failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    At school or at work or with friends. At school, I usually bantered with teachers and professors. At home, I was quiet, isolated, alone. One aunt was shocked I could after we had a conversation when I was 11 during a car trip. She said, "I don't remember you ever talking before!"

I had a bunch of friends. I never had trouble making friends, but I was always distant. My friends never got my hopes or fears. They were must fire having fun. I didn't even admit tell them when in had crushes on girls. I also compartmentalized my friends. With every little overlap.

Even with all this, I thought myself incapable of socializing. So, I picked girls up at random at dances and such and having them jump my bones a few minutes later, but I thought I struggled finding girls. I chat up people all day long, but felt I couldn't connect.

It was only with my midlife crisis that begun last year that I started to accept the true me.

It would mean you were followed your inferior Ti, the other half of Fe. It is what I did.

This post Why the Inferior Function is So Important seemed help me understand the inferior function much better.

Dom inf are in a tug of war and we can get stuck.

For me, I never thought I was an extrovert. I hated the idea of being a J. I hated the idea of being a feeler.

I worked in a career where I would have succeeded far more if I had been self-aware (though I was still really good at my job, I just didn't feel right.....) If I had only gone full Fe, I would have been rockstar in the field instead of miserable.... oh, well....

Everything is perfect. The past is dead. I make my future. And you make yours.....
    Can you tell me how Ti makes me loud?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Can you tell me how Ti makes me loud?
    That is Fe. All FeTi talk with Fe while all FiTe users talk with Te. We interact with the world with our Je, no matter where it is on the stack.

So, if your Fe is out of your conscious mind, you are going to be loud. If it is controlled, not so much.

My INFJ sister, who was the oldest and didn't receive the abuse I got from my brother, is very quiet and reserved. She didn't date much before getting married, but had some good friends, just not many. She reacted to our parent's neglect by becoming codependent like me. She met a bipolar ESFP with a very hard childhood and married him a few months later, feeling pulled together as only two people with serious emotional health issues could be (oh, like my wife and I, hmm).

She isn't outspoken, but had a healthier childhood, given that she the oldest and mom and dad paid some attention to each other and her back then.....

We think very similarly, though, but I am quicker and she is deeper. She also didn't have the NiTi loop like me.....lucky her.

So, TLDR: uncontrolled Fe for FJs will mean it comes out no matter what you do. It is your major J function. Either you engage it consciously or unconsciously......
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

So, again you really fit the stereotype of a INFJ with poorly developed Fe.

The problem areas here sound like you and how you interact with the forum at times.
    On another note, if you feel strongly attached to Ti, you should make an effort to improve your Fe.

One exercise I started doing was finding something in everyone and everything I see and saying in my mind, "I love you for XXXXX", whether it be the guy walking a dog, "I love that you are walking your dog and thank you for doing it", or "i love those colors on the leaves and thank you, tree" or "I love your willingness to wear those bold colors and thank you for wearing those clothes" or (being a guy) "I love all the cleavage you are sharing and thank you" or "I love how your ass looks in those yoga pants and thank you and the inventor of yoga pants"

It is the act of saying "I love you for and thank you", even in my mind, that seems to helps me to connect more easily to everyone. And it feels better telling myself "I love you for those nice breasts you are showing off and thanks for sharing them with me" than "she has great breasts". It breaks through years of conditioning to keep everyone away. And everyone has something you can appreciate.

And I actually become consciously friendlier and happier as I say these things. And I do talk more to others, lifting others up. And it feels better to me and I can see it makes them feel better too.

We all need to overcome our childhood issues at some point, even ones we don't think were issues. And as much as NFJs can see so much in others, they tend to be clueless about themselves.....
    I think you are onto something here and I believe that from a type development standpoint, developing a strong auxiliary function is probably the single most important thing for introverted intuitives. In Gifts Differing, Isabel Briggs Myers indicated that for Introverted Intuitives, the importance of developing a balancing auxiliary judging process (i.e., Te, Fe) cannot be overstated because of the Ni dom's utter confidence in their intuition and the risk of that over dominating in the personality. The resulting behavior looks something like a dominant-tertiary loop. I ran into an issue at one point where I discovered I was in a pattern of Ni-Fi loop type of thinking. It lasted for quite a while - a year or two? I realized intellectually what was going on but was unable to focus on using Te more no matter what I tried. The simple solution just turned out to be to engage more with the external world and people and accomplishing things where I could have measurable results. In other words, i just put myself in a position where it would be natural to exercise the extraverted thinking function. The business world is a very easy and natural place to do that. When I spent less time alone on my own and more time with others, the problem went away.

I think that link you posted is excellent. There is some good content on that site. Here is what they say in the INTJ profile, which is somewhat analogous because INTJs and INFJs are common in many ways:

Most of the weaknesses associated with any given personality type are a result of that type's dominant function overtaking the personality to the extent that the other functions become slaves to the dominant function. Although it is natural for every personality to be ruled by its dominant function, it becomes a problem when the supporting functions are not allowed to develop fully on their own because they are too busy "serving the master". In such cases, a personality can become quite imbalanced.

A situation in which the dominant function of a personality completely overshadows the other personality functions is analogous to a kingdom that is ruled by an overbearing king who requires absolute servitude. Imagine such a king sitting down to dinner in his castle. He keeps all of his servants running about to bring him dinner, and requires that they serve him fully (disregarding their own needs) until he is completed sated. His Foreign Minister, who is expected at an important affair at a neighboring kingdom, finds himself pouring ale. His Minister of Domestic Affairs, rather than addressing the issue of a failing economy, slices roast turkey. His staff grabs food for themselves here and there, but never get what they really need or want, and are consequently unsatisfied, malnourished, and underdeveloped. The issues that the staff should be taking care of are left undone, because they never finish their primary task of serving the king. The king's immediate needs are being met, and so he is tolerably happy, but he is an ineffective king. As far as he knows, everything and everybody exists simply to serve him. He has no concept of Success beyond his daily needs. Since he cannot see beyond his own needs, the entire kingdom suffers.

Likewise, a personality that has developed with a goal of serving the dominant function above all other considerations often results in a person who is imbalanced. In severe cases, the weaknesses associated with the given type are often quite apparent to others, and overshadow the individual's natural strengths. Such a drastic imbalance is not common, and may be the result of continuous and extreme stress. Most people will experience times in their lives during which they are stressed to the point of serious imbalance. People who experience this constantly have issues that need to be dealt with, and should seek help.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes SearchingforPeace, Poki, Forever liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think you are onto something here and I believe that from a type development standpoint, developing a strong auxiliary function is probably the single most important thing for introverted intuitives. In Gifts Differing, Isabel Briggs Myers indicated that for Introverted Intuitives, the importance of developing a balancing auxiliary judging process (i.e., Te, Fe) cannot be overstated because of the Ni dom's utter confidence in their intuition and the risk of that over dominating in the personality. The resulting behavior looks something like a dominant-tertiary loop. I ran into an issue at one point where I discovered I was in a pattern of Ni-Fi loop type of thinking. It lasted for quite a while - a year or two? I realized intellectually what was going on but was unable to focus on using Te more no matter what I tried. The simple solution just turned out to be to engage more with the external world and people and accomplishing things where I could have measurable results. In other words, i just put myself in a position where it would be natural to exercise the extraverted thinking function. The business world is a very easy and natural place to do that. When I spent less time alone on my own and more time with others, the problem went away.

I think that link you posted is excellent. There is some good content on that site. Here is what they say in the INTJ profile, which is somewhat analogous because INTJs and INFJs are common in many ways:

Most of the weaknesses associated with any given personality type are a result of that type's dominant function overtaking the personality to the extent that the other functions become slaves to the dominant function. Although it is natural for every personality to be ruled by its dominant function, it becomes a problem when the supporting functions are not allowed to develop fully on their own because they are too busy "serving the master". In such cases, a personality can become quite imbalanced.

