User Tag List

123 Last

Question Could I be mixed types?

I've done the MBTI test the first time few days ago on Free personality test, type descriptions, relationship and career advice | 16Personalities.
    I end up being INTJ, I really feel like some parts of me are INTJ but some other important parts are not. I'm not arrogant, sometimes yes, most of the time I don't show it and keep it for myself because I find arrogance stupid. I never intentionally hurt someone, I'm always walking on eggshell not hurting anyone except when I feel someone is being a pricks and needs to be replaced. I hate dating and social rule that true but I'm a big romantic. I'm also a really really artistic guy, professional jazz guitarist, good signer, sculptor, 3D modeling artist and digital artist. My goal in life is to be in an little associated group leading an enterprise in the video game industry. In not a tactical guy, I don't really plan things that much, I don't follow structure that much, I've been holding seriously an agenda the first time this year. My process of learning art has always been improvised and self taught.
    I'm Behind-the-Scenes (Informing and Responding)
    Idealist/Catalyst (Abstract and Affiliative)
    That gave me INFP but that my brother, and I'm just a little bit like him.
    When I read the artistic type ISFP, I feel some similarities but not as much as INTJ.
    I feel like this system is one of the most accurate I've seen but maybe it can be even more precise.
    Anyway thanks for your time.

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that INTJ, ISFP, ENTJ, and ESFP all have the same functions (Fi, Te, Ni, Se), just in different orders. These 4 functions make the Gamma Quadrant. If you had Fe - Ti - Se - Ni you'd be in the Beta Quadra (STPs and NFJs), if Fi - Te - Si - Ne then Delta, and if Fe - Ti - Ne - Si then Alpha.

All the types you tested as, INTJ, INFP, and ISFP have a Fi-Te axis so you can work on that as a constant. INTJ and ISFP are both in the Gamma Quadrant. Types in the same quadrant are mirror images of other types in the quadrant. They have the same fundamental traits and tastes, just expressed in different ways.
    INTJ and ISFP are about the same. Under stress, the logical side of the ISFP may resemble the INTJ and the INTJ's deepest emotions reflect the ISFP.

The trick is SF vs. NT. If you're more of a moralist, "protector" figure who feels deeply about his surroundings but seldom exposes it, you're ISFP. If you view the world through logic and like an Ni "labyrinth," this is INTJ.

Thanks
    There is some terms in need to understand, is extrovert/introvert intuition/sensing means the attitude people have toward those aspect? Example an Ne will more likely externalize is intuition? Isn't that the exact same thing as Te, externalizing the thinking? If not what is the difference?
    I hate that feeling of not being sure about what type I am lol, I feel like there is a flaw. I'm protective, but I don't need to expose it or not since everybody is safe, I just can't be cold with my family I'm like programmed like that. I see the world in relative term but my opinion about that are the hardest thing to move, and I genuinely think that if someone doesn't share that idea he is immediately wrong, being always relative ends up finding multiple way to make contradictions plausible, but on the first sight my view of the world seems completely illogical when in reality it is made of so much different system of logic hold together that the global vision of it recalls illogical reasoning. But in the end I would say I'm as much logical as imaginative, my relative thinking accept and easily create system for contradicting elements.

I stumble upon the subtypes and I would say that is pretty accurate too.
    The 24 INTP Subtypes - wambly.weebly.com
    But still I feel like 80% INTJ and 20% ISFP or something around 90%-10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukishi View Post
    I stumble upon the subtypes and I would say that is pretty accurate too.
    The 24 INTP Subtypes - wambly.weebly.com
    But still I feel like 80% INTJ and 20% ISFP or something around 90%-10%.
    Your first mistake is that you rely upon online tests, rather than studying each individual type and their cognitive functions and how they relate to you.

I read most of them, sure I have a little bit of all and I rather say I'm 75% INTJ, 10% ISFP, 5% whatever, than saying that I'm 100% INTJ. I think that is possible for certain people to be 100% a type but couldn't be possible for 7 billion of people. Plus we are all dynamic and change over time, but I still think that this system could be a little bit more precise.

I vote ISFP. You don't write like an INTJ at all.

Well that would be fun to know how and why. That would help a lot.

I might be more ISFP than I think, especially for the caring part, but I would tend to debate like crazy over anything.

Your style of textwalling vibes Fi/Te axis. Specifically the kind where a Fi tries to tap into the Te but just can't.
    The voice is undeveloped. There's no power or intent in the tone.

Text is too unrefined and disorganized for Te-creative. The information is there, there's a desire to make use of it--but it lacks the necessary structure and organization to get its point across.

also
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukishi View Post
    I think that is possible for certain people to be 100% a type but couldn't be possible for 7 billion of people. Plus we are all dynamic and change over time, but I still think that this system could be a little bit more precise.
    ^"Nobody's just one type, we're all bigger than that." CLASSIC Fi copout. You don't want to be put in a box.