• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I ENTP or ENTJ? (This is pissing me off not knowing which one I am)

Faux Pas

A little about me to maybe help you understand me a little bit more... I'm in sales. I believe in planning a system ahead of time for sales and breaking it down to a science that can work every time (not improvising). I don't do the whole be your friend gimmicky sales approach, I have a more “cut-the-shit let's get down to business” sales approach where I show you logically the value of my service. I use logic to convince people instead of emotions - so I adopt more of a consulting sales persona when negotiating deals. Although I also use and understand social niceties and how to develop rapport with individuals. When I traveled the world I improvised a lot and hardly planned at all. I can get bored easily and know a little about a lot of stuff except for things that I value more like sales or business which I go more in depth about. I find myself better at starting things than following through, but can still execute things if the particular situation is worth while. I'm not patient at all, especially when it comes to somebody being stubborn against logic. I get bored easily with things and need new challenges that benefit me in some way. I like philosophical conversations because they intellectually stimulate me but I'd rather have pragamtic conversations that allow me to apply immediately so I can improve a certain skillset.

All my close friends are ENTJs (I tested them all) and I get along with them the best most because there is no drama and we can all say what we want without being pussies about it. I procrastinate a lot with things that I feel aren't worth my time and naturally very messy and disorganized (but somehow know where everything is). I typically am not action oriented at all unless it revolves around something worth wild for me like going after girls or making sales commission or looking good. I find it annoying when people ramble and can't articulate themselves. I have no problem with others using my stuff or treating my house like their home. I don't go out at night as much anymore because I've found a better and quicker way to get laid without spending drinks on girls or wasting time in a bar/club environment. I’m not as superficial or high maintenance and typically go with whichever girl is easiest (hottest girl I can get while still being the quickest for me to get) or whatever restaurant is closest. Although I like being with many girls I consider it weak and petty if a guy has to lie to a woman to sleep with her and lead her on thinking he wants a relationship with her just so he can get sex. A real man doesn't have to lie to get laid because he has so much value that naturally the woman will want to and know the deal. If I do go out it will be to just hang out with friends and dance which isn't as much anymore. I gain energy from talking to people although I don't really go out in big social gatherings. I'm very one track minded. Whatever my goal is...I want to spend all of my time and energy on it.

I can be indecisive at times when I have too many choices (where to eat or what countries I want to travel to) but at the same time I am very decisive when it comes to things that are meaningful (what company I want to work for, chose a car in one day without research and bought it, know exactly what I want in a girl and can size her up as to whether it's worth my time to pursue her for the benefit at the end). I am very good at seeing in between the lines and witty banter. Sometimes I'll talk shit to my friends to motivate them or because I want to see how they react. I don't talk shit for malicious purposes but rather to bond (liking poking fun). When I am bored I like to debate individuals who try to intellectually bully others so I can put them in their place. I don’t like to debate nearly as much anymore though because I’ve realized that people do it just for ego validation and the chances of actually convincing them of a new world view is slim. It’s a waste of time. I like the underdogs and don’t like authority if they aren’t rational as well as open minded. I find most people to be glib and one dimensional (not having substance) which is probably contradictory because as you probably can tell I pretty much only care about being successful and having sex. I’m probably a hedonist, but I’m not sure. I like to have meaningful deep intellectual conversations instead of superficial small talk about sports and what not. I don't watch sports except soccer. I don't play video games but enjoy strategic games versus tactical ones. I enjoy the bigger picture more and operate within this realm better.

I use to get really excited about business ideas until I realized how hard it is to execute them. Now, I think things through more before getting involved in business ventures by analyzing logistics, cost-benefit, barrier-to-entry, time, and profitability. I like talking to people and am generally interested in them. I find I ask really good questions about people’s hobbies because I want to learn more about it so I can implement it into my lifestyle. For example, I typically talk to people about their hobbies and want them to teach it to me. That’s how I learned guitar, learned how to cook, sale, get girls, dress better, and learned about business. In this way, I think I can be a self-improvement junkie and am humble because I think people can teach you a lot about how to do things and I ask them to teach me or point me in the right direction. I can be impulsive when it comes to buying things or making quick decisions fast, but I am getting better as I get older and don’t nearly buy as much shit as I use to. I don’t watch TV hardly or movies unless I feel like I can get something out of it. If I do I watch business related movies or documentaries or whatever that may help me improve myself because I am always looking for a competitive edge to be better at making money or getting women or just being more fucking awesome at life. This sounds bad but I want to be better than everybody else and thus I am extremely competitive. I can handle people being better than me and if they are I want to ask them for advice so that I can improve my skills in whatever it is. I believe in going after what you want in life and making things happen instead of being passive.

I care about being good looking and dress well but appropriate for the occasion (not over dressing). I guess you could say that I dress stylish (classic but subtle look.. maybe like james bond dresses in the more recent films when he isn't wearing a tux) and not trendy (fashionable that is more attention grabbing like rappers or rock stars). I care about having nice things as a way of showing off my status/value (to basically show I am better than you and also to say fuck you to the world) but am not foolishly materialistic where I will waste money just because of that fact. I like to make a good impression I guess is what I am saying and I feel how you look is directly correlated with your status/value. I view it as a scoreboard just like how much money I make. I care about being the best at my job and that will be reflected in my income which will serve as a scoreboard compared to other people.
I know this is long but I'd rather disclose more information about myself instead of being too vague so you guys can get a better read.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTJ is my guess

Faux Pas

The only thing is that I feel compared to my ENTJ friends I am more messier and disorganized although they sometimes can messy as well. I am always late and don't care about being on time unless it's important. For example, I showed up three hours late to a thanksgiving dinner just because I wanted to sleep in. I am more aggressive than them I feel while also being more charismatic. I use analogies a lot like an ENTP would to explain things. I write alot of my thoughts down because I can't remember them and have to make lists because I'll forget what I need to buy or what I need to do.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only thing is that I feel compared to my ENTJ friends I am more messier and disorganized although they sometimes can messy as well. I am always late and don't care about being on time unless it's important. For example, I showed up three hours late to a thanksgiving dinner just because I wanted to sleep in. I am more aggressive than them I feel while also being more charismatic. I use analogies a lot like an ENTP would to explain things. I write alot of my thoughts down because I can't remember them and have to make lists because I'll forget what I need to buy or what I need to do.

I don't think any of that rules out Ni in favor of Ne. You seem a lot more Te > Ti to me as well.

Do you know much about functions?

Faux Pas

I know a little about functions... what makes you think I am Te versus Ti based off the information I've given you?

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Uh, I wouldn't look for the difference between Te and Ti. That is hard. Look for the difference between Te and Fe. Fi and Ti are harder, but still, same rule applies.

The difference between an introverted function and an extroverted function is you get ideas through introversion, and filter them out to others through extroversion. As such, my Ne and Te functions are what you would see. I mostly favor introverted Feelings though, and "feel before I act".

Here is an example of Te: If you think you are one, and you have a good reason why you are one, then logically, you likely are one.

Ne + Te: Why do certain people think they are inherently rational even though they are not? For what is a persons goal but a made up social concept created by the products of natural selection?

I feel like a mean person using Te sometimes with regards with other people: "YOU SHOULD BE BETTER BY BEING BETTER!"