User Tag List

First 12

Thread: I need help!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp

@BadOctopus indeed. maybe our function distribution distribution is slightly different and therefore we have a different view of people. to tell the truth, when I read your post I thought that we couldn't just be the same type ( I thought all INTJs were cynical and sarcastic like myself, and most importantly success-driven), but all in all 16 archetypes are certainly not enough to describe the complexity of human brain.
    which is your strongest function?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@teothebest Oh, I'm very cynical and sarcastic. I tend to think the worst of people, and I don't trust anybody. I try to tone it down, but it's something I have to work on all the time. Deep down, I actually think I'm not so much a cynic as a frustrated idealist. I'd like to believe that people are good, but it's difficult when they constantly prove how awful they are.

I am success-driven as well, but in a different way than you might think. I work hard to achieve my goals, but they're not the usual goals, like financial security or the validation of others. I care more about maintaining my integrity, meeting my own set of standards, and having a sense of personal fulfillment. That's my version of success.

And yeah, the MBTI archetypes can be very accurate, but they're not infallible. Not "all INTJs" are exactly alike, any more than all ENFPs or any other type.

My dominant function is introverted iNtuition. What's yours?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp

@BadOctopus
    well, then I don't see your point. how could you possibly be cynic and sarcastic if you hate both puns and lies? I mean, those are fundamentals
    e.g.
    let's say you see a fat woman and you wonder how come she got that fat. if you said something sarcastic like: "hey look at that fatso, she's so big she's gonna be the ninth planet if she keeps getting bigger and bigger!" this statement, besides being ruthless, is both a pun (you liken her to something very big in an unrealistic way) and a lie (it's obvious this is not going to happen).

I distrust people too, and I've given up on believing them since I was a child. bad stuff happened back then and no one but myself helped me, therefore I hold no big ideals that involve people (I do believe in truth, science and other ideals, but none of them infers believing in human beings as such).
    oh, I see. as long as you are content with that honestly, I'd rather not be ruled by someone dumber than me, and that means going A LOT up the ladder.
    I mean, don't you just hate when you have to follow the rules imposed by those who you misregard, just for the sake of keeping up social appearence?

well, I know this isn't stereotypically correct, but it looks like my main function is Te in the end (not Tellurium ), still I can't really imagine myself as an ENTJ, since I have little to no social interactions. maybe it's just that I've been living in the wrong place (let's say I withstand social constraints from my environment), and given the right chance I could change that way..... no, it does not make much sense. it's just me that I have to be weird even among INTJs XD
    speaking of which, I've never met another INTJ in real life (maybe one but I'm still working on confirming that, he could make for a great partner if confirmed, provided that he's interested), and I've never even thought a woman could be so (no offence meant, it's just how the medias depict you women here in my country and the largest part of the western world). so, is it hard to live as a female INTJ?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@teothebest I guess I'm more wry than sarcastic. I have a very dry, deadpan humor that tends to catch people off guard, because I come across as a serious person. And while I'm not offended by sarcasm (in fact, I find it hilarious) I generally don't use it to hurt others... unless I'm very angry with them. I may not like people much, but I don't go out of my way to tear apart their self-esteem. That's not so much a result of my basic nature as the way I was brought up. Mama didn't raise no mean girls.

"I'd rather not be ruled by someone dumber than me." Hahaha! I love it. Wouldn't we all? I figure, as long as they don't make my life harder than it has to be, they can do whatever the hell they want. I'll leave them alone if they leave me alone.

Is it hard to live as a female INTJ? Not sure. I've never known any differently. I suppose it can be vexing sometimes, being a rational, level-headed woman in a world that expects women to be the complete opposite. Many men expect women to be warm and nurturing and emotional, and if they meet a woman who isn't, they label her as a frigid, heartless robot. Yay, stereotypes.

Needless to say, I don't think much of gender roles. I see myself as a person first, and a woman second.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by teothebest View Post
    wait, are you Italian? then what's the point in asking me in English? LOL
    as I am not completely sure though, I will reply in English nevertheless.

exactly. furthermore, I always write down my thoughts in order to remember them, so I guess that's it.

and don't forget about Silvio's wh*res ;D, those girls get quite a lot of money! along with Silvio and his fellows themselves, of course.

ok, I've done quite a few tests (there's no need to post an italian one, I can handle myself :P), and here you are the results

T is my strongest function, with Fe ca. 90-100% and Ti ca. 70-80%
    N is my second strongest function, with Ni ca. 60% and Ne ca. 40%
    S is my third function, with Si ca. 60% and Se ca. Se ca. 10%
    F is my last fuction (what a surprise, I hate F people -.-) with Fi 10% and Fe bordering 0, basically.

the website says I am "unclear". so useful..... at any rate, I trust you are more reliable than a stupid test

well, since we are at it and I never get to talk about such deep matters, I'd like to share a few more thoughts if you don't mind, about my general view of world. maybe that could help out

If I had to describe the world with one world it would be war. war because all animals, us included, are bound to spend their whole life fighting one another to emerge from the dark of mediocrity, to make our way to our righteous place, or even just to make a living.
    we just keep pretending we love each other just because we are afraid of chaos and because we want to pretend we are not alone.
    I was born in a rather "difficult" family, let's say, and I had had to cope with it since I was a child. I had to be an adult at 6 years old, therefore I had to grow a strong sense of logic and analysing in order not to be crushed by life. I've never relied on anyone to make it, and I made it anyway.
    I began thinking about stuff like the meaning of death and life when I all the others we just playing carelessly, as kids are supposed to do.
    People like pretending their are good and friendly, but deep inside everyone seeks nothing but his own happiness, even at the cost of others'.
    the differences in the way we behave are based solely on what kind of happiness we yearn for.

sorry for making such grief statements, but I think one can make many conclusion out of how somebody else views the world.
    I think you are INTJ as well. I would only add that your worldview doesn't necessarily add up to type, though. I had a somewhat similar childhood, and I have the same worldview as you, basically. Only thing is that I think it's depressing that the world is that way; it's disappointing that people are so superficial. The world is a disappointing place.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp

@BadOctopus
    at times, tearing apart someone's self-esteem is necessary to get them doing what you want them to. people with a high self esteem tend not to listen and to believe they are better than others, which is unacceptable. that's why I don't get well along with too extroverted types, they show off too much.
    but if you accept it "as long as they don't make your life harder".... well, this simply can't be true. said person could as well be the president of your country, or someone else on top. I hardly see how their decision don't make your life worse, if they make wrong decisions.
    as I suppose you are American, let me give you a startling example: your country has refused signing the Kyoto protocol, therefore calling out from the strife to protect the world. this choice is very short-sighted and dumb if you ask me, and will influence the whole world eventually.
    I don't like stereotypes in general either, especially those concerning genders..... at times I could come across as more feminist that women, but it's just that I can't stand seeing many of my friends (which are women) bound to be someone they are not.
    btw, do you know your tritype? maybe yours is different.... mine is 5w6-8w7-3w4. just for records