User Tag List

Thread: >>>>> IP or IJ ??? <<<<<

Question >>>>> IP or IJ ??? <<<<<

Hi! I was wondering if you could help me figure out if I am an IXXP or an IXXJ.

I appear more serious outwardly than I an inside. I am usually more inside my head and contribute less substantial things in the outside world. I prefer to live unstructured but I am endlessly trying to commit to a single routine. I like to start my morning without a plan and I do as I feel that day.

Any guesses???

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

I would lean IP, but it's not clear without specific representative examples.

The initial comment about appearing more serious outwardly than internally.... that could go either way, especially because there are a lot of variables there... your upbringing, your life experiences, the context, all of that can determine how "serious one appears on the outside" and not just a matter of type. In some situations I can be extremely non-serious and goofy to the point of being annoying, and in others I can appear over-serious and straight-laced to the point of annoyance as well. (I see myself as earnest, not serious per se; but that's because I can see inside myself.)

The middle comment about being more inside your head, etc., is more just describing you as an introvert, not J/P.

With the last part, typically your IPs are easier-going externally since they extrovert with Perceiving function (Ne or Se), which is a means of data collection and more flexible in nature. This seems to gel with the latter half of your description well, where you are open to possibilities during the day to DETERMINE the "best" direction rather than IMPOSING direction from an internal source of your daily activities. This part of your description I think is the most relevant for J/P functioning.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

5w4 sx/sp
    LII Ni

"I absorb energy like a sponge everywhere I go. It allows me to see the world and my purpose in it." Zak Bagans, Ghost Adventures (INFJ)

Senior Member Array Alea_iacta_est's Avatar

For the introverted temperaments, Ip roughly correlates to IJ in MBTI JCF and Ij roughly correlates to IP in MBTI JCF.