• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP/ENTJ even though functions are completely different?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are you even determining the fact that I'm not an N on? I really dislike when people hardly give an elaborate explanation and just blurt out an answer with nothing to back it up. They say I'm an ESFP on PerC (the less reliable people, I'd say, no offense, but like Aloemoes with practically nothing to back it up and no detailed "analysis") and I met an ESFP and she pissed me off to no end, I don't relate to her at all. I also don't get how I could be typed as a feeler simply from my writing, that's ignorant, "by how you write, you seem like a feeler", no, I'm not. Maybe I just write eloquently and maybe I just decided to write moments where I was more emotionally bothered than when I was the one bothering or harassing someone and also, nothing I've decided to do in those moments would make me say 'feeler'. Also, mask? What the hell is that? I'm pretending to be someone else for people on an online forum? Yeah, okay. I may seem to be getting defensive, but it just seems silly to be compared to someone else and add to that, mask?

Finally, somebody to back me up on the point that writing does not reveal personality of the writer. :D

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Finally, somebody to back me up on the point that writing does not reveal personality of the writer. :D
Yeah, that's cool and all, but what am I?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, that's cool and all, but what am I?

[REQUOTE=Mal12345;2397990]Your OP comes across as more ENTJ than anything else.

Also consider 3w4 for enneagram.[/REQUOTE]

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A little, but what does that have to do with anything, Mr. 15k?

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[REQUOTE=Mal12345;2397990]Your OP comes across as more ENTJ than anything else.

Also consider 3w4 for enneagram.[/REQUOTE]

Okay, yeah, but I've been wondering if I'm truly an extrovert and not an introvert. I may be lively at school, but it isn't like I ever ask people to hang out and stuff, rather they invite me. I much prefer being at home and when I do go out, it's usually alone. I'm aware that the introvert/extrovert aren't wholly just to describe how sociable a person is, but still.
If we go by VI and my few previous posts, what do you say I am?
c.jpeg

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, yeah, but I've been wondering if I'm truly an extrovert and not an introvert. I may be lively at school, but it isn't like I ever ask people to hang out and stuff, rather they invite me. I much prefer being at home and when I do go out, it's usually alone. I'm aware that the introvert/extrovert aren't wholly just to describe how sociable a person is, but still.
If we go by VI and my few previous posts, what do you say I am?
View attachment 13043

It's been a while so I've been re-reading the OP. I'd like to clear up one statement you made. "Thinkers are said to generally leave relationships easily, right?" Actually, that would be true of the INTP type; or so they say.

I have no doubt about ENTJ 3w4.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's been a while so I've been re-reading the OP. I'd like to clear up one statement you made. "Thinkers are said to generally leave relationships easily, right?" Actually, that would be true of the INTP type; or so they say.

I have no doubt about ENTJ 3w4.

I actually type as 8w7 and secondly 7w8, mostly 8w7. I question now whether I am an ENTJ on the aspect of being an extrovert. Now I know that introvert/extrovert isn't wholly based on the fact if one's "out there", but it does factor in. I've been retaking MBTI and type more as INTJ when taken as I may have over-exaggerated the few times I go out as being wholly social. What is definitive of being an introvert or an extrovert?
Also, any idea why I don't come off as an 'N', like that other guy said?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually type as 8w7 and secondly 7w8, mostly 8w7. I question now whether I am an ENTJ on the aspect of being an extrovert. Now I know that introvert/extrovert isn't wholly based on the fact if one's "out there", but it does factor in. I've been retaking MBTI and type more as INTJ when taken as I may have over-exaggerated the few times I go out as being wholly social. What is definitive of being an introvert or an extrovert?
Also, any idea why I don't come off as an 'N', like that other guy said?

The introvert is mentally energized by interacting with the internal realm, the extrovert is mentally energized by interacting with the external realm. You seem socially indifferent for the most part, but I and E are not determined primarily by socializing.

Your OP shows qualities of leadership and a desire for wealth and/or fame (well, not fame on the values test), "and I'm very into fashion" is a statement that thoroughly distinguishes ENTP and ESTJ from ENTJ. ESTJ fashion is purely functional, ENTJ fashion is classy. That among other things convinces me of ENTJ. "I would say I'm smart" reminds me of the type 8 more than 3. But in Enneagram terms, you're definitely one of the Competency types which consist of the One, Three, and Five. If you tend to score 8w7 on tests then you're not showing it in the OP.

[Edit- after doing some sorting of the OP, I found this indicator of type 8w7: "This year I got suspended like 8 total days out of school for standing up for myself against this clique of ugly girls, this horse faced girl and this 4'10" kid who thinks he's a big shot. I knew what I was getting into, but I felt the need to show them who's boss. I wrote 4 separate poems/raps which included I suppose aggressive imagery."]

I can't account for the ideas of others except to say they are probably based on stereotypes about Sensors, as in this case.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know what your self-pic is trying to portray - that you're a mean person? - but I can't decide based on a picture of someone looking askance and trying to appear mean at the same time.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The introvert is mentally energized by interacting with the internal realm, the extrovert is mentally energized by interacting with the external realm. You seem socially indifferent for the most part, but I and E are not determined primarily by socializing.

Your OP shows qualities of leadership and a desire for wealth and/or fame (well, not fame on the values test), "and I'm very into fashion" is a statement that thoroughly distinguishes ENTP and ESTJ from ENTJ. ESTJ fashion is purely functional, ENTJ fashion is classy. That among other things convinces me of ENTJ. "I would say I'm smart" reminds me of the type 8 more than 3. But in Enneagram terms, you're definitely one of the Competency types which consist of the One, Three, and Five. If you tend to score 8w7 on tests then you're not showing it in the OP.

