User Tag List

First 123 Last

To me you at last sound like a P. I am the worst typist ever though so who even knows?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes KML liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?

FINE THEN - here is some why's and why not's for each function:
    Fe - yes: friendly, complimentary
    no: caring about social rules
    Fi - yes: sensitive to emotion/friction etc, takes things personally
    - no: shy
    Te - yes: likes efficiency, lists etc.
    no: hates organising people, rubbish at supervision
    Ti - yes: likes definitions, enjoys thinking, figuring things out and debating
    no: not sure if I'm actually logical or just make things sound that way?
    Se - yes: like to see things actually acheived, enjoy being busy and getting things done
    no: don't notice things in my environment unless am purposefully focused directly on them
    Si - yes: love memories, enjoy history and long standing truth, feel settled and comforted by routines for everyday stuff
    no: don't have strong sense of smell, taste etc. Careless, messy, clumsy with details
    Ne - yes: grasp concepts and make connections quickly
    no: hate brainstorming
    Ni - yes: aha moments one of my fave things, insightful (when focused)
    no: tend to take things at face value, not able to /interested in predicting the future

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    To me you at last sound like a P. I am the worst typist ever though so who even knows?
    Thanks gromit I think I'm more relieved when I can be a P, but I try to be a J - perhaps because my parents were both J's so I value efficiency and feel bad when wasting time (when someone's watching!)

Any other insights for me?

I don't know about functions. Sorry kiddo.

Why do you want a type?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I don't know about functions. Sorry kiddo.

Why do you want a type?
    'kiddo' eh I want a type because I think the system has some real truth in it and I'd like to benefit from it. I'm the kind of person who fits around others a lot, and I'd quite like to know/remember my own preferences. Have been a mum for a long time, sort of forgot! Also, I am wondering what to do for a job, so thought it might help to know what I'm actually good at and might genuinely enjoy, rather than what I am just capable of and could make the most of.

Forgetting functions, here's the simple version:
    Extrovert - maybe, because I'm friendly, like to talk, warm and open
    Introvert - maybe, because I like to work alone, hate interruptions and the telephone, can have a marvelous time just wandering about by myself or reading
    Intuitive - maybe, because I tie things together well and think philosophically
    Sensing - maybe, because I like to get things done, and because I tend to take things at face value rather than reading into them
    Judging - maybe, because I like routines and get stressed when I'm late or wasting time
    Percieving - maybe, because I like to wander without time pressures and enjoy exploring in general

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

no... everybody does NOT fit... that's the joy of being human
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    no... everybody does NOT fit... that's the joy of being human
    Ok ok, but what's the point of this forum if it's not at least to TRY!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by KML View Post
    Ok ok, but what's the point of this forum if it's not at least to TRY!
    there's plenty of points that don't have to deal with sticking yourself in a box... enjoy watching the interactions, predict what's going to happen next... some of the members are pretty awesome

in my thoughts, if you don't have at least one x in your type you're not doing it right
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes KML liked this post

FINE THEN - here is some why's and why not's for each function:
    Fe - yes: friendly, complimentary
    no: caring about social rules
    Fi - yes: sensitive to emotion/friction etc, takes things personally
    - no: shy
    Te - yes: likes efficiency, lists etc.
    no: hates organising people, rubbish at supervision
    Ti - yes: likes definitions, enjoys thinking, figuring things out and debating
    no: not sure if I'm actually logical or just make things sound that way?
    Se - yes: like to see things actually acheived, enjoy being busy and getting things done
    no: don't notice things in my environment unless am purposefully focused directly on them
    Si - yes: love memories, enjoy history and long standing truth, feel settled and comforted by routines for everyday stuff
    no: don't have strong sense of smell, taste etc. Careless, messy, clumsy with details
    Ne - yes: grasp concepts and make connections quickly
    no: hate brainstorming
    Ni - yes: aha moments one of my fave things, insightful (when focused)
    no: tend to take things at face value, not able to /interested in predicting the future
    No offense but you seem to have a very black and white view of the functions. What you described above has little to do with what the functions are and more of the byproducts that they entail. It's better to think of functions holistically rather than isolated functions acting independently of one another. Furthermore, no one is going to fit perfectly into one type, rather it's a model of cognition that estimates how you perceive and judge the world. Start by analyzing pairs of J/P functions(Ni-Te,Fi-Se,Ti-Ne etc) rather than analyzing each function separately. Ask yourself, "How do I take in information and come to a conclusion based on the information that I gathered?" You have to be like a scientist: interested in what your cognition is doing at all times, taking notes on particular interactions that give you a picture on what functions you're using at such times. There's a lot of information on the internet on the functions themselves, study them, and keep on applying them to yourself until you come to a very close approximation of what type you are.

Just my thoughts. Good luck
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

'kiddo' eh I want a type because I think the system has some real truth in it and I'd like to benefit from it. I'm the kind of person who fits around others a lot, and I'd quite like to know/remember my own preferences. Have been a mum for a long time, sort of forgot! Also, I am wondering what to do for a job, so thought it might help to know what I'm actually good at and might genuinely enjoy, rather than what I am just capable of and could make the most of.
    Yeah don't worry it was meant tongue-in-cheek!

Anyway, for me, I like to just take the parts of the different types that I relate to, esp the parts about areas of growth, and apply situations where I'm struggling. So it doesn't matter if I'm just one type or not, because there is useful info in multiple profiles.

As for what you're good at/enjoy, do you really need a personality type to tell you that? I bet you could list off a dozen of things off the top of your head.

Otherwise... time for introspection