be developing Ti in this period of your life anyway, so no wonder you're identifying strongly with it. You just don't seem to think like an INTP, sure doesn't feel to me like Ti is driving the car. (Not by a longshot.) And as a Ji dom myself, those patterns are well-tread paths for me to recognize.

BUT - I will say, you do vibe somewhat differently than about 75% of the INFJs here on the forum, which is why it's kind of fun to roll with you in this thread and entertain an alternate type. I've attributed this difference in the past to sx dominance. Yet this thread itself continues to confirm INFJ further in my mind.

eta: and what @uumlau said.

eta2: but I would still like to see a video. I want to see if I can see Ne in you.

Ultimately, you are what you believe yourself to be. And if you believe that ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Ultimately, you are what you believe yourself to be.
    If only that were true.

Highlander, I'm surprised you said you don't see much intuition in me, compared to Ti, when we already discussed that was my strongest preference by far.
    What people "see" or "don't see" in your posts can tell you more about them than you.
    I recall contacting a pal of mine and telling him he had a kick-ass metaphor in his post. How did he respond? "Jag, I didn't put a metaphor in my post. You did."

The same could apply to any of the function-attitudes or even intuition as a whole. Frankly, if someone expects to see another person's intuition, there is something amiss. Besides, there are people in this forum who think losing their car keys or missing an exit on the highway means they're intuitive. Crazy.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

@highlander

If you getta chance, will you post my results ?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com