First 12345 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"9 What makes you feel secure?
    Undiluted and mutual love, admiration, lust [EIGHT] and worship of a soulmate[NINE]. Genuinely being able to depend on a partner for physical and emotional support while being able to offer them the exact same thing[NINE]. Having an idea or an activity to focus on so deeply that I go into a state of flow (could be anything, just has to grip me hard enough)[NINE]. Money, enough to enjoy life, not enough to ruffle other people's feathers. The awareness that I am competent and can do something well[EIGHT]. Kindness."

9w8.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”
    Likes senza tema liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"I don't NEED anyone, I am self-sufficient and find myself good company but life becomes so much more colorful and enjoyable with love and romance in it and a person to share these things with. Everything looks and tastes and feels better."

sp/sx.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Really?
    "a.) kinda shy and b.) get drained around lots of people and prolonged scrutiny."
    I wasn't being serious.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

I don't think you're a nine.
    tiny purple fishes run laughing through your fingers
    and you want to take her with you, to the hard land of the winter

Socionics
    ILI

Your questionnaire distinctly emphasizes a Decisive Type ( and ) rather than a Judicious Type ( and ).

I noticed a general trend of - seeking in your answers, which could mean that is in your Super-Id, yet I am hesitant about that conclusion.

I would pay particular interest to, in the Beta and Gamma quadras:
    ESI, IEI, ILI, EIE.

You are probably not:
    LIE, LSI, SLE, ILE, LII, ESE, SEI, SLI, LSE, EII, IEE.

Do Note:
    ESI and IEI constitute a relation of social request (beneficiary-benefactor). Social Request is often infamous for causing mistypes, with benefactor types (ESI) believing they are their own beneficiary (IEI), so it might be wise to take a look at ESI as a strong possibility. You did, in your writing, come across as more Gamma than Beta. This is also why you should consider ILI, so focus on ESI, IEI, and ILI mainly, with just a nod of attention at EIE.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I've told you before that ISFP 4w5 sounds like you, but after reading this, INFP 9w8 is just as good. Not as much S with 9w8 or N with 4w5. The contrast between intuitive and grounded in each of those types is key. You sound like the other 4s who are sx doms here. Sx is clear. But in the realm of enneagram type specifically, I believe the final deciding factors between the most likely types just can't be communicated through a faceless medium - if you've introspected yourself into a hole about it, the feedback of someone who is close to you, face-to-face, could be the most valuable.

Definitely look at ESI in Socionics, and compare to intuitive types. That might give the extra detail you need to decide between N and S.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes senza tema, JAVO liked this post

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    From the OP I was thinking along the lines of ISFP, and in terms of which enneagram, 9w8 sp/sx.
    Hmm, I don't think e9 fits, regardless of wing:

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    -you fear having no discernible identity so you easily get attached to things: actually, no, this is not it, exactly. I have a hard time getting attached to things because little consumes my interest to the extent I can forget myself ... so when something does, I cling on to it for dear life.
    It's very easy for e9 to forget themselves in whatever they're doing/whomever they're spending time with. Hence the merging and acceptance of dreams, ideas, thoughts and feelings that aren't their own.

-externally placid, but internally turbulent: yup
    Average nines are internally and externally placid (just look around the forum) because they cope by avoiding activities, ideas or feelings that cause discomfort. Nines are emotionally stable; they can detach from negative experiences and therefore be unaffected. You also have anger that you're very conscious of, nines forget and deny their anger, they're unaware of their well of anger.
    Likes Video, senza tema liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    I've told you before that ISFP 4w5 sounds like you, but after reading this, INFP 9w8 is just as good. Not as much S with 9w8 or N with 4w5. The contrast between intuitive and grounded in each of those types is key. You sound like the other 4s who are sx doms here. Sx is clear. But in the realm of enneagram type specifically, I believe the final deciding factors between the most likely types just can't be communicated through a faceless medium - if you've introspected yourself into a hole about it, the feedback of someone who is close to you, face-to-face, could be the most valuable.

Definitely look at ESI in Socionics, and compare to intuitive types. That might give the extra detail you need to decide between N and S.
    Thanks, Nixie. I think this is a really good point. I'm not classically earthy and grounded enough to be an ISFP 9 by a long shot but nor am I distant and ethereal enough to be an INFP 4.

I would say I currently think ISFP 4 is a little more likely than INFP 9, but maybe I'm hyper-rejecting my previous self-typing at 9. That's kind of why I'm seeking feedback, actually. I have inklings and preferences right now but would like to make sure that other people see what I see and I'm not understanding this all wrong. I think it could be useful to get it right, particularly the enneagram stuff ... I went through a long period of thinking typology was useless but recently have started believing that there's value to it after all ... enneagram particularly has helped me understand some people's perplexing and infuriating behavior lately, haha.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    Hmm, I don't think e9 fits, regardless of wing:

It's very easy for e9 to forget themselves in whatever they're doing/whomever they're spending time with. Hence the merging and acceptance of dreams, ideas, thoughts and feelings that aren't their own.

Average nines are internally and externally placid (just look around the forum) because they cope by avoiding activities, ideas or feelings that cause discomfort. Nines are emotionally stable; they can detach from negative experiences and therefore be unaffected. You also have anger that you're very conscious of, nines forget and deny their anger, they're unaware of their well of anger.
    Then how do you account for the 9w8?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Enneagram type 9w8 description

The traits of the Nine and those of the Eight conflict with each other: Nines are passive and desire harmony with others, while Eights are aggressive, asserting themselves and following their self-interest. Since Nine is the basic personality type, people of this subtype tend to be fundamentally oriented to others, receptive, unself-conscious, agreeable, and so forth, while some part of them asserts itself strongly, at least at times. There is a "mellow," out-going quality about them. They are sociable, like to tell jokes and stories, and spend time with their friends. Nines with an Eight-wing are more sensual and instinctive than the Nines with a One-wing, and tend to operate more on feelings and hunches. They tend to embody more the easygoing demeanor associated with Nines , but also give the impression of being more "physical," more grounded. This is one of the most difficult subtypes to understand because their component types are in such diametrical opposition to each other.

In healthy persons of this subtype, the Eight-wing adds an element of inner strength and willpower, as well as an expansive, passionate quality to the overall style of the personality. Healthy Nines with an Eight-wing combine the comforting, positive qualities of the Nine with the endurance and strength of the Eight, resulting in a subtype at once powerful and gentle. Despite their unselfconsciousness, healthy people of this subtype are able to assert themselves effectively; despite their graciousness and concern for others, they can be quite strong and forceful; despite their ability to subordinate themselves to others and to common goals, they can be courageously independent; despite an easygoing manner, they can have formidable tempers, although these are rarely resorted to. Thus, healthy persons of this subtype give the impression of strength and good nature, sensuality, and power. The Nine with an Eight-wing wants to engage with people and things in the world more than the other subtype. They enjoy socializing, have a wonderfully dry sense of humor, and may have numerous skills, although they tend not to promote themselves. They are concerned with their immediate needs and circumstances ,and more accepting of people as they are. Nines with an Eight-wing often enjoy the helping professions, consulting, sales, and services, and can be very effective in business, especially in negotiations or working in human resource capacities.

Average people of this subtype compartmentalize their emotions completely. While their self-image is one of peacefulness, they may occasionally be quite aggressive without realizing the extent of it.

So you see, @Deceptive, talking about the type 9 alone is not good enough when describing real people and not just types. You need to look at the whole picture.