I have taken various online personality test in order to figure out to which MBTI type I belong to, but I always get stuck between INTJ and INTP, and I can't really come up with a definitive conclusion.
I've noticed many people having troubles determining their last dichotomy, still I want to ask for myself
to help you helping me, I'll write a list of thing that make me lean more toward INTJ and a list that leads me more toward INTP.
just a disclaimer: I am not knowledgeable about how I should classificate this traits actually, so I'll just follow my rough ideas
supposedly INTJ characteristics
1)I am often very strict when it comes to time table and habits, even though I'd like to go for a change once in a while.
2) I tend to judge people very easily, creating my own schemes about them, and about what use I could make of them. in fact, most of the interactions I have with other people, even as friend, are based on how useful they could eventually turn out depending on my goals. I am quick to dismiss someone if I feel like he/she's burdening me.
3) I have strong ideals such has truth, consistency,science, progress, and independency, and I prize them a lot, thus loathing those who don't share my opinions on said topics.
4) I often make plans and plot, even actions that may hurt somebody else, to achieve my personal goals, which are the most important thing for me.
5)I like strategy games and planning ahead with a large advance.
6)I refuse acknowledging everything that is illogical, such as feelings, religions, emotions love and such. I've always been proud of myself for not being weak to such things, easily devoiding them.
7) I am very competitive and I want to achieve my goals no matter what.
8) I have high expectations for both myself and the others, often imposing myself and others unreachable standards.
9) I have good leader skills, since I'm able to put many people to work and have them following my guidance, as long as I prove myself smarter than them.
supposedly INTP characteristics:
1) I like speaking and teaching things to people I'm close to, to show off my knowledges and have the chance to speak about them, although most of the times my interlocutors are depressingly not able to keep up with me. still, I take great pleasure out of the situations in which my skills are flat-out better than my interlocutor, as a form of self-rewarding.
2)I have very good linguistic skills, since I have a very high level of mastery of my native language (which is not English) and an overall good level at English. moreover, I'm studying two more languages by myself (japanese and German)
3)I like word-plays, puns and jokes, as long as they make fun out of others. I consider "not malicious" jokes boring, therefore I always take jokes that address me as something personal.
4) even though I don't empathize with them, I can read people like nothing, understanding their temper and using it for my own purposes.
5)I hate maths and overly applicative subjects in general, since I think computers should handle those things, not humans.
6) I don't have a huge ego. I know my limits, and I know that I'm not perfect, and I have little problems dealing with this.
7)I'm not completely inable in social situations. even though I don't feel the need for social or love interactions at all (I could go without them very easily), I enjoy meeting with people and sharing opinoins on relevant matters from time to time.
8) even though I prefer carefull planning, I can improvise well, and this makes me such a good liar
9) I prize knowledge for its intrinsic value, even though I strive to make the most use of it whenever it is possible.
10) I am quite lazy. really lazy. this doesn't mean that I won't get the job done, it's just that I will take a lot of time to do it, and not because I am slow, rather because I get bored very easily if something does not catch my interest.
11) at times, I could seem clumsy, dumb or careless, but this is generally just a social disguise not to be noticed and to mingle in the crowd. deep down I am always analyzing. moreover, if people underrate you, it will be easier to approach them and they will expect less plottings from you
still, I struggle keeping up this mask since I always feel like showing off my cleverness :\
my best apologies for writing such a long papyrus of mostly redudnant things (yeah, I reckon it myself too ), and for not speaking a top-notch English (not a native and not so eager to check every single sentence twice ).
if you feel like you need to ask me anything in order to make a clearer picture, feel free to do so.
thank you in advance =D