User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    ISTP or ISTJ. Decided to actually read the thread for once. Don't know how suggestable ISTJ would be. But yeah this guy's indecision is on par with my indecision. That's pretty indecisive. Now my question for more info, because obviously I don't know why, is why? And he seems to have a misconception with Fi. Fi is having all of the normal feelings one would have, but making them ten times more ambiguous. On a scale of indecisiveness, I'd say INTP would be more decisive because they'd think logically. Although I still think they would be hung up on the basic questions of favorites. Probably. I'm like all the colors are nice, except pink, orange and green.

I see this questioning in this guy quite easily. Hence why he isn't SP, and why I said INFP on my first try. To confirm, I'll need info about his indecisiveness and how typical for it is for him to do it. He's said it many times. He seems like an INFP, but could be ISFJ, INTP, probably not ISTJ.
    Indecisiveness

I am indecisive. Maybe it’s because I can’t decide between things that really wouldn’t affect me. I can’t pick one career path because I am see myself comfortable in any role. At restaurants, I can’t decide what I want to eat because I just can’t decide. It annoys my father who is extremely decisive. I’d rather not make decisions or call the shots.

Decisiveness

There are few things in life I am sure about:
    • I am never going to have kids – I did plenty of research on the topic and have concluded I am never going to have children. There is no reason to have them anyways and I’d rather not be responsible for a person’s life.
    • I am never going to get married – too much heartbreaks. I cant stand the fact that even if I do everything right there is still a huge chance something will go wrong

The Future

I don’t know what I want to be or where I want to go but I have little statements (like the ones above) that will ensure I am atleast in control of my life to some extent

Emotions

I seem to get very emotional suddenly. Like I’ll be sitting in class having an overall good day and then BAM! I’ll start to get really sad and emotional. I’ll be at the point of crying in front of everyone.But I’ll suppress it. And I suppress my emotions a lot because I have an inability to cry in public or even in front of my family. I don’t think they’ve ever seen me cry. I am only going to share my emotions with a few people who truly know me.

Secretive

I am extremely secretive. There are so many things my parents/friends/family/classmates don’t know about me. I am not reckless although I find it very attractive when other people are reckless.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

So, how does ISFJ look? ISFJs procrastinate as well, and I don't relate to your strong emotions. Mine are strong, but I control them. Yours are strong, but you said you were about to burst into tears. Expression of emotions is Fe. I don't do that. all the time, except when pretending otherwise. People think I'm T because of it. I know an ISTP, and he's similar to your issues, but also different. While I could see him as doing the same thing you do, I doubt it. He does have similar issues but still overcame them, as I hope you do too. All I can do is hope, and say you have my support.

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1

So, how does ISFJ look? ISFJs procrastinate as well, and I don't relate to your strong emotions. Mine are strong, but I control them. Yours are strong, but you said you were about to burst into tears. Expression of emotions is Fe. I don't do that. all the time, except when pretending otherwise. People think I'm T because of it. I know an ISTP, and he's similar to your issues, but also different. While I could see him as doing the same thing you do, I doubt it. He does have similar issues but still overcame them, as I hope you do too. All I can do is hope, and say you have my support.
    First of all, thank you for your support. It truly means a lot.

Secondly, I was reading about Fi vs Fe and I stumbled on this little gold nugget : http://http://funkymbtifiction.tumbl...o-harbor-their

I could relate to this :

"The primary difference in discovering Fe is that although it may repress its feelings and hide from them to some extent, either to avoid dealing with them itself or to avoid not burdening others with emotion, it will, with a bit of prodding from others, be willing to open up and talk about how it feels. Fe often needs to express itself emotionally in order to understand what it is feeling and get validation from others that it is okay to feel this way. Repressing it is instinctive, because an introvert only trusts a small circle of friends with their private life and feelings; so an introverted Fe user might be uncomfortable with too much emotion in someone else, the same as a Fi-user might find a display of overt emotionality discomforting. For introverts too much “out there, for the world to see” behavior, emotional or otherwise, is very uncomfortable and awkward for them. So someone repressing their feelings (the very act of repression is somewhat indicative of Fe, because Fi has to force itself to externalize emotion — there is no repressing, but it naturally harbors emotion inside) can masquerade as Fi when it really isn’t."

Thus, I have realized that I might be an Fe user because even though I repress my emotions I still long to talk to somebody about it.

If you consider my functions being: Ti Fe Ne Si. I am either an ISFJ or and INTP.

I'll look a bit further into these two types and give you my opinions.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Yeah. That is the conclusion I came to. The question is whether Einstein or Robert E. Lee. I'll post quotes by the two and we'll see which you relate to more.

1. "Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret."

2. "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

Funny things you learn about people with a simple Google search. Lee was the only person to go through West Point without ever receiving a demerit at that point. Completely irrelevant, but I love learning about historical people. Civil War General of the Day

To be fair, I'll post a bio about Einstein.
    Einstein biography

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1

Yeah. That is the conclusion I came to. The question is whether Einstein or Robert E. Lee. I'll post quotes by the two and we'll see which you relate to more.

1. "Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret."

2. "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

Funny things you learn about people with a simple Google search. Lee was the only person to go through West Point without ever receiving a demerit at that point. Completely irrelevant, but I love learning about historical people. Civil War General of the Day

To be fair, I'll post a bio about Einstein.
    Einstein biography
    Hey! I was doubting my cognitive functions yet again today...and then I realized that's probably what an Ne user might do often. So I decided to stick to those four functions (Ti Si Fe Ne) even though my mind is telling me "Nope, there is something missing...this doesn't feel right...."

I have a few questions if you don't mind answering , it will help me figure out ISFJ or INTP. Here goes:

Are all INTPs into physcis and math?
    Can INTPs not be smart?
    Are all ISFJs religious?
    Can I be an ISFJ/INTP if I tend to avoid responsibilities?
    Which out of the two is the type most likely to avoid getting close to people?
    Which out of the two is the most whimsical?
    Which out of the two are most likely to not follow any schedule because they hate routine?
    Which of the two fears aggression a lot?
    Which type of the two often puts up masks to hide their emotions/thoughts from the world?

I know these are a lot...but they'd really help me. Thanks!