User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 38

  1. #21
    literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaru View Post
    @PocketFullOf I personally don't think that typing someone based on their writing style is correct. Unless it was timed. I usually get typed as Exxx because of my writing style, and if there something I'm sure of is that I am an introvert. I've seen shorter posts that didn't get many comments too. Or they just say oh you are this type without explaining why. Then another comes along saying, no you are this other type and in the end you are more confused than before hahaha.
    I think you'll figure out your type your own. I did.
    Here people should just help you find a direction.

    Do you feel an Extrovert? Why?
    What makes you different from an Introvert?
    What makes F stronger than T?
    Why P over J?
    Besides the detail theory, what makes you feel more like a Sensor?
    That's funny you say that I have a similar problem. My writing style is extremely INTP. I put some writing samples in an MBTI analyzer and my tumblr in one as well 4 of the writing samples and my tumblr came out INTP, another came out INFJ and the last one came out ISTP. So I think I agree with you on the writing style thing...it might give some hints but definitely not a complete picture.

    1) I know I am an extrovert because I gain energy from interacting with people. I like to be alone a lot (the vast majority of the time in fact) but it makes me become extremely low energy, and I feel much better and more alive just by walking out the front door after a long period of isolation. I am the kind of person that is very reluctant to go to parties but in the end never wants to leave. I also find it hard to sleep when it is light, the dark makes me tired (and this has a very strong effect, I think stronger than in most people). I also have a hard time getting to sleep if I know somewhere out there something important or fun is happening and a lot of people are involved. I get fear of missing out big time, and I kind of have to tell myself that there is no reason to feel that way because a) it's not as great as I think it will be b) this will happen again soon (usually - I had to go check out the bars on halloween and it was crazy even though I had a 630 am training session the next day). I am an International Relations major and because of this I have a hard time sleeping when something big is going on somewhere in the world, its just exciting to me...and I am comforted by the fact that people are always awake and doing something somewhere. Closed up streets with no people on them depresses me.

    2) Well all the things listed above definitely make me different from an introvert, although I assume a lot of people who are not familiar with the proper definition of the word would consider me one. My writing style is very introverted and unless I know someone extremely well I am a person of few words, I prefer not to say hi to random people on the street. I take some time to get adjusted to social gatherings and seem awkward at first, particularly if there are people I don't know there or who don't "fit" with me well, and I have a small but close circle of friends rather than a ton of them. I wear an introvert mask for sure, but I am definitely not one. I am more shy than an introvert and I HATE small talk unless I am drunk.

    3)Heres the thing, I always considered myself a strong thinker, it was the only thing I was sure of in my type. Before this I would have typed myself xxtx. Which doesn't make the T look super strong but it was the only one I could put down for sure. Now I realize I am more of an exxx. I always go with the rational and logical decision in the end and I feel very bad if I don't. I force myself not to consider my emotions because I know it is irrational and ultimately not what is best even though I really want to listen to them sometimes. This makes me think I repress my feelings rather than being a true thinker, and this is what the person on PerC told me as well. It's also been suggested that my Fi and Ti are very even and that because of that I can't actually differentiate them. I don't know if that is true. I certainly believe that it is illogical to not treat human beings as emotional beings because they are, so always making a decision based on cold hard logic is not always, in fact, the logical thing to do...but this attitude seems more T than F in origin.

    4) I don't know if I am a sensor I think my N and S are pretty equally balanced. I've always loved sports though and I seek pleasure through physical sensations (drugs but not anymore) which seems pretty sensorish to me. In addition I take things very literally. I was listening to a song where someone was talking about having a "range rover all wood" and I said "a wooden car...that doesn't seem very practical" I didn't realize that the rapper meant the inside of the car until someone told me. I'm also very aware of my surroundings and notice things other people do not, but I also use them to connect dots and come to conclusions (so that is more of an intuitive thing I think). I also loved playing sports when I was younger and am a fast hands on learner.


    Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

    Likes Yaru liked this post

  2. #22
    Senior Member Yaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    That's funny you say that I have a similar problem. My writing style is extremely INTP. I put some writing samples in an MBTI analyzer and my tumblr in one as well 4 of the writing samples and my tumblr came out INTP, another came out INFJ and the last one came out ISTP. So I think I agree with you on the writing style thing...it might give some hints but definitely not a complete picture.

