• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extraverted Feeler or Introverted Feeler - can anyone tell me the difference?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha. those lyrics are wack. where did you find that music???

isfj!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ITT: everyone unloading their repressed frustration towards their (alleged) ESFJ mothers/sisters/high school cheerleaders and getting off on the "moral superiority" of Fi via incredibly biased definitions. I'm summoning [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] to this thread so his 1w2 ass can have a field day. :alttongue: And I'm sure you can add more to help the OP as well.

Fe and Fi are both decision-making (rational) functions. Fe evaluates something's meaning based on messages it can communicate to the external world. Fi evaluates something's meaning based on the message the individual draws from it. Both value harmony and honesty. Both are compassionate and humanistic. Fe is often engaging and cordial, while Fi is often personal and sincere. Fe is more oriented towards communication while Fi is more oriented towards personal feeling. Both are pretty concerned with the importance of emotions, meanings, etc.

What Fe is NOT, and I can't stress this enough, is aligning yourself with popular opinion. And just to make this thread balanced and add an immature side to Fi, those whining babies who won't say "happy birthday" to their close friends/family because "society expects them too" and it doesn't "feel real" are typically Fi. :D

Anyway OP, you seem IxFJ to me. But only through vibes from these few posts I've read so take it with a grain of salt.

I love Fe folks. But their tendency of saying "you should" puts me off sometimes.

I think you can chalk this up to J types (especially EJs) being more solution-focused rather than Fe. :yes:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ITT: everyone unloading their repressed frustration towards their (alleged) ESFJ mothers/sisters/high school cheerleaders and getting off on the "moral superiority" of Fi via incredibly biased definitions. I'm summoning [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] to this thread so his 1w2 ass can have a field day. :alttongue: And I'm sure you can add more to help the OP as well.

Fe and Fi are both decision-making (rational) functions. Fe evaluates something's meaning based on messages it can communicate to the external world. Fi evaluates something's meaning based on the message the individual draws from it. Both value harmony and honesty. Both are compassionate and humanistic. Fe is often engaging and cordial, while Fi is often personal and sincere. Fe is more oriented towards communication while Fi is more oriented towards personal feeling. Both are pretty concerned with the importance of emotions, meanings, etc.

What Fe is NOT, and I can't stress this enough, is aligning yourself with popular opinion. And just to make this thread balanced and add an immature side to Fi, those whining babies who won't say "happy birthday" to their close friends/family because "society expects them too" and it doesn't "feel real" are typically Fi. :D

Anyway OP, you seem IxFJ to me. But only through vibes from these few posts I've read so take it with a grain of salt.

I think you can chalk this up to J types (especially EJs) being more solution-focused rather than Fe. :yes:

genau so !
Weise Frau !

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do you care? You just called me an idiot!

And I'm not a good enough homemaker to be an isfj~

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I agree, about the J factor- though generally the "you should"s will be aimed at the respective T/F criteria. And I think- in addition to feeling an urgency to reduce chaos in the external environment- it's largely just clumsiness and not realizing that Ti/Fi take it like a grenade.

(And I loved the rest of your post.)

á´…eparted

passages
Fe's destroy lives, they gossip, slander, libel, manipulate, ostracize... I don't blame you.

I'm sensing a wee bit of hate here.

I'm summoning @Hard to this thread so his 1w2 ass can have a field day. :alttongue: And I'm sure you can add more to help the OP as well.

Ha!

It really comes down to this:

Fe focuses on external order and meaning of the world and how others respond to things. It takes "satistics" of others to heart very heavily, often feeling that if many people think, believe, or act a certain way, there's likely a good reason for it. There is the incorrect assumption that this is simply taken at face value. It's merely a starting point.

Fi focuses on internal order and meaning. It sees the self as the best way to order information about others and the world and how it applies. Usually from the mindset that others don't have the ability or skill to view things as nuanced as the individual; others are more error prone, and the individual matters most. There is often the incorrect assumption that Fi is selfish and self-absorbed. It merely needs to act as an independent entity.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Fe's destroy lives, they gossip, slander, libel, manipulate, ostracize... I don't blame you.

There's nothing helpful about a post like this^ at all.

I have been reading your thoughts here and in other threads and find your interpretations and your typing based on outward-facing superficial qualities. Unless you are a very young INFP, your typings feel more ISTJ to me, so reading how you present your thoughts leads me to question your own type more than anything else.

Here is what I have found: the manifestation of the judging function is highly reliant on a pairing with the instinctual subtypes of the enneagram, as AGA pointed out above.

Alea_iacta_est

:Fe: - Internal Dynamics of Objects
:Fi: - Internal Statics of Fields

:Fe:'s attention state (when it is being utilized) involves tracking the emotional environment's movement and actively putting forth effort to change or influence it to the user's will. :Fe: types can always detect who is having fun at a party, for instance, and who isn't, and attempts to bring the latter into the emotional fray so that they can enjoy the experience with everyone else. :Fe: types possess relatively strong emotions that almost leak out of them into the environment, allowing them to infect others with their extreme passions and emotional state. They know exactly how to produce an emotional affect out of people and always seek out emotional reactions in those around them through any means, and they also know how people directly affect each other, whether or not people are complementary, for instance.

:Fi:'s attention state (when it is being utilized) is really the analysis of emotions themselves, along with the moral, ethical analysis of actions performed in the environment. Thus, :Fi: types tend to perceive reality in terms of right and wrong, of attractive and repulsive, and many other dichotomies. Everything that catches their attention is filtered according to these dichotomies; people are constantly filtered according to whether or not the user personally prefers them or dislikes them, and actions are constantly filtered according to whether or not they were right or wrong. They also are able to tell if other people attract each other or repulse each other, whether one person likes or dislikes the other person, able to read others' own personal sentiments.

:Fi: organizes everything into a web that clarifies each object or person's relation to other objects or people, always detailing how some people or objects relate to each other in the ethical, emotional sense.

:Fe: interacts with everything in the environment to produce an emotional reaction or a desired ethical result, always taking note as to how things or people affect each other emotionally.