User Tag List

First 1234 Last

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    The thing is EPs are not well-represented here and I think all the INs racking up the views are a bit unsure how to help because they aren't sure they know enough about the nuances of being an EP to judge.

Maybe start with some more details on why you think you are ENTP and why people say you might be ESFP?
    To be honest, I don't know much about ESFPs, but their sense of humor, caring for others, and wanting to be liked resonates with me. Also apparently there is some tendency towards the need for instant gratification which I have, but otherwise I am not sure I see myself in them. I am much more introverted. I think I am a thinker and other people have told me this (who are familiar with MBTI), I also love word play and I enjoy (civil) debates, I like thinking about the future and humanity's place in it. I think I do have most of the ESFP traits but my interests are a little different, I love laughing and hanging out with friends but I also love learning about humanity's condition and my brain is kind of a storage unit of random facts (so I'm told).

I also find it incredibly difficult to talk about my feelings. As far as ENTPs go: I do love to play devils advocate, but I am not as brutally honest all the time and I feel offended if I offend another person. I also hate when people are inconsiderate of others and I am on a constant quest for knowledge, I love to see different ways of looking at the world and debating them.

The reason I can't decide which I am is because I am not as abrasive as the ENTP and I care deeply about how other people feel and how they perceive me, but I am into different things than an ESFP is. I love fashion but I will not change my surroundings to fit my unique style, only my clothes. I like to appreciate style rather than create it. Since they both like to avoid grunt work and organization (a trait I have) and I seem in between both, it leaves me unsure how to continue. A lot of people see me as ENTP but when I posted this on PerC someone told me I was ESFP, and their reasoning behind it was very convincing.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Quote Originally Posted by Yaru View Post
    People is probably too lazy to read such a long thread. I tried several times to get typed (in other forums) But I always get just a vague response or not answers at all, and it is quite frustrating since I've spent a lot of time writing down detailed questionnaires too. I wish I could help figuring your type out but I don't have enough knowledge and experience on the subject yet.
    I can only say is that I appreciated your writing style, the effort you put in it, and your person a lot.
    Which I am sure is more important than just an MBTI type.
    What I can see is that it is probably difficult for you to figure it out because you have probably equally developed most of your function preferences, and it could maybe make them switch to one to another depending the situation or thoughts you get to deal with.
    I am an NF type, so you will probably get annoyed by me, but I agree with you. Anyways I think some NFs could be more realist than the stereotypes wants them to be , and most of them could just be playing a role.
    Thank you, I thought there was something seriously wrong with my responses (that in turn reflected something seriously wrong with me) which is why no one was commenting. I have wrestled with the idea that I have pretty equally developed functions, because I can see my self in almost all the descriptions of the functions.

Also, its not so much that I get annoyed with NF types, I actually have an ENFP friend that I love because they are always full of ideas and inspiring, it just gets tiring, and for someone who is rooted in the concrete and rational its a little hard to keep up. I really wish I were an NF sometimes, I think life would be a lot more interesting.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    Neutral Good

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Personally, I find watching the interaction on the forum to be far more valuable in typing than reading the answers people provide to questionnaires. Even the writing style is more helpful than the answers themselves. I will read through this and keep my eyes on you though!
    Yeah I agree about forum interaction being better, but people are good at avoiding things they don't want to talk about so its good to know their answers to a range of questions too (well at least for me, being detail oriented), disregard my writing style on this a little, it was written in the middle of the night, and I was not focused on style at all, I just responded directly as possible to the questions in a very stream of consciousness way.

Johari Nohari
    Neutral Good

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I have no problem with the length of your post but I tend not to have much luck at getting a type feel for somebody based on self-descriptions. I hope you turn out to be ESFP though! We don't have many of those.
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Personally, I find watching the interaction on the forum to be far more valuable in typing than reading the answers people provide to questionnaires. Even the writing style is more helpful than the answers themselves. I will read through this and keep my eyes on you though!
    this

MBTI
    INFJ

I wish I could type someone by how they express ideas through text but I just can't and maybe never will.

I came here just to add: '... like a pear cider that's made from 100% pears'.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

It's all vibes & drives! That's the way to do it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    yupp

OMG! You so spammed, you hobag
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

@PocketFullOf I personally don't think that typing someone based on their writing style is correct. Unless it was timed. I usually get typed as Exxx because of my writing style, and if there something I'm sure of is that I am an introvert. I've seen shorter posts that didn't get many comments too. Or they just say oh you are this type without explaining why. Then another comes along saying, no you are this other type and in the end you are more confused than before hahaha.
    I think you'll figure out your type your own. I did.
    Here people should just help you find a direction.

Do you feel an Extrovert? Why?
    What makes you different from an Introvert?
    What makes F stronger than T?
    Why P over J?
    Besides the detail theory, what makes you feel more like a Sensor?