• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extraverted Feeler or Introverted Feeler - can anyone tell me the difference?

KML

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ok, so I think I've decided that my primary function is Feeling. I am an Intuitive also, but I don't think that's my primary function, as I am surrounded by INFJ's and ENF(and T)P's so I know what they think and look like. However, I am very unsure about whether my Feeling function is extroverted or introverted. Perhaps also it would help if I could tell whether my Intuitive function is extroverted or introverted? Any helpers on this out there ... ?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you better at helping people understand their feelings? Or are you better at thinking about how you feel in context to the world? The first is Fe, the second Fi.

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Ok, so I think I've decided that my primary function is Feeling. I am an Intuitive also, but I don't think that's my primary function, as I am surrounded by INFJ's and ENF(and T)P's so I know what they think and look like. However, I am very unsure about whether my Feeling function is extroverted or introverted. Perhaps also it would help if I could tell whether my Intuitive function is extroverted or introverted? Any helpers on this out there ... ?

Extroverted feelers (who are dominant or secondary) will usually express their feelings directly. Introverted feelers will usually morph their feelings into another form: Ne for xxFP, Te for xxTJ.

Fe's will usually try to side with a majority principle or the standard "operating procedures" of their social circle or society at large. Fi usually couldn't care less about what the majority or group thinks and only cares what they feel about something.

Fe's to Fi's appear more superficial in their opinions and judgements. Fi's to Fe's appear too self obsessed, relativistic, and stubborn.

Here's Judge Judy showing her ESTJ's Fi and towards a very Fe girl (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R84Xw5CciGU) - the Fe girl believes in the principle that guys can't be intimidating to girls in all situations while Judy is more interested in the girl poking her nose where it doesn't belong.

Here's Obama showing his very Fe side and quoting Ghandi who is also Fe. Fe's will usually be more concerned with organizing the social order or trying to make everyone get along: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6uZFSj_ueM

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fe's will usually try to side with a majority principle or the standard "operating procedures" of their social circle or society at large. Fi usually couldn't care less about what the majority or group thinks and only cares what they feel about something.

I would love to see this theory abolished once and for all. I think it has been falsely promulgated amongst MBTI and JCF theorists, at the detriment of the truth of the nuances and facets of Fe dom and aux.

I think one of the leading qualifiers of how Fe comes out and is manifested is whether the user is SX, SP, or SO. SO might very well be inclined to do what the majority group believes, but not so with Fe SX. Fe SX is very concerned with the individual, and wanting the best thing for the individual, and then the people around the individual, and finally those people at large. Also, Ni is very out of the box type thinking, which does not jive at all with going along with the crowd.

I don't mean to be aggressive to you personally. I just would like to see this falsely perpetuated myth of Fe's intent laid to rest, at least on this forum. Fe's intent is very dependent on the person, the person's beliefs and history, and the person's enneagram instinctual stacking, imo.

Isn't Obama SO, for example?

Although I agree with your other points

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I would love to see this theory abolished once and for all. I think it has been falsely promulgated amongst MBTI and JCF theorists, at the detriment of the truth of the nuances and facets of Fe dom and aux.

I think one of the leading qualifiers of how Fe comes out and is manifested is whether the user is SX, SP, or SO. SO might very well be inclined to do what the majority group believes, but not so with Fe SX. Fe SX is very concerned with the individual, and wanting the best thing for the individual, and then the people around the individual, and finally those people at large. Also, Ni is very out of the box type thinking, which does not jive at all with going along with the crowd.

I don't mean to be aggressive to you personally. I just would like to see this falsely perpetuated myth of Fe's intent laid to rest, at least on this forum. Fe's intent is very dependent on the person, the person's beliefs and history, and the person's enneagram instinctual stacking, imo.

Isn't Obama SO, for example?

Although I agree with your other points

You're an INFJ - you're the freak of the Fe's ;-)

KML

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Extroverted feelers (who are dominant or secondary) will usually express their feelings directly. Introverted feelers will usually morph their feelings into another form: Ne for xxFP, Te for xxTJ.[/url]

Hey thanks blahblahbob! But I still don't get what this might actually look like. It's very hard to observe yourself, methinks. What would an INFP morphing their feelings into Ne look like? I am guessing it might be listening to music or reading a book or going somewhere that has the vibe on the outside that they are feeling on the inside ... right? That's what I'd do to let my feelings have some space probably. But I dont experience what's going on in my head as feelings, it's more like thoughts all squashed up. Also, could you explain to me exactly what 'values' means? For me, a better word for what I hold most dear would be 'beliefs' or even 'loyalties' ... is this what could be meant by 'values'?

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Hey thanks blahblahbob! But I still don't get what this might actually look like. It's very hard to observe yourself, methinks. What would an INFP morphing their feelings into Ne look like? I am guessing it might be listening to music or reading a book or going somewhere that has the vibe on the outside that they are feeling on the inside ... right? That's what I'd do to let my feelings have some space probably. But I dont experience what's going on in my head as feelings, it's more like thoughts all squashed up. Also, could you explain to me exactly what 'values' means? For me, a better word for what I hold most dear would be 'beliefs' or even 'loyalties' ... is this what could be meant by 'values'?

A lot of people regard Robert Fripp as an INTP - that makes him Ne secondary, Fe quaternary. Here is a very "Ne" song by him - the way he expresses his perception of the world involves a heavy connection of everything in the world to some other concept - in this case, interpreting the outside world through types of different animals:

Here's an ENTP song, once again very heavy Ne - once again we see the external world morphed in the Ne's perception - not because that's how he actually perceives it, but because the outside world is interpreted though the thinker's personal context - in this case - a very predatory, frightening, and dark place:

Ne's are generally much more comfortable with analogies and metaphors than Se's - they're things that come through heavily in Einstein's writings, for example. It's weakness is that it prejudges things without full information, it's strength is that it often enough judges correctly.

Se's tend to be very grounded, more literal and direct. Ne's tend to be more abstract, conceptual, metaphorical, and analogous.

KML

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Thanks for that! Any INFP songs you can think of? Or INFJ?

KML

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Also, Ni is very out of the box type thinking, which does not jive at all with going along with the crowd.

Hi Aphrodite :) Would you say that Ni is more out of the box than Ne? I am really confused about what I am as I am obviously not a sensor (very low scores in the cognitive processes tests and NOT a details or 'aware' person) but I don't feel like an intuitive either. This is why I figured I am a Feeler first and foremost, although I cannot figure out whether I'm an Fi or an Fe?? Hence the thread, duh :)

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks for that! Any INFP songs you can think of? Or INFJ?

INFP and INFJ are way different.

James Mercer is typed as ENFP, which is pretty close to INFP - the 2nd song is very INFP:

I'd be willing to bet Ben Gibbard is INFP - here's a very Fi/Si song:

I'd err on the side of INFJ for Harry Chapin:

Teri "Gender Bender" is also probably INFJ - note that like many Fe's - she gains her emotions from connection with others - in this case the nondescript "sister" she's singing to. Frequently INFJs talk about "mirroring" the emotional states of people around them - like Harry Chapin does in his ballads:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Did you ever ask your friends about what they think you typing them ?

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fi: "I know how what it feels it to be this way. I've been there myself. You're not alone / You're not the only one."

Fe: "Is that what you're feeling right now? I may not completely understand what you're going through / feeling but you should try / do this. It helps."

I love Fe folks. But their tendency of saying "you should" puts me off sometimes.

KML

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I didn't type them ... they did the tests themselves ... and it seems very clear for them, tho it's not for me. Even they can't figure what I am, it's frustrating but I'm getting there with the dom F thing I think .. it's just Fe or Fi?? I care about people, but in my head, not with my actions (unless they ask) ...

KML

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Are you better at helping people understand their feelings? Or are you better at thinking about how you feel in context to the world? The first is Fe, the second Fi.

Oh my God, I'm not sure I'm any good at either. I'm good at figuring out where the differences lie in what I believe and what others believe, and how that affects them, and how that affects everything, that sort of thing ... (it's really hard to see how you think, don't you think??!)

blahblahbob

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Fi: "I know how what it feels it to be this way. I've been there myself. You're not alone / You're not the only one."

Fe: "Is that what you're feeling right now? I may not completely understand what you're going through / feeling but you should try / do this. It helps."

I love Fe folks. But their tendency of saying "you should" puts me off sometimes.

Fe's destroy lives, they gossip, slander, libel, manipulate, ostracize... I don't blame you.

KML

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp

Hmm, yes I would find the 'you should' annoying, but wouldn't everyone, if its not been asked for? I would give someone my opinion if I was sure of it, and if they were asking. I def relate to people and how they are feeling etc, so maybe more Fi? Any other clues you know? I''m hard to pick as I'm in the middle of E and I, but surely I must come down on one side or another if the whole functional 'stack' thing is going to apply ... ENFJ has a totally different functional stack to INFP ...

KML

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Fe's destroy lives, they gossip, slander, libel, manipulate, ostracize... I don't blame you.

Oh that's a bit unfair surely!! SOME Fe's probably do these things, but not all. Many would consider these things to be sins, for example, which of course they are!! Also, there are many ways to destroy lives, I'm pretty sure every type has their way ...