failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    I think you are a INFJ in a NiTi loop. I read the entire thread and you seem to lack self-awareness of your Fe.
    I am going to go back over the memories i have from childhood and try to remember things I haven't thought much about as well, in order to elucidate whether I used Ni or Ti more as a child. I was quite a bit rambunctious and energetic. Of my own kids, 3 use Je and 2 use Ji. Since my ex is an istp, that could possibly be an argument for me being Je as well.

The test result is likely from your own lack of self-awareness.
    I dunno. I am 47 and been a practicing typologist for 7 years now. I am pretty aware. Plus the official mbti tested me out as an intp, and with that you have a debriefing as well, to make sure.

You mentioned your ex was a Ti dom, so that exposure could definitely influence your functions.
    But Ti/Se will be so different than Ti/Ni. Indeed, that might have been why he and I clashed so much in solving problems, was because our Ti had such a different flavor.

Add in a difficult childhood (almost guaranteed for Fe doms and auxs) and your functions get screwed up.
    Why?

I would recommend focusing on your Se for a bit. It should help you break out of your loop.
    I am pretty open to flowing with whatever day I need to have. I do not believe in forcing function growth, but letting them occur as they will. I like to let Se take over for sure. Just not very often. In fact, my fav extraverted function is Fe being used one-on-one. But my fav functions are Ni/Ti/Si. I get kind of cranky when I have to get drug out of my head very much. And I'm always seeking those deep convos. That is why I like Fe one-on-one, because it affords me the opportunity to fuel my Ni/Ti i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    The problem with arguing with Je doms, imo, is that they seem to be done with the argument or discussion when they feel they're done, whereas I want to go deeper and dissect the argument's points more, but by that point they've usually already lost interest or moved on.
    I am not sure I agree with this. It seems very dependent on I/E attitude in the dom/aux position. I can be done if I don't perceive I'm being understood, or it will waste my time to continue. Whereas I can see that Je dom/aux will want to keep trying to drive the point home.

You vibe much more as an INFJ than you do as an INTP. Just my observation though, and far from an educated one.

INFJs can be pretty damn analytical. I can see why the confusion might arise. I've been in similar predicaments since I discovered Jungian Cognitive Function Theory.
    I appreciate your opinion, and it matters to me. I think I am more analytical than most infjs though. To the point I'm not an F anymore.

It's like I'm a people-oriented INTP more than a thinking-focused INFJ. Maybe.

I will explore my ways and style as a child...

Thanks, Everyone, for your thoughtful responses!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I appreciate your opinion, and it matters to me. I think I am more analytical than most infjs though. To the point I'm not an F anymore.

It's like I'm a people-oriented INTP more than a thinking-focused INFJ. Maybe.

I will explore my ways and style as a child...

Thanks, Everyone, for your thoughtful responses!
    This is possible.

It's also possible you're what I like to call the Ti-INFJ. Sort of a spin on socionics subtypes but applied to MBTI code, but also my own category I made for the really analytical INFJs who don't quite fit the INTx mold but are still solid Ni doms. Assuming they were INFJs and not INTPs, I would classify Jung and perhaps Thomas Jefferson as Ti-INFJs who are often typed as INTPs.

If I were an INFJ (I'm not, but if I were), then I would probably class myself as one of these.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

MBTI
    STP

This is possible.

It's also possible you're what I like to call the Ti-INFJ. Sort of a spin on socionics subtypes but applied to MBTI code, but also my own category I made for the really analytical INFJs who don't quite fit the INTx mold but are still solid Ni doms. Assuming they were INFJs and not INTPs, I would classify Jung and perhaps Thomas Jefferson as Ti-INFJs who are often typed as INTPs.

If I were an INFJ (I'm not, but if I were), then I would probably class myself as one of these.
    That's not strict Jung or MBTI, you can't do that....foul...against the rules...

Figure it out and get back to me when you have the answer so we can do something with it productive
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

This is possible.

Oh, I see.

Okay, well I will let it sit and see.

Your problem with me being an INTP is that I use too much Fe?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    STP

Oh, I see.

Your perception seems to solidified and not as questioning. That's a huge sign of Pi. Doesn't mean it can't change, it needs a solid reason to change. That solid reason needs to be presented to change. IP are alot more flexible perception wise and things are more grey scale then moving between black and white.

IP goes through life looking for change in perception, IJ needs more of a reason to change perception.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Ghost liked this post

Oh, I see.

No. Just a vibe I got. Vibes are often wrong. I don't expect every INTP to vibe the same, nor do I expect that of INFJs. I could see how it would be easier for female NTPs to mistype as NFJs due to bullshit societal expectations of how females are supposed to think or act.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Your perception seems to solidified and not as questioning. That's a huge sign of Pi. Doesn't mean it can't change, it needs a solid reason to change. That solid reason needs to be presented to change. IP are alot more flexible perception wise and things are more grey scale then moving between black and white.

IP goes through life looking for change in perception, IJ needs more of a reason to change perception.
    I am both though, Pi and Ji Ni and Ti.

And I am open to change if it's reasonable...
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

A difficult childhood screws up F types in general, as they are not validated in their feelings.

But for Fe users, it screws us up big time. Influenced so much by the emotions of others, they are in turmoil fit reasons unrelated to themselves and can't deal with the pain. The need to learn to cope, but most learn to cope by becoming harden, thereby rejecting the Fe that is central to their existence.

Ex: my 8 year old son is mini me in many ways, likely ENFJ. His therapist says he struggles with dealing with the emotions of others instead of his own.

So yesterday, one of my twins had a bad episode, my 10 year old had a bad episode, my wife got upset by all this, so by the time I got home, my ENFJ son was agitated. He struggled for the rest of the night, even when everyone else was calm. I tried to talk with him but he was so distraught he couldn't reason.

He has two choices to cope: 1, close himself off to emotion, avoid, and go Ti (what I did for most of my life) or 2, build up boundaries and learn to manage the emotional minefield.

I am trying so hard to help him better manage and accept. I hope I succeed so that he can be healthy and adjusted adult.

So, again you really fit the stereotype of a INFJ with poorly developed Fe.

The problem areas here sound like you and how you interact with the forum at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Enneagram
    N/A

Yeah, you seem stereotypical INFJ to me but idk. Maybe being a head type has something to do with it?? You're a very 5ish 7 or 7ish 5.
    You are so arbitrary.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

No. Just a vibe I got. Vibes are often wrong. I don't expect every INTP to vibe the same, nor do I expect that of INFJs. I could see how it would be easier for female NTPs to mistype as NFJs due to bullshit societal expectations of how females are supposed to think or act.
    I think vibes are as good or better than anything.

If I were intp, I should be : Ti Ne Fi (or Fe depending on your cf theory alignment) Se

If I were infj, I should be: Ni Fe Ti (or Te depending on your cf theory alignment) Se?

The infj is more my stacking, just not in the right order. Question is, did my Ne aux bend to Ni or did my Fe get subjugated by my Ti? Seems more likely that Ne would get bent, imo, than for a whole nuther function to jump forward.....
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com