User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Default Please Analyze Cognitive Functions

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.6)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16.4)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.4)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.9)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************** (32.7)
    good use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.6)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************** (30.6)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************** (22.4)
    limited use
    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

The above is what I get on cognitive function tests. I've concluded for some time that I can best be characterized as INTJ under this MBTI system because of my Ni use coupled with lower Fe use, and the perception among people I know that I don't use Fe at all. For example, I'm not at all facially expressive, or emotionally expressive. However, does anyone else have a better take on this functional spread?

For full disclosure, I don't believe MBTI exists innately; I'm only looking for the optimal type that will allow me to have a firm 'center' from which to make comparisons with others. Since I don't have that, sometimes it calls into question my own personal categorization of others. I've had this process recommended to me, so I thought I'd do it, as no one is above critiques.

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

Hmmm, I wouldn't read into the functional spread since (from what I remember) the test's great at determining where your strengths lie in the dichotomies but not the attitudes (few questions are geared toward them). For instance, using the numerical results, it'd be difficult to conclude your type since there's an excellent use of Ni and Ti but only a good use of Fe and Te. There's no type that is NiTiFe or NiTeFe.

Have you read about INTJs? Here's a good article about the difference between INFJs and INTJs.
    Likes BlackDog liked this post

Do you relate to the Rationalist temperament?
    Do you relate to type descriptions of intj?
    What do you generally score on the standard dichotomy tests?

I would guess its sometimes best to go back to basics and then dig a bit deeper with functional analysis, etc...

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ida View Post
    Do you relate to the Rationalist temperament?
    Do you relate to type descriptions of intj?
    What do you generally score on the standard dichotomy tests?

I would guess its sometimes best to go back to basics and then dig a bit deeper with functional analysis, etc...
    I do relate to it.

No, I don't particularly identify with the INTJ descriptions, beyond what could be accounted for by the Forer effect.

I score on the tests whatever type I'm using as a 'viewpoint' at the moment.
    Formerly Lion4!5

Any particular reason you're questioning intj as a closest type? If so, what part (either by dichotomy or function) do you feel most confident and least confident about?

MBTI
    INFJ

Looks like INFJ. I thought that's what you identified as? But if you type based on your viewpoint at the time why pay attention to that?

Are you able to type others accurately? Do you know many IJs to compare yourself to?

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Any particular reason you're questioning intj as a closest type?
    No.

If so, what part (either by dichotomy or function) do you feel most confident and least confident about?
    I just like to regularly vet where I'm standing, to try and see if I could improve the system by switching categorizations.
    Formerly Lion4!5

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Looks like INFJ. I thought that's what you identified as? But if you type based on your viewpoint at the time why pay attention to that?

Are you able to type others accurately? Do you know many IJs to compare yourself to?
    I change my viewpoint often and deliberately in order to consider many possibilities; I think it helps to understand what different type patterns are like when you interpret your information using those concepts. It isn't the same at all as making those patterns descriptive of you, but even so . . .

I believe my typing abilities sit around 80% with people in real life who I know a little about, much less online.

Yes, I know a few IJs, and I'm like some, not others.
    Formerly Lion4!5

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    I change my viewpoint often and deliberately in order to consider many possibilities; I think it helps to understand what different type patterns are like when you interpret your information using those concepts. It isn't the same at all as making those patterns descriptive of you, but even so . . .

I believe my typing abilities sit around 80% with people in real life who I know a little about, much less online.

Yes, I know a few IJs, and I'm like some, not others.
    Yes I can relate to changing perspective wrt type. Eventually ISTJ emerged as the central type. Is there a pattern with the people you compare to most closely? Do they tend to use Fi+Te for example? What would it take for you to settle on a single type? How would you know?

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Yes I can relate to changing perspective wrt type. Eventually ISTJ emerged as the central type. Is there a pattern with the people you compare to most closely? Do they tend to use Fi+Te for example? What would it take for you to settle on a single type? How would you know?
    I don't know what their introverted functions are necessarily. They don't use Se or Fe; they use either Ne or Te externally (I don't really know the difference between what those two look like in 'real time').

I don't know what it would take, and I wouldn't know. I tend to think it isn't too important, but I am always open to new ideas.
    Formerly Lion4!5