1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I've typed myself as an INTJ for the last year but I've gone through a lot of personality changes in that time and now when I take the tests or talk to others who know about MBTI they suggest I'm xSTJ or ENTJ. I have more desire to experience life and do productive things than to ponder about abstract concepts now, making me wonder if I can really be an Ni dominant anymore.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Right now I yearn to work my way up the social ladder and contribute something useful to the world. I want to do that because I like the feeling of accomplishing things and making process, also I'm very good at organising and think those skills could be used in management.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I can't really say there's been a particular moment in life for me where I felt my finest.. perhaps because right now I feel my finest, and that feeling is increasing all the time. I'm productive and pro-active, bettering myself and hoping to better the world along with it.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I'm not given freedom to do my own thing.. that's probably about it. I dislike that I have to put my own schedule aside for someone else's because theirs is supposedly better.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
When I have to make a decision I go with my gut instinct.. I tend to be quite spontaneous in that regard. But also I will make it based on how it benefits me most. Other people aren't usually taken into consideration, unless I'm ethically unsure about something. Otherwise I make a decision which assures me the most efficiency.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I don't have much experience with group projects so I can only say how I like to be in control of my own projects, in that anything which threatens my autonomy is not taken very well. I can imagine though that in a group I would want everything to happen efficiently, as well as the outcome. I would probably work to make that happen. Cut down on unnecessary wasting of time and energy.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I really enjoy hiking through some of the landscapes where I live. That's a lot of fun to me, being outdoors and enjoying everything around me. It happens less than I would like but I plan to do it some more through travelling. I'd say, I'm very fond of adventuring.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I like to learn it as I go. I don't have much tenacity for studying something for hours on end without practical application, though I'll do it if I have to. But wherever I can I'll likely just learn something as I go about it, through a mixture of experimentation and minimal reading on 'how to'.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Quite organised. I could be more organised in certain areas, but as far as things go I'd say my life is pretty organised.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I think I look for information that supports it. When someone poses a new idea to me I tend to be sceptical of it unless there's hard proof or experiential evidence for it.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Definitely by making sure I follow what I believe and by being myself. I never do things because other people want me to. I'm not a people-pleaser.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
It depends. I can be spontaneously spoken but I can also keep quiet about a lot of things. I'm a rather quiet person in general, because I often don't feel the need to add much into a conversation unless it's focused on how something could be improved. I tend not to enjoy conversations without a purpose and find them mostly meaningless. I think in the scheme of things I'm definitely more of a one-on-one communicator.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I am jumping before leaping. Though I can be reckless sometimes, it happens less than being cautious. I prefer to be spontaneous, but I do tend to think about things a bit before deciding to do something.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I would put it on record and go out with them. I can always watch it later. I like to take things as they come.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I can stay calm for a while but if it really gets on top of me I'll likely explode and scare everyone around me. Doesn't happen that often though.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People who whine about their life and then don't even try to do anything about what they dislike. If you can change it, then shut up and do that, if you can't then shut up and suck it up. There's no point in complaining. You either do something about it or you don't. I also dislike people who have little respect for others and walk all over them whenever they get the chance.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I'm not really that bothered, though I prefer productive conversations. Or conversations where I learn something new.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Other people. I'm very focused on what I'm doing and on what I want that I rarely think about what other people want. I think it makes me a bit self-centered though at the same time I believe that by being my best I'll be in a position to change things for other people for the best.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
I'm perceived as being wise, strong, also arrogant and sometimes demanding. I don't see myself as demanding, though perhaps with the people closest to me I am. But with other people I don't know that well I'm not. I'm called very mature for my age, which I agree with. Something that would likely never be said about me any time soon is something like "oh she's so friendly and loves people".. though I don't hate people, everyone seems to think I do. I just don't have time for them, unless it's to further my own goals. Or unless they're someone close to me I care about.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'd go out somewhere nice, maybe to the beach if it was warm and sunny and do some open water swimming. Also some yachting. I'd go with family/friends and then maybe out for something to eat with them afterwards. Then after that maybe to the cinema to watch a latest release or a club.. that'd be a good day. This is assuming I had the money to waste though.