I posted this in another typology thread on another forum and I did get typed as an ENTJ by another and his explanation was clear, but I'm still a little unsure and would like to be sure.
I've typed as ENTP/ENTJ on every test out there, it's annoying, on the socionics test it's been ENTJ and ENTP, as well on the regular MBTI, on the Big5/SLOAN I type as SCUEI/SCOEI which is the same as ENTP/ENTJ when converted, when it comes to cognitive functions test, I type as ENTP, but percentages of the functions are so close to one another that it's practically borderline.
Alright, so recently I retyped as an ENTP from an ESTP, how I came to this was the fact that I overlooked the theoretical questions and asked my friend who knows me better than anyone whether I was an intuitive or a sensor and in retrospect, yeah, I'm always looking at what could be. What makes me question it is the "statistic" which I feel to be wholly and completely false, that ENTP are the least paid and least educated of all the types when they're extroverted people who can talk to others and are energized by this, they're creative and see what could be which is synonymous I feel with creativity and originality, they're not feelers, so you could say that I'm saying that an ISFP should be the one who's least paid and educated. No offense. I for one, though, know I'm set up for greatness, I feel it, I'm going to be great no matter the costs.
I can't seem to tell between an ENTP or an ENTJ, however, I feel like I possess qualities of both.
I'm charming as heck, I'm really persuasive, manipulative my mom even always called me in my early youth, I like debating, I don't necessarily like arguing in situations where there's really no gain from arguing, but I'm sure most can relate to that.
I'm rather popular in school, fist bumps and smiles around every corner of the hallway, I'm never alone and it's really easy for me to make others smile since I'm always smiling when I'm with them and I do tend to joke around since most of my friends aren't really much for actual intellectual conversation, they just rather joke around so I guess I'll do just that, but if an actual good conversation came up, I could talk for hours on end, but I'd get pretty bored of just joking around and being playful I'd say after a while.
Something that's said about NP is apparently that they aren't fashion conscious while NJ apparently are and I'm very into fashion, although I'm only in High School so I don't have that much money, but I do buy my (what some others would call expensive) pieces here and there and will definitely get more once I'm rich and stuff.
I've been reading so much into MBTI, enneagram and socionics that I'm just a little tired of trying to type myself and could use some help. I'm a 7w8 sx/so on the enneagram.
One characteristic I hear of ENTJ is that they tend to be leaders and I love playing DOTA and I can't help but try leading my team to win and when they make really really really really stupid decisions I get really aggravated and tell them off, although I really don't want to, but it's so frustrating when they don't listen!!! If they listened it would work so smoothly and usually when someone else tries calling the shots and I see them as bad decisions I just tell them to stop and take over.
I do have high standards for what I do and who I'm friends with, even for who I want to date, I usually brush off girls who I find boring like they're nothing, I only even ever try talking to them when they're attractive enough.
There's one thing though, there was this one girl who I fell really hard for, a month we were sort of together and then she couldn't rationalize me in her life I guess and it didn't work out and I was stuck a year thinking about her and only her and it was pretty tough and several times I tried getting back to her, to talk to me because she would never tell me why it couldn't work out between us even though she went on to other dudes like I was meaningless, but I know I wasn't because she'd try getting close too every now and then. Thinkers are said to generally leave relationships easily, right? Well, I'd consider myself a thinker but I couldn't just turn back from her as if it and she were nothing.
I'm very confrontational, I'm really confident in myself, I would say I'm smart.
In school I've gotten rather high grades when I wanted to, I ended Junior year with a 96 GPA, but the 2 years before that I got near 70's because I was the complete opposite of confrontational, confident, but I always felt like I was superior to the people around me, smarter, not in the grades sense, just logically I feel, like they were missing something I knew I had, but I never knew what that was and I guess you could say I held some contempt towards them and you may characterize that as an introvert type of behavior but I was always the liveliest of those I did really consider my closest friends. Now I'm confident enough to not care what anyone else says about me, I used to really care before and ask others what they thought of what someone else would say about me, but now I'm rather indifferent although yeah, I might care a little bit. Senior year I took 3 AP classes and finished the first semester with a 93 GPA, but then I sank into this stage of anxiety which turned into a hard depression and I missed the rest of the year. If it matters, during a hurricane I started reflecting on my life with the lights out and was really thinking that I should really stop screwing around because I couldn't expect my parents to be there for me when they condemned everything I did, so that explains the change in grades and no, they didn't give me remedial classes Junior year.
