• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I might as well invent a new type

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The more information I gather, the more confusing it becomes, and the more confusing it becomes, the more information I gather to clear up the confusion. As a result, I'm not getting anywhere. I've already asked this on different forums and interesting things were said/typed, but anyway, here goes...

I might be ISFP, but there are still some things that make me doubt it, so I'll just list random traits of my personality:
I'd rather spend the rest of my life alone with a dog, a computer and an internet connection than with someone;
I like science and I'm interested in a lot of scientific stuff;
I love computers, I like disassembling them, I like studying how they work (wikipedia=<3), I would love to learn programming properly;
I'm indifferent to politics;
I hate literature and maths;
art doesn't appeal to me. I mean, I can spend hours listening to music while thinking, but that's about it;
I like observing how society works and how people work (sociology, psychology, mental disorders), and this is my only interest that involves caring about what people do;
I enjoy some physical activities but I spend 98% of my time at home not doing anything productive, and I HATE with a passion any team sport/game;
I was really excited about discovering that the dimethyltryptamine theory might explain near-death experiences, but I'm likely to feel this kind of emotion only to a much lesser degree when something like "I bought you a plane ticket and a hotel reservation in your favourite city" happens. I will act like I am thrilled, though, so that no one thinks I'm ungrateful;
My reflexes are kind of underdeveloped, I think;
I don't agree with "the system", but I'm a teenager so it's normal;
sometimes I'm mean to someone and then I think I have probably compromised their personal psychological growth and they'll never recover and it's all my fault if they become insecure socially anxious nihilistic loners like I am and don't fulfill their dreams. Not that I see anything bad bout being loners, but others do, and if someone who hates loners becomes a loner because of me, then I'm sorry. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not. It would open their mind, like that movie where that mildly racist white girl became black overnight... I think at the end of the day I'm not that concerned about people and their feelings. I may feel guilty after hurting them, but most of the time it's because I prefer to avoid conflict when it's unnecessary;
I'm an enneatype 5;
when I hear a word I don't know, I google it immediately (I thought this was normal, but apparently I was wrong);
I'd rather google something than ask someone;
there's no way I'm an intuitive, but some time ago I would have said there was no way I was a sensor. So... even if I think I know what I am, I probably don't. Or I do, but knowing something for sure doesn't make it true.

I don't think this is enough, but maybe someone with a less biased view than me will come to some sort of conclusion...
(if you have any questions/need more info... well you know what to do)

Sorry for my English, please forgive my mistakes.

:bye:

iHeartCats

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
no
[MENTION=19890]BL4CKW0LPH[/MENTION]

I'd rather spend the rest of my life alone with a dog, a computer and an internet connection than with someone
This is indicative of an introvert, unless you just happen to be stuck in a passing phase when you're fed up with everyone and everything and just want to be left alone.

Art doesn't appeal to me. I mean, I can spend hours listening to music while thinking, but that's about it;
ISFPs are the artist type. If art doesn't appeal to you at all, you're probably not an ISFP.

I like observing how society works and how people work (sociology, psychology, mental disorders), and this is my only interest that involves caring about what people do;
I think at the end of the day I'm not that concerned about people and their feelings.
This suggests a thinker rather than a feeler.

I enjoy some physical activities but I spend 98% of my time at home not doing anything productive
I was really excited about discovering that the dimethyltryptamine theory might explain near-death experiences, but I'm likely to feel this kind of emotion only to a much lesser degree when something like "I bought you a plane ticket and a hotel reservation in your favourite city" happens. I will act like I am thrilled, though, so that no one thinks I'm ungrateful
Naturally curious but no inner need for being productive - this indicates a perceiver rather than a judger

I like science and I'm interested in a lot of scientific stuff;
I love computers, I like disassembling them, I like studying how they work (wikipedia=<3), I would love to learn programming properly;
I'm indifferent to politics;
I hate literature and maths;

Indifference for politics and dislike for literature and maths suggests a sensor rather than an intuitive.
Your OP leaves the impression of a type of person who just wants to get stuff done without much fuss.

Overall, my best guess would be ISTP.

Take this test.
Hero-Me: Which Superhero are you?
It's a shorter and much more fun version of the standard 72-questions MBTI test.

Only 9 questions with 3 possible multiple choice answers - sounds unreliable at first, yes - however, 3 people I know did it for fun, including me, and we all got our types correct (and the actual 72 questions test and some other longer versions failed to estimate my type correctly pretty much every time I've taken them).
I wonder what you'll get.

