• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My friend is having some trouble figuring out her MBTI type.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
She filled out a questionnaire she found on PerC. But didn't feel like subscribing to any of the typology forums. I'd like to have your opinion as well.
I attached some of her Art works and notebook pages in case they could be of any help.
Thank you so much for your help and patience, she'll appreciate it a lot.

(I was afraid she would come up with extremely long responses, but it isn't as bad. She did good :p)

Despite what she said, the first time I met her she seemed to be an INTJ to me. She was pretty much perfect and super smart, and kind of cold actually. Just after a while I found out that she is literally a gummy bear.

[Pics Time]

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Testand post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, I saw a lot of Fi, and some Si and Ne. And the K2C test did show Fi as the predominant judging function, with a lack of Se. So I would say INFP. For enneagram I would say type 9. She seems like a lovely person.

INFP stuff:

" I'm trying to change myself in order to be as true as possible, and sometimes it's like I'm on the ship with Captain Jack, swinging from side to side, trying to pull it upside down, to reach another dimension." - true to self (Fi) then a metaphor (N)

"I constantly think of other people though I'm always by myself. I want to help others smile. I'm shy and sometimes I need space."
Introvert and Feeler

" I'd like to have the courage to stand up for myself, to get angry at people and shout when I feel disrespected. I would like to put my feeling above others' and not feel guilty, to say what's on my mind without panicking and being afraid to hurt myself and other people."
- sounds pretty INFP to me, and type 9. I recently typed someone INFP who said a similar thing.

" I just wanted everyone to have a good opinion of me, and now people get the wrong one because I'm too insecure. "
Type 9?

"I try to adapt myself as quickly as possible, though I look for familiar patterns."
Both what was said, and the generality of the answer suggest NP to me

"I value customs and traditions very much"
Si valuing, I guess - SJ or NP

"I'm a fan of order and I expect it in every part of my life."
IxxP I think - see socionics

"I fear... making a bad impression on people and regretting saying/doing things."
resonates with Si

Also there were a few clearly introvert bits.

I know you didn't ask for enneagram :p and I'm not too familiar with it anyway but I thought I would throw it in.

I could be wrong but it all seems to fit?

Do you see yourself as similar to her?

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I saw a lot of Fi, and some Si and Ne. And the K2C test did show Fi as the predominant judging function, with a lack of Se. So I would say INFP. For enneagram I would say type 9. She seems like a lovely person.

INFP stuff:

" I'm trying to change myself in order to be as true as possible, and sometimes it's like I'm on the ship with Captain Jack, swinging from side to side, trying to pull it upside down, to reach another dimension." - true to self (Fi) then a metaphor (N)

"I constantly think of other people though I'm always by myself. I want to help others smile. I'm shy and sometimes I need space."
Introvert and Feeler

" I'd like to have the courage to stand up for myself, to get angry at people and shout when I feel disrespected. I would like to put my feeling above others' and not feel guilty, to say what's on my mind without panicking and being afraid to hurt myself and other people."
- sounds pretty INFP to me, and type 9. I recently typed someone INFP who said a similar thing.

" I just wanted everyone to have a good opinion of me, and now people get the wrong one because I'm too insecure. "
Type 9?

"I try to adapt myself as quickly as possible, though I look for familiar patterns."
Both what was said, and the generality of the answer suggest NP to me

"I value customs and traditions very much"
Si valuing, I guess - SJ or NP

"I'm a fan of order and I expect it in every part of my life."
IxxP I think - see socionics

"I fear... making a bad impression on people and regretting saying/doing things."
resonates with Si

Also there were a few clearly introvert bits.

I know you didn't ask for enneagram :p and I'm not too familiar with it anyway but I thought I would throw it in.

I could be wrong but it all seems to fit?

Do you see yourself as similar to her?

Wow, thank you for your accurate answer!
She just got into the personality typing world :p we are trying to figure out everything.
9? interesting. I'll look it up. I'm less familiar with enneagram.

Yes, we are pretty similar but different at the same time.
I am more chaotic and random, she is more logical and organized.
That's why I thought she was a T at first, but lately she has been expressing herself rather freely.
At first I felt in awe whenever she was around.
Here's a pic of her http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/287/b/f/ageless_by_13swordz-d4cs66s.jpg
She used to look like that (lately has been changing a bit.)

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************* (13.9)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************** (39.2)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.3)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45.2)
excellent use

It says I'm INFP, but many times before I got INFJ as a result... I think they both suit me... or they would, if I was a brighter person. I wish I'd edge on T, because I want to respect myself first and have a clear vision of what right or wrong when I have to fight.

She might be a J because
- her notebook has numbered pages
- she's a fan of order
- to-do lists,
but I don't think she is.

She seems very IFP + high Ne, so I would say INFP with well developed Si (respects/doesn't question authority, values tradition...). I also agree with E9.

But then there are some close friends who know me well, and they see in me all I've ever wanted to be, even when I can't.

So... how do you perceive her?

Would she be more outgoing if she weren't shy?

And, most importantly, why did she use ai popoli instead of alle popolazioni?

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
She might be a J because
- her notebook has numbered pages
- she's a fan of order
- to-do lists,
but I don't think she is.

She seems very IFP + high Ne, so I would say INFP with well developed Si (respects/doesn't question authority, values tradition...). I also agree with E9.

So... how do you perceive her?

Would she be more outgoing if she weren't shy?

And, most importantly, why did she use ai popoli instead of alle popolazioni?

Interesting. Why you don't think she could be a J?

I perceive her as a really fragile and elegant ornament.
But she knows how to be really tender and cuddling when she feels comfortable with. you just have to know her ''no zones'' so she won't start feeling uncomfortable.
It was hard at first, but now that we are really confident with each other I no longer have problems, even because I know she will tell me if she doesn't like something I'm doing.
It never happened though. She says I inspire her and she always learns a lot with me. I do too, but she finds it hard to believe.
She is quite outgoing with the right people. She could be a bit more outgoing if she wasn't shy, but still is a really '' I stay in my place and you in yours'' kind of person, she doesn't allow everybody in.
about the population thingy.. she doesn't remember, she probably got confused and didn't remember which one was correct. I barely know the difference between those two as well :p

Thank you!!

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. Why you don't think she could be a J?

Because she has the functional stack of a P (Ji-Pe)

But she knows how to be really tender and cuddling when she feels comfortable with. you just have to know her ''no zones'' so she won't start feeling uncomfortable.
It was hard at first, but now that we are really confident with each other I no longer have problems, even because I know she will tell me if she doesn't like something I'm doing.
It never happened though. She says I inspire her and she always learns a lot with me. I do too, but she finds it hard to believe.
She is quite outgoing with the right people. She could be a bit more outgoing if she wasn't shy, but still is a really '' I stay in my place and you in yours'' kind of person, she doesn't allow everybody in.

Not an extrovert.
Did she read any INFP profiles?
Does she identify with them?

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Because she has the functional stack of a P (Ji-Pe)

Not an extrovert.
Did she read any INFP profiles?
Does she identify with them?

A bit, but she doesn't fully identify with either INFJ or INFP profiles.
She says that those descriptions are too optimistic for her.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Glad I could be of assistance :)

A bit, but she doesn't fully identify with either INFJ or INFP profiles.
She says that those descriptions are too optimistic for her.

That's because profiles are dumb!

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Glad I could be of assistance :)

That's because profiles are dumb!

Hahah yeah, they are for sure.
She is an INFx for sure, maybe I should wait for her to regain some stability to be sure about which one. She is passing through a really huge change from being what ''others think she is'' to ''what she really is'' and I think she is still confused about a lot of stuff. She needs time to figure things out and find her own person.
I posted this because I thought she needed some better feedback than mine on the subject, since she really wants to know.

She told me that since INFJ was the first result she had on the MBTI test she finds it hard to consider the fact she's could eventually be an INFP now.
Even because she was disappointed on the first place because she thought she was a Rational type.

Thank you again, she was happy to read your answer :)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Even because she was disappointed on the first place because she thought she was a Rational type.

Thank you again, she was happy to read your answer :)

INFP actually IS a rational type. The dominant function is a rational function, so they are an introverted rational type.

You're welcome :)

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
INFP actually IS a rational type. The dominant function is a rational function, so they are an introverted rational type.

You're welcome :)

Cool. But what do you think about her approach to the law and authority? I think it's kind of an odd preference for an INFP

Destiny

A wannabe dog
She filled out a questionnaire she found on PerC. But didn't feel like subscribing to any of the typology forums. I'd like to have your opinion as well.
I attached some of her Art works and notebook pages in case they could be of any help.
Thank you so much for your help and patience, she'll appreciate it a lot.

(I was afraid she would come up with extremely long responses, but it isn't as bad. She did good :p)

Despite what she said, the first time I met her she seemed to be an INTJ to me. She was pretty much perfect and super smart, and kind of cold actually. Just after a while I found out that she is literally a gummy bear.

[Pics Time]

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Testand post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

Although everybody here typed her as INFP, but I'd like to vote for INFJ as her type. These few parts below is very Fe:

I'd LIKE TO BE more benevolent to myself. I'd like to have the courage to stand up for myself, to get angry at people and shout when I feel disrespected. I would like to put my feeling above others' and not feel guilty, to say what's on my mind without panicking and being afraid to hurt myself and other people. I would like to be confident and stand by my beliefs without always second guessing my thoughts. I'd like to be someone people can rely on.

I never want to disappoint people and that's the main source of all my stress. I think I'm never good enough.

I constantly think of other people though I'm always by myself. I want to help others smile.

If someone treads on the value of an INFP, an INFP might seethe internally for awhile but they won't have any trouble standing up for themselves eventually. Unlike INFJ who uses Fe, we tend to take a lot of shit from people until we finally couldn't take it anymore we just doorslammed that person out of our lives for good. We don't confront them, nor do we stand up for ourselves, we just do the Fe thing by slowly distancing ourselves from the person who wronged us, or we do the doorslam on them and cut them out of our lives for good. You will never see an INFJ angry, because INFJs would rather doorslam a person than raise our voice at people.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Although everybody here typed her as INFP, but I'd like to vote for INFJ as her type. These few parts below is very Fe:

If someone treads on the value of an INFP, an INFP might seethe internally for awhile but they won't have any trouble standing up for themselves eventually. Unlike INFJ who uses Fe, we tend to take a lot of shit from people until we finally couldn't take it anymore we just doorslammed that person out of our lives for good. We don't confront them, nor do we stand up for ourselves, we just do the Fe thing by slowly distancing ourselves from the person who wronged us, or we do the doorslam on them and cut them out of our lives for good. You will never see an INFJ angry, because INFJs would rather doorslam a person than raise our voice at people.

Totally. Thank you, I agree with your point. Even though I am kind of like that too. (about leaving people gradually. But I do get mad and fight with them. I just don't like definitive closure, I prefer to remain in good terms with someone, because I'm not regretful. I easily forgive people. )

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Cool. But what do you think about her approach to the law and authority? I think it's kind of an odd preference for an INFP

It's possible that this is Fe. I'm not sure though.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Hrrm. I argue that it is Te. I play A LOT of spreadsheet games. It can be ironic because I'm an INFP. Now do I get very far with it? No. Not at all. Play, get frustrated, then quit.

For all we know, she can be an ISTJ. That would be weird.