User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Another thing about me:

I will avoid decision making and leave it to others (most of the time), but when I do make up my mind on a course of action, I can be very forceful and persuasive in getting others to agree, not backing down easily.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    That website's description of a 9 sounded more like a self-preservation 6 to me.
    Yes...that's more or less quite literally the point (should anyone be so insistent on having one). I pointed the like out in my original post.

I do wonder what definition of "sp 6" you're working off of as judging by that portrayal of a "typical sp 9"...well, to be accurate it would make me wonder, but based off that I've a feeling I already know the answer.
    怌In that which is night to all things, therein the self-subjugated remains awake; but where all else is awake, that is night for the knower of the self. 怍
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I think 9w8 sp/sx sounds good from what I've seen. And the 973 tritype sounds like you too. From my experience, people with heart fixes that are hard to determine most often end up being 3-fixed. I think it's because 3s don't like to discuss their vulnerabilities and would rather emphasize their strengths, while 2s and 4s wear their heart on their sleeve more.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes asynartetic, EJCC liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I think 9w8 sp/sx sounds good from what I've seen. And the 973 tritype sounds like you too. From my experience, people with heart fixes that are hard to determine most often end up being 3-fixed. I think it's because 3s don't like to discuss their vulnerabilities and would rather emphasize their strengths, while 2s and 4s wear their heart on their sleeve more.
    Yes. I never really could identify with 4s and 2s, even when I briefly mistyped as 4w5.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Hadn't noticed this, but you're totally right. I think that's why I'm a 3 fix as well.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Hadn't noticed this, but you're totally right. I think that's why I'm a 3 fix as well.
    Would you say there is a strong correlation between 3 and ESTJ?

I've seen a lot of that in my father--the confidant ESTJ who will talk your head off about his strong qualities and achievements but quickly change the subject or even become defensive if someone points out any weaknesses or faults.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he were a 3w4....4 wing because he definitely has an artsy, independent side somewhat contradictory to popular, often false notions of ESTJs as unoriginal conformists...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    Would you say there is a strong correlation between 3 and ESTJ?

I've seen a lot of that in my father--the confidant ESTJ who will talk your head off about his strong qualities and achievements but quickly change the subject or even become defensive if someone points out any weaknesses or faults.
    I think a lot of ESTJs can be core 3s or 3-fixed. But I think a lot of ESTJs (especially women) can be 2-fixed as well. One of my best friends is an ESTJ 8w7 and she's most likely 827 and has a very strong connection to 2. A lot of women at least in western culture are socialized as children into learning the importance of being loved so I wouldn't be surprised how much it would stick with an ESxJ.

IMO 3 you can expect most often in IxTx tritypes (like you could most often expect 2 in an ExFx tritype). I could see a few 4 fixes (especially in INTs) or the rare 2 (probably more in ISTs), but I think for the most part the whole suppression of feeling and desire for competency fits nicely with IxTx types. I used to know an INTJ 6w5 sx/so who was 4-fixed and he was probably one of the most emotionally unstable people I've ever met, but otherwise any IxTx types I know tend to see 2 and 4 concerns as arbitrary while they firmly believe that appearing impressive can be very important to get by in life. My ISTJ 5w6 dad is 3-fixed and I can get that lecture from him sometimes too.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

I think a lot of ESTJs can be core 3s or 3-fixed. But I think a lot of ESTJs (especially women) can be 2-fixed as well. One of my best friends is an ESTJ 8w7 and she's most likely 827 and has a very strong connection to 2. A lot of women at least in western culture are socialized as children into learning the importance of being loved so I wouldn't be surprised how much it would stick with an ESxJ.

IMO 3 you can expect most often in IxTx tritypes (like you could most often expect 2 in an ExFx tritype). I could see a few 4 fixes (especially in INTs) or the rare 2 (probably more in ISTs), but I think for the most part the whole suppression of feeling and desire for competency fits nicely with IxTx types. I used to know an INTJ 6w5 sx/so who was 4-fixed and he was probably one of the most emotionally unstable people I've ever met, but otherwise any IxTx types I know tend to see 2 and 4 concerns as arbitrary while they firmly believe that appearing impressive can be very important to get by in life. My ISTJ 5w6 dad is 3-fixed and I can get that lecture from him sometimes too.
    Yes, especially bolded part. Call me shallow or whatever term you want to use, but I don't like talking about feely shit and I especially don't like it if I am perceived as incompetent or overly dependent on others' help

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Starcrash

Outwardly, most people who know me see a somewhat lackadaisical, laid back dude who tends to go with the flow more often than not. I never said I was afraid, I just tend to be a lot more aware of my surrounding environment than people realize. For instance, I can be in conversation with someone and appear detached, yet repeat everything back to the other person. This happens a lot with my wife--she'll yell at me for not listening, but then I'll repeat what she just said. "Oh...well you didn't look like you were paying attention"

I'm not saying you're wrong and I do appreciate your analysis, btw.

Another thing--if and when I act warm and diplomatic toward people, its not defensively. That's always been my natural way of interacting with people, although there is a slightly cold, calculated side to me that also shows often--I am a walking contradiction in that regard.

I also wouldn't say aggression comes naturally to me. I can be forceful and persuasive when I need to, but usually aggression, whether physical or verbal, is not my primary approach to people and the world around me. Take charge? Yes, as I said earlier, I can and will, but usually only when no one else has stepped up to lead. I'd still much rather say in the background doing my own thing.

I don't think 6 is my core, but I wouldn't rule it out completely.
    Then I misunderstood you then.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    Another thing about me:

I will avoid decision making and leave it to others (most of the time), but when I do make up my mind on a course of action, I can be very forceful and persuasive in getting others to agree, not backing down easily.
    Another classic 6 move. Sp 6's don't trust themselves to make important decisions many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsiva View Post
    Yes...that's more or less quite literally the point (should anyone be so insistent on having one). I pointed the like out in my original post.

I do wonder what definition of "sp 6" you're working off of as judging by that portrayal of a "typical sp 9"...well, to be accurate it would make me wonder, but based off that I've a feeling I already know the answer.
    I'm working off of Naranjo's definition of type 6, who is one of the most respected enneagram authors out there.