• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help type my housemate - EXXP?

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
One of my housemates is kind of stumping me. Sometimes I think he's an ESTP, or ESFP, or ENFP, even considered ENFJ and some other types a few times. It doesn't help I often have trouble typing people because I'm unsure of myself and overthink things, it's difficult for me to narrow it down and definitively choose a type for someone. Can anyone help me out?

• On first impression he can appear rather gruff. However, he's really friendly and generally good-natured. Most people like him.
  • Cheerful, upbeat. Usually has a smile on his face.
  • Expressive and has a flair for the dramatic. Can be wildly energetic.
  • Despite being temperamental sometimes, he's mostly even-keeled. Not much rattles him, he's fairly laidback.
  • Relaxed, easygoing. Let's people do their own thing. He can be a good leader though, he's great at bringing people together and has a knack for persuasion.
  • Generous, enjoys helping people out. Caring and affectionate towards his many friends. A nice dude.
  • Takes good care of himself and takes pride in his appearance. Tries his best to look good. Exercises a lot.
  • Can be kind of out there at times. Has some weird ideas about certain things.
  • Talks casually, sometimes to the point of being rude. He can be a really good speaker when he wants to be, though.
  • He's pretty 'manly' and projects a masculine image. However, he can be emotional and as stated earlier doesn't really have a problem showing his feelings.
  • Though emotional, he isn't exactly sensitive - he doesn't get his feelings hurt easily or take things personally.
  • Honest and straightforward, but never mean about it.
  • Fun and playful. Can be immature even, definitely a big kid.
  • Passionate, wants to make the world a better place. Something of an activist.
  • Often brazen and cocky. Carries himself with confidence.

What do you guys think?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFP or ESFP, but probably ENFP.

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
Thanks for the responses! So he's probably one of the types I most thought he was. He seems fairly well-developed a person, which perhaps makes it harder to type him. Hm. I wish I could give more detailed info, but unfortunately I don't know him quite well enough. If any of you guys know ENFP, ESFP, or ENFJ men, could you describe them? I'm not close to anyone of those types, so I don't really have anyone to compare him to.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
I need more information before I am able to type him.

He sounds like he is either ESTP or ESFP or ENTP from what you have described so far.

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
I need more information before I am able to type him.

He sounds like he is either ESTP or ESFP or ENTP from what you have described so far.

I would like to give more info, but I don't know if I will be able to. Is there anything specific you'd like to know? Maybe I'll know the answer, depending on what the question is.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not quite enough info to make a firm decision, but I'll say ENFP.

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
I'm glad to have a bunch of replies, even if opinion is rather mixed. I'm trying to think of anything else to say about him, but I can't think of anything that will be really helpful. Honestly, I'm pretty ok with not being 100% on his type. Maybe he's just a borderline case.