A situation in which the dominant function of a personality completely overshadows the other personality functions is analogous to a kingdom that is ruled by an overbearing king who requires absolute servitude. Imagine such a king sitting down to dinner in his castle. He keeps all of his servants running about to bring him dinner, and requires that they serve him fully (disregarding their own needs) until he is completed sated. His Foreign Minister, who is expected at an important affair at a neighboring kingdom, finds himself pouring ale. His Minister of Domestic Affairs, rather than addressing the issue of a failing economy, slices roast turkey. His staff grabs food for themselves here and there, but never get what they really need or want, and are consequently unsatisfied, malnourished, and underdeveloped. The issues that the staff should be taking care of are left undone, because they never finish their primary task of serving the king. The king's immediate needs are being met, and so he is tolerably happy, but he is an ineffective king. As far as he knows, everything and everybody exists simply to serve him. He has no concept of Success beyond his daily needs. Since he cannot see beyond his own needs, the entire kingdom suffers.

Likewise, a personality that has developed with a goal of serving the dominant function above all other considerations often results in a person who is imbalanced. In severe cases, the weaknesses associated with the given type are often quite apparent to others, and overshadow the individual's natural strengths. Such a drastic imbalance is not common, and may be the result of continuous and extreme stress. Most people will experience times in their lives during which they are stressed to the point of serious imbalance. People who experience this constantly have issues that need to be dealt with, and should seek help.
    I don't know where I read it or what book, but I believe our auxilary is a huge key to our inferior since it's in the opposite orientation. With an INFJ it would be Fe which helps open up Se in a positive way, not a sink or swim fashion.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I know God told me I am an INFJ, but I feel intensely like an INTP.

I have been watching intp videos and they are totally me. The only aspect that isn't spot on is that I use Fe well.

I like these videos about it. And I never realized intps were considered lazy. But of late I am very, very lazy.

Lol. This humor part is right on.

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

I know God told me I am an INFJ, but I feel intensely like an INTP.

I have been watching intp videos and they are totally me. The only aspect that isn't spot on is that I use Fe well.

I like these videos about it. And I never realized intps were considered lazy. But of late I am very, very lazy.
    So even if it's absolutely certain that God DOES exist.
    You think He'd just tell you a limited version of who you are? I had given that thought before. God is all knowing right?
    Anyway if you may share, how was your answer given? (I.e. distinct voice in head, lots of highly well arranged letters in your scriptures where your consciousness found: I , N , F , J and TP was nowhere to be found? Your mind couldn't switch off INFJ?)

Oh and inferior function can make you overestimate you use that function well, js.

Share?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    So even if it's absolutely certain that God DOES exist.
    You think He'd just tell you a limited version of who you are? I had given that thought before. God is all knowing right?
    Anyway if you may share, how was your answer given? (I.e. distinct voice in head, lots of highly well arranged letters in your scriptures where your consciousness found: I , N , F , J and TP was nowhere to be found? Your mind couldn't switch off INFJ?)

Oh and inferior function can make you overestimate you use that function well, js.

Share?
    I think it is becoming apparent to me that He told me who my core person was. And I think my functioning person is an INTP who uses Fe (because it is natural in me and because I have subconsciously learned it can feed Ti in fun ways).

He tells me things mostly when I ask Him directly. He speaks thoughts into my brain when I ask Him things directly, in dialogue, and it's usually very simple and short phrases or sentences. He used my spiritual name a lot too, as a Father would when He is teaching something. Sometimes He does make things known to me in the pages of scripture, or via my intuition, or something I just feel strongly driven to do (though this is the least reliable one, because it gets mixed up with my fleshly person).

I don't put any stock in function stack or inferior function. Mainly because I've always found it vague and murky. Truth for me is usually simple and easy to see and understand. So anytime someone is selling something as 'truth' and I have to read it several times to even understand it, that means it isn't true. I have an eye for truth.

I just always thought the concern for truth was an Ni thing, but these videos show 'truth', 'authenticity', and 'autonomy' are the intp trinity, if you will. And those are things I have always held valuable for myself, at least since I can remember.

Thank you for you questions. I like them.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

I think it is becoming apparent to me that He told me who my core person was. And I think my functioning person is an INTP who uses Fe (because it is natural in me and because I have subconsciously learned it can feed Ti in fun ways).

He tells me things mostly when I ask Him directly. He speaks thoughts into my brain when I ask Him things directly, in dialogue, and it's usually very simple and short phrases or sentences. He used my spiritual name a lot too, as a Father would when He is teaching something. Sometimes He does make things known to me in the pages of scripture, or via my intuition, or something I just feel strongly driven to do (though this is the least reliable one, because it gets mixed up with my fleshly person).
    I used to think that way.

I don't put any stock in function stack or inferior function. Mainly because I've always found it vague and murky. Truth for me is usually simple and easy to see and understand. So anytime someone is selling something as 'truth' and I have to read it several times to even understand it, that means it isn't true. I have an eye for truth.

I just always thought the concern for truth was an Ni thing, but these videos show 'truth', 'authenticity', and 'autonomy' are the intp trinity, if you will. And those are things I have always held valuable for myself, at least since I can remember.

Thank you for you questions. I like them.
    I was told I have an eye for truth, I'll try your technique and see how that goes! ^_^ I think I can see how that works at least from an Ni perspective at least. Maybe. Well it could be you're a Ti-leaning INFJ like many considered me as. Although, recently I've been trying to do better on all of my other functions still. But I'm sure I don't have Ne/Si in my stack.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I used to think that way.
    Maybe we can get you back in the Force!

I was told I have an eye for truth, I'll try your technique and see how that goes! ^_^ I think I can see how that works at least from an Ni perspective at least. Maybe. Well it could be you're a Ti-leaning INFJ like many considered me as. Although, recently I've been trying to do better on all of my other functions still. But I'm sure I don't have Ne/Si in my stack.
    The problem with calling me a Ti driven infj (though I have a lot of respect for the one who called it that) is that the bottom line is I am not a feeler, but a thinker. It has become blatantly obvious. Yes, I realize I don't know how to program or do other nerdy things that stereotypical intps might do, but I am a thinker in the construct realm nonetheless.

I am sure when I first discovered personality theory and was in the throes of mothering and housewifery, I was more of an infj. But that is not who I am anymore. I'm not exactly sure when that changed, but it has changed, and rather drastically, I believe.

Wait. Did you post that last paragraph before? Or am I having a realllllyyyyy weird dejavu? lol.

Also, you totally vibe like an infp to me. Who uses Ni.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

Maybe we can get you back in the Force!

The problem with calling me a Ti driven infj (though I have a lot of respect for the one who called it that) is that the bottom line is I am not a feeler, but a thinker. It has become blatantly obvious. Yes, I realize I don't know how to program or do other nerdy things that stereotypical intps might do, but I am a thinker in the construct realm nonetheless.

I am sure when I first discovered personality theory and was in the throes of mothering and housewifery, I was more of an infj. But that is not who I am anymore. I'm not exactly sure when that changed, but it has changed, and rather drastically, I believe.

Wait. Did you post that last paragraph before? Or am I having a realllllyyyyy weird dejavu? lol.

Also, you totally vibe like an infp to me. Who uses Ni.
    Try computer programming!

Maybe deja vu? I've heard tons of people in mbti groups who said they thought they were infj when they were mothers. lol.

Ha was I an INFP because I see you as the underdog? Pleeeeeaasssseee.