an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Women have been raised for generations to value their appearance, and often to value it more than their intelligence, strength, wisdom, kindness, or other qualities.
    This part.
    I personally were not raised this way and I see the same for many others.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    This part.
    I personally were not raised this way and I see the same for many others.
    Are you sure? How did your upbringing compare with that of boys in your family, neighborhood, or culture, on matters of appearance?

No matter, though. The generalization holds true, despite the many individuals who were raised otherwise.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Wut? You trying to confuse her/him?

I personally thought his descriptions were excellent, one of the best I've read. Maybe because it fits with my own ideas. It seems to really get to what the functions are at their most fundamental.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I personally thought his descriptions were excellent, one of the best I've read. Maybe because it fits with my own ideas. It seems to really get to what the functions are at their most fundamental.
    I don't think the Ni description was good at all. Confusing, convoluted not to mention wrong. The Si one wasn't as bad but still confusing.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Are you sure? How did your upbringing compare with that of boys in your family, neighborhood, or culture, on matters of appearance?

No matter, though. The generalization holds true, despite the many individuals who were raised otherwise.
    You're right, I myself have seen far too many young girls and women who are pretentious, self-serving, superficial and shallow. I have seen far too many men who go after these superficial but pretty looking women.

It's really all a part of the demand and supply curve. If there are more men who think "Okay, so your tits are big and you will look banging from behind, you giggle real cute and you know how to boost my ego with compliments. What ELSE that truly matter do you have?", there will be more women telling themselves, "shit, I gotta spend more time getting some brain and a decent piece of soul". Similarly, if there are more women that take to heart Shania Twain's "That don't impress me much", there will be less men who think being a dick with lots of money and a nice car will get him anything (mostly the female counterparts).

Recently I talked to a friend who admitted that he's been unconsciously trying to go on dates with these gorgeous, interesting but obnoxious ladies because somehow getting their attention makes him feel as if he wins something, as if he's validated, though he doesn't really care for them. Results? These girls know they're hot catches alright, and they hurt his starving ego by letting him down easy, though he's quite a lad. And you know what, he's bitter, saying "people are assholes". C'mon, it's the exact demographic you've sadly chosen to sink your teeth into. Sometimes it's just you who want to be abused.

What can I say other than that generalization is disheartening for every single wonderful woman or man out there whose goodness is ignored and discredited because of the ordinary assholes. When there are more shit than gold around you, go look hard for the gold that is left, not sitting with face in palms saying "generally there are only different kinds of shit regardless of the fact there are still gold out there". Sort of, not a very fancy analogy, but.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    You're right, I myself have seen far too many young girls and women who are pretentious, self-serving, superficial and shallow. I have seen far too many men who go after these superficial but pretty looking women.
    Exactly. It takes two to tango. This is why I place (almost) as much blame on women as men for the overemphasis on physical appearance as well as other forms of gender bias.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...