I saw this questionnaire and figured I'd fill it out. Maybe someone can give me some ideas.
Self-Preservation (Need to protect and preserve)
1. Do you tend to save money and are cautious about spending it?
I'm not cautious about spending money but I do like to save up money and have a lot of it.. mostly just so I can spend it on big splurges though.
2. Are you security oriented? Ready to protect yourself, those close to you and your resources?
I've very protective of my resources. I'm not protective of other people too much.. nor of myself either. I'm not really a 'cautious' type.
3. Are you fairly consistent? Like things known and regular? No big changes?
I like a good mix of consistency and change. They tend to come in waves for me. Some routine, some huge change.. too much of the same thing is boring.
4. Do you dislike taking big risks unless it's a "sure" thing?
Sometimes. But I can be pretty reckless.
5. Are you fairly private? Not revealing too much to strangers?
I'm definitely extremely private. I rarely indulge anything to anyone.
6. Do you tend to be introverted?
Yes. I'm not a people person.
7. Do you understand money? Securities? Investments?
More or less.
8. Do you tend to plan for the future? Ready for emergencies?
I like to plan for the future but only generalities. I prefer to be spontaneous and take things as they come.
9. Are you concerned about health? Safety? Comfort? Home? Hearth?
I like staying in shape, I like maintaining a minimum healthy diet, I like nice things at home.
10. Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios?
No, hardly ever. I'm very positive and tend to see negative situations as experiences to be learned from as they happen and also interesting in their own way.
11. Do you like things spelled out? Details? Exact information? Guarantees?
Definitely. I like things to be defined so I have a solid understanding of things. Guarantees are good but I don't care about them so much.
12. In relationships do you take care of others financially?
No, only my mother because I feel I have a responsibility to her. Other people (even others close to me) can pay for themselves.
Social (Need for Social Validation) - Can show up with strong focus on groups, organizations, family, world, friends, your surroundings, your social image
1. Do you need or really like social validation?
Social validation is and it isn't important to me. On one hand I really like it when people admire me, on the other hand I don't need admiration because I believe in myself more than anything and I think that's more important.
2. Is social image important to you?
It's important to me when I want to get somewhere, like in a career or something. I like to maintain a basic level of social acceptableness too.
3. Do you have desires/fantasies of being rewarded in a social or public arena?
Definitely. I've always had this dream of being famous and having everyone recognise me and my achievements.
4. Do you think about your affect on others, groups, organizations, and the world?
Yes, because I want people to respond to me in a way that will get me where I want to be, and also because I'm acutely aware that everything I do changes the world in some way, even if it's just a tiny thing.
5. Is it very important to you to look good in public, groups, work, and the world? Is name recognition important, either yours or others?
To a certain extent, yes.
6. Are you upset if you don't get enough validation, reward for the hard and creative work you do in a social context or for a social cause?
No, because I give myself my own validation, so I'm not dependent on other people's praise.
7. Are you involved in groups, organizations and team oriented activities?
I'm very involved in spiritual circles.. I also want to join a swim club but I'm not good enough yet. If I had more money I'd join a martial arts and fencing club too.
8. Is belonging to special groups or being a leader of a group important to you?
Belonging to special groups doesn't make me feel anything one way or the other.. being a leader is something I've envisioned a few times, though it hasn't had chance to happen yet.
9. Are you strongly upset if you feel not included or rejected by a group or family or not invited to a social event?
Yes actually.. if it's an event I'm interested in anyway.
10. Do you make your money through your association with groups affecting a large number of people?
I'd like to.
11. Do you get really upset if you make a social faux pas? Do you think about and plan out how you will be or present yourself in public?
I don't really get upset. But I will plan how I will be. For example today I had a new job trial and in my head for almost the entire morning I was repeating to myself over and over again "be friendly, smile, be confident, project myself", ect.
12. Are you the social instigator and connector in your family?
No, definitely not, lol.
Relationship (Need for 1 to 1 or Relationship Closeness)
1. Do you define yourself through a romantic or close partnership? Is closeness with another person of paramount importance?
No, not of any importance at all.
2. Do you like intense energy, particularly in relating to people? Are you energized when you have a revealing conversation or engagement with another, particularly a special other?
I love intense encounters with people.. though I'm not interested in having a special other (I'm asexual/aromantic) I do love intense encounters.
3. Do you tend to focus more attention on close relationships than money?
4. Does money relate to how a partner will see you more than security for yourself?
No. I want money to go adventuring and to give to my mother and also to spend for myself.
5. Are money and resources less for self and more to please an intimate other?
Well, I care a lot about my mother, and if I could I'd buy her the world.. it's the one thing that drives me to make money, for her.
6. Does your attention go more to how well you relate to a partner or potential partner than to other concerns?
No. My attention is more on "how do I progress in life".
7. Would others describe you as dramatic? Do you like to go deep with things?
I'm not very dramatic, and I wouldn't call myself particularly deep, though others do actually seem to think I am.
8. Do you tend to be in the moment and not think as much about the future or your future security?
I'm very in the moment. Like, extremely. I like to plan my future, but only so I can have more intense 'in the moment' experiences.
9. Do you have an urge to merge? Do you "lose yourself" with an important other at times?
No. I don't like 'merging' with anyone. I don't like feeling 'not myself'.
10. Do you like risk taking? New experiences? Tend to get bored without enough stimulation particularly in the area of relationships?
So much, like seriously. Though not in the realm of relationships, I need a lot of stimulation and am always searching for it.
11. Are you focused more on connection with another and forget your own priorities?
No, I'm more concerned on my own priorities.
12. Do you focus a lot on sexuality, romantic fantasies or mystical spiritual experiences?
Mystical spiritual experiences, yes. I'm what you could call a mystical or spiritual person. I enjoy my spiritual experiences.