User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Your style of textwalling vibes Fi/Te axis. Specifically the kind where a Fi tries to tap into the Te but just can't.
    The voice is undeveloped. There's no power or intent in the tone.

Text is too unrefined and disorganized for Te-creative. The information is there, there's a desire to make use of it--but it lacks the necessary structure and organization to get its point across.
    Well English is not my first language, could that be a sign of undeveloped unrefined disorganized text voice and tone? Yeah my organised part of INTJ is not there for some aspects, it's the missing part. I'm organised in my disorganization, and I tend to be more and more organised with time. When I was young I was much more messed up and introverted. And now I tend to start everything in a unorganized way and end it up getting it more and more organised, especially if the subject is new to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    ^"Nobody's just one type, we're all bigger than that." CLASSIC Fi copout. You don't want to be put in a box.
    Are you Fi? Because you just support what I was saying by using a different sentence. If it's for saying that people can be 100% a type, I just said it was possible not certain, since I read so many people agreeing with the definition of their types like crazy, and so few arguing it. I don't have any factual evidence on that subject, I can only theorize. But saying that it can be possible was to emphases on the idea that "since I'm not, is it possible some people are?". Plus MBTI seems not giving the possibility to have out of box result, I'm not that innocent to agree with the 16 labels only. I think of the same system but with more unique result, like NPIT introvert descendant ISFP.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think everyone is but you are bound to have preferences and function more naturally one way than another.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think everyone is but you are bound to have preferences and function more naturally one way than another.
    Is there a good test? Or is it better to look at the descriptions and evaluate our dominant type and minor types? Or ask someone else? What do you think I am the most at first glance?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukishi View Post
    Is there a good test? Or is it better to look at the descriptions and evaluate our dominant type and minor types? Or ask someone else? What do you think I am the most at first glance?
    I think its impossible to tell with the information which is likely to be available on an online forum, personally I think reading Jung and some of his theories about the psyche is more useful than MBTI to be honest.
    Likes Ryukishi liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

@Ryukishi

We are all just one type.
    We are able to behave like other types.
    What changes is how much strong our preferences are.

Even if our preferences are extremely thin they are still preferences. That's what type is describing.
    You could be an ISFP with balanced S&N, F&T and P&J but STILL have a slight preference over S, F and P. Or the other way around.
    But I guess is most likely that you tend to behave in certain ways because you're unconsciously under the influence of people around you and their ideas.
    This is a rough thought but I believe that if you used to be very chaotic and you are now improving and trying to get better at being more organized you may just be a P that is being forced to behave like a J.
    A study says that since the majority of our society is composed by SJs, their influence is quite strong, therefore most xP types force themselves to behave like them.

Is uncommon for T types to take in consideration the possibility of being F types because they are logic enough to know that emotions are an obstacle to the accurate thought. Emotions don't make a person dumb, they are a really peculiar mysterious source of knowledge, but also misleading in a variety of scientific topics. When I study I try to concentrate on the logic rather than emotions, but it doesn't come natural to me.
    I don't like to be put in a box either, even though when it makes sense I accept it.

I believe most people that constantly finds a lot of flaws on the MBTI are just scared to get to know oneself better. MBTI doesn't tell you what you ARE, what you like, how you behave like, is describing your thinking pattern. And starting from there a lot of people of the same type find out with statistics that they have a lot of things in common. I believe that that's what type descriptions are basically saying. ISFP: ''these people usually behave like this due to their thinking pattern''. But we all experience different things in life and psychology needs context.
    For example, they say INFPs are the type that tends to love cats the most. But if a young INFP got their face painfully scratched by a wild kitten, I don't think they are gonna like cats as much growing up. They also say that INFPs are usually writers. But if an INFPs mom died buried under a shelf filled with thick old books, I don't think they will ever be able to touch a book.
    Of course these are dumb examples that can be kind of extreme, but that's the concept.

English isn't my first language either, so I understand the way you feel. Even though is pretty common for Fi types to believe they are logic thinking types, because their inferior Te function is struggling to get stronger. I've seem some pretty brilliant and organized Fi thoughts. It just takes more time for us to begin to use our Te decently.

Personality traits: a summary by Yar'Chun
    Introverted - Independent bitch
    Extraverted - Weak
    Intuitive - Creative 4th dimension spacelord
    Sensing - Dumb
    Feeling - Such confused wow
    Thinking - Smart
    Judjing - Nel mio intimo c'è Chilly
    Perceiving - Oooh butterflies

Quote Originally Posted by Yaru View Post
    @Ryukishi
    This is a rough thought but I believe that if you used to be very chaotic and you are now improving and trying to get better at being more organized you may just be a P that is being forced to behave like a J.
    Well I'm too much independent to be forced, I feel like that the lack of parent supervision in my youth made me chaotic and forced me to want to be more organized, I started being organized not long ago and feel so much better, it's like a late maturation have finally come. I never felt ass good in my life.

@Ryukishi
    Is uncommon for T types to take in consideration the possibility of being F types because they are logic enough to know that emotions are an obstacle to the accurate thought. Emotions don't make a person dumb, they are a really peculiar mysterious source of knowledge, but also misleading in a variety of scientific topics.
    I only use emotion in my art and closest friends. I'm very very Fi. When it comes to debates, science and philosophy, I need facts, stats, real thing, I hate emotional sentences like quotes or maxims when it comes to debates.

@Ryukishi
    MBTI doesn't tell you what you ARE, what you like, how you behave like, is describing your thinking pattern. And starting from there a lot of people of the same type find out with statistics that they have a lot of things in common. I believe that that's what type descriptions are basically saying.
    Well I don't really disagree, I just saw intj and damn that really me except for a few things, I'm a cold pricks and judgmental towards people, but I introvertly, because I don't want to hurt. Then I saw there were a artistic type, look, and few of my emotional part that wasn't in the INTJ was there, but most of the rest was not me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well I'm too much independent to be forced, I feel like that the lack of parent supervision in my youth made me chaotic and forced me to want to be more organized, I started being organized not long ago and feel so much better, it's like a late maturation have finally come. I never felt ass good in my life.

I only use emotion in my art and closest friends. I'm very very Fi. When it comes to debates, science and philosophy, I need facts, stats, real thing, I hate emotional sentences like quotes or maxims when it comes to debates.

Well I don't really disagree, I just saw intj and damn that really me except for a few things, I'm a cold pricks and judgmental towards people, but I introvertly, because I don't want to hurt. Then I saw there were a artistic type, look, and few of my emotional part that wasn't in the INTJ was there, but most of the rest was not me.
    Yes. Of course. Everyone needs a bit of structure. It doesn't mean that it comes naturally to us. I had the same problem. My parents weren't really much present as I grew up and they couldn't SJ me. My sister instead, since she was a baby she was extremely organized by nature. She doesn't need a parent to make her like that.

You could be an INTP, Ne likes to consider multiple options and doesn't conform with just a single possibility.
    Plus they are quite creative, they make really good artists as well.
    My INTP partner is extremely clean and organized, but he is a lazy chaotic person by nature. But he really enjoys order if he is the one that chooses it.
    Also, INTPs and INTJs can be extremely similar.

Personality traits: a summary by Yar'Chun
    Introverted - Independent bitch
    Extraverted - Weak
    Intuitive - Creative 4th dimension spacelord
    Sensing - Dumb
    Feeling - Such confused wow
    Thinking - Smart
    Judjing - Nel mio intimo c'è Chilly
    Perceiving - Oooh butterflies

Thanks, It's true they are very similar, but looking at the INTP profile I feel the same but kind of opposite as what I felt with ISFP profile. In the INTP I find the more intellectual aspect like INTJ but still lack the emotion part that I have. I have a friend that got INTP and I do not recognize him, it's a weird type. We are really different guys, but we both are really good buy to our surrounding which can make us look similar at first glance, but we are really different in structure at least what I know of him of what he shows to me. Maybe your right, this is just the inner structure, and maybe we are the only one to know what we are, what we hide, like the true structure inside, and what we show, the "veil". Thinking in term of structure I'm can say I'm very INTJ, but in term of what I show and like to show, my "veil" is a bit of everything.

Thinking in term of structure I'm can say I'm very INTJ, but in term of what I show and like to show, my "veil" is a bit of everything.
    I relate to this. The veil or mask, though, is generally not something INTJs do, is it? They stick out for being unconventional and know they do, if I understand correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Chainsaw View Post
    I relate to this. The veil or mask, though, is generally not something INTJs do, is it? They stick out for being unconventional and know they do, if I understand correctly.
    Well I can't lie, like INTJ, they don't act, they are true. I've created a emotional mask because I often been left alone because of my animal kind of state. By learning what was hurting I hided the arrogant part of me. Maybe my emotional aspect is calculated, but I don't like to hurt. Sometime it's the other way around, people come to me and remind me how I was rude, and all surprised, that's an aspect that I can't hide, looking rude on how I speak, but I'm not rude inside lol.