MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Try computer programming!

Maybe deja vu? I've heard tons of people in mbti groups who said they thought they were infj when they were mothers. lol.

Ha was I an INFP because I see you as the underdog? Pleeeeeaasssseee.
    No. Because of your avvy.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    No. Because of your avvy.
    It does seem at least very perceiver-like huh? I am a P-dom after all.

I just believe in this point of my life my inferior function has been coloring my persona a lot, because I want to be the opposite of who I was growing up but yet valuing my childhood and trying to have that "carefree" attitude that so many adults wish they could have back while being simultaneously annoyed with a hint of awestruckedness.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Aphrodite!
    I think you're infj, through and through, love.
    Ti logic in an infj tends to gravitate towards the mystical and non-traditionally religious in infj. Even an atheist infj could consider themselves deeply spiritual while the categorization would likely appear logically inconsistent to a Ti-dom. But the infj is not primarily concerned with logical inconsistency and is guided by synchronous indicators that take precedence over all else. You're highly analytical because of your Ti, but is it representative of your most conscious expression or is it simply indicative of developmental maturation? I'll bet on the latter.
    Your family life and values, your chaos and compassion, your opinions and beliefs, they are all accessible here. You are positively vulnerable. You share, share, share, to express and connect. You reach out for advice and you give it just as freely. It's exacting, not open-ended. You converge on a point.
    On the forum, you have a tendency to naturally assert your values, creating a fiery and passionate persona oriented towards communal ethics and people to a degree that seems more than atypical for an intp. You seem to care about SO much and Ti is comparatively apathetic and dispassionate in relationship to Fe. Perhaps apathetic in general? I don't know for certain, but Fe over Ti valuing seems inarguable to me. Also, the extended search for self that leads to type changes seems quintessentially NF, but mostly INF. Infj for you. I think it's the snuggest fit in the closet.

Beautiful, whatever the type though. Glad to see you're still here.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I know God told me I am an INFJ, but I feel intensely like an INTP.

I have been watching intp videos and they are totally me. The only aspect that isn't spot on is that I use Fe well.

I like these videos about it. And I never realized intps were considered lazy. But of late I am very, very lazy.

Stereotypes. What do you expect from youtube videos? Being very, very lazy "of late" doesn't say anything about your type.

Change your mind another 15 times and maybe you'll find your type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Justice View Post
    Aphrodite!
    Ti logic in an infj tends to gravitate towards the mystical and non-traditionally religious in infj. Even an atheist infj could consider themselves deeply spiritual while the categorization would likely appear logically inconsistent to a Ti-dom. But the infj is not primarily concerned with logical inconsistency and is guided by synchronous indicators that take precedence over all else. You're highly analytical because of your Ti, but is it representative of your most conscious expression or is it simply indicative of developmental maturation? I'll bet on the latter.
    Your family life and values, your chaos and compassion, your opinions and beliefs, they are all accessible here. You are positively vulnerable. You share, share, share, to express and connect. You reach out for advice and you give it just as freely. It's exacting, not open-ended. You converge on a point.
    On the forum, you have a tendency to naturally assert your values, creating a fiery and passionate persona oriented towards communal ethics and people to a degree that seems more than atypical for an intp. You seem to care about SO much and Ti is comparatively apathetic and dispassionate in relationship to Fe. Perhaps apathetic in general? I don't know for certain, but Fe over Ti valuing seems inarguable to me. Also, the extended search for self that leads to type changes seems quintessentially NF, but mostly INF. Infj for you. I think it's the snuggest fit in the closet.

Nah. I'm still not an F type. I use Fe but not as much as I use Ti, by far. Ti drives my decision-making, though because Fe is extraverted it only takes a very small amount of it to be used for people to think one is an Fe dom or aux. But if you saw my mind and how much thinking it is always doing with my Ni (or really analyzed my posts), you would easily tell that Ti drives my thinking and decision-making. Also, because I am Ni/Ti, it is not going to look like INTPs as much because my Ne is weaker than my Ni.

INFJs are primarily concerned with finding the truth, but in the context of the values of others. I do not give Fe that much power in myself. I am concerned with truth, but the ultimate truth which takes into consideration far more than just others' values, see? So that even at the cost of others' feelings, I am going to speak the truth. An infj would be reticent to do this, and it would be contrary to their way of being.

Do you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Stereotypes. What do you expect from youtube videos? Being very, very lazy "of late" doesn't say anything about your type.

Change your mind another 15 times and maybe you'll find your type.
    I'm starting to think I am the only real intp left around here, now that Jennifer is gone.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I'm starting to think I am the only real intp left around here, now that Jennifer is gone.
    I miss her too.

You're nothing like Jennifer. Period.
    Likes Hard, Fay, riva liked this post

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Default Using Inductive Logic to Determine Type

I awoke this morning with a drive to figure out my true type by analyzing my children's types. Indeed if we believe personality type is genetic, and I do, we should be able to look at the offspring of two types and see where the building blocks of their personality came from. No one really knows how many variables are involved in personality genetics, so I decided to just start at where genetics usually starts and that is assuming that traits are fairly straight-forward and equal, that no one trait is more dominant or recessive than another, just to see where I ended up. After all, it's only scratches on paper.

I set out to look at not only MBTI preferences but cognitive functions as well. I have a loose reason to believe I am INFJ in my core, but am manifesting as an INTP in my life, and have been for a long time (except during the throes of extreme mothering, and it WAS extreme!). But let us turn to the observable data to see how it falls out and if further deductions can be made about the inheritability of personality type.

As an amateur social scientist who has been studying personality typology for about 6 years now, I know my family's types better than I know my own. One of those reasons is that I have watched my children come of age in this time period (except the last child, and his type has been obvious from birth), and my children have had a pretty well-rounded childhood, without crazy trauma nor abuse nor neglect, so they are pretty easy to type. Additionally, I have plied them with personality tests from the time they could take them, and so have concluded pretty accurately what their types are. My most difficult child to type has been the middle ENFP child. He used Fe extremely well to the degree I really had him pegged for an ENxJ. However, after puberty and recent testing, it has become apparent he really IS an ENFP. I attribute his ability to morph and use Fe so well to his Ne somehow, though I am not sure exactly why he seems so Fe to me. He is just VERY F, and Fi-ers can be very caring and loving, appearing as Fe.

So I set down on paper my children's father's type (who also came from a 2-parent loving home), and below it listed my children's types. Because I have 5 kids, this is a reasonable amount of 'n' with which to draw at least a loose conclusion pointing back to their mother's type. So here goes:

Father of Children's Type: ISTP Ti/Se

Eldest: INTJ Ni/Te

Second: ISTJ Si/Te

Middle: ENFP Ne/Fi

Fourth: ISFJ Si/Fe

Fifth: ISTP Ti/Se

MBTI Data:

I: 4 E: 1

S: 3 N: 2

T: 3 F: 2

J: 3 P: 2

Since my ex is ISTP, that leaves the preferences of INFJ unaccounted for. I am sort of throwing out the E because it is pretty obvious no one is an E in my family except that child. If I really were an INTP, the predominate question is, how would we account for all that J in our kids?

Then if we turn to cognitive functions, we get the following:

Si: 2

Ni: 1

Ne: 1

Se: 1

Pi/Pe ratio is 3:2

Te: 2

Fe: 1

Ti: 1

Fi: 1

Je/Ji ratio is 3:2

Since my ex is Ji/Pe and my kids predominantly manifest as Pi/Je (and INTP is Ji/Pe as well), it must mean that they get Pi/Je from me somehow.

My most used cognitive functions as far as I can tell are: Ni/Si/Ti/Fe/Ne. I am very Pi but my Je has turned inward a LOT, and has since childhood. Since I use Fe better than Te, and my IN is not the point of contention or confusion, that means again that I am most likely meant to be an INFJ in my genes.

For a fun and final confirmation I looked upward to my own biological parents. I know my mother is an INTJ. And my brother told me he believes my father was an ESFJ. Again, this is Pi/Je predominantly (if my brother is right, which I don't know as my father died). And the functions at play in them should have been Ni/Te and Fe/Si, all of which is identifiable in me, except that I am more Ti than Te.

So this has been an interesting study for me. I am mostly overwhelmed with the Lord because He told me this is true, that I AM an INFJ.

But even so, that side of me is dormant and it is not who I am currently. To call me an INFJ is to somewhat invalidate my current self because for all intents and purposes I feel and think like an INTP.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Justice View Post
    Aphrodite!

Also, INFJ values knowledge over intelligence while INTP values intelligence over knowledge. A lot of people will claim that they value both, an INFJ might say "I also value intelligence." But it's a matter of valuing knowledge more than intelligence. Reason is the handmaiden to faith.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    STP

I awoke this morning with a drive to figure out my true type by analyzing my children's types. Indeed if we believe personality type is genetic, and I do, we should be able to look at the offspring of two types and see where the building blocks of their personality came from. No one really knows how many variables are involved in personality genetics, so I decided to just start at where genetics usually starts and that is assuming that traits are fairly straight-forward and equal, that no one trait is more dominant or recessive than another, just to see where I ended up. After all, it's only scratches on paper.

I set out to look at not only MBTI preferences but cognitive functions as well. I have a loose reason to believe I am INFJ in my core, but am manifesting as an INTP in my life, and have been for a long time (except during the throes of extreme mothering, and it WAS extreme!). But let us turn to the observable data to see how it falls out and if further deductions can be made about the inheritability of personality type.

As an amateur social scientist who has been studying personality typology for about 6 years now, I know my family's types better than I know my own. One of those reasons is that I have watched my children come of age in this time period (except the last child, and his type has been obvious from birth), and my children have had a pretty well-rounded childhood, without crazy trauma nor abuse nor neglect, so they are pretty easy to type. Additionally, I have plied them with personality tests from the time they could take them, and so have concluded pretty accurately what their types are. My most difficult child to type has been the middle ENFP child. He used Fe extremely well to the degree I really had him pegged for an ENxJ. However, after puberty and recent testing, it has become apparent he really IS an ENFP. I attribute his ability to morph and use Fe so well to his Ne somehow, though I am not sure exactly why he seems so Fe to me. He is just VERY F, and Fi-ers can be very caring and loving, appearing as Fe.

So I set down on paper my children's father's type (who also came from a 2-parent loving home), and below it listed my children's types. Because I have 5 kids, this is a reasonable amount of 'n' with which to draw at least a loose conclusion pointing back to their mother's type. So here goes:

Father of Children's Type: ISTP Ti/Se

Eldest: INTJ Ni/Te

Second: ISTJ Si/Te

Middle: ENFP Ne/Fi

Fourth: ISFJ Si/Fe

Fifth: ISTP Ti/Se

MBTI Data:

I: 4 E: 1

S: 3 N: 2

T: 3 F: 2

J: 3 P: 2

Since my ex is ISTP, that leaves the preferences of INFJ unaccounted for. I am sort of throwing out the E because it is pretty obvious no one is an E in my family except that child. If I really were an INTP, the predominate question is, how would we account for all that J in our kids?

Then if we turn to cognitive functions, we get the following:

Si: 2

Ni: 1

Ne: 1

Se: 1

Pi/Pe ratio is 3:2

Te: 2

Fe: 1

Ti: 1

Fi: 1

Je/Ji ratio is 3:2

Since my ex is Ji/Pe and my kids predominantly manifest as Pi/Je (and INTP is Ji/Pe as well), it must mean that they get Pi/Je from me somehow.

My most used cognitive functions as far as I can tell are: Ni/Si/Ti/Fe/Ne. I am very Pi but my Je has turned inward a LOT, and has since childhood. Since I use Fe better than Te, and my IN is not the point of contention or confusion, that means again that I am most likely meant to be an INFJ in my genes.

For a fun and final confirmation I looked upward to my own biological parents. I know my mother is an INTJ. And my brother told me he believes my father was an ESFJ. Again, this is Pi/Je predominantly (if my brother is right, which I don't know as my father died). And the functions at play in them should have been Ni/Te and Fe/Si, all of which is identifiable in me, except that I am more Ti than Te.

So this has been an interesting study for me. I am mostly overwhelmed with the Lord because He told me this is true, that I AM an INFJ.

But even so, that side of me is dormant and it is not who I am currently. To call me an INFJ is to somewhat invalidate my current self because for all intents and purposes I feel and think like an INTP.
    I don't see the above as INTP, it screams dominant perciever IMHO.
    Im out, its been fun