• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MAYDAY! MAYDAY! Can you help type me? pls.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Hi! This is my first post on TC! I am familiar with the MBTI typing system but I haven't been able to type myself and I was wondering if you could help me. Instead of giving you a description about me, I thought I'd let you ask me questions and answer accordingly. So ask away...

PS. I know for certain that I am a XXXP.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Present me with 500 word wall of text on some random topic, as long as you wrote it. You pick all the specs other than that.

That should be fun.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are there any literary or film characters that you relate to? If so which?

Mole

Permabanned
What excites you the most: being an introvert or being an extrovert?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I thought you were an atheist in regards the Collective Consciousness and its child the MBTI typology system?

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi! This is my first post on TC! I am familiar with the MBTI typing system but I haven't been able to type myself and I was wondering if you could help me. Instead of giving you a description about me, I thought I'd let you ask me questions and answer accordingly. So ask away...

PS. I know for certain that I am a XXXP.

1) Are you energetically flirty and enthusiastic, but flighty?
2) Do you spend long periods of time mooning over the ideal significant other and/or relationship, but the people you meet don't measure up?
3) Do you procrastinate on projects and work like a maniac at the last minute to finish?
4) Do you have an inner world too rich to share with most people, so you've given up trying?
5) Do you have unusually deep and powerful eyes?
6) Are you drawn to INTP or INTJ types?
7) When you frequent social gatherings, do you keep to yourself around the periphery?

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Present me with 500 word wall of text on some random topic, as long as you wrote it. You pick all the specs other than that.

That should be fun.

I don’t really know what to say so I’ll try to keep writing till an interesting topic hits me as It usually does. I like art. I am currently reading a lot of different books but mainly I am reading "Encyclopedia of the Exquisite". It’s a very pretty book on the history of various places and things. It’s absolutely remarkable! I am also simultaneously reading "Hyperbole and a Half" by Allie Brosh which is absolutely hilarious. I have a nice cozy bookshelf in my room bought by my parents and I have a little wooden box filled with keepsakes from my childhood and my life. I guess I am sentimental. However, I am also very clutter-free oriented. I can express liking an object but if it is unneeded I wouldn’t think twice about throwing it away. I like being organized at school. I keep an agenda and everything. I can be described as both selfish and helpful. Both smart and dumb. Both quiet and talkative. I feel like I have no fixed personality and I can mold myself to try to fit in many different scenarios however I don’t do it to get closer to people – I think I do – but I don’t because I don’t have many friends, just a few. I’d love to travel the world someday. The big, beautiful world out there. The different cultures, people, places and things! God! It’s exciting! By the way I don’t believe in God , although my mother is highly religious. I haven’t told her yet. I am a girl with super short hair (pixie cut), boots, black pants, t-shirt and my glorious hoodie. Yes! I’ve been thought of as a boy before. I guess I hate the cosmetic industry and the media’s ridiculous standards I am surprised people really don’t notice that often and mindlessly consume television. It’s almost painful to watch my family as they watch television. They look so frightening. Like drones. There’s a cool sci-fi story by Ray Bradbury titled The Pedestrian. You guys should read it. Anyways, I have stopped wearing makeup, nail polish, and heels. I absolutely hate shopping. That’s 351 words! Okay…what else…Oh! I have a peace lily in my bedroom that I absolutely love. I spend a lot of time in my bedroom and less time outside even though I love nature. My family doesn’t celebrate Christmas, but I have made myself a Christmas tree using construction paper, glue, and a pair of scissors. It is 3D and looks quite real. I am planning to decorate it and put tiny presents underneath it and celebrate Christmas my own little way! Yay! I know this is only 438 words, but trust me I can’t write anymore.

Last edited:

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Are there any literary or film characters that you relate to? If so which?

I can strongly relate to:
The Darjeeling Limited - Peter L. Whitman
Lost In Translation – Charlotte

I can slightly relate to:

Doctor Who - Donna Noble
Doctor Who - Jenny Flint
Les Misérables - Eponine
Much Ado About Nothing – Beatrice

Characters I do not like include:
Doctor Who – Amy Pond
Romeo and Juliet – Romeo
Les Misérables – Cosette

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t know. I fluctuate between the two.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
1)Are you energetically flirty and enthusiastic, but flighty?
2) Do you spend long periods of time mooning over the ideal significant other and/or relationship, but the people you meet don't measure up?
3) Do you procrastinate on projects and work like a maniac at the last minute to finish?
4) Do you have an inner world too rich to share with most people, so you've given up trying?
7) When you frequent social gatherings, do you keep to yourself around the periphery?

1) Are you energetically flirty and enthusiastic, but flighty?

I sometimes lack energy so I wouldn’t describe myself as you energetically flirty and enthusiastic. I am not actively flirty and enthusiastic. However, I may become enthusiastic when the task is something I like to do or I am interested about.

