User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 30

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    35

    Default Everyone else fits this system ... why not me???!!! Please help!!!

    Hello type experts I love this system, and it has been so helpful for many of my friends, but I just don't fit. Its partly because I'm not clearly either an extrovert or an introvert, but the other elements are tricky to pick too. Not sure why, but would love some help?? The tests are just no good for me, I can't choose without an actual scenario, preferences are VERY hard to recognise in oneself (or at least, I struggle to find them in myself!) If you can help, please do ... THANKS!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    145

    Default

    My response to that is that you are doing one of two things. One, you are not providing enough information, or two, you are debating yourself into oblivion. Either way, the answer would be to answer several questionnaires, which are here:

    Questionnaire Compilation Thread

    Could be anything. First thing I would ask is to which it is, not enough information or debating yourself into oblivion. Or it could be that there is enough information, but it is challenging to sort it. <--- That would be very useful. I think.

    Or it could be that you have a clear definition of yourself, but that definition doesn't fit with any of the other definitions. I doubt this based on what you said. If this is true, I can probably type you right here and right now from experience and logic.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Passacaglia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Types aren't binary; each lettered pair is really a spectrum, and you could be near the center of each spectrum.

    Or you could just be indecisive because your S is demanding specific scenarios from which to make decisions in context.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    My response to that is that you are doing one of two things. One, you are not providing enough information, or two, you are debating yourself into oblivion. Either way, the answer would be to answer several questionnaires, which are here:

    Questionnaire Compilation Thread

    Could be anything. First thing I would ask is to which it is, not enough information or debating yourself into oblivion. Or it could be that there is enough information, but it is challenging to sort it. <--- That would be very useful. I think.

    Or it could be that you have a clear definition of yourself, but that definition doesn't fit with any of the other definitions. I doubt this based on what you said. If this is true, I can probably type you right here and right now from experience and logic.
    Great! Thanks. Umm, so I'd say of your two choices I am debating myself into oblivion. Please go for it, type me based on experience and logic.

    Here's my answers to one of the questionnairres (picked randomly and because it seemed short-ish):
    1. if you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be? - any talking animal would be great!
    2. What do you want to be when you grow up? (yes, written by a 26 year old ) - am too old to answer this
    3. If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be? - Fruit - kiwi, Vegetable, tomato
    4. What is your favorite beverage? beer if it's hot, tea if it's cold
    5. You're having a cookout... what do you make? Cookout? I don't like cooking really ...
    6. What's the most recent cool thing you've learned? That I have the same measurements as Marilyn Monroe
    7. What portrayal of the future do you like the best? One where technology is destroyed and we have to get back to nature, real skills, real relationships
    8. You're on death row... what's your last meal? A huge burger

    And because that was a rather strange list, here's another one (more carefully picked!)
    1. What is your MBTI type, Enneagram, Socionics, Temperament, etc.? How did you arrive at them--tests, introspection, "trying it on".. ? How confident are you that they fit--how well do they describe you, and what about them doesn't fit? What other types have you "tried on" or thought you were? - Umm, MBTI I really don't know - have tested estj, infj, infp, enfj, intp, istj ... prob all of them at one time. Enneagram I think I'm a Nine with a one wing, not 100 percent sure of that either. Tests, introspection, trying it on, have done all of these trying to figure it out. I have THOUGHT I was intp or infp or infj or perhaps istj. I seem a mix of all of these whilst also appearing to be an extrovert ... pretty sure I'm NOT entp, estp, entj, intj, isfj, isfp, istp
    2. Why are you here? Why do you study typology? (Maybe some inspiration from here...) - Just fascinated by the whole thing.
    3. What do you value? What do you value in your environment, in the world, in other people, in dialog? - I value people, truth, meaning and connection, fresh air, frankness and openness, no pressure or expectation, trust, a good discussion, getting to the nub of things.
    4. How do you present yourself to the world, at work, in conversation (perhaps in your choice of clothing or word choice)? - I present myself as friendly, not obtrusive but not colourless either. In conversation I encourage, I like to welcome people, to attract them, I guess, but I'm not flashy.
    5. What is your favorite color? Favorite suit of cards? What symbols and ideas are you drawn toward? Why do you think you're drawn to these? - I love colours in general, don't have a favourite, I like sprinklings of wildflower colours, pink and orange and cornflower blue and yellow. I use a lot of red in my home, cheers up the cream and wood ... Favourite suit of cards, Clubs, just like the shape. Symbols, not sure, not really a pictures person, more a words person. I like letters, names. Ideas, I like ideas for improvement, ideas on how to use what's around you to get a job done or to make something ugly into something beautiful, or to perfect a system for, say, education or commerce or government ...

    Just found this one and it seemed like a good one

    1. Which would come out on top in a battle... Zombies, Vampires, or Werewolves? And why? - Vampires, hands down. They have brains.
    2. What is your idea of the perfect day? - Waking up listening to waves, it's sunny and I'm in a cabin on the beach, on holiday or perhaps just moved in ... I have books to read, places to explore, its all new so my imagination can run wild, and who knows what I might come across. No time constraints ... bliss!
    3. What really is the correct way to pronounce potato and tomato? - putayto and tummarto, of course! (I'm british )
    4. If you could live anywhere, where would you live (doesn't have to be a real place)? Narnia
    5. What changes would you make if you were president/king/emperor/ruler of the world? I would try to return power to families, tribes and communities so they can rule themselves
    6. Using only words that start with the letter S, describe yourself. - Sensible, Silly, Smart, Sweet, Strong
    7. If you could be a member of the opposite sex for one day...what would you do? - Play rugby!
    8. What is your biggest pet peeve? - Can't think of a serious one, but people that drive either really slowly in front of me or really fast behind me are on the list somewhere ..
    9. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be? Any animal? Perhaps a monkey. Or an eagle.
    10. Are you a night owl or an early bird? - Both. I'm TERRIBLE in the afternoons.


    Phewf, that should be enough information, right?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    Types aren't binary; each lettered pair is really a spectrum, and you could be near the center of each spectrum.

    Or you could just be indecisive because your S is demanding specific scenarios from which to make decisions in context.
    Yes!!! It is a LOT easier to make decisions in context ... does that mean I'm likely to be an S iyo?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Just found this one and it seemed like a good one

    1. Which would come out on top in a battle... Zombies, Vampires, or Werewolves? And why? - Vampires, hands down. They have brains.
    2. What is your idea of the perfect day? - Waking up listening to waves, it's sunny and I'm in a cabin on the beach, on holiday or perhaps just moved in ... I have books to read, places to explore, its all new so my imagination can run wild, and who knows what I might come across. No time constraints ... bliss!
    3. What really is the correct way to pronounce potato and tomato? - putayto and tummarto, of course! (I'm british )
    4. If you could live anywhere, where would you live (doesn't have to be a real place)? Narnia
    5. What changes would you make if you were president/king/emperor/ruler of the world? I would try to return power to families, tribes and communities so they can rule themselves
    6. Using only words that start with the letter S, describe yourself. - Sensible, Silly, Smart, Sweet, Strong
    7. If you could be a member of the opposite sex for one day...what would you do? - Play rugby!
    8. What is your biggest pet peeve? - Can't think of a serious one, but people that drive either really slowly in front of me or really fast behind me are on the list somewhere ..
    9. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be? Any animal? Perhaps a monkey. Or an eagle.
    10. Are you a night owl or an early bird? - Both. I'm TERRIBLE in the afternoons.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Everyone else does not fit the system. Hence this subforum.
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

  8. #8
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KML View Post
    Great! Thanks. Umm, so I'd say of your two choices I am debating myself into oblivion. Please go for it, type me based on experience and logic.

    Here's my answers to one of the questionnairres (picked randomly and because it seemed short-ish):
    1. if you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be? - any talking animal would be great!
    2. What do you want to be when you grow up? (yes, written by a 26 year old ) - am too old to answer this
    3. If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be? - Fruit - kiwi, Vegetable, tomato
    4. What is your favorite beverage? beer if it's hot, tea if it's cold
    5. You're having a cookout... what do you make? Cookout? I don't like cooking really ...
    6. What's the most recent cool thing you've learned? That I have the same measurements as Marilyn Monroe
    7. What portrayal of the future do you like the best? One where technology is destroyed and we have to get back to nature, real skills, real relationships
    8. You're on death row... what's your last meal? A huge burger

    And because that was a rather strange list, here's another one (more carefully picked!)
    1. What is your MBTI type, Enneagram, Socionics, Temperament, etc.? How did you arrive at them--tests, introspection, "trying it on".. ? How confident are you that they fit--how well do they describe you, and what about them doesn't fit? What other types have you "tried on" or thought you were? - Umm, MBTI I really don't know - have tested estj, infj, infp, enfj, intp, istj ... prob all of them at one time. Enneagram I think I'm a Nine with a one wing, not 100 percent sure of that either. Tests, introspection, trying it on, have done all of these trying to figure it out. I have THOUGHT I was intp or infp or infj or perhaps istj. I seem a mix of all of these whilst also appearing to be an extrovert ... pretty sure I'm NOT entp, estp, entj, intj, isfj, isfp, istp
    2. Why are you here? Why do you study typology? (Maybe some inspiration from here...) - Just fascinated by the whole thing.
    3. What do you value? What do you value in your environment, in the world, in other people, in dialog? - I value people, truth, meaning and connection, fresh air, frankness and openness, no pressure or expectation, trust, a good discussion, getting to the nub of things.
    4. How do you present yourself to the world, at work, in conversation (perhaps in your choice of clothing or word choice)? - I present myself as friendly, not obtrusive but not colourless either. In conversation I encourage, I like to welcome people, to attract them, I guess, but I'm not flashy.
    5. What is your favorite color? Favorite suit of cards? What symbols and ideas are you drawn toward? Why do you think you're drawn to these? - I love colours in general, don't have a favourite, I like sprinklings of wildflower colours, pink and orange and cornflower blue and yellow. I use a lot of red in my home, cheers up the cream and wood ... Favourite suit of cards, Clubs, just like the shape. Symbols, not sure, not really a pictures person, more a words person. I like letters, names. Ideas, I like ideas for improvement, ideas on how to use what's around you to get a job done or to make something ugly into something beautiful, or to perfect a system for, say, education or commerce or government ...

    Just found this one and it seemed like a good one

    1. Which would come out on top in a battle... Zombies, Vampires, or Werewolves? And why? - Vampires, hands down. They have brains.
    2. What is your idea of the perfect day? - Waking up listening to waves, it's sunny and I'm in a cabin on the beach, on holiday or perhaps just moved in ... I have books to read, places to explore, its all new so my imagination can run wild, and who knows what I might come across. No time constraints ... bliss!
    3. What really is the correct way to pronounce potato and tomato? - putayto and tummarto, of course! (I'm british )
    4. If you could live anywhere, where would you live (doesn't have to be a real place)? Narnia
    5. What changes would you make if you were president/king/emperor/ruler of the world? I would try to return power to families, tribes and communities so they can rule themselves
    6. Using only words that start with the letter S, describe yourself. - Sensible, Silly, Smart, Sweet, Strong
    7. If you could be a member of the opposite sex for one day...what would you do? - Play rugby!
    8. What is your biggest pet peeve? - Can't think of a serious one, but people that drive either really slowly in front of me or really fast behind me are on the list somewhere ..
    9. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be? Any animal? Perhaps a monkey. Or an eagle.
    10. Are you a night owl or an early bird? - Both. I'm TERRIBLE in the afternoons.


    Phewf, that should be enough information, right?
    Vampires, pets, and being the opposite sex for a day? What troll gave you those questions to answer?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Vampires, pets, and being the opposite sex for a day? What troll gave you those questions to answer?
    Just doing as told Give me some better questions then!! I kind of agree ...

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Everyone else does not fit the system. Hence this subforum.
    Yes of course Nicodemus. Although perhaps that is because online no-one can tell, whereas in real life ... its kinda obvious. Trouble is, none of my not-online friends are able to type me either. Which is annoying. I can accept being between two types, but being all over the shop kind of makes a mockery of the whole thing, and I think there is more truth in it than that ..

Similar Threads

  1. type me! (please help!)
    By rumrunner in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2017, 07:08 PM
  2. my sister is a mystery to me, please help!
    By poppy58 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-09-2016, 01:01 PM
  3. Please tell me the Republican Strategist in this spot is not mainstream
    By ygolo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 06:38 PM
  4. "Does Everyone Else Know This?"
    By Eldanen in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 08:20 PM
  5. Not me this time : INTJ or INFJ
    By Thursday in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 03:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO