MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Wut? You trying to confuse her/him?
    The idea of individualism is the concept or principle of individualism. (See any philosophy of individualism.) But Ni and Si people are both sui generis in their own minds.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    The idea of individualism is the concept or principle of individualism. (See any philosophy of individualism.) But Ni and Si people are both sui generis in their own minds.
    Not to criticize but I just don't know what you're talking about there. My mind is simple.

I find sometimes that Ti doms get into details that seem obscure or incomprehensible to me. Maybe this is a common source of misunderstanding.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Not everybody will fit neatly into any single type so don't feel too much pressure to be one or the other. Also, honestly, pick a different type to be, like ESTP or something as IxFJs well, they're like the very last type I would pick for myself. I guess if you really have to choose, talk to some known IxFJ men, avoid the women, they're all insane and the males of those types tend to be far better balanced so as to render the female versions perception of said type unfit for the male versions consumption. The mixed INFJ dude on youtube eating while filming always seemed like a healthy INFJ dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    Not everybody will fit neatly into any single type so don't feel too much pressure to be one or the other. Also, honestly, pick a different type to be, like ESTP or something as IxFJs well, they're like the very last type I would pick for myself. I guess if you really have to choose, talk to some known IxFJ men, avoid the women, they're all insane and the males of those types tend to be far better balanced so as to render the female versions perception of said type unfit for the male versions consumption. The mixed INFJ dude on youtube eating while filming always seemed like a healthy INFJ dude.
    I have experienced the exact opposite.
    Likes Thalassa, thoughtlost liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I reread your post several times to make sure I had not misinterpreted what you said. I appreciate the advice, but choosing to be an ESTP wouldn't even make sense since I'm an introvert. In fact, I don't want to choose one myself because it's not who I really am, it could be who I want to be and I want the truth. Now, for the real reason I so quickly stopped watching the movie I was finishing to come and reply to you: I'm a woman. I'm 21 and I am definitely an IxFJ. I'm not even sure how to react to the incredibly ignorant sexist comment... So I'm just gonna shake my head and just drop the subject of what my type is. Oh man, it'd be amazing if you came back and said, "this was a test to see your reaction, and based on it, you're an IXFJ". But I've been looking for too long and, you know what? Who cares anyway. It wouldn't change a single thing if I was INFJ or ISFJ, I'd still be me and I'd still be pretty bored with life. In fact, researching taught me that these types have stereotypes and arguments over which ones are "better". You proved it right, people are ignorant and blind even over something so logical and supposedly 'unisex' or 'genderless'. But thanks anyway -- specially to the people who actually did help me get a clearer idea of what the difference between Ni and Si is.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonorix View Post
    I reread your post several times to make sure I had not misinterpreted what you said. I appreciate the advice, but choosing to be an ESTP wouldn't even make sense since I'm an introvert. In fact, I don't want to choose one myself because it's not who I really am, it could be who I want to be and I want the truth. Now, for the real reason I so quickly stopped watching the movie I was finishing to come and reply to you: I'm a woman. I'm 21 and I am definitely an IxFJ. I'm not even sure how to react to the incredibly ignorant sexist comment... So I'm just gonna shake my head and just drop the subject of what my type is. Oh man, it'd be amazing if you came back and said, "this was a test to see your reaction, and based on it, you're an IXFJ". But I've been looking for too long and, you know what? Who cares anyway. It wouldn't change a single thing if I was INFJ or ISFJ, I'd still be me and I'd still be pretty bored with life. In fact, researching taught me that these types have stereotypes and arguments over which ones are "better". You proved it right, people are ignorant and blind even over something so logical and supposedly 'unisex' or 'genderless'. But thanks anyway -- specially to the people who actually did help me get a clearer idea of what the difference between Ni and Si is.
    Well, since you mentioned it, this reminds me of a normal interaction with my ex-wife who was an ISFJ, we had non-stop issues with her not getting my foolish humor and taking everything so personally, arrrggg, seemed exhausting to me. The reality is that type doesn't matter, just be the best you that you can be. If you're a RN or a school teacher, many ISFJs lean in that direction, INFJs tend to have more existential angst and confusion relating to careers.

There is humor in much of this, we're in a forum for a system meant to stereotype but in a way we're accepting of yet if I say something "sexist" that's an issue?

Also, I didn't make a "sexist" comment, you may want to look up the meaning of that word before you attempt to use it again. I'm actually talking about the reenforcing aspect society plays on the different negative/positive aspects of MBTI types based on gender, it does the same thing to female IxFJs as it does to male ExTPs. I'm in no way discriminating against an entire gender nor am I saying either is superior though I do think that secondary Fe comes close to qualifying as a disability after seeing some of the conclusions it jumps to.

As a side note, really if you use the word "sexist" you're a sexist as it's a sexist word in that it relates to a mans attitude or thinking towards a woman, sexist!
    Likes chubber liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

*mouth truly fucking agape*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well, since you mentioned it, this reminds me of a normal interaction with my ex-wife who was an ISFJ, we had non-stop issues with her not getting my foolish humor and taking everything so personally, arrrggg, seemed exhausting to me. The reality is that type doesn't matter, just be the best you that you can be. If you're a RN or a school teacher, many ISFJs lean in that direction, INFJs tend to have more existential angst and confusion relating to careers.

There is humor in much of this, we're in a forum for a system meant to stereotype but in a way we're accepting of yet if I say something "sexist" that's an issue?

Also, I didn't make a "sexist" comment, you may want to look up the meaning of that word before you attempt to use it again. I'm actually talking about the reenforcing aspect society plays on the different negative/positive aspects of MBTI types based on gender, it does the same thing to female IxFJs as it does to male ExTPs. I'm in no way discriminating against an entire gender nor am I saying either is superior though I do think that secondary Fe comes close to qualifying as a disability after seeing some of the conclusions it jumps to.

As a side note, really if you use the word "sexist" you're a sexist as it's a sexist word in that it relates to a mans attitude or thinking towards a woman, sexist!
    Yes, what you said was in fact sexist, non sensical, and based on your own experience with your ex wife, presumably your functional opposite. You may have trouble with the opposite sex of your flipped function order, but to condemn all of the persons with vaginas with auxiliary Fe as having a disability is almost hysterical enough to revoke your NT card. It certainly wasn't objective, and how bizarre for you not to admit that it applies mainly to how you interact or respond to your anima.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonorix View Post
    It's common in personality theory for a person to notice that they personally have issues with a certain type or types, often based in opposing or reversed function order, especially in regards to opposite gender roles. Most people, though, realize that the entire point of learning MBTI is to realize the subjectivity of many of these perceptions, based upon our own preferences and projection of anima or animus.

There definitely are some behaviors that seem exaggerated in types of a particular gender (such as young male NTs, or FJ females)...a lot of that I think is a combination of social conditioning and it's effect on the inherent personality type, and how it rubs ones inferior or shadow functions.

BUT it's definitely not to the degree that any one type is "insane" or disabled, each type has strength and weaknesses, and each type is better prepared than others to bear different gifts and flaws in others with varying levels of understanding. Also, any type can be unhealthy, or rather go through unhealthy periods because of xyz.

What he may have meant is that IXFJ males, because of the cultural tuning of Fe, may seem more balanced in terms of gender role, as having dom or aux Fe seems "feminine" but the very nature of Fe itself prompts them as men to try to take on certain masculine characteristics, especially SFJs. It in no way means that all FJ females are insane any more than all IxTJ males are permanent emotional cripples with mail order brides.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Yes, what you said was in fact sexist
    You did take note that I applied the same thinking to ExTP males (of which I am) correct? So, if I'm applying how something impacts a gender and applying it equally to both genders, how is that sexist exactly? Have you looked at the meaning of the word? Would you be willing to quote what I said and a definition of "sexist" so that I can better understand what you're seeing that's sexist?

MBTI is functional for some things, for others it is not, for dating it isn't, for determining how smart a person is, again, it isn't helpful. It doesn't work for figuring out if you will feel a connection or chemistry, have good sex, lie, cheat, it doesn't work for determining if you'll be a good couple, do well in school, be a good driver. It's a good mirror to see areas that may be blind spots, it's useful to better understand how somebody else may see something, how their perspective may differ. I have learned there is little value in knowing I'm an ENTP, in fact, maybe more harm has come of it in the affirmation I once found for the areas I needed to grow. MBTI is great to learn, know, and read about the 15 types you are not.

Anyway, stereotypes will always be, I would type a 28 year old virgin, vegetarian with a cat as an INFP, tell me they ran the 100 meter in under 10 seconds and I would add that they're both a male and black, would that make me both sexist and racist? These are things that just apply more often than not so they're fair to deduce, they don't however always apply and there's a danger in thinking they will.