I can't account for the ideas of others except to say they are probably based on stereotypes about Sensors, as in this case.

Cool, cool, and fashion is something more attributed to Se, right? So it would apply to an INTJ as well? I'm at a loss whether I'm an introvert or extrovert. I'm mostly in my little cave of a room, however, mostly thinking to myself. I also read that ENTJ are more aggressive than INTJ due to the placement of Fi and Se and I can come off as really aggressive sometimes, but I can also come as really "sweet" when I want to although it's mostly a facade and a means to get what I want as it's not really how I am, but I know how to act it. What would an 8w7 come across as?
I'm definitely a rational, I know that much, but which rational is what boggles me I/E, J/P. Those that are P are more past oriented due to Si and I can't see myself being with Si as I don't look back to memories or compare the present at all with the past and I'm rather reckless and am more focused on the future than anything.
What are tell-tales of INTJ vs. ENTJ? I read INTJ aren't affectionate at all, but there has to be exceptions, right? I read that ENTJ typically don't look back at relationships, but I do, so I don't know.

I don't know what your self-pic is trying to portray - that you're a mean person? - but I can't decide based on a picture of someone looking askance and trying to appear mean at the same time.

Uh, no, that's just my face taking a picture and I was asking for VI if socionics is anything to go by. Am I supposed to fake a smile for my pictures? I do my eyebrows, maybe that's why I look mad.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool, cool, and fashion is something more attributed to Se, right? So it would apply to an INTJ as well? I'm at a loss whether I'm an introvert or extrovert. I'm mostly in my little cave of a room, however, mostly thinking to myself. I also read that ENTJ are more aggressive than INTJ due to the placement of Fi and Se and I can come off as really aggressive sometimes, but I can also come as really "sweet" when I want to although it's mostly a facade and a means to get what I want as it's not really how I am, but I know how to act it. What would an 8w7 come across as?
I'm definitely a rational, I know that much, but which rational is what boggles me I/E, J/P. Those that are P are more past oriented due to Si and I can't see myself being with Si as I don't look back to memories or compare the present at all with the past and I'm rather reckless and am more focused on the future than anything.
What are tell-tales of INTJ vs. ENTJ? I read INTJ aren't affectionate at all, but there has to be exceptions, right? I read that ENTJ typically don't look back at relationships, but I do, so I don't know.

From the post you quoted:
[Edit- after doing some sorting of the OP, I found this indicator of type 8w7: "This year I got suspended like 8 total days out of school for standing up for myself against this clique of ugly girls, this horse faced girl and this 4'10" kid who thinks he's a big shot. I knew what I was getting into, but I felt the need to show them who's boss. I wrote 4 separate poems/raps which included I suppose aggressive imagery."]

You seem more like an 8w7 the more of your stuff I read. And now I'm like, "How could I miss that?" The 4'10" kid has a Napoleon complex, he's probably a cp6w5 but definitely overcompensating for his short stature. "Cool, cool, and fashion is something more attributed to Se, right?" That's probably where the stereotyping comes from, but ENTJ is also stylin'. "So it would apply to an INTJ as well?" You're not an INTJ at any rate. Coming across as "sweet" as a facade reminds me of some type 8s. When it comes to JCF it's probably Se ("sweet" tasting, extroverted sensing), and as a tertiary it does make perfect sense for you insofar as the tertiary comes to the assistance of the dominant function as a different way of controlling the external (social) world. So ENTJ is still a good fit for you. The placement of Fi as inferior makes more sense in terms of your aggression which is a projection of how you've come to terms with the idea of (let's call them effeminate) feeling-values within you. Even though you didn't state that, this attitude toward Fi it is apparent with both ESTJ and ENTJ types (whereas with me, an INTP, Fe-inferior comes through in my unconscious desire to squash into oblivion a group's social-feeling in an attempt to make myself feel less uncomfortable with "feelings, nothing more than feeeeelings...").

"I can't see myself being with Si as I don't look back to memories or compare the present at all with the past," that's kind of Si related. Si is informed by past experience, but it is also just as capable (and this I envy about it) of forgetting the past completely, of just setting it aside and "compartmentalizing" it, especially if it involved something that makes them unhappy but they can't do anything about. If they can't solve it, then why worry about it? I can see one of their favorite sayings being, "Just forget it." So, as Si can be of two mindsets about the past, what's really important is that Ni is future oriented, not that it is not past oriented, and that it takes a broad-range view of the future. "I read INTJ aren't affectionate at all," I didn't read that, but they do believe in maintaining their independence. A Feeling partner would no doubt say they are lacking in affection. "I read that ENTJ typically don't look back at relationships," I don't know, I just know that they have definite expectations of their partners. But these generalities are somewhat modified by the age of the person under discussion, as people tend to moderate with age.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Uh, no, that's just my face taking a picture and I was asking for VI if socionics is anything to go by. Am I supposed to fake a smile for my pictures? I do my eyebrows, maybe that's why I look mad.

Sorry, I don't do socionics. As for the distinction between INTJ and ENTJ, this information is available all over the place. INTJ = "scientist", ENTJ = "executive" (Personalitypages.com). There is a huge difference between an INTJ and an ENTJ even based off those labels alone. In your OP you come across as far more of an executive type. The INTJ type anyway takes more of a "contractor" role in a business versus being the owner of the business itself.