First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by 00c View Post
    Do you have any idea how much one can learn and refine what they know in that amount of time? Most people on typology forums simply read the forum posts, they hardly delve into it and they quickly assume labels and they quickly give into stereotypes.
    You for example, 8,100 posts. That's insane, I'm also to assume that most of what you've "learned" has been through forum use rather than studying on your own such as articles or what have you like Kamishi.
    This is not the issue. The issue is the revolutionary paradigms of typology formulated by those with more ignorance on typological understanding than others. One may have many posts and refined their thoughts on typological understanding though this is far from guaranteeing that one is able to type an individual correctly or even understanding the system in an accurate form. For simple thought, typing accuracy is very ambiguously correlated with how much one has spent time on forums like these and should not be a factor of determining whether an individual is a good at intuitively deriving a proper type for an individual.
    Likes cm81, velveteen liked this post

Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    This is not the issue. The issue is the revolutionary paradigms of typology formulated by those with more ignorance on typological understanding than others. One may have many posts and refined their thoughts on typological understanding though this is far from guaranteeing that one is able to type an individual correctly or even understanding the system in an accurate form. For simple thought, typing accuracy is very ambiguously correlated with how much one has spent time on forums like these and should not be a factor of determining whether an individual is a good at intuitively deriving a proper type for an individual.
    You just agreed with what I said saying you did not agree.
    tumblr
    It's no fun to lose.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

You just agreed with what I said saying you did not agree.
    Not entirely an agreement nor a disagreement. A statement of things more the like. You are right.
    Though trust in articles and other multiple sources also falls to the same principles as they are derived by individuals in the same circles as those who dwell on typological website such as these. Of course, with the root of understanding of MBTI and its functions, one would do well to study the jungian terms as intended by jung as most of the data is essentially built upon his empirical pillars of experience. The source of functions of course derived from chapter 10 of the psychological types. To interpret these correctly is another challenge of course as the two main models (mbti and socionics) derived from these have altered and played with intended definitions not always towards a more accurate end.
    Likes cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kamishi View Post
    Yes, I was more active a year or so ago on this forum, but kind of lost interest in it. I understand if you want to take a stance due to it being a form of advertisement though again, this is not done out of primary monetary concerns but just offering feedback to the community in a way I think is overall more constructive than a dozen of type me threads that eventually don't lead anywhere and the person remains confused. Seen it happen a lot and I think listening to people, allow them to give their time and say on the matter, asking questions etc. will make people feel more secure and understanding of what type is being suggested to them.

Some of my questions are based more on a socionics definition as I think the functions are one and the same in both systems. I think socionics comes closer to actually describing more concrete behavior and manifestations of the functions in people, so I may use that as a way to hash out other options and alternatives.
    Re bolded - I think it's an awesome thing. We do have to maintain some consistency so will get back to you .

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

My credentials are essentially that I have studied typology and been active on typology discussion boards for about 3-4 years. I have read Jung, articles by Viktor Gulenko, books by Sandra Maitri and Claudio Naranjo etc. and I'd say I have vast insight and knowledge about typology as a system. I consider myself possessing high accuracy when it comes to matching people to their corresponding types.
    Great! As I said, experience can be just as good as certification. I have personally considered Enneagram teaching certification for some time but find it more than a little like jumping through purposeless hoops. I have studied independently for coming on 3 years, and have gained a very thorough understanding and ability to type as well-- so I do respect and understand the cowboy route if the product is legit.

As for tritype, I don't really consider it that relevant, motivationally speaking, nor do I think they hold much weight. It's a toss up for me with head types. I don't relate much to either of them but I think overall my behavior is probably closer to type 5 than it is 6, so that's the basis on which I type.
    I wouldn't write off the tritype component entirely. I have an 854 friend who shares more similarity with me as a person, than any 4 I've met-- I should say I've only met two other 4's though. Two people that have all three fixes in common are probably much more alike than two people who just share one (even if it is their core). Even two individuals of the same core type will have differing scores in regards to the other types-- one 6 scores high in 1, another in 9 for instance. Tritype is just a tool to describe those differences.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Great! As I said, experience can be just as good as certification. I have personally considered Enneagram teaching certification for some time but find it more than a little like jumping through purposeless hoops. I have studied independently for coming on 3 years, and have gained a very thorough understanding and ability to type as well-- so I do respect and understand the cowboy route if the product is legit.
    I frankly find the question odd to begin with, since I don't think asking for credentials in any way ultimately legitimates someone to be knowledgeable. You can have several certificates, attended workshops etc. and be as ignorant as the other guy. It doesn't say anything about how you assimilated the information; only that you've been exposed to it.

I wouldn't write off the tritype component entirely. I have an 854 friend who shares more similarity with me as a person, than any 4 I've met-- I should say I've only met two other 4's though. Two people that have all three fixes in common are probably much more alike than two people who just share one (even if it is their core). Even two individuals of the same core type will have differing scores in regards to the other types-- one 6 scores high in 1, another in 9 for instance. Tritype is just a tool to describe those differences.
    But then one could also argue that there are other reasons for that e.g. cognitive type.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Do you have any idea how much one can learn and refine what they know in that amount of time?
    I have a pretty good idea, yes.

Most people on typology forums simply read the forum posts, they hardly delve into it and they quickly assume labels and they quickly give into stereotypes. [...] I'm also to assume that most of what you've "learned" has been through forum use rather than studying on your own such as articles or what have you like Kamishi.
    Kamishi is hardly the only one on this forum who has read the standard works on typological subjects. In fact, it seems to me that surprisingly many people have. I, on the other hand, never thought typology merited serious study, so, apart from the occasional text here and there, I have wasted no time trying to become 'knowledgeable' in this field. To me, it is akin to astrology.

You for example, 8,100 posts. That's insane, [...]
    I write about twice the amount of posts you have written per day: 5.07. There are many days with fewer, and then there are days on which I take part in discussions.
    Likes velveteen liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Kamishi is hardly the only one on this forum who has read the standard works on typological subjects. In fact, it seems to me that surprisingly many people have. I, on the other hand, never thought typology merited serious study, so, apart from the occasional text here and there, I have wasted no time trying to become 'knowledgeable' in this field. To me, it is akin to astrology.
    Seems like an odd position to take seeing how you are on this forum, then. Also, neither have I, actually, apart from the random article I've stumbled across. The only legitimate chapter I've read from an actual book is Chapter 10 from Psychological Types. I have also read other articles by Jung but just a few. So asking for my credentials is therefore indeed, a rather pointless endeavor, since you don't even yourself put any real merit to the idea and the system. If you don't, why contest my ability to type? If one operates that it is no more than mere astrology, then one would also logically operate on a framework where the predictive nature is poor due to the subjective aspect that relates to good and accurate typing. It thus becomes a matter of who has the best opinion at which point we cannot validate anything. Ergo, type is pointless, as there is no way to verify the accuracy of the claims made. Asking for credentials for something which cannot be verified is therefore dubious, since those credentials then, mean nothing.

Seems like an odd position to take seeing how you are on this forum, then. [...] So asking for my credentials is therefore indeed, a rather pointless endeavor, since you don't even yourself put any real merit to the idea and the system. If you don't, why contest my ability to type? If one operates that it is no more than mere astrology, then one would also logically operate on a framework where the predictive nature is poor due to the subjective aspect that relates to good and accurate typing. It thus becomes a matter of who has the best opinion at which point we cannot validate anything. Ergo, type is pointless, as there is no way to verify the accuracy of the claims made. Asking for credentials for something which cannot be verified is therefore dubious, since those credentials then, mean nothing.
    I asked not because I am interested in whether or not you know the lore and can wield the vocabulary, but because I wondered what path you have taken to feel comfortable offering your knowledge as expertise.

Also, neither have I, actually, apart from the random article I've stumbled across. The only legitimate chapter I've read from an actual book is Chapter 10 from Psychological Types. I have also read other articles by Jung but just a few.
    People who would be willing to take your interpretation over their own might find that pertinent information.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I asked not because I am interested in whether or not you know the lore and can wield the vocabulary, but because I wondered what path you have taken to feel comfortable offering your knowledge as expertise.
    Then it is an even more oddly phrased question, since asking for credentials breeds animosity. I eel comfortable because I know that I know the system(s) and the theory well. That's about it.

People who would be willing to take your interpretation over their own might find that pertinent information.
    As I previously wrote, this eventually all boils down to interpretation, so I don't really see the validity in the argument.