User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: AGA is an INTP!

I would put my bets on a F type for you.

Intps are quite observant (Si maybe) and then they like to break their observations down again and again and again until they reach the core and then they do it again. Ne helps a lot since it's good at seeing possibilities. Possibilities in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    - You are so clearly intuitive it is not even funny .
    I agree with this. I've always seen her as a dominant intuitive, not leading with a dominant judging fx. This would mean her choices are either ENP or INJ, not ENJ or INP.

I have thought on occasion that you prefer Ne over Ni.
    Overall, she exhibits characteristics of introverted intuition over extraverted intuition. Convergent versus divergent. For amazing displays of extraverted intuition, see @Mole, who is an INFP (and will hate my tagging of him in this Typology Jungian Nazi cult discussion, but secretly love it!)

He can take any topic, and respond to it, bringing in random connections, and make a very perceptive point at the end of it (whether you agree or not, is another question). Broad, expansive, receptive, bursting outwards. You can't pin his thoughts down to one singular focus. This is different than certain preoccupations he has. He can take anything and run with it and enjoys doing it!

Not so with AGA.

- You love to analyze stuff in a deep way.
    This. AGA seems to love to get to the heart of the matter. She won't entertain multiple lines of thoughts, at once. It's singular in focus. It must all "tie in" to explain the one idea, to its depth.

Ni and leading with it.

So, INJ.

I recall numerous instances in your posts where you seemed to be showing Ti vs. Te
    In how she reasons out her perception, again, I'd agree that it's moreso via Ti than Te. I can't really see a strong preference for Te. I also see Fe versus Fi in her.

Which leads to INFJ, with possibly a very weak "J".

Then again, we're no experts.
    Likes Ivy, Starry, MDP2525 liked this post

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Thanks for the responses, Everyone. I really appreciate it!

I think it bears noting that environment is going to play a role, so talking about typical function order probably won't lend too much help as I think my functions became twisted or bent at an early age, perhaps assuming an introverted attitude when they perhaps should have extraverted.

I don't know if I was intended to be a Ti dom, but it is possible. It might be that my Ti did not have enough to work with, so my Ne became Ni and I found escape in that. I definitely think my intuition may have taken over me. Adding to this was the fact that from the age of 18 to 41 my primary partner was Ti dom/Se aux means that I deferred to his Ti, allowing other functions, like F, to become more developed. I am processing now (since this INTP diagnosis), that there were many clashes between his version of Ti and my own. As a mother of five and with somewhat of a 9 fix, I would have deferred to his Ti, at the cost of developing my own...And focused more on F which I use for mothering and midwifery.

Finally, since I have been living alone (with part-time kids) this past few years, I have been becoming more of my natural self; I have a deep and real sense that I have picked up 'where I left off' as a teenager, and am more who God intended me to be. I would really love nothing more than to practice part-time midwifery (because my intuition flies so high with this field and I'm good at it), and full-time Bible translation. I can get lost for hours in Bible translating, and nothing thrills me like it does. So yeah. Also, I'd love nothing more than to discuss avante garde and edgy subjects with intellectuals. That is sort of trademark intp, no? And I get really bummed when I don't have that outlet.

I also do feel uncomfortable being tied down to a specific plan. As a mother, I did not mind it so much. But as a mother I was in somewhat of a straight jacket all the time, which I believe brought out my FJ side. Which is why I tested as INFJ all those years.

Kinda like the natural me coming out now I think. Maybe...
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Why does everyone think they're intp now? No I don't think you are either. I think INFJ suits you personally.

Am I intp too?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Ivy, Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Take the test!

I wish I were an INFJ. I like the sound of it better.

I told my friend I feel like being diagnosed as an INTP is like a death sentence.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Test, schmest
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Ivy liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    The consultant said sometimes personality forums tend to promulgate false type-related information.
    SHOCKING! How could they suggest such a thing??!!??

[sarcasm intended]

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I dunno.

the more i ponder it, the more i think i was intended at birth to be an
    enfp

But introverted into more of an
    intp

and whilst being a mother and wife, personified as an
    infj
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Take the test!

I wish I were an INFJ. I like the sound of it better.

I told my friend I feel like being diagnosed as an INTP is like a death sentence.
    What no, embrace it!

Though the struggle is very real as an INTP female in a world where females are half expected to be ESFJs or related.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Why does everyone think they're intp now? No I don't think you are either. I think INFJ suits you personally.

Am I intp too?
    40 is to the new 30 as INTP is to the new INFJ.
    Likes five sounds, AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post