User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 35

  1. #11
    Member agspath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    ISTP. Alternatively INTP, and also possible but unlikely, ENTP.

    I wrote a long justification for that, but meanwhile the site logged me out and it was lost, lol.

    If you're ISTP, you'll probably be happy to do without the long justification anyway.

    Basically, though, you give off the independent, neutral feel of an IxTP, and I think I see Se over Ne, so ISTP.
    I know you are going to dread doing this, but I actually want the long justification. I tend to reconsider my type a lot, so it'd help me if I saw the justification and your reasoning for typing me as an ISTP. Meanwhile, I'll go and read a couple descriptions of ISTP, INTP, AND ENTP...

  2. #12
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agspath View Post
    I know you are going to dread doing this, but I actually want the long justification. I tend to reconsider my type a lot, so it'd help me if I saw the justification and your reasoning for typing me as an ISTP. Meanwhile, I'll go and read a couple descriptions of ISTP, INTP, AND ENTP...
    Well, you don't identify as particularly feminine; not to stereotype, but that puts you into T over F right away.

    You knew you were a P already.

    Your behavior is unsocial as you explained, but not aggressively so. That seems I, and puts us as IxTP. The neutral feel is a reinforcer, as it fits with IxTP.

    In choosing ISTP vs. INTP, note that INTP is an Ne dom whereas ISTP is an Se dom.

    In your post, you seemed 'stuck' on what things around you looked like. You had nothing on your mind to talk about, so you started talking about the objects around you, branching off into other things, and then using appearances again as a seguay into other topics. That's a very Se way of talking.

    Se is just seeing what is around you, perceiving and observing directly. In that sense, the Se user's 'world' is what they see around them at the moment. You would only be aux for Se, but still, that's your extraverted function, so it is your primary way of taking in information.

    Finally, you quit posting when you ran out of stuff to say, which was basically after you finished naming things in the room plus the other things the stuff in the room reminded you of.

    An INTP, as an Ne dom, by contrast has little connection to their environment. If you see them post, it is generally about philosophy or detailed systems or something; you are a Ti dom too so you would build systems in much the same way, but the difference is that they might talk of nothing else because their attention is on what 'isnt' there', so to speak, whereas Se is focused on what 'is' there.

    You also talked of wanting to experience the world; that's an SP stereotype. And if you are SP, you definitely aren't one of the ExSPs, so that leads back to ISTP or ISFP. ISFPs are very unobjective because they are dom Fi; you seem neutral and objective and Ti-ish, not like an Fi user at all. And you never talked at all about connections with others or anything like that, which makes sense if you are ISTP or INTP because they have Fe inferior.

    So, if you are IxTP you have probably experienced so-called hyper-emotionalism perhaps in the form of outbursts of anger, or a 'martyrdom' complex where you think people are victimizing you. IxTP don't use emotions for decisionmaking, like to be independent, don't want to be told what to do, but at the same time aren't 'big' people compared to ExTPs.

    For the reasons I outlined, ISTP seems more likely than INTP.

    And those are about two-thirds of my reasons; I have to get on to other stuff now, but follow my reasoning and 'troubleshoot' what I said to justify each function, and if you agree, then ISTP should be your conclusion.
    Formerly Lion4!5

  3. #13
    The Typing Tabby grey_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    @agspath --
    From your post #7 , and those answers in post #9 , you tend to strike me as INFP. But I'm well-known as biased in that regard.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

    Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    [Socionics Typing]

    There are 4 basic, unrefined types of people.

    There are those who do, who participate, who are always taking action.
    There are those who engage, who do only what they desire or whatever is on their mind.
    There are those who clarify and sort, who establish stability.
    There are those who adapt, who maneuver and go-with-the-flow.

    Which of these do you embody the most? Each person exists on a spectrum with these, but which is your general temperament?

    When you answer this, we can narrow it down further.

    -------------------------------------------------
    [Of suspected INTJ] She had this solid, indisputable plan for her life mapped out to the last detail. She knew who she wanted to be, what she wanted to do, who she was, and even where she would spend that last days of her life.
    Sounds more like a very capable individual belonging to the LSI personality and phobic avoidance of . The Logical Intuitive Introverts do not wield that kind of certainty. That is certainty. "I will make it so". LSI is the most common personality for people who do that, and I've seen countless examples of LSIs exhibiting that behavior in order to avoid . [In MBTI terms, you'd be looking at an ISTx]

  5. #15
    Member agspath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    [Socionics Typing]

    There are 4 basic, unrefined types of people.

    There are those who do, who participate, who are always taking action.
    There are those who engage, who do only what they desire or whatever is on their mind.
    There are those who clarify and sort, who establish stability.
    There are those who adapt, who maneuver and go-with-the-flow.

    Which of these do you embody the most? Each person exists on a spectrum with these, but which is your general temperament?

    When you answer this, we can narrow it down further.

    -------------------------------------------------

    Sounds more like a very capable individual belonging to the LSI personality and phobic avoidance of . The Logical Intuitive Introverts do not wield that kind of certainty. That is certainty. "I will make it so". LSI is the most common personality for people who do that, and I've seen countless examples of LSIs exhibiting that behavior in order to avoid . [In MBTI terms, you'd be looking at an ISTx]
    I am caught between There are those who engage, who do only what they desire or whatever is on their mind. and There are those who adapt, who maneuver and go-with-the-flow.
    I think I lean more towards the latter than the former.

