• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MAYDAY! MAYDAY! Can you help type me? pls.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
INFP. Generally, if you get to page two, then you're not an INTP/ISTP/whatever else the INTPs tell you, but are an INFP.

The difference between ISTJ and INFP is quite vast. Both share the same functions. A defining characteristic is that ISTJ works incredibly hard. Literally they all seem to live to work. I saw the ISTJ up there, and want to ask if this is true. If not, then boy am I confused.

I don't see that here, so INFP.

Whoop! This post finally got INFP on the type style web app I shall use to judge your writing style.

uClassify | View Classifier

You got ESFJ. Usually when I'm writing about myself, I get ISFJ. Close enough. Lack of random paragraph breaks is different though.

Damnit, the last statement flipped it all around to ISFJ.

Hi! So i didn't really understand what you were trying to convey exactly...but I thought the link you posted was cool. So I did what any "normal" person would do. I decided to take several different paragraphs/stories/poems I have written in the past. With these texts, I ran them through the website link. I plotted to data of all 7 trials and put it into a cute little graph:

CHARTMBTI.jpg

So far the result of this laborious task has been: INFJ.

I know you're going to find this annoying, but can you please explain why you think I'm an INFP. Thanks!

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, now, based on your response, I'm confused further. Well, ISTJ is really the only other option.

See, I'm a lazy person. I generally don't do homework, but I'm slowly changing that, or so I claim. ISTJ is the opposite.

Oh, and if you are INFJ then you can read people like the psychics on tv can. I'm not sure if this is completely true, but you'd probably be making judgments about others all the time. These judgments are *mostly* accurate. I'd be surprised if you were INFJ.

I'm pretty sure if you were INFJ you wouldn't be here except to verify your own findings.

Seeing as you've done very hard work with that unfortunately not so useful thing, I'm going to say ISTJ. I'll do the hard task of describing myself for you.

Well, it is hard because we rely on indescribable feelings.

Pretty much, we are the kid in the back corner of class who is day dreaming about whether the world exists or not. Yes? Or no? I know from experience, we don't care about grades. They're stupid letters. INFJ is quite close, but wrong. They use the inverse functions of what we do.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Well, now, based on your response, I'm confused further. Well, ISTJ is really the only other option.

See, I'm a lazy person. I generally don't do homework, but I'm slowly changing that, or so I claim. ISTJ is the opposite.

Oh, and if you are INFJ then you can read people like the psychics on tv can. I'm not sure if this is completely true, but you'd probably be making judgments about others all the time. These judgments are *mostly* accurate. I'd be surprised if you were INFJ.

I'm pretty sure if you were INFJ you wouldn't be here except to verify your own findings.

Seeing as you've done very hard work with that unfortunately not so useful thing, I'm going to say ISTJ. I'll do the hard task of describing myself for you.

Well, it is hard because we rely on indescribable feelings.

Pretty much, we are the kid in the back corner of class who is day dreaming about whether the world exists or not. Yes? Or no? I know from experience, we don't care about grades. They're stupid letters. INFJ is quite close, but wrong. They use the inverse functions of what we do.

Hi again! Okay, so I am lazy too! I procrastinate a lot! But I do do my homework reluctantly.I don't care about my grades but I fear my father's anger and hurtful words, which is why I think I do well at school. I still am quite insecure even though I try and show everyone else I am superbly confident. I am a walking contradiction. My personality changes with the wind.

I don't care where I'll end up in the future. I am not scared of the future. I am scared to plan my future.

I think I use Ti/Fe axis because I pause a lot when talking and even though I'd rather sit alone at lunch I really admire old Victorian social customs. I like the etiquette and manners. It's pretty in a constricting-structured kinda way. I also HATE conflicts or people getting mad at me. I fear my fathers anger. I also tend to try to please everyone when I am cooking. I love gourmet cooking.

To finish of, I am hard to anger- I don't think I've ever been angry - just annoyed. I am quick to cool down. However, I can easily get annoyed.

I hope this might help you a little more...

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Also, I use the Ti/Fe axis because I can figure out what people want but it's harder for me to figure out what I want. I try to control my emotions and suppress it when I feel like crying in public. I will find a quiet spot and only when I am alone, I allow myself to cry. Although, during these times I feel like I was close enough to someone to share my feelings with him/her.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, I can do both too. Are you sure you aren't INFP? We are rational like INTP, but focused on our emotions. I'm a so instinctual variant, so those emotions are triggered by people, but, I am also 5w6, so I've reasoned out that abstractions count as symbolism for people, hence why I can be confused with INTP.

And I am terrified of the future, just saying. :cry:

But its fine, cause it is an irrational thing, like all of my other fears, and I understand this and don't let it affect me. :mellow:

Although I must say, I've never done that. Ever. My bad feelings go out in the form of Te. ENTJ mode. It is like I'm trying to use Ne like Ni. It is funny.

I often am lots more open on the internet than in person. In person, you'd get a facade.

But yeah, back to the problem, introverted or extroverted? If you base yourself in Ti/Fe and Ne/Si, then you are NTP. But I want to know why you are sure you are not Fi based.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Well, I can do both too. Are you sure you aren't INFP? We are rational like INTP, but focused on our emotions. I'm a so instinctual variant, so those emotions are triggered by people, but, I am also 5w6, so I've reasoned out that abstractions count as symbolism for people, hence why I can be confused with INTP.

And I am terrified of the future, just saying. :cry:

But its fine, cause it is an irrational thing, like all of my other fears, and I understand this and don't let it affect me. :mellow:

Although I must say, I've never done that. Ever. My bad feelings go out in the form of Te. ENTJ mode. It is like I'm trying to use Ne like Ni. It is funny.

I often am lots more open on the internet than in person. In person, you'd get a facade.

But yeah, back to the problem, introverted or extroverted? If you base yourself in Ti/Fe and Ne/Si, then you are NTP. But I want to know why you are sure you are not Fi based.

The following text is going to seem like a rant, I'm sorry about that:

I am also a lot more open on the internet. I would never tell anyone all of the things I have told you guys. I also maintain a facade in public. I think you and I can actually be more open online because there is this sense of being distantly intimate that can seem very gratifying. You don't get hurt when you can just turn everything off and take a breather. Actually, I am so used to maintaining different facades with different people that if you introduce one of my classmates in school to me outside of school they'd be shocked. I guess I tend to modify my personality that I can be anyone at a quick glance. However, it is because I can be so many things to so many people, I feel lost when I'm alone at night with all those walls down. I can't seem to figure out who I am or what I want to do.

I think I can relate to both Ti and Fi. But the main reason why I tend not to consider myself as Fi is because I don't really know what my personal values are and I am NOT a people person. I often get annoyed when I read novels where a bunch of teenagers are complaining about their "oh-so-hard!" life. I feel like slamming the book against the wall and screaming "Get over yourselves!" I can't relate to the aggressive and competitive nature of Se. But I am fairly creative and love art and such. Which is why I think I'm Si/Ne.

Lastly, Fi users seem to want to help people but I don't because I can be extremely open but I am always afraid of becoming intimate because I know how blind I can be when it comes to love and intimacy. I don't have solid black and white morals. I can tread on my own values if the situation calls for it and it makes sense to me. As for the writing/art stereotype I don't prize myself on being a good author/artist like INFPs do. I think these are all based on my fear of being an INFP. I think it's easier for me to admit to a IXTP type than a INFP type because that would mean that I am truly not living to my nature and that would push me further into a state of melancholy.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see any other possibilities at this point but INTP and ISTP. And I'm leaning towards ISTP.

Do you have a leaning towards either of these two at the moment?

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
I don't see any other possibilities at this point but INTP and ISTP. And I'm leaning towards ISTP.

Do you have a leaning towards either of these two at the moment?

Nope, I'm not leaning towards any one type in particular.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
I've heard inferior Fe have a tendency to listen to rock or intense music. Is that true?

If it is true, then maybe I'm not an ISTP or INTP. Because my music choices include: World music, easy-listening, alt.rock, and selective artists (Florence + The Machine, Bastille, Coldplay, and Lana Del Rey) Those are nowhere near comparable to intense rock music.

Examples:
Flaws (Acoustic) - Bastille
Oblivion - Bastille
Noble Maiden Fair - Emma Thompson (in Gaelic)
Starman - Seu Jorge (in Portuguese)
Prom Song (Gone Wrong) - Lana Del Rey

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
ISTP or ISTJ. Decided to actually read the thread for once. Don't know how suggestable ISTJ would be. But yeah this guy's indecision is on par with my indecision. That's pretty indecisive. Now my question for more info, because obviously I don't know why, is why? And he seems to have a misconception with Fi. Fi is having all of the normal feelings one would have, but making them ten times more ambiguous. On a scale of indecisiveness, I'd say INTP would be more decisive because they'd think logically. Although I still think they would be hung up on the basic questions of favorites. Probably. I'm like all the colors are nice, except pink, orange and green.

I see this questioning in this guy quite easily. Hence why he isn't SP, and why I said INFP on my first try. To confirm, I'll need info about his indecisiveness and how typical for it is for him to do it. He's said it many times. He seems like an INFP, but could be ISFJ, INTP, probably not ISTJ.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
ISTP or ISTJ. Decided to actually read the thread for once. Don't know how suggestable ISTJ would be. But yeah this guy's indecision is on par with my indecision. That's pretty indecisive. Now my question for more info, because obviously I don't know why, is why? And he seems to have a misconception with Fi. Fi is having all of the normal feelings one would have, but making them ten times more ambiguous. On a scale of indecisiveness, I'd say INTP would be more decisive because they'd think logically. Although I still think they would be hung up on the basic questions of favorites. Probably. I'm like all the colors are nice, except pink, orange and green.

I see this questioning in this guy quite easily. Hence why he isn't SP, and why I said INFP on my first try. To confirm, I'll need info about his indecisiveness and how typical for it is for him to do it. He's said it many times. He seems like an INFP, but could be ISFJ, INTP, probably not ISTJ.

Indecisiveness

I am indecisive. Maybe it’s because I can’t decide between things that really wouldn’t affect me. I can’t pick one career path because I am see myself comfortable in any role. At restaurants, I can’t decide what I want to eat because I just can’t decide. It annoys my father who is extremely decisive. I’d rather not make decisions or call the shots.

Decisiveness

There are few things in life I am sure about:
• I am never going to have kids – I did plenty of research on the topic and have concluded I am never going to have children. There is no reason to have them anyways and I’d rather not be responsible for a person’s life.
• I am never going to get married – too much heartbreaks. I cant stand the fact that even if I do everything right there is still a huge chance something will go wrong

The Future

I don’t know what I want to be or where I want to go but I have little statements (like the ones above) that will ensure I am atleast in control of my life to some extent

Emotions

I seem to get very emotional suddenly. Like I’ll be sitting in class having an overall good day and then BAM! I’ll start to get really sad and emotional. I’ll be at the point of crying in front of everyone.But I’ll suppress it. And I suppress my emotions a lot because I have an inability to cry in public or even in front of my family. I don’t think they’ve ever seen me cry. I am only going to share my emotions with a few people who truly know me.

Secretive

I am extremely secretive. There are so many things my parents/friends/family/classmates don’t know about me. I am not reckless although I find it very attractive when other people are reckless.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
So, how does ISFJ look? ISFJs procrastinate as well, and I don't relate to your strong emotions. Mine are strong, but I control them. Yours are strong, but you said you were about to burst into tears. Expression of emotions is Fe. I don't do that. :mellow: all the time, except when pretending otherwise. People think I'm T because of it. I know an ISTP, and he's similar to your issues, but also different. While I could see him as doing the same thing you do, I doubt it. He does have similar issues but still overcame them, as I hope you do too. All I can do is hope, and say you have my support.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
So, how does ISFJ look? ISFJs procrastinate as well, and I don't relate to your strong emotions. Mine are strong, but I control them. Yours are strong, but you said you were about to burst into tears. Expression of emotions is Fe. I don't do that. :mellow: all the time, except when pretending otherwise. People think I'm T because of it. I know an ISTP, and he's similar to your issues, but also different. While I could see him as doing the same thing you do, I doubt it. He does have similar issues but still overcame them, as I hope you do too. All I can do is hope, and say you have my support.

First of all, thank you for your support. It truly means a lot.

Secondly, I was reading about Fi vs Fe and I stumbled on this little gold nugget : http://http://funkymbtifiction.tumblr.com/post/103667055580/how-unhealthy-is-it-for-fe-users-to-harbor-their

I could relate to this :

"The primary difference in discovering Fe is that although it may repress its feelings and hide from them to some extent, either to avoid dealing with them itself or to avoid not burdening others with emotion, it will, with a bit of prodding from others, be willing to open up and talk about how it feels. Fe often needs to express itself emotionally in order to understand what it is feeling and get validation from others that it is okay to feel this way. Repressing it is instinctive, because an introvert only trusts a small circle of friends with their private life and feelings; so an introverted Fe user might be uncomfortable with too much emotion in someone else, the same as a Fi-user might find a display of overt emotionality discomforting. For introverts too much “out there, for the world to see” behavior, emotional or otherwise, is very uncomfortable and awkward for them. So someone repressing their feelings (the very act of repression is somewhat indicative of Fe, because Fi has to force itself to externalize emotion — there is no repressing, but it naturally harbors emotion inside) can masquerade as Fi when it really isn’t."

Thus, I have realized that I might be an Fe user because even though I repress my emotions I still long to talk to somebody about it.

If you consider my functions being: Ti Fe Ne Si. I am either an ISFJ or and INTP.

I'll look a bit further into these two types and give you my opinions.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah. That is the conclusion I came to. The question is whether Einstein or Robert E. Lee. I'll post quotes by the two and we'll see which you relate to more.

1. "Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret."

2. "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

Funny things you learn about people with a simple Google search. Lee was the only person to go through West Point without ever receiving a demerit at that point. Completely irrelevant, but I love learning about historical people. Civil War General of the Day

To be fair, I'll post a bio about Einstein.
Einstein biography

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah. That is the conclusion I came to. The question is whether Einstein or Robert E. Lee. I'll post quotes by the two and we'll see which you relate to more.

1. "Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret."

2. "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

Funny things you learn about people with a simple Google search. Lee was the only person to go through West Point without ever receiving a demerit at that point. Completely irrelevant, but I love learning about historical people. Civil War General of the Day

To be fair, I'll post a bio about Einstein.
Einstein biography

Hey! I was doubting my cognitive functions yet again today...and then I realized that's probably what an Ne user might do often. So I decided to stick to those four functions (Ti Si Fe Ne) even though my mind is telling me "Nope, there is something missing...this doesn't feel right...."

I have a few questions if you don't mind answering , it will help me figure out ISFJ or INTP. Here goes:

Are all INTPs into physcis and math?
Can INTPs not be smart?
Are all ISFJs religious?
Can I be an ISFJ/INTP if I tend to avoid responsibilities?
Which out of the two is the type most likely to avoid getting close to people?
Which out of the two is the most whimsical?
Which out of the two are most likely to not follow any schedule because they hate routine?
Which of the two fears aggression a lot?
Which type of the two often puts up masks to hide their emotions/thoughts from the world?

I know these are a lot...but they'd really help me. Thanks!