I'm really interested in people, I tend to speak paragraphs learning about them and then they bore me and I forget about them or they just ignore me and I don't feel any further need to talk to them.
ENTP are said to have many ideas and not follow through while ENTJ are said to have ideas too but follow through and I really don't know which is me, one thought we can play with if we put all the MMORPG's I've played, I wasn't ever really usually the highest level although I'd always try and wanted to be because I looked up to them and stuff, but it was just such a bore grinding all those hours so I'd just run around PvP'ing or merchanting or whatever else. I've tried exercising here and there, but forget it for a while, but I do jump back into it in time. When it comes to the girl, I was fixated on her and only her, there wasn't anyone else I talked to, so I can't really relate to the aspect of ENTP jumping around from person to person, but now I do do it, perhaps because of how she just forgot about me like that, maybe I'm trying to be just as cold to hold up some front, I don't know.
My mother usually called me cold, in fact, most people probably think of me as cold, I'm such a jerk to the guy who I consider my best friend that I don't know how he hasn't cut me off yet. My mom would also call me a psychopath, monster and other not-so-nice things. I am really nice to those I really do care about though and my mom just hasn't ever been able to make herself that :/
I care about my best friend and my grandparents more than anything because they've been understanding, but my mom has always been irrational and overly critical.
When it comes to writing my English teacher says I should become a writer or journalist instead of becoming an English teacher, since that's what I want to be and she says that because I'll never see my type of writing in High School and I would agree with her based on where I live, but it's different everywhere
Here's a questionnaire: (sorry for all of this)
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I was depressed for around 5 months last year, I'm a male, 18, I'm a little sad, but for no reason really.
2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
I like the picture of the sky more, I don't see how a picture of someone with bread and coffee deserves praise.
3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why? Funny, charismatic, witty, a little mean sometimes, don't try being mean to him if you don't want to get trampled over, but he's also really sweet, but he can also come across as really flirty. He's pretty popular.
4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why? Successful and happy spreading positivity and niceness because why would any other type of life be pursued? A mean negative person who brings everyone else down because they don't feel good about themselves, why? Because why would anyone ever want to be that type of person.
5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is? I'm 150% positive that people see me as how I describe myself.
6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
1. Charm (15 votes)
2. Elegance (15 votes)
3. Being the best (12 votes)
4. Wisdom (12 votes)
5. Adventure (11 votes)
6. Ingenuity (10 votes)
7. Imagination (10 votes)
8. Wittiness (10 votes)
9. Silliness (9 votes)
10. Making a difference (8 votes)
11. Fame (8 votes)
12. Knowledge (7 votes)
13. Happiness (6 votes)
14. Benevolence (5 votes)
15. Nerve (5 votes)
16. Persuasiveness (5 votes)
17. Humor (4 votes)
18. Leadership (1 votes)
7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
If I'm cool with whatever situation this is and feel it'll be cool for me I let it stay, if it isn't I walk away.
8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome. I get really aggravated and feel like punching something and I get visibly angry and push away others because I don't need help I feel and they're just going to be giving advice that goes over my head, this is only when I'm really stressed and these are really really rare situations.
9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome. I'm happy, smiling, laughing when with others and cracking jokes, I like people to be in company with, but not really deeply talking to for the most part and most can't even keep up I feel.
10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction? If we go by enneagram, sx/so loves one-on-one and I do, I try to make the best of them, but it doesn't always pan out how I wish and group interaction is fun and cool when we're all cool with one another, I like them.
11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole? I value positivity and hate negativity, I'm not religious at all and would always get mad at my mom for dragging me to church and now I reason that most of them don't even know half of the religions out there and were brainwashed into being what they are as conformity as all most of them know. I see people as individuals and yes, each one special, most are really lacking and boring though, they're missing that zest. We're all background characters in one anothers stories, lives, but some of us may as well be protagonists in somebody elses life since theirs is so simple and lame.
12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it? Its necessary, not to the extent some places bring it to, though. I challenge it when it messes with me, I accept consequences, but at times the established rules are so ignorant that I want to slap whoever made them and take their position to make the right ones.
13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life? I play DOTA a lot and most of the times chaos is all there is as they just play mindlessly like zombies and don't even pay attention to simple orders and following through and seem to ignore the fact that it's a team game, it isn't call of duty free for all, order is necessary in things like this, but I'd be a liar to say my room is neat and tidy. It's a little messy, but why keep it tidy when nobody but me is ever in this room? If a girl was to come, I'd clean it in a minute though, no, not really for a friend.
