Hey everyone, feels good to come back. Great seeing everyone here and the forum still growing. I'm back for more MBTI knowledge and whatnot, but first I might need some help figuring out my type.
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I like to be with friends and party all day and night as long as the vibe is right. Most of the time, however, I'm alone doing my own thing. That confused me whether I'm an intro- or extrovert. When I'm alone, I like to pursue my hobbies in music production and gaming. Gaming is considered to be an introverted activity. But when I play games, I like to just play around and test the limits. I like to get online to play competitively. Also cooperatively, if playing with like-minded individuals. My friends don't play games, so I end up playing by myself or with other online players.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for a lot of things.. food, money, sex, etc. Happiness. Success. Security.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Whenever I fulfill my goals, small or big, I get a sense of achievement, that I'm moving forward with life, not being held back by an obstacle or by being lazy. I felt valuable. I felt like I need to keep living to keep accomplishing these goals until my heart stops beating. But when I'm at home, lazy and procrastinating, then it's a different story.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
My hot temper. I get angry inside, but manage to hold it in and keep my cool.
Being incompetent. Being inactive in life.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I analyze everything. The pros and cons. I check out the data and make the most logical decision. It will hurt me too if others aren't happy with it, but if I see it as the most logical choice, then I will make the decision. I determine its usefulness.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I don't really care about having total control over the project as long as the leader is competent and efficient and flexible. When working on a project, my emphasis is on the end result of the project and how to get there, and whether it will be successful as a product or not.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
My friends and I once hung out all night doing drugs (Ecstasy, Weed, alcohol). Our sober friend would drive us to random places in the city while we were under the influence. We had some intimate 'conversations' with some number of pretty ladies which each had a happy ending. We went to the beach, and I very much enjoyed being at the beach, walking through the sands, while high. Lot more to describe, but you get the idea.
I also had a lot of fun staying at New York City with my ex-girlfriend for a couple weeks. She had a condo there. I flew from Los Angeles to NYC to visit her and others for a couple of weeks. I've never been to a supercity like NYC, so it was a wholly new experience for me. We went out almost every night together, trying out new stuff. A friend happened to be in the area, so we hung out as well.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Trying things out with my own hands. I remember learning computer science. I'd be told that doing this results in that, and doing that results in this. But I wanted to check for something else. What if I do that instead of what you told me? I want to check out the possibilities myself and see how it works. Learn by stimulation.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I try to be organized. I have a small planner that I jot some stuff in, such as deadlines, to-do list, etc. It helps me to reach my goals with some guidance. However, I suck at following through. I am easily distracted. 75% of the time I would disobey what I've written in the planner due to my sponatneous nature.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I'm skeptical of it, but I don't wish to discuss it as it is just an idea, nothing more. Even if the idea sounds cool, I don't see the need to talk about it when it's not even realized. I like ideas that have practical value. But I do enjoy reading about some interesting theories, like Schrondinger's Cat, which I find to be a thought-provoking theory.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I generally find more harmony when I know everyone's okay.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
little bit of both. I prefer group discussions in general as long as I'm with the right people. I don't like one-on-one communication unless it's very important, such as a conversation with my boss (which lets me showcase my employee-of-the-month attitude), an intimate moment with my girlfriend, a business meeting with a co-worker, etc.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I'm jumping before leaping. Actions do speak more than words. Unfortunately, people take words too seriously, so you are forced to lie.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Watch my favorite show. I like to have alone time, being able to do whatever I want.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I'm just generally calm. I procrastinate a lot when I'm stressed out. I engage in leisurely activities.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Things happening around us. The current moment. About each others' lives.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
a number of things:
1. Work on my music
2. Smoke weed
3. Catch up on work.
4. Go out with gf and friends.
5. Clean my apartment and car.