    I think it'd help if you could provide me with examples or refined descriptions to help me finalize my decision as to which temperament I fall into.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agspath View Post
    I am caught between There are those who engage, who do only what they desire or whatever is on their mind. and There are those who adapt, who maneuver and go-with-the-flow.
    I think I lean more towards the latter than the former.

    I think it'd help if you could provide me with examples or refined descriptions to help me finalize my decision as to which temperament I fall into.
    Refining between those two:

    I do what I want, I do what I feel like doing, I do whatever is on my mind. I am the person who will strive and put power behind anything I want to do but at the same time I am the one who can't do what I don't want to do. I move quickly like in leaps or bounds, constantly redirecting my attention in one direction only to pivot around just as forcefully to the next direction. [Staccato Power]

    I mold to my environment. Whatever happens around me, I fluidly maneuver myself into a favorable position, almost like a raft easing out of the way of rock on a winding river. I generally try to accomplish all things with little effort, and prefer to remain a spectator to situations. I follow suit, I change with the wind, not of my own volition. Wherever the winds take me is where I go, smoothly going-with-the-flow. [Fluid, Pulled]

    The difference between the two is that one is full of energy, willpower, and direction while the other is more adrift and following the present current to favorable ends.

    If you still have trouble understanding the difference, here's an analogy. [under the context of being in the middle of an ocean with many islands scattered about]

    The first temperament would prefer a boat with oars, so that they can control the direction they are heading. They want to be able to have the power to do whatever it is they want. If they want to go to that island, they can paddle over there and check it out. If they want to keep going and see what else lays around the bend, they can do that as well. If they want to go against a current, they can fight it with the oars.

    The second temperament would prefer a boat with sails, so that they can be guided in a general direction to wherever the current or winds takes them. They want to simply take as little action as possible and smoothly reach a destination, almost as if fate or reality delivers them to their next location.

  7. #17
    Member agspath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Refining between those two:

    I do what I want, I do what I feel like doing, I do whatever is on my mind. I am the person who will strive and put power behind anything I want to do but at the same time I am the one who can't do what I don't want to do. I move quickly like in leaps or bounds, constantly redirecting my attention in one direction only to pivot around just as forcefully to the next direction. [Staccato Power]

    I mold to my environment. Whatever happens around me, I fluidly maneuver myself into a favorable position, almost like a raft easing out of the way of rock on a winding river. I generally try to accomplish all things with little effort, and prefer to remain a spectator to situations. I follow suit, I change with the wind, not of my own volition. Wherever the winds take me is where I go, smoothly going-with-the-flow. [Fluid, Pulled]

    The difference between the two is that one is full of energy, willpower, and direction while the other is more adrift and following the present current to favorable ends.

    If you still have trouble understanding the difference, here's an analogy. [under the context of being in the middle of an ocean with many islands scattered about]

    The first temperament would prefer a boat with oars, so that they can control the direction they are heading. They want to be able to have the power to do whatever it is they want. If they want to go to that island, they can paddle over there and check it out. If they want to keep going and see what else lays around the bend, they can do that as well. If they want to go against a current, they can fight it with the oars.

    The second temperament would prefer a boat with sails, so that they can be guided in a general direction to wherever the current or winds takes them. They want to simply take as little action as possible and smoothly reach a destination, almost as if fate or reality delivers them to their next location.
    Thanks! That makes things a lot more clear. I prefer There are those who adapt, who maneuver and go-with-the-flow Temperament.

  8. #18
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    The way you started that text, where you mention that you can't quite think of what to say, and then start mentioning books you're reading and just go along with that - seems like something I would write under similar circumstances.

    So, could be ISTJ?

    The main thing that strikes me as not-like-me is your apparent enthusiasm.

  9. #19
    Member agspath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    The way you started that text, where you mention that you can't quite think of what to say, and then start mentioning books you're reading and just go along with that - seems like something I would write under similar circumstances.

    So, could be ISTJ?

    The main thing that strikes me as not-like-me is your apparent enthusiasm.
    So far I have gotten ISTP, INFP, and ISTJ? This goes back to my original question...What type am I ??

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    145

    Default

    INFP. Generally, if you get to page two, then you're not an INTP/ISTP/whatever else the INTPs tell you, but are an INFP.

    The difference between ISTJ and INFP is quite vast. Both share the same functions. A defining characteristic is that ISTJ works incredibly hard. Literally they all seem to live to work. I saw the ISTJ up there, and want to ask if this is true. If not, then boy am I confused.

    I don't see that here, so INFP.

    Whoop! This post finally got INFP on the type style web app I shall use to judge your writing style.

    uClassify | View Classifier

    uClassify | View Classifier

    uClassify | View Classifier

    uClassify | View Classifier

    You got ESFJ. Usually when I'm writing about myself, I get ISFJ. Close enough. Lack of random paragraph breaks is different though.

    Damnit, the last statement flipped it all around to ISFJ.

Similar Threads

  1. Can You Help Type Me. Please.
    By Mayflower in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-28-2016, 09:22 AM
  2. Can you help type me?
    By DreDay in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2015, 09:22 PM
  3. Can anyone help type me?? It would be appreciated
    By Chakram in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-18-2015, 07:54 PM
  4. 17 female possible INTP; could you help type me?
    By Trap-princess in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2014, 11:10 PM
  5. Completely lost! Can you help type me
    By rebecca in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 11:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO