• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Infp or Isfp?

bg67

MBTI Type
IxFP
Hi. Help me figure out my type please. Tests always show me as INFP, but I can relate to the ISFP description.
- I have no interest in literature
- not interested in humanitarian causes
- I play guitar. I don't place particular importance on a song's meaning or lyrics. I listen to music A LOT.
- I think I have an eye for design. I often try to visualize how stuffs would look in different color/design.
- I spend my time reading what's there to know about guitars, all to the fine details. I have the same passion for cars, understanding how it works, all the nuts and bolts.

But on the N side,
- I enjoy deep philosophical talks with my INFJ and INTP friends, about humanity, destiny, science, history, etc. (I'm very interested in pop-science but not into actual physics/chemistry).
- I think I relate to Si description, I'm quite nostalgic, and have a consistent habit. I also don't pay much attention on how I look.
- I'm a bit vague about Ne. I surely can see from other person's perspective, but so does everyone to some extent, don't they?
- My daydreams can be quite abstract/random, nothing to do with real life.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My impression is ISFP e9.

Linked are some descriptions from my favorite site, which always helps me clarify differences... in this case Se and ISFP versus Ne and INFP.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP if it is between those two

bg67

MBTI Type
IxFP
Thanks. I also think I'm an ISFP. That might explain why I didn't perform well in school, although I have slightly above average IQ (>120). I kinda wish I'm an N though, simply because it's rare, and I always feel I'm different from other people.
Pardon my english if it sounds a bit weird, I'm not a native speaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I also think I'm an ISFP. That might explain why I didn't perform well in school, although I have slightly above average IQ (>120). I kinda wish I'm an N though, simply because it's rare, and I always feel I'm different from other people.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you want to be an N? Embrace your strengths, not your weaknesses.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think school and Type have a lot in common. Yes, maybe an INTJ could be better than an ISFP but it doesn't mean that any ISFP could have really good grades. I'm an INFP, I had good grades just because I went to an art school and everybody loved me and tried to help me on maths and normal boring subjects.

You could be an ISFP, you sound like an ISFP, by descriptions, but they kind of suck sometimes, It is more complex I think.
I also like details on things I am interested into.
I don't think you have to like literature to be an INFP. I like reading and books but I'm too lazy and I rarely read more than a book per year.
Humanitarian causes? meh, yeah, no, to some degree? I can't tell. I do care but isn't one of my prior interests.

Anyway. It's cool to be an N and is hard too sometimes. I unconsciously wished to be an S plenty of times when I was younger, now I don't anymore. But I don't think you are different or special if you are an N, you can be those things anyway, I'm sure you're a pretty cool person, beyond the fact you could be an ISFP or INFP.

Starry

- - - Updated - - -

Not doing well in school absolutely does not point towards S over N...not by a long shot. If you truly relate to ISFP over INFP then great but... I'll just say that for me... nothing has been presented in this thread that would cause me personally to lean one way or the other between the two :)

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah. I'm an N type, it is quite obvious to those around me, I think. If I was a sensing type, I'd be the least sensing type ever, and the one who likes critical reading the most. School isn't doing to hot for me either. :S

It is a shame, I'm a rather intelligent person who'd do well in a university setting. At least I hope.

Now my grades don't suck that bad, but a few Ds will discourage colleges. Especially with scholarship money.

A good way to see if you are an N or an S is to find out what you draw. Do you draw things that you see on tv? Or do you draw abstract artwork? My brother, who I believe is ISFP LOVES drawing. He draws anime characters mostly. I enjoy drawing, but what I draw is abstract doodles or something I never saw. Like a knight. I know what many of those look like, so I can draw one. It would be generic, and have no depth, but still.

Now my brother is obsessed with a certain blue hedgehog. So is this other person I know. As such, I've classified them as the same. Logically, since my brother is ISFP, he would be ISFP too. Or they have the same enneagram. Don't know for certain, but good enough for me.

Another thing is that ISFPs don't have the spaced out type intuition. If you are asking why, you are using Ne. Now this isn't a conversational ploy, but quite literally asking why and thinking intensely on it, probably at least for an hour minimum on the really important stuff. They instead have the hyper analyzing type, Ni. You study something and make deductions based off of that. I compare it to Sherlock Holmes type stuff. They also have Se. Se is wanting to find new experiences? I wouldn't know, I don't use it.

Last edited: