• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me every way you can

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI, enneagram, tritype, instinctual variants, socionics ... I want it all. Have at it, please? :wubbie:

I didn't answer all the questions in the questionnaire because I found some of them repetitive or pointless or boring but I did the best I could. If you need more information on anything particular, shoot a question at me and I'll try to answer it.

Thanks for reading. :)

1. What makes you angry?
I almost skipped over this because my answers are so generic but I figured I might as well because I think I have unresolved anger issues. I used to be a placid kid for the most part but with rare episodes of blinding, nauseating rage. I guess I'm still the same way. I fantasize about punching someone in the mouth at least once a week (usually for bad behavior on the train … seriously, people are total fucking jerks on public transit.) Anyway, the three things that tip me over the edge: when people treat me or my loved ones poorly or with any kind of disrespect; cruelty; unfairness; excessive, narrow-minded greed; sociopathic behavior.

Minor frustrations: whiny people who won't do anything to fix easily fixed problems. I get that everyone needs a little sympathy and motivation when they're feeling low but constant whining is extremely irritating.

2. What do you like most about people?
Fortitude and resilience, particularly in the face of misfortune. Insightful, interesting people who have lived life and have stories to tell. Clear sighted people with good hearts. I don't know, this is hard to say. For me, either there's a connection, a rapid "click" or there's just not and no amount of wishing and forcing will make it happen. I don't dislike most people and I wish them well and would like to think I'd intervene on their behalf if they were being treated unfairly but I don't care personally about the vast majority and find it very hard to pretend I do or find them interesting when I don't.

3 Do you like animals? Why?
Yes, very much, for the most part. I find pets fun and good company ... it's nice to hang out and cuddle with a dog or a cat. I love dogs especially. I also find intelligent herd animals like elephants fascinating and pair bonding birds like Sarus Cranes ... and whales and dolphins and sharks ... also snakes. And of course I like to look at pictures of bunnies in teacups and baby porcupines on the internet and I wanted to be a vet and then an ethologist when I was a kid but basically, I liked playing in our overgrown backyard and reading Gerald Durrell and James Herriot books but not actually studying science ...

4 What do you like/dislike most about yourself?
I wish I was better at managing my time and avoiding procrastination and that I didn't always leave things until the last possible minute. I also wish I had a better grip on my moods and passions and was less internally turbulent.

I very much fear that I am dull and bland and boring, that I have faded into the woodwork, that people will forget I exist, that I don't count, I have nothing new and different and exciting to offer, why would anyone want to be with me?

So when I find something or someone that truly captures my interests and welcomes me in return ... I get swayed too easily, over-involved with things and people I care about and any small misfortune or slight in those areas becomes a source of huge anxiety and pain ... I used to think I did an excellent job of hiding it but have come to realize that my mask isn't as opaque as I thought it was. :(

I really really really really really hate how insecure I am. Still.

I do like lots of things about me though, I am strong and determined and I have an immense ability to care and love, albeit for a limited few. I'm traditionally kinda book smart, which has opened doors for me in life, and I strike most people as intelligent and insightful without really knowing why ... the thing is, I feel bad and anxious about this because I feel like a fraud and that they will eventually see through me and it will all go to hell.

6 Do you care about being fashionable? Why/why not?
Yes, I kinda do ... I would love to look a supermodel but I am very far from that. I'm conventionally attractive in some ways but my body proportions have always been difficult to work with, even when I was thin ... and I'm far from thin right now now. I am really not happy with my body at the moment and I am working to fix it because I would like to feel fitter and stronger. Anyway, given my limitations, I don't necessarily get to wear all the clothes I'd like to wear but within the limitations I have, I try my best to pick colors and items that flatter me and go with my individual style. I care about style and fashion. I appreciate beauty and art and fashion has the potential to be both. Trends I can take or leave ... they usually don't flatter me anyway.

7 Do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
Neither. I just want to be me. As long as me isn't bland and boring. I definitely don't want to fade away into nothingness and will do my best to grab attention if I feel that happening. I like being seen. But too much attention/limelight, especially from strangers or people I don't know well, also makes me uncomfortable, particularly because I'm a.) kinda shy and b.) get drained around lots of people and prolonged scrutiny.

8 What activities do you enjoy?
Reading (especially fiction), new languages, graphic design, painting, listening to music obviously, tarot and astrology, cooking, internet, typology, spending time with my loved ones, beach, just being out in quiet, green places

9 What makes you feel secure?
Undiluted and mutual love, admiration, lust and worship of a soulmate. Genuinely being able to depend on a partner for physical and emotional support while being able to offer them the exact same thing. Having an idea or an activity to focus on so deeply that I go into a state of flow (could be anything, just has to grip me hard enough). Money, enough to enjoy life, not enough to ruffle other people's feathers. The awareness that I am competent and can do something well. Kindness.

10 Do you like being in a relationship? Why/why not?
Yes, but only if my needs for intimacy and excitement are being fed. This is as dependent on me as it is on my partner though. I prefer to be in a relationship ... or even single and at least a little bit interested in someone. I don't NEED anyone, I am self-sufficient and find myself good company but life becomes so much more colorful and enjoyable with love and romance in it and a person to share these things with. Everything looks and tastes and feels better.

11 What do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
I love many people and things and places but this particular question feels way too personal and bald for me to shout an answer into the void.

12 How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I was quiet, shy and withdrawn but basically sweet tempered as a child with occasional bursts of temper. I grew up to be a sullen, know-it-all teenager. I've really come into my own in my late 20s though, I feel happier and more confident in myself than I've been since I was very young. I'm more assertive, more social and more articulate, more openly competitive, less hesitant to shine than I was as a kid.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to be obnoxious and mention everyone on my friends list so I can get attention.

[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] [MENTION=19765]BlackDog[/MENTION] [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] [MENTION=21890]Codex[/MENTION] [MENTION=23180]corpseparty[/MENTION] [MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION] [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] [MENTION=23213]GarrotTheThief[/MENTION] [MENTION=71]JAVO[/MENTION] [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] [MENTION=17945]Nixie[/MENTION] [MENTION=6071]Oaky[/MENTION] [MENTION=20757]Opal[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Sultan of Beans[/MENTION] [MENTION=21883]sunyata[/MENTION]

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
You seem InfP to me, with lower case letters indicating weaker preference. Also, probably sx/sp. I think the sx/sp internal conflict can both lead to or seem like insecurity.

If it's the typical male bad behavior you're encountering on the train, I'd likely advocate for living out your punch fantasies.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem InfP to me, with lower case letters indicating weaker preference. Also, probably sx/sp. I think the sx/sp internal conflict can both lead to or seem like insecurity.

If it's the typical male bad behavior you're encountering on the train, I'd likely advocate for living out your punch fantasies.

Thanks, JAVO. I usually score unambiguously high on I and F, a little more P than J and pretty damn close to the middle on N/S. INFP is definitely on my list of top contenders.

Also, asshole behavior doesn't obey gender boundaries. Women are just as big jerks sometimes.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A

You're almost basically me.
I never thought I'd say these words before.
Praise be to Jesus...

I think you're an F type??? I don't know. But at this point, it is not a bad fit.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would say IxFP. You appear also to be in the anger triad in enneagram, possibly a 9w8, but I could be wrong, I don't know how much you actually express or acknowledge anger, 9s seem to repress it pretty deeply, and you said you fantasize about punching someone once a week. If you actually express it and are not more constantly placid or detached then I could be wrong, you could even be an anxious 6 (you talk about insecurity).

I want to lean towards ISFP for you because you said you like people with fortitude who don't give up and you like people who live full lives and have interesting stories to tell. I tend to find that valuation more with SP types.

But for now I would say IXFP.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'll list some key points I'm getting as I'm reading:

idk...I still can't say for sure yet. Right now I'm leaning towards INFP 9w1 sx/sp with a healthy connection to 3.

I considered some other possibilities too. ENFP, 4w3, and sx/so were also contenders. I thought of some other types too. I think you typed as INFP 4w5 sx/sp before right? Maybe [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] could help you since that's her type. But yeah I can't say for sure yet. I think I'll be more certain as I see you post more.

Also I think 7w6 is your head-fix no matter what type you are.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'll list some key points I'm getting as I'm reading:

idk...I still can't say for sure yet. Right now I'm leaning towards INFP 9w1 sx/sp with a healthy connection to 3.

I considered some other possibilities too. ENFP, 4w3, and sx/so were also contenders. I thought of some other types too. I think you typed as INFP 4w5 sx/sp before right? Maybe [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] could help you since that's her type. But yeah I can't say for sure yet. I think I'll be more certain as I see you post more.

Also I think 7w6 is your head-fix no matter what type you are.

How does a 1 wing account for fits of blind rage? I think these could be Te inferior traits (occasional Hitler outbursts) but blind rage dovetails more with the 9w8 sleeping bear, while the 9w1 has righteous anger.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How does a 1 wing account for fits of blind rage? I think these could be Te inferior traits (occasional Hitler outbursts) but blind rage dovetails more with the 9w8 sleeping bear, while the 9w1 has righteous anger.

I just got 9w1 vibes tbh and I went with that and since I thought INFP I also went with 9w1 because I wasn't sure on wing and 9w8 is less common. 9s are pretty internally pissed off at the world in general so yeah. :D I also see 9w8s as a little more stoic when it comes to overall expressiveness, while I see 9w1s as more cordial. But you could be right about 9w8 if that's what you're going with. I usually think of [MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION] when I think of 9w8 but now that you say it Arc could be an 8-influenced NFP like [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]. This part kinda reminded me of her a little hehe:

I fantasize about punching someone in the mouth at least once a week (usually for bad behavior on the train … seriously, people are total fucking jerks on public transit.)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
InFP, either 9 or 4. i could relate to a lot of it.

Raffaella

bon vivant
Arcana said this in another thread:

Speaking up for Sensing, I deal poorly with people who won't live in the moment or take time to smell the flowers and appreciate it because that stuff is really important to me. I used to get mad at my ENTJ ex for constantly fidgeting, being distant, tapping at his phone, cooking up unrelated plans at the exact same time when we were actually doing something fun like watching a street performance or out at the beach (granted, he was also a 7 who wanted it all, all the time and was constantly afraid of missing the boat ...) Anyway, there's so much beauty and color and excitement in the world and it really hurts me feelings when the people I love aren't present to that. I like good food (and cooking) and beautiful places and new experiences and it's very important to me to share that with a mate. And I'm getting to the age (god, I sound like a grandma) where impractical people who are incapable of taking care of themselves and lack basic life skills kinda make me roll my eyes.

Which indicates ISFP to me.

Is this exclusive to 9s? I'm asking because I feel this way as well ... and it is why I also mistyped as a 9 for a long time. I felt average. So average that I was practically invisible. And I saw that everyone around me was better at making their problems known than I was and got negative reactions whenever I tried to express my own. So I started trying to believe that it was because my problems didn't matter. Or that, at least, they were no different from anyone else's because the problems I do have arise from just being human.

It's only when someone pointed out that I use self-deprecation and effacement as a persona - a persona which is perhaps more crafted than I gave it credit for - that I started considering the fact that I was indeed a 4.

But for all that, I still do think my problems don't count for much with others and have a hard time truly expressing them unless I am very upset or angry.

I guess I'm wondering what makes the 9 brand of self-neglect tick.

And, this could indicate e9 (and inferior Te), I'm not so sure.

#creep

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

#creep

Yeah I agree with this, and relate, especially to the part about impractical people who can't take care of themselves. I used to think it was a class thing, like it used to make me want to tear my hair out.

However, we could also attribute annoyance with a highly distracted mate to varying things, like being an sx dom in enneagram (we experience intimacy by sharing this together, unified) to genuinely picking up on him not being as attentive to her as a caring partner probably should be. I know one of the reasons I like doing things alone is because I don't like when people with shitty attitudes or less interest in the. . Whatever thing...mess up my experience.

But yeah this makes a pretty solid case for ISFP, imo.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really good feedback, you guys. Thanks so much. :heart:

Lots to respond to here so this is probably going to be spread over several posts.

[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]

I actually did self-type as a 9 for a really really long time. I originally scored 4w5/5w4 on all my enneagram tests and decided to go with 5w4 because the emphasis on withdrawn intellect made sense to me or who I wanted to be. I was in my senior year of college at the time when I first took enneagram tests; most of my friends had graduated the year before; I had finally broken up with an on-again-off-again bf who had done a number on my heart; I had a bitch roommate from hell; and I was lonely and and frustrated and just really really over people, especially because I felt like I had no one of my own. I'd also decided to take on an over-ambitious research project the previous year (mostly because I got to travel to Europe for it all summer, essentially for free ... yay, grant money) but then I had to come back and actually write the thesis and it was really difficult and demanded all my time and attention. So I became very isolated and a library basement dwelling wraith of a person and it was all completely unnatural ... I can't say I regret it, I'm proud of the work I did and I even weirdly enjoyed it and won prizes for it but it took a toll on my health and I had the longest, bleakest spell of depression I've ever had in my life after it was over.

And depression blunted everything about me: my drive, my processing speed, my reactions, my emotions, everything ... so I definitely didn't have the sharpness of a 5 ... I'm not talking about intellect, I don't think 5s are inherently smarter than other enneatypes but they do have a more acute approach to these things and I didn't have that. I don't think I ever did, actually, even pre-depression, I was mistaking book smarts and interest in scholarly subjects for enneagram 5 without going deeper into the motivations ... anyway, with depression and my flattened affect and absolute paralyzing inertia, I typed as a 9 because it seemed the most accurate in reflecting my inner emptiness and unbeing.

After lots of therapy and meds, I met a guy and fell in love and tumbled into a relationship and it set me on the path to recovery. It is over now but whatever its faults and shortcomings, it helped me heal and become myself in a way I think only love can do. Three years later, I finally feel like myself again. It didn't come easy though ... there have been big upheavals in my life and career and as I worked through the relationship, I began to remember that I had always been this moody, temperamental, touchy person lurking underneath an eggshell veneer of placidity. My buttons are easily pushed and I get mad or hurt quickly, especially when people I love disappoint me ... I keep track of power in relationships pretty much automatically and fret about ceding too much, though when I'm really in love it's not something I can help ... I'm compelled to show the full extent of my feelings and I can't play the keep-him-guessing games for shit when my feelings are really involved.

I had come to think of myself as a 9 during depression but began to realize afresh that I'm not driven to avoid conflict ... I don't seek it out but it does energize me in small doses and I have a hard time backing away from fights once I'm emotionally invested. I thought I was an gut/anger type because I felt a lot of anger "deep down" but the main reason it was deep down was because I was depressed, not because I normally repress it My current anger issues probably stem largely from the failure of my relationship ... the stress from that has definitely been rubbing off onto other areas of my life. I turn emotional pain into anger a lot ... that's what used to happen when I was a kid, too.

I talked to someone who knows me quite well and has a good intuitive sense for who I am as a person as well as astoundingly penetrating ideas on typology and she thought I was a 4w5 or cp6w5, who for some reason was pursuing a persona of 9ness. And I think there's some merit to the idea that I'm a reactive type, though I don't think I'm all that reactive.

---

Bahahahaha. Why did I write so much? I bet no one wanted to read that text wall at all. Sorry, folks. Anyway, onward.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
-you either "click" with someone or you don't: yes

-focus on fairness: yes

-you fear having no discernible identity so you easily get attached to things: actually, no, this is not it, exactly. I have a hard time getting attached to things because little consumes my interest to the extent I can forget myself ... so when something does, I cling on to it for dear life.

-externally placid, but internally turbulent: yup

-you value your humanistic, caring, loving side: I do and I would like to cultivate it more but feel that not everyone is worthy of my love and care

-you're aware of when your presence to others is fading: yes

-likes attention but not too much: yes, I thrive on the right kind

-shy and moody as a child, became more assertive as an adult: I'm still shy and moody ... I wasn't really assertive as a child but I rarely had to be, to be honest. My teachers left me to my own devices, I had plenty of friends despite being quiet and weird, no one really picked on me and when they did, I chewed them out and they left me alone afterwards ... In my own way, I was even kinda popular in middle/high school, which I was always weirded out by ... I wasn't in any one clique but used to straddle several simultaneously because I was good friends with certain individuals.

I'm definitely more assertive as an adult though.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
However, we could also attribute annoyance with a highly distracted mate to varying things, like being an sx dom in enneagram (we experience intimacy by sharing this together, unified) to genuinely picking up on him not being as attentive to her as a caring partner probably should be. I know one of the reasons I like doing things alone is because I don't like when people with shitty attitudes or less interest in the. . Whatever thing...mess up my experience.

YES, this is me, exactly. Either put out or get out.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So it definitely sounds like I'm dissing 9s in my long ass post ... I really like a lot of real 9s and find them weirdly romantic and stylish and unselfconsciously insightful and awesome and envy their poise. It's a type I both idealize and revile as far as I myself am concerned ... I was thinking about this the other day ... and the 4's idea of holy origin, the lesson that they struggle to accept is that they too come from the same place of universal love and unity as everyone else ... whereas that's a temptation that 9s have to fight sinking into. The types are connected.

I feel like I was trying to force the holy origin thing on myself by calling myself a 9 and it really didn't help anything.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

#creep

From the OP I was thinking along the lines of ISFP, and in terms of which enneagram, 9w8 sp/sx.