User Tag List

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Default EVEN MORE CONFUSED THAN BEFORE! HELP!

Alright, so I narrowed my options down and either I'm an ENFP with very well developed reflexes, coordination, and focus, or an ENTJ. My family says that I act more ENFP but a past female friend told me I acted like Gale Hawthorne, who is an ENTJ. Plus I used the type guide on the forum and got ENTJ, yet when I take the test myself I get ENFP. If you could ask me some questions to help determine which one I am then that would be great!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

It doesn't matter.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    It doesn't matter.
    So either you're saying that it doesn't matter who I am, or that I'm both....
    Well quite frankly, I believe you. I am so confused by functions that I didn't believe in them for a while and dismissed them as just theories, labeling myself as an ENFP/ESTP hybrid, but the people on here that seem like the know what they're talking about said that that was impossible. But that's part of being a Ne user, believing in the impossible. I still don't want to make myself look like an idiot by comstantly saying that I'm an idealist that uses Se. All I know is that either I'm an ENFP that somehow developed the anilities that Se controls, that I'm an ENTJ with a well developed feeling side, or that I'm some kind of whacky ENFP/ESTP. Tell me, do cognitive fumctioms exist? Or are they just theories? Maybe once I understand functioms completely I'll be able to type myself.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DerekEvans01 View Post
    So either you're saying that it doesn't matter who I am, or that I'm both....
    No, I'm saying type isn't true..

Well, when you move on to Socionics, it groups based on Quadra and Temperament. If you have a Judgment Axis and a Perception Axis of a narrowed-down quadra then temperament doesn't matter quite as much. The trick is determine whether you're Ne/Si or Se/Ni and whether you're Te/Fi or Fe/Ti.

Off the bat you seem to identify with Fi/Te. Have you been told your enthusiasm shows when it shouldn't? Are you more relaxed in terms of friendships rather than taking them very seriously? Is the general idea more important than specific facts, because it all ties up in the end? Do you sometimes come off as too dramatic? If so, this could indicate Fe/Ti.

Or are you very serious and authenticity-valuing in friendships? Are rules important to you? Have you been told you take certain things as insults that weren't meant to seriously offend? Do you focus on protecting and shelling your emotional state? Consider Fi/Te.

Do you have trouble containing your energy? Do you have your own personal narrative of the world no one else sees? Are you sensitive to physical changes in your environment? Se/Ni.

Can you easily anticipate sequences of events? Is your body "a rock," preferring to stay in its place? Ne/Si.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Well, when you move on to Socionics, it groups based on Quadra and Temperament. If you have a Judgment Axis and a Perception Axis of a narrowed-down quadra then temperament doesn't matter quite as much. The trick is determine whether you're Ne/Si or Se/Ni and whether you're Te/Fi or Fe/Ti.

Off the bat you seem to identify with Fi/Te. Have you been told your enthusiasm shows when it shouldn't? Are you more relaxed in terms of friendships rather than taking them very seriously? Is the general idea more important than specific facts, because it all ties up in the end? Do you sometimes come off as too dramatic? If so, this could indicate Fe/Ti.

Or are you very serious and authenticity-valuing in friendships? Are rules important to you? Have you been told you take certain things as insults that weren't meant to seriously offend? Do you focus on protecting and shelling your emotional state? Consider Fi/Te.

Do you have trouble containing your energy? Do you have your own personal narrative of the world no one else sees? Are you sensitive to physical changes in your environment? Se/Ni.

Can you easily anticipate sequences of events? Is your body "a rock," preferring to stay in its place? Ne/Si.
    Well yes I'm definitely te/fi. And based on your description I'm most likely Se/Ni. So I could possibly be a SP or and NJ. Now what. Oh and btw @Evee sorry I misinterpreted that.

You're Gamma.

Your behavior will indicate your specific type within the quadra. If you're more of a hardline moralist, you're ESI ISFj (ISFP), if you're really expressive and enjoy improvising you're SEE ESFp. If you're calculated and logical you're ENTj or INTp, simple introversion vs. extroversion will distinguish those two.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by DerekEvans01 View Post
    Alright, so I narrowed my options down and either I'm an ENFP with very well developed reflexes, coordination, and focus, or an ENTJ. My family says that I act more ENFP but a past female friend told me I acted like Gale Hawthorne, who is an ENTJ. Plus I used the type guide on the forum and got ENTJ, yet when I take the test myself I get ENFP. If you could ask me some questions to help determine which one I am then that would be great!
    Are you confused about your type?

Yes.

ENFP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Socionics
    ILI

Beneficiary Mistype Probability:

Many IEEs often confuse themselves with LIE due to their love of and over-estimation of their own Mobilizing , since it is heavily valued but is ultimately weak in the psyche.

ENFPs mistype often as ENTJs essentially.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

So if an ENTJ/ENTP walks in, he/she is an ENFP? Good to know. This is the case where I have been wrong then. Whoops.

Not going to challenge this rule, because I've yet to know for certain an ENFP.