    1) I know I am an extrovert because I gain energy from interacting with people. I like to be alone a lot (the vast majority of the time in fact) but it makes me become extremely low energy, and I feel much better and more alive just by walking out the front door after a long period of isolation. I am the kind of person that is very reluctant to go to parties but in the end never wants to leave. I also find it hard to sleep when it is light, the dark makes me tired (and this has a very strong effect, I think stronger than in most people). I also have a hard time getting to sleep if I know somewhere out there something important or fun is happening and a lot of people are involved. I get fear of missing out big time, and I kind of have to tell myself that there is no reason to feel that way because a) it's not as great as I think it will be b) this will happen again soon (usually - I had to go check out the bars on halloween and it was crazy even though I had a 630 am training session the next day). I am an International Relations major and because of this I have a hard time sleeping when something big is going on somewhere in the world, its just exciting to me...and I am comforted by the fact that people are always awake and doing something somewhere. Closed up streets with no people on them depresses me.

    2) Well all the things listed above definitely make me different from an introvert, although I assume a lot of people who are not familiar with the proper definition of the word would consider me one. My writing style is very introverted and unless I know someone extremely well I am a person of few words, I prefer not to say hi to random people on the street. I take some time to get adjusted to social gatherings and seem awkward at first, particularly if there are people I don't know there or who don't "fit" with me well, and I have a small but close circle of friends rather than a ton of them. I wear an introvert mask for sure, but I am definitely not one. I am more shy than an introvert and I HATE small talk unless I am drunk.

    3)Heres the thing, I always considered myself a strong thinker, it was the only thing I was sure of in my type. Before this I would have typed myself xxtx. Which doesn't make the T look super strong but it was the only one I could put down for sure. Now I realize I am more of an exxx. I always go with the rational and logical decision in the end and I feel very bad if I don't. I force myself not to consider my emotions because I know it is irrational and ultimately not what is best even though I really want to listen to them sometimes. This makes me think I repress my feelings rather than being a true thinker, and this is what the person on PerC told me as well. It's also been suggested that my Fi and Ti are very even and that because of that I can't actually differentiate them. I don't know if that is true. I certainly believe that it is illogical to not treat human beings as emotional beings because they are, so always making a decision based on cold hard logic is not always, in fact, the logical thing to do...but this attitude seems more T than F in origin.

    4) I don't know if I am a sensor I think my N and S are pretty equally balanced. I've always loved sports though and I seek pleasure through physical sensations (drugs but not anymore) which seems pretty sensorish to me. In addition I take things very literally. I was listening to a song where someone was talking about having a "range rover all wood" and I said "a wooden car...that doesn't seem very practical" I didn't realize that the rapper meant the inside of the car until someone told me. I'm also very aware of my surroundings and notice things other people do not, but I also use them to connect dots and come to conclusions (so that is more of an intuitive thing I think). I also loved playing sports when I was younger and am a fast hands on learner.
    Wow. This is really interesting.

    Yes. Your writing style is really INTPish. Woh. What are those MBTI analyzers? That's cool.

    It seems that there are some details that are so similar but opposite to me at the same time haha. I am introverted, social situations exhaust and upset me. But I am really talkative and stop to talk to random people in the streets.
    Why do you wear an Introvert mask?

    Yes. This is what I've always thought too. I agree.
    I think I often make rational choices that people would label as emotional instead. Like, my family (Ts) think the rational choice is to be beside the family and show them love and appreciation for everything they do. For me (F) a rational choice would be live by my own, do what I think is right for me and feel free to ignore or not care about people.
    I don't know if my example made any sense, but I couldn't think of any better one.
    The only thing I hate about MBTI is that there aren't any middle ways.
    We should rearrange the whole concept and add some middle letters.
    The ultimate human being with all functions fully developed would be MMMM
    But It could be someone that lacks all functions as well.
    That's when I realize I'm more of a feeler. I cannot arrange my thoughts in a logical direction. Never. And this makes me perceive you as a Thinker. But not a really strong T you are still human.


    For the sensor thing. I'm not sure. I don't know enough sensors. And probably this is a Sensorish part of me since I need to know people with that preference to relate to it in any way. I can have my theories, but I can't feel sure and ready to share them with someone if I don't experience them myself first.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

  3. #23
    Senior Member robowolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    That's funny you say that I have a similar problem. My writing style is extremely INTP. I put some writing samples in an MBTI analyzer and my tumblr in one as well 4 of the writing samples and my tumblr came out INTP, another came out INFJ and the last one came out ISTP. So I think I agree with you on the writing style thing...it might give some hints but definitely not a complete picture.
    I have no idea how those text analyzers work, but my best guess is that they scan for certain words, or how many commas you use, maybe even the length of the paragraph, things like these. The problem is that their accuracy depends on an awful lot of factors (your mood, what time it is, your age...) and they probably overlook important info (that they wouldn't be able to process anyway) such as the structure of your sentences or the topic you're writing about.

    On PerC some users try to type people based on their writing style and can identify some functions, especially Ti and Te. That's cool and sometimes accurate, so maybe it is possible to type someone based on their writing style alone... not that I believe it is. Just sayin'.

    Anyway, why did they think you were ESFP?
    Why Se and not Ne?
    And why Fi?

  4. #24
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    I have nothing against the amount of writing you posted - actually, I think it came off as longer than it really is because you didn't put many spaced line breaks in. I've been reading enough academic writing lately that this seems mercifully short in comparison.

    That said, I don't know that there's much in here that's super explicit in terms of being able to direct us to certain types for you. Me personally, I like more pointed questions. Like:

    How do you tend to approach problems, abstractly or concretely? Do you start with details and move towards a larger picture, or do you start with a larger vision and implement details as you go? Do you pay much attention to your current environment and the potentials for action within it, or do you tend to think about what something could turn into rather than what it is? Do you prefer to think in the present, focusing on what can be currently impacted, or do you prefer to think long-range and/or outside a timed context?

    What do you find is a more engaging step in the process for you, exploring and sorting through information, starting at the beginning of a problem, or later on when you're locking pieces of information into place as valid/truthful/accurate? Do you more enjoy searching or dissecting? Do you more enjoy pursuing multiple trains of thought/action or delving into different facets of one thing?

    What do you think is your most frustrating habit?

    Off the bat I want to say NP, and maybe sx-last. Maybe so/sp.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,014

    Default

    It's not hard to figure out that you're an ISTP. It's not even necessary to read the WHOLE THING. You're an ISTP. [OOPS, I meant to type ESTP.]

    The other discussion about limiting post length is ridiculous. Calling it spam is even more ridiculous, because SPAM by definition is unwanted messages from online vendors delivered to recipients who didn't request the information. You are not an online vendor, you are asking for help on your type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”
    Likes PocketFullOf, Ghost liked this post

  6. #26
    Senior Member BlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    It's not hard to figure out that you're an ISTP. It's not even necessary to read the WHOLE THING. You're an ISTP. [OOPS, I meant to type ESTP.]

    The other discussion about limiting post length is ridiculous. Calling it spam is even more ridiculous, because SPAM by definition is unwanted messages from online vendors delivered to recipients who didn't request the information. You are not an online vendor, you are asking for help on your type.
    The problem I had with ESTP is that I've never in my life seen an ESTP post more than five sentences in a post. The asexual thing is another problem; it doesn't seem to fit ESTPs I've known at all; just the opposite. I would say that ISTP might be a better bet right now . . .
    @PocketFullOf : Do people sometimes find you intimidating? I mean, not that you are trying to be, but just your sheer force of personality might bowl some people over?

  7. #27
    Problem? Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    I did one on PerC and they told me it was too bare bones that's why I went over the top this time.
    I'm this way too. When someone asks for more from me, I give them way too much. I think I just don't want to make the same mistake more than once, and sometimes, it is difficult to determine the right amount of something. I don't know what function is responsible for my under and overdoing things. If I had to guess, I'd say that my Introverted Feeling has difficulty determining what is appropriate....I've also read here, on TypoC, that Extroverted Thinking determines what is correct through knocking everything else down. Maybe that's what I doing and what you're doing here. So, maybe this indicates you are an Fi/Te user? Not sure.

    But, if you are an Fi/Te user, then that means TJ or FP. Most of your guesses were for Perceiving types, and that seems right. Your communication doesn't have the rigid or controlled feel of TJ or the strong opinions. Maybe you had an opinion about Prplchknz being the funniest and your feeling was important enough that you thought everyone should know. So, this seems to me more of leading with Introverted Feeling than Extroverted Thinking, which would weigh more heavily towards FP.

    I guess I just wanted people to have enough info, because as much as I hate it, I'm a bit of a complex person.
    First off, this seems self-indulgent, which I associate with Introverted Feeling. Next, it is straightforward, like most of your posts, and that might be an Se/Ni thing. So SFP?

    My guess based on this would be ESFP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    It's not hard to figure out that you're an ISTP. It's not even necessary to read the WHOLE THING. You're an ISTP. [OOPS, I meant to type ESTP.]
    She does remind me of an ESTP I know. I could be wrong on my Fi theory about her.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

  8. #28
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    My initial hunch here is ESTP. Perhaps more ambiverted (i.e. Ti-heavy) than a lot of ESTPs, but still one nevertheless. I pick up a slight disdain from the true fancifulness of intuition, with your interest in patterns being more T-oriented than N-oriented. You also seem to have a nice "tell it as it is" style to you. Though some of the patterns of your energy are somewhat Ne-like. I'm skeptical of ESFP or any other Fi type for you at least.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

  9. #29
    literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaru View Post
    Wow. This is really interesting.

    Yes. Your writing style is really INTPish. Woh. What are those MBTI analyzers? That's cool.

    It seems that there are some details that are so similar but opposite to me at the same time haha. I am introverted, social situations exhaust and upset me. But I am really talkative and stop to talk to random people in the streets.
    Why do you wear an Introvert mask?

    Yes. This is what I've always thought too. I agree.
    I think I often make rational choices that people would label as emotional instead. Like, my family (Ts) think the rational choice is to be beside the family and show them love and appreciation for everything they do. For me (F) a rational choice would be live by my own, do what I think is right for me and feel free to ignore or not care about people.
    I don't know if my example made any sense, but I couldn't think of any better one.
    The only thing I hate about MBTI is that there aren't any middle ways.
    We should rearrange the whole concept and add some middle letters.
    The ultimate human being with all functions fully developed would be MMMM
    But It could be someone that lacks all functions as well.
    That's when I realize I'm more of a feeler. I cannot arrange my thoughts in a logical direction. Never. And this makes me perceive you as a Thinker. But not a really strong T you are still human.


    For the sensor thing. I'm not sure. I don't know enough sensors. And probably this is a Sensorish part of me since I need to know people with that preference to relate to it in any way. I can have my theories, but I can't feel sure and ready to share them with someone if I don't experience them myself first.
    The test analyzer is in my blog, which you've found the site analyzer is on PerC I could not recover the link. I am not sure how it is analyzed.

    Wow I sound a lot like the Ts in your family. It really makes me question my definition of T vs F, and makes me kind of certain I am a T actually.

    I agree about MBTI I think I am in the middle on more than one axis and don't see the need for distinction. What is wrong with making xSTP a real and distinct type?

    About the MMMM thing, I proposed in PerC awhile ago that xxxx was the ideal personality but had the same reservations that you did...great minds think alike right?

    I think you are a feeler, I think I could still be a feeler, although less of one, or that pat of my personality could be ambiguous. I view each variable in MBTI similar as I view love:
    H______indifference_______L
    T______indistinguishable_______F

    I think I am sensor in most areas but I am overwhelmingly and obsessively big picture. That is innate to me. that will never change. It is my orientation towards existence, and that is very N. So even if I am S in all other respects, that makes me question, because it is such a significant part of who I am.


    Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

    Likes Yaru liked this post

  10. #30
    literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BL4CKW0LPH View Post
    I have no idea how those text analyzers work, but my best guess is that they scan for certain words, or how many commas you use, maybe even the length of the paragraph, things like these. The problem is that their accuracy depends on an awful lot of factors (your mood, what time it is, your age...) and they probably overlook important info (that they wouldn't be able to process anyway) such as the structure of your sentences or the topic you're writing about.

    On PerC some users try to type people based on their writing style and can identify some functions, especially Ti and Te. That's cool and sometimes accurate, so maybe it is possible to type someone based on their writing style alone... not that I believe it is. Just sayin'.

    Anyway, why did they think you were ESFP?
    Why Se and not Ne?
    And why Fi?
    The overall description of ESFP seems to fit me very well, except for the fact that I am quite theoretical and abstract at times as well, and I am pretty sure that I've deluded myself into believing that my Fi is Ti.

    I think Si over Ne actually...I'm going to make a video soon about my type for someone else's thread, eye movements may be helpful for this.

    I'm not sure, but the INTJ who said I was Fi made some very convincing points that I don't really know the difference between Ti and Fi and confused the two my whole life.


    Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can


Similar Threads

  1. Help me determine my mbti once and for all??
    By Garab in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2014, 04:43 PM
  2. Radio stations, give them to me!
    By Rail Tracer in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2013, 02:05 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 04:22 PM
  4. Brits! Give it to me straight, What's it like in the U.K?
    By CrystalViolet in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 10:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO