• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unclear personality type, thoughts? (Rather Long, sorry).

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Sorry if I'm a little premature here by asking to have my personality type identified before making an introduction.
This is also a rather long questionnaire and therefore I've bolded certain things for those who wishes to only read that.
Thanks for your support!

Also: I believe my socionics is EII (INFj) which was rather accurate to me and my ennegream a 5w4.

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?

I've been studying MBTI since early summer 2014, after one of my online friends sent me a link to a personality test. I've been doubting myself over and over and always found reasons to why I fit in a specific group just to find reasons to why I don't fit in. In short, I've been considering INFJ, INFP, INTP and ISTJ. For the longest of periods I identified as an INFP, and I could honestly relate to the cognitive functions' descriptions. But, I couldn't identify with the general description of an INFP. I wondered whether I was a feeling oritented INTP or a more logical INFP but came to the conclusion that I don't use Ti nor Fe but Fi and Te (Excluding INFJ aswell). I'm also inclined to believe I've Ne and Si in my stack, a strong enough Te and Si to consider ISTJ. But I seconded that conclusion due to my impracticality and having discussed with other people, identifying as an ISTJ. Therefore, what's left is the INFP option for me. I've read a lot of different descriptions about INFP's, worse or better, More identifying ones and less identifying ones. Which one is accurate is the problem, if X description says one thing and Y description another, I'm not willing to trust one completely and disregard the other but instead find which one that truely is accurate.

I believe that age, culture and gender are all important factors in identifying ones personality type.
Therefore, something that shouldn't be overlooked is that I'm a 16 years old male from Finland, soon to turn 17.

What all descriptions tends to have in common is that the Inferior function seems to usually be developed firstly in midlife and that the teritary function aswell isn't developing quickly. This collides with my age, assuming I've an INFP personaliy type.

Cogntive Functions test:

Keys2cognition: - Likely an INFP, followed by ENFP or ISTJ.

Similarminds: - Unclear personality type.

Cognitive Quiz: ISFP, followed by ENTJ or INTJ

What does does those 3 Cognitive Tests tell us?
Assuming they're accurate, I clearly have a preference for Fi, Si, Te, Ni, Ti, Ne, Se, Fe in order.

INFP - Fi (Undoubtfully the strongest), Ne (Weaker half), Si (Second strongest function), Te (Third strongest function).
ISTJ - Si (2nd strongest function), Te (3rd strongest function), Fi (Undoubtfully strongest function), Ne (Weaker half).
INTJ - Ni ((4th strongest function), Te (3rd strongest function), Fi (Undoubtfully strongest function), Se (Weaker half).
ISFP - Fi (Undoubtfully the strongest), Se (Weaker half), Ni (4th strongest function), Te (3rd strongest function).
INTP - Ti (Weaker Half), Ne (Weaker half), Si (secons strongest function), Fe (Weaker half).
INFJ - Ni (4th strongest function), Fe (Weaker half), Ti (Weaker half), Se (Weaker half).
I consider myself rather logical when it comes to decision making, therefore I considered an INTP. But the functions doesn't sound like the ones I use. I went back to INFP, but the description in general doesn't sound like me, although the congitive functions does. I considered ISTJ, but due to various reasons I believe I'm not that either.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).

Assuming I've nothing to do, Emotionally I don't really feel anything. What I say is "I'm bored" and await for the next day to start, so I can participate in school to have something to distract myself with. Mentally I may distract myself by thinking about various things, such as god, movies, being the protagonist in a serie. E.g. what'd happen if a Death Note fell into my hands, what'd I do with it?

2. Describe yourself--
[B]a. What's it like to be you?[/B]I don't talk a lot, but when I do I speak louder than most people who usually only whispers so I can't even hear them. I like the humanitarians such as Religion, History, Social Science, Health Science, Philosophy but dislike the general Science, such as Physics, Chemistry and Math. Lets compare Physics, Chemistry and Math for a second with a car. When you press the pedal, what happens? What I want to know is the following: It moves. What Physics, Chemistry, Math and the likings what to know is why it moves. What is it connected to? I don't care about that, I want the facts why it moves, not the reasons why it moves which are on a more deeper level. Therefore, hard-science is clearly a weakness of mine. But, I'm not uncapable of doing it. In fact although I judge it as a weakness of mine, I usually score a B in Math. It's just that I prefer doing it by a step-by-step method such as Step 1: do X, Step 2: Do Y.
I'm very self-absorbed, in fact I at times consider myself the midpoint of the world. That I'm the Sun and that the earth is circulating around me. I'll justfiy this example by saying "Why would I care if the world is ongoing if I am to die?" - "Why'd It matter if everyone would live happily if I were to live unhappy?". I'm highly theoretical, too theoretical that it comes at the cost that I'm not practical at all. I've difficulties remembering places, how to get to certain areas even by map, how to build something by a map, and how to use hand-on-hand in general. I'm a religious person, evangelian-lutheran (christian) to be accurate. I've strong values that I hold onto, some related to my faith while others' come elsewhere. I enjoy thinking out of the box games, such as the classic Mafia Game and I can't understand why some people fail to notice the obvious. I do not like conflicts, especially physical conflicts. But although I said I don't like conflicts, I'm very good at arguing if it comes down to it and may even verbally find the critical spots. I've one of the biggest "I don't give 0.02 cent" personality ever. If I hear something like "Hey, do you know XXXX did that and that... How could he?" I personally don't care. I may find it curious to discover more about it if it interested me, but I personally don't care at all as long as it has nothing to do with me. Another example would be that if someone does something, and people asks "Why are you playing that... why are you eating / drinking that....?" I don't care, in fact I try to figure out why those people feel the need to critisize someone elses behaviour to begin with when it has nothing to do with them at all. One could also say that I'm "Social Rebelling" by not dressing appropriate. Excluding the weekend parties with alcohole etc (I never visit them, and I never will) but instead the more "School christmas parties" - Everyone dress up greatly and I just come like it wouldn't be anything remarkable with such a day.

b. What have others said about you? Some have said "You're the most boring person I've ever met" because I refused to visit a school disco. Another have said "Omg, where have you been?`Have you been living under a rock?" When I failed to recognize the name of certain artists and their so called top hits. Those are 2 classical quotes, but other opinions on me have been that either do people like me or dislike me. I easily see through facades and therefore I've entered arguements, even physical fights with people I couldn't stand. They likewise, couldn't stand me because I saw through their facade. On the other hand, I'm very kind and I rarely apply cold-logic to people, unless with the intention to hurt someone when I'm angered. Then later, if it wouldn't be one of those fake people but someone I know more or less for the better, I feel like I've been a jerk towards them. People also get the impression that I'm a better person than I am. I too have my weaknesses, I too have hurt people. Though that is a side few people would know I have, unless witnessing my claws personally.

c. What do you think of yourself? I like myself just the way I am and I'd not like to change anything about me. But I'd like to be on the right path to avoid doing hurtful and evil things, but to try to be good towards everyone.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one. Some issues would be what I already mentioned, being a loner against several others'. This refers to the fights where I saw through their facades and as I opposed them, it escalated both verbally, but mostly physically. And I was always the scapegoat in the other people's eyes, inclusive the teachers'. Their point of view was "Why do you always get in fight with people? Why is it that everyone is against you? It can only mean that you're the one at fault." I always felt different from most people and I eventually ended up distracting myself on the internet, especially after entering the teenage. I've been speculating about various self-made phrases and one would be "I feel like an old soul surrounded by young ones". Anyhow, back on-topic. As I've learnt that my opinion isn't always welcome, life has been a lot easier on me and this issue has been solved by the next stadium I've entered, in fact I don't have issues with any teachers', I'd even say that I'm one of their favourite students. One may say that I feel more connected to older people than the ones my age or younger.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt? I'm not athletic at all. I'm non-technical (In fact I dislike modern technic) and impractical with hands-on-hand work. I've no orientation sense, so I easily get lost. I'm not good with hard-science. I'm also especially lazy, unless I'm stimulated to do it. If stimulated, I can be the a perfectionist. I'm bad at making hasty, accurate judgements. E.g.when playing chess.

b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop? I'd like to be better when it comes to taking hasty actions. I usually am rather laid back, overthinking things or not thinking at all due to overthinking things tend to exaust me.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you? The more close I get to people, the less at ease I feel. I like friends, especially companionable friends in silence. But due to my differences (Being an Introvert, surrounded by Extroverts) and the consequences that I do not engage socially with them as much as they would have wanted, they found other friends. Another thing is also that people I do not like gets to close to the ones I like. At that stage, I didn't feel for fighting about my friends, but turning around instead.

6. Which types do you identify with most? INFP, INTP (ISTJ)
a. How do you relate to these types?

I can't say whether my description now is accurate, I've read so many descriptions and I know exactly which ones that fits me, but I do not seem to remember the details. Quoting from a quiz: "The ability to intuitively know and understand something without consciously putting it into words." applies to me very well.

INFP: I've a strong value system that I consider important. And I'd support my values even if the world would be against them. I'm good at putting myself in others' persons shoes, seeing the perspective from their perspective and from there on figuring out what I'd do. I value knowledge but I consider myself a wise person rather than a smart person. I ask myself "What is knowledge without wisdom? It knows neither good nor bad, yet it's used for both" and what I seek is to be true to myself, to always to do the right thing. When I'm angered (Although it takes me quite a while to become angered) I become a bossy insensitive jerk, just like the negative version of an ESTJ which is displayed. I genuinely care for people or not caring for them at all.

INTP: I value knowledge, even in subjects I don't enjoy such as the science. Yet I always try to learn as much as I can about everything. I can have open ten pages at a time and when reading one thing, I suddenly find something completely off-topic, leading me to spend hours on the wikipedia reading something completely off-topic. I'm very impartial even to my closest friends and although I try to consider how I best tell the truth to people even when hurtful, it's truth and honesty above everything.

ISTJ: I'm a very conservative person and I do not like to change what I'm accustomed to. I can even listen to the same song over and over a hundred times (Take form a "Signs you're an ISTJ topic") and find original ways of doing something.

b. How do you NOT relate to them?

INFP: A lot of INFP descriptions says that the INFP excludes logic. I consider my feelings logical, is this the so called Fi-Te bound for an INFP? Anyhow, I do not escape into a fantasy world whatsoever. What I've said is that I burn time by distracting myself, that's true. I play video games, watch anime, think about the world's mysteries or taking a walk in solitude. But I do not escape reality even though I often consider it boring. As explained in another question, I'm one of the more sharp people I myself am wary of, a sign of that is raising the hand on as good as all and any questions asked. Excluding the hard-sciences, of course. I do not day-dream when I'm supposed to take notes, but of course I can space out during the breaks when I got nothing else to do, e.g. imagining what I'd do if something happened, e.g. a Death Note falling from the sky into my hands or myself being the last male alive on the planet. Yes you read right. I'm also a highly conservative person, I do not like change. I prefer the predictable where I feel at ease. Therefore traveling to other places, or engaging with new systems, such as the computerization when all I want is to stick with the pen & paper which I am accustomed to is troublesome. This would indicate a Si, Te bound, but which seems to be developed first later in life for an INFP. Due to that, I mistook myself for an ISTJ and even an INTP. The INFP is also known for struggling to be normal. The classical picture is of an INFP dressed weirdly, which is not me at all. While I mentioned social rebelling, my social rebellion is more in the form of an INTP. Dressed like I always do: Sweater and Trouser. Nothing extraordinary. INFP's are also said to have a rather low self-esteem, while I tend to think to some degree "What do people think of me?" I don't let it affect my grades, my judgement or anything else. Anything that regards me shouldn't be stopped by such trivial matters, though I get the kind of itch feeling without understand why. Am I just lying to myself that I've a good self-esteem, when I in fact have a bad one but manages to overcome it?

INTP: While I value knowledge, I'm not as interested in breaking it down to it's smallest parts, which Ti is. I do not constantly analyze everything as to why I like or dislike something. If I like something it's good enough, I do not need a reason to like something I like or dislike something I dislike. This indicates I use Te instead of Ti. I also strongly believe I use Fi over Fe. I also do not tend to critisize people outwardly unless necessary, to avoid hurting their feelings. And even if this description is wrong as in wrong and that I should be ashamed for even considering such a possibility in case it's wrong, it has been stated that INTP's sees people as "Cars/Things" which isn't like mat at all.

ISTJ: I'm not practical and I do not relate to material goods (Money, clothes, things...) the way sensors does. I also do not like the military and things of that kind.

7. Which types are least like you? No clue to be honest. But when I take the personality tests backwards (Not cognitive function tests) I usually end up as an ESTJ.

a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types. No clue to be honest.
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to? No clue to be honest.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love? Love. While I'd indeed like to find love someday, it has to be someone I consider likeminded. Personally though I do not know what it means to love, for I haven't found it. One could say "I still have my basic needs" but that's the extenth I've for women. I've ideals though, but perhaps it's too idealistic that few reaches its standards. Those ideals though, it isn't anything I reckon conciously but is unconciously judged. Anyhow, as I'd not live my life with merely a "I still have my basic needs" way of life, I've decided to abstain from the choice of finding anyone. If I'm meant to find someone I'll, if not I'm just as fine without finding one. Afterall, I'm more free that way to walk my own path. Assuming I'd find love, sex isn't a prioritation. I'd like a backscrub, someone who holds me and things more similar to that.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

- to strive to become/behave like a good person
- to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause
- to be knowlegeable
- to be "okay", having it together
- to be accomplished and successful
- to be loving and benevolent
- to be a loveable person
- to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative
- to be powerful, strong, unassailable

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

- People have wronged and messed with me
- People have misunderstood my intention.

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

I do not have any core fears. When I was really young I was afraid of the dark and horrors, I always had nightmares about monsters chasing me and I being unable to fight nor escape them. But this fear has gone away. I do also fear failure, as in people entrusting me with something, pressuring me. The more pressure I've, the more likely I am to fail. I do not fear physical violence, but for as long as possible I'd like to avoid it.

Then again, I fear physical thrills, such as forcing myself onto snowboarding down bright hills. No, I'd not go.

This was a rather long questionnaire, sorry for that. But thanks for reading!
If you've any additional questions, please feel free to ask me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are my questions for you, although they come in the form of statements. I'll let you decide on their veracity.

I see a lot of INFP in the OP. I think you also have a strong Si tertiary, which may be part of the conflict you have over deciding your type. This (let's call it) double introversion makes you seem like an oddball to others, first, because you're the "I did it my way" type, and second, because you focus internally for meaning. I'd guess you may come across to others as kind of a "crank" if you were to let your truest feelings known; that is, you could be someone with an agenda that others will find hard to follow, an agenda that is maladaptive and "ornery." And while it is maladaptive, it is to you at least familiar and unchanging, a ground for you to rest your mind on; whereas the external world, especially the world of people, must seem to you to exist in a chaotic flux.

"A lot of INFP descriptions says that the INFP excludes logic. I consider my feelings logical,..." Those INFP description are incorrect. The INFP is exactly logical in the sense that you mean it - the Jungian sense of having an internal value-system that is logical to you because it follows a system of your own devising. But at least it is a system, even if it is personal, and that's why it counts toward being logical.

"INFP's are also said to have a rather low self-esteem,"

Who said this?

'while I tend to think to some degree "What do people think of me?" I don't let it affect my grades, my judgement or anything else. Anything that regards me shouldn't be stopped by such trivial matters, though I get the kind of itch feeling without understand why. Am I just lying to myself that I've a good self-esteem, when I in fact have a bad one but manages to overcome it?'

Your intuition is trying to tell you something, thus the itch feeling. While you seem to be fully integrated, you really are just fooling yourself. However, that has nothing to do with self-esteem which is the reputation a person has with him or herself. Perhaps others can see through your facade. When you learn to stop worrying, that buried fear of having of low self-worth which is how you mirror yourself in the eyes of others, you will become a fully integrated, healthy e-type 6.

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]
Thanks for replying, much appreciated. Below I've given my opinion on your statements.
Are there perhaps any other questions I may answer to provide a more accurate view of what personality type I may have?

These are my questions for you, although they come in the form of statements. I'll let you decide on their veracity.

I see a lot of INFP in the OP. I think you also have a strong Si tertiary, which may be part of the conflict you have over deciding your type.
I also suspect my Si to be rather strong, which is why I had difficulties determining my personality type. But I found it odd to be considered well developed this early in life for me and therefore I perhaps mistook myself for an ISTJ. Do you have any clues why it may be that my Si (Assuming it actually is strongly developed for my age) has been developed to this extenth?

This (let's call it) double introversion makes you seem like an oddball to others, first, because you're the "I did it my way" type, and second, because you focus internally for meaning. I'd guess you may come across to others as kind of a "crank" if you were to let your truest feelings known; that is, you could be someone with an agenda that others will find hard to follow, an agenda that is maladaptive and "ornery." And while it is maladaptive, it is to you at least familiar and unchanging, a ground for you to rest your mind on; whereas the external world, especially the world of people, must seem to you to exist in a chaotic flux.

Spot on! I'm doing things the way I consider it ought to be like, and I may therefore come over as stubborn in some people's eyes because I'm trying to justify the situation to what feels right to me.
People have actually told me "Let it go already" when I stated my opinion. Practical examples would be the correction on my essay and I questioned the judgement as to "Why?" I wasn't given points for that. Even if it'd be just be for +½ a point, I'd question it and that wasn't understandable in some people's eyes, as to why I wasnt' satisfied with what I already had. Another example would be when my schedule was to be changed so it'd fit someone elses better, I was against it for it'd make it worse for me.

Also, I got a lot of points to say about different things as to "Why would I want to come along to that place? it's nothing for me." would kind of make me look like the oddball since everyone elses are overly enthusiastic when it comes to traveling for instance.

"A lot of INFP descriptions says that the INFP excludes logic. I consider my feelings logical,..." Those INFP description are incorrect. The INFP is exactly logical in the sense that you mean it - the Jungian sense of having an internal value-system that is logical to you because it follows a system of your own devising. But at least it is a system, even if it is personal, and that's why it counts toward being logical.

I've seen a lot of INFP's being the way "I got in love with someone on the internet, I shall move to her country and marry her and live happily ever afterwards". When I told him that was practically impossible. Firstly he knows nothing about her and she knows nothing about him. Secondly, it'd be impractical to move far away to somewhere else, leaving everything behind for various reasons. And thirdly, to believe something like that happening only in a fairy tail would happen in reality, No. I considered his thoughts illogical. But he was all like "Why not? I've seen others' do it so why can't I make it happen?". I've also read several INFP topics that some people seems to heavily relate to "Easily fall in love" - "Withdraws into wonderland" - "Uncapable of dealing with the current situations" kind of topical issues and they were nothing like me. Therefore, I once again questioned whether or not I truely am an INFP.

"INFP's are also said to have a rather low self-esteem,"

Who said this?

The INFP's themselves, I can daily see a lot of topics on multiple places (I've been googling youtube, forums, topics, posts...)

'while I tend to think to some degree "What do people think of me?" I don't let it affect my grades, my judgement or anything else. Anything that regards me shouldn't be stopped by such trivial matters, though I get the kind of itch feeling without understand why. Am I just lying to myself that I've a good self-esteem, when I in fact have a bad one but manages to overcome it?'

Your intuition is trying to tell you something, thus the itch feeling. While you seem to be fully integrated, you really are just fooling yourself. However, that has nothing to do with self-esteem which is the reputation a person has with him or herself. Perhaps others can see through your facade. When you learn to stop worrying, that buried fear of having of low self-worth which is how you mirror yourself in the eyes of others, you will become a fully integrated, healthy e-type 6.

Personally I don't believe I'm an e-6 type, but a 5w4. I also wouldn't say I put up a facade, sorry if it came over as that. I'd instead say that I too have my weaknesses for example when it comes to standing infront of a crowd all alone, having the spotlight on me. Such scenarios are uncomfortable for me as I fear failure. However, I do not let such fears affect me, instead I take the bull by the horns and do my best.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for replying, much appreciated. Below I've given my opinion on your statements.
Are there perhaps any other questions I may answer to provide a more accurate view of what personality type I may have?

The quoted material won't come through a reply. But I hope my wrong guesses will help you come to a correct conclusion at least!

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The quoted material won't come through a reply. But I hope my wrong guesses will help you come to a correct conclusion at least!
It'd be possible to have up an additional page though and from there on directly copy paste what I wrote in blue.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't help but derive e6 or even 6w5 from this list:
  • - to strive to become/behave like a good person
  • - to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause
  • - to be knowlegeable
  • - to be "okay", having it together
  • - to be accomplished and successful
  • - to be loving and benevolent
  • - to be a loveable person
  • - to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative
  • - to be powerful, strong, unassailable

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I can't help but derive e6 or even 6w5 from this list:
  • - to strive to become/behave like a good person
  • - to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause
  • - to be knowlegeable
  • - to be "okay", having it together
  • - to be accomplished and successful
  • - to be loving and benevolent
  • - to be a loveable person
  • - to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative
  • - to be powerful, strong, unassailable

This was interesting, I took a test on similarminds and appeared as:

60-questions:

126-Questions

Perhaps I am an e-6 afterall.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This was interesting, I took a test on similarminds and appeared as:

60-questions:

126-Questions

Perhaps I am an e-6 afterall.

I would go with 6w5 for main type and 5w4 for subwing. The level of health measure on those tests are strange. But from those test results, your tritype is 6-9-4 (The Seekers).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I've been doubting myself over and over and always found reasons to why I fit in a specific group just to find reasons to why I don't fit in." That sounds exactly like the 6w5(sw5w4).

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I haven't really been into Ennegream a lot.
I've taken some test to help provide the results of my Myers-Briggs personality type, but I haven't really found a lot of information, especially not the information that explains it more advanced.
Thanks for linking me, that was helpful!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't really been into Ennegream a lot.
I've taken some test to help provide the results of my Myers-Briggs personality type, but I haven't really found a lot of information, especially not the information that explains it more advanced.
Check Google books.

Thanks for linking me, that was helpful!

That's what I'm here for...:dry:

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5

As my interest in Ennegreams began to grow, I read up a little on Type 6. Based on the Quiz and from your typing I'm a Type 6, but somehow this topic's http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram-type-profiles/68692-enneagram-type-6-profile.html description although very detailed doesn't seem to describe me very well.

Although I may fail at typing people, I'm my own's best critic and I can in advance see what I can and can't achieve, what applies and what doesn't apply to me. One can argue that I may try to deny my weak points and only accept my strong points, which would be fooling oneself. However, by objectively judging the type description I reckoned quite a lot of it didn't apply to me.

Walkthrough about some of the E-6 type's descrition down below:

Would you, after reading my comments still assume I'm an E-6 type, and if so w5, (sw 5w4) as stated before, or is there a different impression?
And do you also know some kind of description to better define a 6w5 (sw 5w4) assuming you still type me as that?

------
Other than Enneagram types, any other opinions on my MBTI personality type? Currently INFP with strong tertiary Si has been suggested, but although suggestions (Which are better than nothing) I'd like to know what makes people come to X and Y conclusions, and especially why it's that my Si could have been developed. It's not that I distrust your judgement, but the more opinions the more certain on it I'd feel. Although at times tens of people may say one thing whereas one alone says something, and appears to be right in difference from the tens of others'.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=23444]Gladius[/MENTION] : I agree with Mal you are E6; however, in MBTI I think you are INTJ. You come from Finland; this is a culture that prioritizes social bonds and the good of society more than the Anglo countries, yes?

So I think you are INTJ with high Fi and unrepressed emotion. The lack of Fe, the being misjudged, and the use of Te suggests this to me. The only thing I'm not sure of is Ni. Your wondering about imaginary events sounds like Ni to me; perhaps the tests don't translate into your culture perfectly? But I think INTJ with a pretty high degree of confidence. The fact that you are interested in systems such as MBTI highly raises the probability you are INTJ to begin with.

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
[MENTION=19765]BlackDog[/MENTION]

Thanks for your opinion, much appreciated. I did to some extenth consider INTJ during the beginning, but then the issue lies that the INTJ doesn't use Si, which INFP's use in their tertiary slot, but uses Se as their inferior function. Certainly it could be argued that my Se is weak due to it's Inferior position (Assuming I'm an INTJ) but if so, what happens to my Si now that it's not part of the 4 main functions, but rather a shadow function?

That made me doubt INTJ.

About the Enneagram, seems like you aswell reached the conclusion that I'm an E-6. Thoughts on the wings?

-----
I don't really know if I've anything to mention about the social bounds in Finland. It's true that society on the whole cares about the social bounds of it's people and especially the good of society, I can't deny that. And practically, a lot of people form those Social Bounds. Personally though, I've volunteirly stayed outside the "worldy" events, and therefore I haven't formed any greater bounds with people than necessary. Exceptions would be my cousin or one of my friends.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Consider ISFJ. Let go of Fe/Fi stereotypes. You display heavy Si but identify more with a Feeling type. You relate somewhat to the logical style of the INTP, but not enough to claim it as your type (tertiary Ti?). Many of your statements sound like inferior Ne, with no evidence of Ne in your communication style.

You likely are an enneagram 6, which is more common for ISFJ than INFP.

Socionics INFj is more like the Jungian Si type in many ways than the Jungian Fi type. The description sounds like it could easily be an MBTI ISFJ.

People get too stuck on the functions, which do not exist separate from one another. The overall personality is a combination of many things. I see an Introverted Sensing type with an auxiliary preference for Feeling - that says ISFJ.

FYI, if a person is confused about their type and expresses INFP as a possible option, then they will likely get typed as INFP on this board. People have a heavy bias to type anyone confused about their type as INFP.

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]
Interesting opinion. When I get home I will check up on the ISFJ personality more closely, but for now I've something else to say:

Although you suggested me to let go of the Fe-Fi stereotypes, I feel more prone to Fi-Te than Fe-Ti.
Assuming I've Fe, it means that I've Ti. But Ti style of thinking doesn't sound like me, nor does the Fe style of feeling sound like me.
An ISFJ is different from an ESFJ however, but they still have the 4 same cognitive functions, just in slightly different order.
Although my typing isn't the best, I'm inclined to believe my mother is an ESFJ for various reasons, one would be her generousity that always clash with my beliefs. It kind of feels like I'm the stingy, self-absorbed person who wants to be given, whereas she's the generous, selfless person who wants to give and can't understand why people wouldn't appreaciate her concerns. And since ISFJ and ESFJ both share the same functional stack just in slightly different order, yet I feel like the complete opposite of her, it makes me highly doubt being an ISFJ.

Therefore I've doubted both Ti and Fe possiblities.

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I've read up on the ISFJ profile. I'll do this by copying parts said about the ISFJ and put it either on differences or similarities.
Note: Taken from ISFJ personality | 16Personalities, what's in the parenthesis are "buts" stated by me to explain the statement as to why, and isn't in the text itself.

In the Differences / Non Applying, there's always a But. Or well, in most of it there is a but. But generally speaking IF I interpreted the statements correctly the way the text explained it, I'd put it more on the "Not applying" to me rather than "Applying to me".

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] , who's the author of this topic: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...gnitive-function-analysis-simulatedworld.html has made some interesting statements about the INFP personality type.

I'd like to discuss the following points:

Once home, I'll check more about the profile of Highlander, but especially [MENTION=14179]SolitaryWalker[/MENTION] aswell.
For if this is a developed Si, I'd understand why I came to believe I was a sensing type, and so why others' have typed me as one. But one thing has to be stated: Assuming this and more is all Si (Memorizing the Data of the events and after memorizing it by seeing how others' have done, then being capable of fine-justing it to how I want to be / do the exact same, e.g. when it comes to moderating different kind of people in online communities) then I may have overestimated by Te side. While it isn't weak, it isn't strong either. That's what I believe, for now at least. But as said before, I'll check into that more later.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Idk I don't really relate to any ISTJ descriptions. I don't think it matters if you don't fit it.