Yeah. I mean I do imagine spending time with my ideal significant other. I’d imagine the ideal setting we could first meet in. Although, my practical side tells me that my fantasies might not match up to reality – and that’s fine with me- because I have the tendency to “just make things work” If I am give a huge project on Monday and I am asked to finish it by Friday I won’t spend time saying “OMG! I have so much work to do” My first thought is usually “Okay, I have a new assignment, how do I make this work?” I know that I never want to have kids and get married in reality. I am sometimes too afraid to be with another person intimately. Which is ironic considering I send time fantasizing about those first dates, and Sunday mornings with a significant other.
You can say that people don’t measure up to my idealized vision. But, I am practical enough to understand that reality might not match up with ideals but that’s okay because true beauty lies in both the literal and the imaginative.

YES! YES! YES! Countless times…I just can’t work for many days at the same time. I like to work at one long sitting completing everything as I go along.

I am not sure. I don’t usually share my emotions – sadness, pain – with others. I can express enthusiasm and excitement around family and really close friends but I don’t show that to others. I have never shared my innermost thoughts and fantasies with others.
A classmate once saw my drawing and she told me “I’d have never take you for the artsy type. You are always so focused and get good grades in chemistry and English. You are like an onion, you can peel back layers and discover something new.” I completely agree with her I have no solid defined personality, my personality is like a river it keeps gradually shifting and changing, too slow for others to notice.

I don’t know. I know I have fairly big eyes hidden by my glasses.

I don’t know. I guess one of my friends is an INTJ. She had this solid, indisputable plan for her life mapped out to the last detail. She knew who she wanted to be, what she wanted to do, who she was, and even where she would spend that last days of her life. I could never do that because I dislike planning for the future, I am more go along with the flow of life kind of person. I could never settle on what I want to be when I grow up. Which is funny because I seem like a determined, ambitious, straight A student on the outside when I am a helpful, artistic, non-ambitious, non-materialistic person.

YES! I avoid bars, clubs and parties I cannot stand the loud noise. It seem to me that people cannot hear or understand that the music is too loud.

Last edited:

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don’t really know what to say so I’ll try to keep writing till an interesting topic hits me as It usually does. I like art. I am currently reading a lot of different books but mainly I am reading Encyclopedia of the Exquisite It’s a very pretty book on the history of various places and things. It’s absolutely remarkable! I am also simultaneously reading Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh which is absolutely hilarious. I have a nice cozy bookshelf in my room bought by my parents and I have a little wooden box filled with keepsakes from my childhood and my life. I guess I am sentimental. However, I am also very clutter-free oriented. I can express liking an object but if it is unneeded I wouldn’t think twice about throwing it away. I like being organized at school. I keep an agenda and everything. I can be described as both selfish and helpful. Both smart and dumb. Both quiet and talkative. I feel like I have no fixed personality and I can mold myself to try to fit in many different scenarios however I don’t do it to get closer to people – I think I do – but I don’t because I don’t have may friend just a few. I’d love to travel the world someday. The big, beautiful world out there. The different cultures, people, places and things! God! It’s exciting! By the way I don’t believe in God , although my mother is highly religious. I haven’t told her yet. I am a girl with super short hair 9pixie cut), boots, black pants, t-shit and my glorious hoodie. Yes! I’ve been thought of as a boy before. I guess I hate the cosmetic industry and the media’s ridiculous standards I am surprised people really don’t notice that often and mindlessly consume television. It’s almost painful to watch my family as they watch television. They look so frightening. Like drones. There’s a cool sci-fi story by Ray Bradbury titled The Pedestrian. You guys should read it. Anyways, I have stopped wearing makeup, nail polish, and heels. I absolutely hate shopping. That’s 351 words! Okay…what else…Oh! I have a peace lily in my bedroom that I absolutely love. I spend a lot of time in my bedroom and less time outside even though I love nature. My family doesn’t celebrate Christmas, but I have made myself a Christmas tree using construction paper, glue, and a pair of scissors. It is 3D and looks quite real. I am planning to decorate it and put tiny presents underneath it and celebrate Christmas my own little way! Yay! I know this is only 438 words, but trust me I can’t write anymore.

ISTP. Alternatively INTP, and also possible but unlikely, ENTP.

I wrote a long justification for that, but meanwhile the site logged me out and it was lost, lol.

If you're ISTP, you'll probably be happy to do without the long justification anyway.

Basically, though, you give off the independent, neutral feel of an IxTP, and I think I see Se over Ne, so ISTP.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
ISTP. Alternatively INTP, and also possible but unlikely, ENTP.

I wrote a long justification for that, but meanwhile the site logged me out and it was lost, lol.

If you're ISTP, you'll probably be happy to do without the long justification anyway.

Basically, though, you give off the independent, neutral feel of an IxTP, and I think I see Se over Ne, so ISTP.

I know you are going to dread doing this, but I actually want the long justification. I tend to reconsider my type a lot, so it'd help me if I saw the justification and your reasoning for typing me as an ISTP. Meanwhile, I'll go and read a couple descriptions of ISTP, INTP, AND ENTP...

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know you are going to dread doing this, but I actually want the long justification. I tend to reconsider my type a lot, so it'd help me if I saw the justification and your reasoning for typing me as an ISTP. Meanwhile, I'll go and read a couple descriptions of ISTP, INTP, AND ENTP...

Well, you don't identify as particularly feminine; not to stereotype, but that puts you into T over F right away.

You knew you were a P already.

Your behavior is unsocial as you explained, but not aggressively so. That seems I, and puts us as IxTP. The neutral feel is a reinforcer, as it fits with IxTP.

In choosing ISTP vs. INTP, note that INTP is an Ne dom whereas ISTP is an Se dom.

In your post, you seemed 'stuck' on what things around you looked like. You had nothing on your mind to talk about, so you started talking about the objects around you, branching off into other things, and then using appearances again as a seguay into other topics. That's a very Se way of talking.

Se is just seeing what is around you, perceiving and observing directly. In that sense, the Se user's 'world' is what they see around them at the moment. You would only be aux for Se, but still, that's your extraverted function, so it is your primary way of taking in information.

Finally, you quit posting when you ran out of stuff to say, which was basically after you finished naming things in the room plus the other things the stuff in the room reminded you of.

An INTP, as an Ne dom, by contrast has little connection to their environment. If you see them post, it is generally about philosophy or detailed systems or something; you are a Ti dom too so you would build systems in much the same way, but the difference is that they might talk of nothing else because their attention is on what 'isnt' there', so to speak, whereas Se is focused on what 'is' there.

You also talked of wanting to experience the world; that's an SP stereotype. And if you are SP, you definitely aren't one of the ExSPs, so that leads back to ISTP or ISFP. ISFPs are very unobjective because they are dom Fi; you seem neutral and objective and Ti-ish, not like an Fi user at all. And you never talked at all about connections with others or anything like that, which makes sense if you are ISTP or INTP because they have Fe inferior.

So, if you are IxTP you have probably experienced so-called hyper-emotionalism perhaps in the form of outbursts of anger, or a 'martyrdom' complex where you think people are victimizing you. IxTP don't use emotions for decisionmaking, like to be independent, don't want to be told what to do, but at the same time aren't 'big' people compared to ExTPs.

For the reasons I outlined, ISTP seems more likely than INTP.

And those are about two-thirds of my reasons; I have to get on to other stuff now, but follow my reasoning and 'troubleshoot' what I said to justify each function, and if you agree, then ISTP should be your conclusion.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=23454]agspath[/MENTION] --
From your post #7 , and those answers in post #9 , you tend to strike me as INFP. But I'm well-known as biased in that regard. :unsure:

Alea_iacta_est

[Socionics Typing]

There are 4 basic, unrefined types of people.

There are those who do, who participate, who are always taking action.
There are those who engage, who do only what they desire or whatever is on their mind.
There are those who clarify and sort, who establish stability.
There are those who adapt, who maneuver and go-with-the-flow.

Which of these do you embody the most? Each person exists on a spectrum with these, but which is your general temperament?

When you answer this, we can narrow it down further.

-------------------------------------------------
[Of suspected INTJ] She had this solid, indisputable plan for her life mapped out to the last detail. She knew who she wanted to be, what she wanted to do, who she was, and even where she would spend that last days of her life.

Sounds more like a very capable individual belonging to the LSI personality and phobic avoidance of :Ne:. The Logical Intuitive Introverts do not wield that kind of certainty. That is :Se: certainty. "I will make it so". LSI is the most common personality for people who do that, and I've seen countless examples of LSIs exhibiting that behavior in order to avoid :Ne:. [In MBTI terms, you'd be looking at an ISTx]

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
[Socionics Typing]

There are 4 basic, unrefined types of people.

There are those who do, who participate, who are always taking action.
There are those who engage, who do only what they desire or whatever is on their mind.
There are those who clarify and sort, who establish stability.
There are those who adapt, who maneuver and go-with-the-flow.

Which of these do you embody the most? Each person exists on a spectrum with these, but which is your general temperament?

When you answer this, we can narrow it down further.

-------------------------------------------------

Sounds more like a very capable individual belonging to the LSI personality and phobic avoidance of :Ne:. The Logical Intuitive Introverts do not wield that kind of certainty. That is :Se: certainty. "I will make it so". LSI is the most common personality for people who do that, and I've seen countless examples of LSIs exhibiting that behavior in order to avoid :Ne:. [In MBTI terms, you'd be looking at an ISTx]

I am caught between There are those who engage, who do only what they desire or whatever is on their mind. and There are those who adapt, who maneuver and go-with-the-flow.
I think I lean more towards the latter than the former.

I think it'd help if you could provide me with examples or refined descriptions to help me finalize my decision as to which temperament I fall into.

Alea_iacta_est

I am caught between There are those who engage, who do only what they desire or whatever is on their mind. and There are those who adapt, who maneuver and go-with-the-flow.
I think I lean more towards the latter than the former.

I think it'd help if you could provide me with examples or refined descriptions to help me finalize my decision as to which temperament I fall into.

Refining between those two:

I do what I want, I do what I feel like doing, I do whatever is on my mind. I am the person who will strive and put power behind anything I want to do but at the same time I am the one who can't do what I don't want to do. I move quickly like in leaps or bounds, constantly redirecting my attention in one direction only to pivot around just as forcefully to the next direction. [Staccato Power]

I mold to my environment. Whatever happens around me, I fluidly maneuver myself into a favorable position, almost like a raft easing out of the way of rock on a winding river. I generally try to accomplish all things with little effort, and prefer to remain a spectator to situations. I follow suit, I change with the wind, not of my own volition. Wherever the winds take me is where I go, smoothly going-with-the-flow. [Fluid, Pulled]

The difference between the two is that one is full of energy, willpower, and direction while the other is more adrift and following the present current to favorable ends.

If you still have trouble understanding the difference, here's an analogy. [under the context of being in the middle of an ocean with many islands scattered about]

The first temperament would prefer a boat with oars, so that they can control the direction they are heading. They want to be able to have the power to do whatever it is they want. If they want to go to that island, they can paddle over there and check it out. If they want to keep going and see what else lays around the bend, they can do that as well. If they want to go against a current, they can fight it with the oars.

The second temperament would prefer a boat with sails, so that they can be guided in a general direction to wherever the current or winds takes them. They want to simply take as little action as possible and smoothly reach a destination, almost as if fate or reality delivers them to their next location.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Refining between those two:

I do what I want, I do what I feel like doing, I do whatever is on my mind. I am the person who will strive and put power behind anything I want to do but at the same time I am the one who can't do what I don't want to do. I move quickly like in leaps or bounds, constantly redirecting my attention in one direction only to pivot around just as forcefully to the next direction. [Staccato Power]

I mold to my environment. Whatever happens around me, I fluidly maneuver myself into a favorable position, almost like a raft easing out of the way of rock on a winding river. I generally try to accomplish all things with little effort, and prefer to remain a spectator to situations. I follow suit, I change with the wind, not of my own volition. Wherever the winds take me is where I go, smoothly going-with-the-flow. [Fluid, Pulled]

The difference between the two is that one is full of energy, willpower, and direction while the other is more adrift and following the present current to favorable ends.

If you still have trouble understanding the difference, here's an analogy. [under the context of being in the middle of an ocean with many islands scattered about]

The first temperament would prefer a boat with oars, so that they can control the direction they are heading. They want to be able to have the power to do whatever it is they want. If they want to go to that island, they can paddle over there and check it out. If they want to keep going and see what else lays around the bend, they can do that as well. If they want to go against a current, they can fight it with the oars.

The second temperament would prefer a boat with sails, so that they can be guided in a general direction to wherever the current or winds takes them. They want to simply take as little action as possible and smoothly reach a destination, almost as if fate or reality delivers them to their next location.

Thanks! That makes things a lot more clear. I prefer There are those who adapt, who maneuver and go-with-the-flow Temperament.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
The way you started that text, where you mention that you can't quite think of what to say, and then start mentioning books you're reading and just go along with that - seems like something I would write under similar circumstances.

So, could be ISTJ?

The main thing that strikes me as not-like-me is your apparent enthusiasm.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
The way you started that text, where you mention that you can't quite think of what to say, and then start mentioning books you're reading and just go along with that - seems like something I would write under similar circumstances.

So, could be ISTJ?

The main thing that strikes me as not-like-me is your apparent enthusiasm.

So far I have gotten ISTP, INFP, and ISTJ? This goes back to my original question...What type am I ??

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
INFP. Generally, if you get to page two, then you're not an INTP/ISTP/whatever else the INTPs tell you, but are an INFP.

The difference between ISTJ and INFP is quite vast. Both share the same functions. A defining characteristic is that ISTJ works incredibly hard. Literally they all seem to live to work. I saw the ISTJ up there, and want to ask if this is true. If not, then boy am I confused.

I don't see that here, so INFP.

Whoop! This post finally got INFP on the type style web app I shall use to judge your writing style.

uClassify | View Classifier

You got ESFJ. Usually when I'm writing about myself, I get ISFJ. Close enough. Lack of random paragraph breaks is different though.

Damnit, the last statement flipped it all around to ISFJ.