• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

another day, another person I'm trying to type :D

teothebest

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
hi there, I'd like to ask for opinions about this person and if maybe you could give me some hints about her type.
unlike the last time, I have a less clear idea this time, but I'll do my best to put down facts so that you get a better understanding :D
first of all, my guess. I think this person may be INFP, maybe ISFP, and would appreciate your insight.
of course, I am free to questions and comments, as long as they are some help :D

1) she's quite dreamy and looks out of it most of the time

if you turn to her, she will most likely ignore you, but not out of annoyance or misregard. she will simply ignore you because she's lost in her mind, looking for some stuff online or just daydreaming, provided that she is not sleeping at all.
and even when you get here to do something actual, she will always look for the way to sneak away from it, at least mentally.
what's more, she's very moody: if you insist too much on asking her stuff, she will become very anxious and start shouting, something you would never expect if you take into account that she'd been ignoring you until a second ago.
and she's not like this only in this case: always. one second she looks like the merriest person on the planet and the following she is trating you like shit.

2) she's always late and very untidy.

man, I tend to care little about cleaning up and doing dishes, but she's way more messier! she can turn the whole place upside down just to look for something and then go away, carefree of the mess she has done.
moreover, she tends to leave litter around, stick chewing gums under the table and that sort of thing, and that's pretty disgusting.

3)she works in a nursing home because she likes helping old people out

I've never got this one. she does not give a fuck about cleaning up the place and housework in general (in fact, I am a much better cook than her), still she claims to be caring and loves thinking that her job (as OSS in a nursing house) helps people out.
I mean, she cleans' old geek's asses, and still she loves it. if I were her, I would never do such an ashaming (and physically tiring) job.

4)she's VERY lavish and spends a lot of money on shitty stuff.

oh hell, that's the worst point. she claims to have some "plan" about her future, but in the end she spends all her money on shit and ends up being without money, and without a future, I would say. just an example: she tried entering university a few years ago, using some spare money she had, but not just she failed to pass the entry test (hell, she couldn't focus at all!), but ended up spending all her money on buying a new car, which she broke in an accident..... now that she has a job, she's still planning on going to university, but hasn't put a single euro aside to pay for the fees.....
on the other hand, she owns one of the biggest make-up collections ever o_O

5)she always seem smiling and happy, but deep inside she's quite blue.

well, she may always seem social and friendly, but actually she has few friends because she is quite awkward, and not many people like to have such an unreliable, unpredictable person around. one day you are best friends, the next she marries you, the following she throws your stuff out of the place.....
if you get to know her, though, you'll see that she's quite blue and dissatisfied with her life.

6)she 's always hoping for a change but in the end she does nothing to accomplish it.

once she had a boyfriend who mistreated her, and no matter how insistently we told her to break up on him, she wouldn't. someone may think this was love, but even so, she was always complaining about how bad he treated her, and how much she hated him.... still, when questioned about what she would have done, she tiptoed around saying she would have done something, which she hasn't.

7)I believe she tries being logical at times, but in the end she's dragged by her own feelings when making choices.

as I am very cool-minded and overall better than her at school and all that stuff, she's kind of always felt threatened by my logic and outward emotionlessness.
therefore, whenever she has the chance, she tries to outwit me, just for the sake of showing she's not the clumsy girl I always treat her as.
at the end, anyway, she ends up failing to keep a logic thread and gets emotionally touched. it looks like she hates me..... whatever XD
on a side note, she's always eager to provoke me. I don't know why, but she seems to like it when I lose my temper, and since I have little patience when she's around, that's not an hard thing to obtain.

8)she's as lazy as hell, and won't listen to you unless you shout in her face.

as I said before, she's the laziest person around, and won't do anything for you unless you bother her to hell. this does not mean she doesn't want to help you out of insensitivity, just that that is too much work for her.

9)she's atheist, although she seems to be struggling to find her own way to faith.

when we were kids, our mother forced us to attend mass on sundays. I've grown atheist since I was basically 8, and she seemingly followed a similar religious evolution, since she criticizes the Holy See and the Curch in general quite harshly (well, not has ruthlessly as me, still alot).
yet, when she's asked whether she is theist or not, she answers that she is agnostic, and that she would like to search for a deeper spirituality inside her.

10)she's very dependant from the people with whom she is in love, and end up having troubles putting an end to relationships.

she says that she prizes freedom, and that she doesn't want to be bound to one man, still she always finds herself framed into relationships she can't put an end to.
this leads her to feel bad and generally has mixed feelings for all her boyfriends.

11) even though she looks dumb, she's capable of putting up phisolophical discussions if provided with the needed calm.

unlike my mother, who is a very conservative, religious ISFJ, she is actually able to accept new things and to make logical discussions, as long as she is not under stress. still, she finds it hard to follow a consistent logic, especially when discussiong with me.

12)as she always is a bit depressed, she tends to settle for "the lesser bad", often not trying to improve it, as with her boyfriends.

13)she would like to learn many things and enjoys cradling herself in the misconception she could do it any time, still she often ends up slacking off all her spare time.

just like with university: she did fail to enter it once, but still thinks she will someday enter it, although she doesn't even apply for it, nor she studies on her own to make up for her lack of scientific knowledges.

14)she is often outspoken when it comes to sex and sounds incredibly uninhibited for an introvered person.

that's weird. she rarely speaks about her own feelings (at least to me), but she loves to talk about sex, maybe because she knwos it makes me feel uneasy....

15) when she feels happy, she becomes relentless and loves jumping around and making a lot of noise (which I deem childish and annoying)

she can stay up the whole night dancing like crazy, as if she had taken some sort of drug, just for the mere fact of being happy.

I know this information may be little, but I'd like to hear you opinion anyway :D

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP sounds right to me.

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what's more, she's very moody: if you insist too much on asking her stuff, she will become very anxious and start shouting, something you would never expect if you take into account that she'd been ignoring you until a second ago.
and she's not like this only in this case: always. one second she looks like the merriest person on the planet and the following she is trating you like shit.

About inferior Te:

LiquidLight (PerC) said:
One ISFP said,“My humor becomes biting and cynical and I take an ‘army-navy’ dictatorial approach to communicating with others. I am very negative.” Another described becoming “very short-tempered. I react quickly and sometimes not rationally. I yell at people and have very little patience.” “I’ll be loud, critical, and rash, talk about people behind their backs, or be unreasonable,” said another.

An INFP becomes “more intense. I tend to lash out at people with great anger. I am blaming and accusatory. I get vicious ‘Ben Hur’–type images with a lot of violent action. I feel cold, intolerant, uncaring, rigid, straitjacketed, focused, and terrier-like.”

she claims to have some "plan" about her future, but in the end she spends all her money on shit and ends up being without money, and without a future, I would say. just an example: she tried entering university a few years ago, using some spare money she had, but not just she failed to pass the entry test (hell, she couldn't focus at all!), but ended up spending all her money on buying a new car, which she broke in an accident..... now that she has a job, she's still planning on going to university, but hasn't put a single euro aside to pay for the fees.....
on the other hand, she owns one of the biggest make-up collections ever o_O

Yeah, ISFP.

she rarely speaks about her own feelings (at least to me)

Which confirms Fi.

I agree with five sounds.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She is definitely not INFP. I can rule that out.

I tend to agree that ISFP is the most likely; however, there are two pieces of evidence strongly contravening this:

1. she's quite dreamy and looks out of it most of the time

if you turn to her, she will most likely ignore you, but not out of annoyance or misregard. she will simply ignore you because she's lost in her mind, looking for some stuff online or just daydreaming, provided that she is not sleeping at all.
and even when you get here to do something actual, she will always look for the way to sneak away from it, at least mentally.

ISFPs like to think about their inner world and all that, but this is an Se-aux type. After the ESxPs, I'd say ISFP is the most Se around. I've never heard of one being this abstracted. The ones I know are very much in the moment. Admittedly, I don't know any female ISFPs, so perhaps that makes a difference.

2. she's as lazy as hell, and won't listen to you unless you shout in her face. as I said before, she's the laziest person around, and won't do anything for you unless you bother her to hell. this does not mean she doesn't want to help you out of insensitivity, just that that is too much work for her.

And, even though she looks dumb, she's capable of putting up phisolophical discussions if provided with the needed calm. unlike my mother, who is a very conservative, religious ISFJ, she is actually able to accept new things and to make logical discussions, as long as she is not under stress. still, she finds it hard to follow a consistent logic, especially when discussiong with me.

The three ISFPs I know are ferociously hard-working. Literally the most hard-working people I know because they are driven by inner values of getting stuff done. They are male, so again that might make a difference, but this is not the vibe I'm used to hearing about from ISFPs.

ISFJs are unable to argue, so it isn't really fair to argue with them.

In the face of this contravening evidence, I think that INFJ is a potential type for her. For the following reasons: The weak Te others identified is a characteristic of INFJs as well. The directionlessness and lack of energy to accomplish goals is another INFJ trait. Disappearing into her head is a characteristic of INFJs. Atheism seems more INFJ than ISFP. There are other reasons. However, there is also a lot of evidence not accounted for by this explanation, such as the big makeup collection, the lack of friends, and the passionate happiness; that seems much more ISFP.

So overall probably ISFP.

I would ask, however, is her inability to get into the university and move on with life more because she is a poor planner and a directionless person drifting in life, or is it more because she just doesn't have the energy to get moving, and keeps telling herself she has time?

teothebest

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=19890]robowolf[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19765]BlackDog[/MENTION] thank you :D

well, I can't answer your question directly, so I'll describe how things went:

after high school, she wanted to join the nursing uni, but in order to do so she had to study chemistry and physics, two things she had never studied before but with which I am very capable, therefore I offered her to help her out getting ready for the test.
well, in the end she couldn't focus, gave up quickly because she felt like it was a waste of time and she would never learnt that stuff, and preferred hanging out with her boyfriend instead of studying with me.
all in all, she obviously failed and started blaming everybody (me, the test, the uni....) but herself for failing.

so I would say the second answer, most likely.

and about the unfairness of arguing with ISFJs, I know it and that's why I always make her do what I want :D

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=19890]robowolf[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19765]BlackDog[/MENTION] thank you :D

well, I can't answer your question directly, so I'll describe how things went:

after high school, she wanted to join the nursing uni, but in order to do so she had to study chemistry and physics, two things she had never studied before but with which I am very capable, therefore I offered her to help her out getting ready for the test.
well, in the end she couldn't focus, gave up quickly because she felt like it was a waste of time and she would never learnt that stuff, and preferred hanging out with her boyfriend instead of studying with me.
all in all, she obviously failed and started blaming everybody (me, the test, the uni....) but herself for failing.

so I would say the second answer, most likely.

and about the unfairness of arguing with ISFJs, I know it and that's why I always make her do what I want :D

Doesn't sound like ISFPs I've known, but oh well.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah. I'm pretty sure not INFP. INFP would take it out on him or her self for failing. Are you sure she is introverted? She could also be ISFJ, whom are among the most persistent in relationships as far as I know. Yes, they are judging. No, they are not hard workers. Could also be INFP though. And don't rule out ITP. My dad... well, he's in a similar situation. Coming out of it though. I'm pretty sure Ti dominant because he is an excellent mechanic. I use google, he uses his sixth sense of TPness.