User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The eternal T/F struggle, please help me out

Lolling hard at that claim but since it comes from someone banned by the name "Faketrollaccount", I guess I shouldn't really take it seriously

Well, I dropped the N from my type as well because I'm just not sure anymore. I'm extremely bored so I'll answer another questionnaire. Again, I'd truly appreciate it if anyone would give their thoughts on anything (enneagram, socionics, mbti, everything goes), but if not, of course that's fine as well

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
    - I've been scoring so differently. I'm quite sure I'm I and P but S/N and T/F are what I'm unsure of

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
    - Deep in thought, living inside my head, prone to getting absorbed in things. I'm usually quite emotionless and always seeking new targets of curiosity or exploring the ones already discovered

2. Describe yourself--
    a. What's it like to be you?
    - Sucks, really. I feel different a lot of time, lonely as well but still keep withdrawn voluntarily
    b. What have others said about you?
    - That I seem aloof and distant but upon approached I'm kind. Words that have been used to describe me by my closest people among others are: independent, smart, curious, spontaneous, unpredictable, complex, deep, creative, responsible, understanding
    c. What do you think of yourself?
    - I've had my moments but in general I'm very unsatisfied with myself and I'm loaded with guilt the vast majority of time

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
    - My biggest crises have been people I've considered most important to me turning their backs on me. This has always been in response to a verbal outburst by my side where I have momentarily been rude and bashed them. I've apologized afterwards but it has been in vain and I've had a hard time recovering from losing these people. Other issues I've had are overall loneliness and inability to commit to social interaction, the tendency to binge eat, nicotine addiction, insomnia and my unhealthy curiosity leading me to seek out and see things that test my mental health

4. You're not good at everything--
    a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
    - I'll never be very social around new people, organized or open about my feelings
    b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
    - I've tried to become a bit more opportunistic and take advantage of situations without my conscience getting in the way. I'm also trying to face conflicts head on by addressing my hurt feelings or issues at hand but I have experienced great difficulties doing so, I have only recently started to bring up my hurt feelings with my boyfriend instead of fuming by myself

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
    - I have never left any of my friends behind. I have, however, ended a few romantic relationships and that has usually been because of my anxiety over being committed and unwillingness to account to anyone. I have been left mainly because of my emotionally unstable behavior, I've had out of nowhere emotional outbursts that have scared other people away

6. Which types do you identify with most?
    - Up until recently it's been INFP and INTP but lately I've started to consider the possibility of being a sensor instead
    a. How do you relate to these types?
    - INFP and ISFP's Fi is very relatable to me, INTP's thirst for the truth and tendency to analyze things as well. I haven't gotten too familiar with ISTP to say much about that
    b. How do you NOT relate to them?
    - INFP as being referred to as an idealist whose primary goal is to contribute good to the society. I'm not like that, my main focus is always myself. ISFP as being very in tune with their environment, I'm usually completely oblivious. INTP as thriving to have everything make sense and be logical, I often find irrational things relaxing and don't always try to rationalize things

7. Which types are least like you?
    - ESFP and ESTP probably
    a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
    - Too "here and now", they seem very relaxed and easy-going to me and display general interest in getting involved with people on a personal level which I do not
    b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?
    - The ability to be spontaneous and act on instinct, the fact that if there's fun to be had in front of them, they'll jump at it which I can relate to because if there's a new and exciting concept or thing to explore, I'll jump at it as well and forget everything else

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
    - I never tried to actively search for love. I used to fantasize a lot about love but was convinced I wouldn't find anyone who would find me interesting up until I met my current lover and once we started talking it was like magnets being drawn together

9. What is the message your superego tells you?
    - Knowledge is power. Also, understand people.

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.

1. to be knowlegeable
    2. to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative
    3. to strive to become/behave like a good person
    4. to be a loveable person
    5. to be "okay", having it together
    6. to be accomplished and successful
    7. to be loving and benevolent
    8. to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause
    9. to be powerful, strong, unassailable.

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

In order from most to least:
    1. I must do everything to maintain my world
    2. I feel isolated, cut off, and ultimately separate
    3. I have been abandoned and I am inherently flawed
    4. I've had a sense of being rejectible
    5. I feel imperfect, not (good) enough
    6. I'm outside the natural unfoldment of things
    7. I have felt weak and/or vulnerable to attack
    8 I have a sense of being unimportant, insignificant, and underving of attention
    9. People have wronged and messed with me

Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Fears to greatest to least significant:

1. Something is basically wrong with me--I'm not good enough
    2. Rejection, being needy, and not being loved
    3. Failure
    4. Being abandoned, sadness, feeling lost
    5. Entanglements and losing what I have
    6. Creating conflict by making myself or my needs too obvious
    7. Boredom, grunt work, and being exposed as a charlatan
    8. Weak and not being on top of things

If you made it this far, you might as well leave a guess. What's my mbti? Are my enneagram and socionics typed correctly? Anything at all that comes to mind?