14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
I don't really have fears, if I deeply consider it, it's to be ignored and fade away as if I meant absolutely nothing by the people who mean the most to me and in general.
15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by? Happiness, riches, fame. I could do a lot with those 3, I'm already pretty charismatic and I'm really funny and I'm really creative and imagine the things I could spread around the world if I did get famous. Not really sure where it stems from, but I would say it's a need to be great & stuff and I don't want to be a lamer.
16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why? I like being with people, laughing, talking, joking, being alone is really draining. I feel like I get more from talking to people, for some reason, it makes me happier. Alone I do read a lot of random things, like MBTI, enneagram, yadda yadda, etc. etc. but it gets tiring.
17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well. Enneagram 7w8 sx/so, I want to know my type because surveys say ENTP makes the least and goes the least furthest in school, I know for a fact I'm going to be making more money than these drones in my high school, so I refuse to believe it. Not that I'm an ENTP, if I am an ENTP, that survey is screwed up. I've taken the Big 5/SLOAN, I scored SCUEI and SCOEI, these are ENTP and ENTJ when translated to MBTI and the determining factor is always near 50%.
18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
This year I got suspended like 8 total days out of school for standing up for myself against this clique of ugly girls, this horse faced girl and this 4'10" kid who thinks he's a big shot. I knew what I was getting into, but I felt the need to show them who's boss. I wrote 4 separate poems/raps which included I suppose aggressive imagery and they sent me to a hospital to get evaluated for this, but they understood where I was coming from and let me go. The horse face got on my nerves when she told me good luck finding someone to put up with me when I didn't agree with her on a subject, but I didn't do anything about that, we stopped talking, fine. Then I notice her looking at me in classrooms as if trying to grab my attention with her pool ball eyes self, god, it irritated me, so I took a picture of me sticking the middle finger behind her, her face wasn't in it, she saw it since I posted it, but she didn't even follow me on twitter and they suspended me 5 days for this which I felt was unjust considering it didn't have her face or name in it and couldn't even be proved to be me, but whatever (stupid? yeah, whatever, bye with your opinion). It really annoyed me so when I came back from that I saw her leaving school and caught up to her and shouted horse face, I'm not one to be mean, but you have no idea how much I dislike this girl now considering the fact that she plays herself up to be a saint, the hypocrite, they then gave me 3 extra days because of this, but it was practically a vacation, so whatever. One of her cronies came up to me while leaving the school all aggressive and stuff trying to instigate a fight, he came across as "philosophical" after trying to start the fight, I played him down with words, but the way he approached me was not a way to approach someone when you're trying to figure something out. I didn't run away or anything, he was the type to put his face 2 inches to someone elses to try and intimidate, but I wasn't really intimidated and his pupils were really tiny, so maybe he was the one who was scared, I don't know. The 4'10" kid got on my nerves when he proclaimed to be the biggest TWD fan out there, I then asked him if he played the games or read the comics then he responded with that he doesn't talk to people he doesn't know when he follows 300 random girls he doesn't know, I then called him a hypocrite and things you can tie to being a hypocrite, this upset him. I confronted him in school and he pretended to want to fight after people were pulling him away when I was telling, maybe even yelling at him to punch me, he didn't. He only got "aggressive" when people were holding him back, it was a really pathetic spectacle and then online he proceeds to say he beat me up and pushed me 6 foot when he pushed me maybe 2, it's really sad. Anyways, my boundaries are few, but I'm not a maniac! I'm actually really sweet and nice to the people I do care for, almost smothering even in niceness. Also, a few days ago, this girl in one of my classes came in late and a guy who I'm cool with (not a friend per se) was in "her" seat, not even her seat, she decided to start sitting there after noticing me and touching me for no reason. She's slightly attractive, not really my type though, anyways, she grabs his bookbag and throws it away and I comment hard enough to be heard by the class that that wasn't necessary and she responds with "Okay? Is it your business?" something along those lines, but then I ask her how she'd like if I grabbed her bookbag and I threw it and was about to, she then stopped me and then I called her a hypocrite and a child, she then pretended to want to slap me, I invited her to since it would only prove how ignorant she is, she then left the class since she didn't have the pair to and has to keep up fronts like many people, like 4'10" macho man over there.
read my twitter and stuff if you need more to determine:
Grow | WyzAnt Scholarships | WyzAnt Tutoring
If you get a certain vibe of the type I am by how I write, take into account that I'm not in the best mood right now and I'm a tad tired.
Okay, thanks! Sorry if this is really long.