User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 38 of 38

  1. #31
    literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    It's not hard to figure out that you're an ISTP. It's not even necessary to read the WHOLE THING. You're an ISTP. [OOPS, I meant to type ESTP.]

    The other discussion about limiting post length is ridiculous. Calling it spam is even more ridiculous, because SPAM by definition is unwanted messages from online vendors delivered to recipients who didn't request the information. You are not an online vendor, you are asking for help on your type.
    If I am ESTP, I am a very mellow one, but I have an extreme thirst for knowledge and compulsion to consider the big picture which is not present in other ESTP's I've known. My first year in college I hung out with a lot of ESTPs and I realized I am not like them. I like to think about abstract issues a lot more and am far more introverted. I'm not as "cool" as them, I am more cautious in general, calculated, and self-deprecating.

    I agree about the post length, that was some bizarre shit from silent musings. I always thought he was a cool intelligent guy, don't know what aobut my post pissed him off so much but I am 100% positive it was not the length of it.


    Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can


  2. #32
    literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    How do you tend to approach problems, abstractly or concretely?
    Honestly, both. First concretely, but once I am engaged I get lost in abstract solutions.
    Do you start with details and move towards a larger picture, or do you start with a larger vision and implement details as you go?
    I start big picture and then think about the details and re-evaluate the big picture. If I had to pick I start with the details.
    Do you pay much attention to your current environment and the potentials for action within it, or do you tend to think about what something could turn into rather than what it is?
    Both, but I superficially analyze what as here at first and then think about what the future could hold and then think about what my next actions should be based on that.
    Do you prefer to think in the present, focusing on what can be currently impacted, or do you prefer to think long-range and/or outside a timed context?
    Long range big picture. No doubt.

    What do you find is a more engaging step in the process for you, exploring and sorting through information, starting at the beginning of a problem, or later on when you're locking pieces of information into place as valid/truthful/accurate?
    When I put the pieces together to form the big picture that gives me a ton of mental energy and inspiration.

    Do you more enjoy searching or dissecting? Do you more enjoy pursuing multiple trains of thought/action or delving into different facets of one thing?
    Different facets of one thing.

    What do you think is your most frustrating habit?
    Compulsion. When I get an idea in my head I cant drop and will bug everyone around me with it.

    Off the bat I want to say NP, and maybe sx-last. Maybe so/sp.
    I am not sure about SP, I think I am SX before SP, but you might be right, I'm not very knowledgable about instinct.


    Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can


  3. #33
    literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LION4!5 View Post
    The problem I had with ESTP is that I've never in my life seen an ESTP post more than five sentences in a post. The asexual thing is another problem; it doesn't seem to fit ESTPs I've known at all; just the opposite. I would say that ISTP might be a better bet right now . . .
    @PocketFullOf : Do people sometimes find you intimidating? I mean, not that you are trying to be, but just your sheer force of personality might bowl some people over?
    I agree with you. ISTP fits me better than ESTP, except I know I am extroverted and I am ridiculously obsessed with the big picture. This is the reason I think I am ESFP. Its not because I fit ESFP, its more process of elimination.

    People do find me intimidating, and I am so confused why. I am extroverted but I am a shy, friendly, considerate girl, it is not my intention to intimidate and it bewilders me when I do. Usually after people get familiar with me this never happens again though, its mostly people who first meet me.


    Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can


  4. #34
    literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Darkside and Luna I will respond tomorrow, I just got home and I have to deal with something, I will also make a video Ene's thread tomorrow or very late tonight.


    Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can


  5. #35
    You have a choice! 21%'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    My best guess right now is ESTP, based on the 'vibe' I get from your posts. But I'm usually wrong about these things
    4w5 sp/sx EII
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

  6. #36
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    I agree with you. ISTP fits me better than ESTP, except I know I am extroverted and I am ridiculously obsessed with the big picture. This is the reason I think I am ESFP. Its not because I fit ESFP, its more process of elimination.

    People do find me intimidating, and I am so confused why. I am extroverted but I am a shy, friendly, considerate girl, it is not my intention to intimidate and it bewilders me when I do. Usually after people get familiar with me this never happens again though, its mostly people who first meet me.
    Yeah, bowling people over is usually an EP thing. Sometimes ENTJ (but no way that's you). Actually, a lot of SPs I know identify with big picture; I don't know many ESFPs, but definitely ESTPs and ISTPs like to generalize about specific groups and things like this; I don't think a big picture preference indicates N at all.

    I would say you are definitely S, you say you are definitely E and I agree (bowling people over accidentally seems very E and SP), I would lean toward T over F for you, but if we are doing cognitive functions you seem to identify with Fi (ESTPs don't have it very much) so either one is possible, and I would definitely go with P over J for you.

    You give off a very ESxP vibe; I don't know enough ESFPs (and no female ESFPs) to really say more than this. But it does seem like POE lands you at ESFP.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

  7. #37
    literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LION4!5 View Post
    Yeah, bowling people over is usually an EP thing. Sometimes ENTJ (but no way that's you). Actually, a lot of SPs I know identify with big picture; I don't know many ESFPs, but definitely ESTPs and ISTPs like to generalize about specific groups and things like this; I don't think a big picture preference indicates N at all.

    I would say you are definitely S, you say you are definitely E and I agree (bowling people over accidentally seems very E and SP), I would lean toward T over F for you, but if we are doing cognitive functions you seem to identify with Fi (ESTPs don't have it very much) so either one is possible, and I would definitely go with P over J for you.

    You give off a very ESxP vibe; I don't know enough ESFPs (and no female ESFPs) to really say more than this. But it does seem like POE lands you at ESFP.
    Gotcha. POE points to ESFP in my opinion to, but since it's a negative way of typing rather than positive I wonder how accurately it explains my personality. On the other hand I think negative identification is more accurate than positive, and because I've been trying to use positive identification as do pretty much all online tests, I've been getting ENTP because that's what I seems like I am when I ask myself who I am. I should have been asking myself who I am not instead.

    Do you think this mistake has caused me to misdiagnose my enneagram type as well or does 731 seem right. I think I started to negatively type myself for instinct but my lack of familiarity with the theory makes me a bit uncertain that I am so/sx


    Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can


  8. #38
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    Gotcha. POE points to ESFP in my opinion to, but since it's a negative way of typing rather than positive I wonder how accurately it explains my personality. On the other hand I think negative identification is more accurate than positive, and because I've been trying to use positive identification as do pretty much all online tests, I've been getting ENTP because that's what I seems like I am when I ask myself who I am. I should have been asking myself who I am not instead.

    Do you think this mistake has caused me to misdiagnose my enneagram type as well or does 731 seem right. I think I started to negatively type myself for instinct but my lack of familiarity with the theory makes me a bit uncertain that I am so/sx
    If MBTI grid of sixteen types makes sense to you in your head, and if you can use it in real life, then IMO it is valid. And if that is true, then negative typing is the most accurate. I personally find negative typing to be more accurate because it gets around a lot of the Forer effect (google if interested).

    Enneagram is not something I have studied extensively because it is much harder to type what someone's motivation is than to type the 'machinery' they are executing actions with. And also, oftentimes the deep motivation is less important than other circumstantial motivations that can plainly be read (I want my team to win, I want to have fun, I don't want to get fired from my job, I want to backstab my co-worker so that I can get promoted). Those motivations are usually a lot more useful for predicting people's actions, IMO.

    But let's take cases where someone's deep motivations matter to you more than their circumstantial motivations. That would be family, or maybe a co-worker who you work with extensively.

    With these people, I think that MBTI type can bleed into Enneagram type. For example, it is inconceivable to me that an ISFJ in MBTI could be an Enneagram type 8. But technically these systems are separate, right? So adding Enneagram to MBTI creates a situation where there must be interactions between the two systems, but no one really can say for sure what they are.

    7 is a classic Enneagram type for ESFP. I can't really say a lot more than that. Having an explanation for your deepest motivations is IMO not as useful as a lot of people seem to think. "Deepest" does not equal most important. Human behavior is made up of actions that people do, and usually these actions can be explained without the need to call for deep motives. If they do exist, I think it is more of an influence than a determining factor most of the time.

    Instinctual variants are more useful IMO. That should be a pretty objective thing. Just look at your behavior; either you are group-oriented or you are not. And so on.

    I will say that if you are thinking that you are something, it will come across naturally. If you are always worrying about your ability to manage your contacts in social situations, it means you aren't So. Because it would be natural, it would be your strong point if you were So dominant. Whatever you naturally manage effortlessly is your top. Whatever you dismiss as unimportant, or denigrate, or don't even think of is your bottom.

    At least this is my method.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Help me determine my mbti once and for all??
    By Garab in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2014, 04:43 PM
  2. Radio stations, give them to me!
    By Rail Tracer in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2013, 02:05 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 04:22 PM
  4. Brits! Give it to me straight, What's it like in the U.K?
    By CrystalViolet in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 10:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO