User Tag List

First 345

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

I think e9 suits you better, you don't seem to have the nervous thoughts or anxious demeanour of sixes; you have the stillness, down-to-earth nature of nines.

To be honest, I think those similar minds tests are terrible, you're better off to go it alone in determining core type, tritype and instinctual variants. This is an excellent resource that I forgot about, it really helped me and I went through almost every IV before I got to so/sx. I think you should try it out and see how it goes. Personally, I wouldn't mix instinctual variants and enneagram, I'd work out my IV then compare it against my enneagram and instinctual variant description but most people find the IV descriptions too vague. Here's the so/sx and sx/so descriptions, anyway:

soc/sx
    Motivation: to create lasting connections with those they are interested in - the "best friend."
    This type has very strong one to one social skills, but is usually uncomfortable in group settings. They enjoy cultivating multiple relationships, and can be intensely involved when in the presence of someone they are interested in, but have difficulty sustaining these bonds when apart. This may give the impression of being flighty and rootless, willing to adapt and mirror others in order to connect, but lacking a defined approach that would give their relationships a more solid standing. They may have political interests, but are generally more pragmatic and less partisan than the other social variant. They are often attuned to pop culture and the latest trends.
    Expression: bright smiley, intense expression
    Energy: outward energy expressed intensely, broadly
    Behavior: bright, smiley, erratic and scattered
    Mindset: "If I can get close to people with merging/intensity, I can make sure of and keep improving my position and inclusion in the group/world."
    Blind spot: Likely to neglect their desire to seek intense connections and experiences for the sake of their primary concern of building their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and security of place with others, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the body's need for food or sleep, or of the need to accumulate wealth for reasons of security, or of the need to manage time or resources to establish an orderly lifestyle.
    sx/so
    Motivation: to impact others, question assumptions, challenge convention.
    This is the type that exudes the most raw charisma and sexual energy. They may identify so strongly with whatever they're involved with that they often become the symbol of its core essence, and sometimes its lead agent for change. Hardly content with the status quo, this sub-variant seeks to alter the fundamental structure of something while at once embodying it's purest or most extreme form. Possibly attracted to radical views on politics, philosophy, spirituality or creativity that reflect their penchant for testing boundaries. They enjoy pushing other's buttons, especially those resistant to their modes of expression. It's not uncommon for them to have a pet social, political or spiritual cause which they're able to support with heartfelt conviction. May exploit and seek to redefine sexuality to reflect their own colorful and uncertain understanding of it. While prone to exhibitionism, they are strongly attracted to grounding influences which can anchor them and provide stability. Failure to satisfy an especially intense desire for connection may cause this sub-variant to spite others at the risk of jeopardizing the need for an equal, stabilizing force. Can feel pulled between wanting a life of maximum intensity and reassuring episodes of peaceful convention.
    Expression: intense, outer-focused
    Energy: intense energy expressed outwards, assertively
    Behavior: intense, assertive, sultry and aggressive
    Mindset: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."
    Blind spot: Likely to neglect their desire to build their sense of personal value, accomplishment, and security of place with others for the sake of their primary concern of seeking intense connections and experiences, in average-healthy levels. May not have an awareness of the body's need for food or sleep, or of the need to accumulate wealth for reasons of security, or of the need to manage time or resources to establish an orderly lifestyle.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    I think e9 suits you better, you don't seem to have the nervous thoughts or anxious demeanour of sixes; you have the stillness, down-to-earth nature of nines.

To be honest, I think those similar minds tests are terrible, you're better off to go it alone in determining core type, tritype and instinctual variants. This is an excellent resource that I forgot about, it really helped me and I went through almost every IV before I got to so/sx. I think you should try it out and see how it goes. Personally, I wouldn't mix instinctual variants and enneagram, I'd work out my IV then compare it against my enneagram and instinctual variant description but most people find the IV descriptions too vague. Here's the so/sx and sx/so descriptions, anyway:
    Thank you.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.
    Likes Raffaella liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Starcrash
    Perhaps there is a link to more of those writings for those of us who didn't buy the book?
    Yeah, but it's really long....

[Enneagram Type 6] Cowardice, Paranoid Character and Accusation - Naranjo

I don't think it's that I don't trust myself to make decisions--it's just that I don't want to be bothered with thinking about it.
    I see

@Corsiva

I'm honestly failing to recall any mention of "stoners" or the like in his e9. Self-forgetting, gluttony, comfort seeking, and even laziness, sure. I must have missed it.
    lol, of course they aren't all stoners, but many of them probably are. That was a just a joke.

SimilarMinds offers an instinctual variant test (Enneagram Variant Test), so start with that. If you don't get a clear result, well, we've got some information on Enneagram here that you can go through.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Starcrash

Sexual ||||||||||||||| 50%
    Social ||||||||||||||| 50%
    Self Preservation ||||||||||||||| 46%
    I don't know if it's the best idea to type based on how typically social, sexual, or self-preservation you are. For instance, let's take the social 4, they seem social last. Also, the self-preservation 4 seems self-pres last at first glance. Many variants of different types can look like another variant.