And your type description is here - well, if you want a more detailed description of your result, I suggest reading personality descriptions on other sites as well.
Hero-Me: Which Superhero are you?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree that you sound ISTP from this post.

Why do you think you are an F and not a T?

ISFPs are the artist type. If art doesn't appeal to you at all, you're probably not an ISFP.

I don't think that's necessarily true... ISFPs are often termed "composers" - kind of a concept of taking the materials you have at present and arranging them in a pleasing manner. I think that process in any form is techincally art, but how many of us would recognize it? Anything from putting together an outfit to creating a playlist could fall into that pattern.

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This suggests a thinker rather than a feeler.

Naturally curious but no inner need for being productive - this indicates a perceiver rather than a judger

Your OP leaves the impression of a type of person who just wants to get stuff done without much fuss.

Yeah, that's me.

I just don't know if I use Ti or Te.
I thought I used Te because once I spent days trying to find out why the orbit of the Earth around the sun is elliptical and not circular, and then I found out that it's just slightly elliptical, so every theory I had read made sense. The source of this misunderstanding was the picture on my science book, which was ridiculously exaggerated and unrealistic. I figured that since I didn't even consider calling into question the truthfulness of what was in the book (supposedly written by experts and revised by other experts and by the teachers that decided to give it to their students), I must use Te.
Then I "analysed" what happened some more and thought that the very fact that I was researching such things without a specific purpose (it wasn't for school or anything) meant I used Ti, and I was 100% sure about it. The problem is I change my mind every five minutes or so.

I wonder what you'll get.

I'm Spiderman, INTP. Well, close enough (and the test was awesome).

Why do you think you are an F and not a T?

My reasoning was that I must use Te but it's definitely not one of my first two functions, so I must be a feeler with Fi. I also don't think I'm an intuitive = ISFP. I blamed my not caring about ethics in decision making and in judging situations on having an unhealthy personality.

I guess I'm an ISTP.
The only thing that made me doubt I used Se was my not so good body coordination, but that might depend on the fact that I never go out or play sports.

Well, thanks :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, that's me.

I just don't know if I use Ti or Te.
I thought I used Te because once I spent days trying to find out why the orbit of the Earth around the sun is elliptical and not circular, and then I found out that it's just slightly elliptical, so every theory I had read made sense. The source of this misunderstanding was the picture on my science book, which was ridiculously exaggerated and unrealistic. I figured that since I didn't even consider calling into question the truthfulness of what was in the book (supposedly written by experts and revised by other experts and by the teachers that decided to give it to their students), I must use Te.
Then I "analysed" what happened some more and thought that the very fact that I was researching such things without a specific purpose (it wasn't for school or anything) meant I used Ti, and I was 100% sure about it. The problem is I change my mind every five minutes or so.

Lol, well, that's a good sign of P! But seriously, that process sounds more Ti to me, specifically because of the description of how every other theory connected into that one for you. At least in my understanding of Te, logic doesn't arise so much in the form of principles contingent on other principles, a systematic whole kind of thing. I've thought of Ti as "internal system integrity" - a sort of background network of logic, the principles that everything else rests on. Disassembling computers seems like a more Ti thing, along the same vein of desiring to gain a systematic understanding of an underlying structure.

As for coordination and Se - I think more telling would be if you are observant of your environment, if you respond quickly to potential for effective action, if you have a good sense of what's around you and how fits together and can be leveraged.

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol, well, that's a good sign of P! But seriously, that process sounds more Ti to me, specifically because of the description of how every other theory connected into that one for you. At least in my understanding of Te, logic doesn't arise so much in the form of principles contingent on other principles, a systematic whole kind of thing. I've thought of Ti as "internal system integrity" - a sort of background network of logic, the principles that everything else rests on. Disassembling computers seems like a more Ti thing, along the same vein of desiring to gain a systematic understanding of an underlying structure.

Makes sense.

As for coordination and Se - I think more telling would be if you are observant of your environment, if you respond quickly to potential for effective action, if you have a good sense of what's around you and how fits together and can be leveraged.

Yeah. One of the (many) things that didn't convince me when I scored N on tests was that I usually am aware of what's going on around me and I do notice the details in the environment. Also, when I was a child I definitely looked a lot more like an ISTP than any other type. I loved Lego (I would lock myself in my room for days until I finished a construction (usually cars)), bicycle races with my friends, doing dangerous and mostly stupid things just for fun... and I grew up watching Fast & Furious and playing Need For Speed... so yeah.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Whatever. By stereotypes I am ENISFP (ENFP, ISFP) ....you need to learn about cognitive functions and or temperament. Who are your heroes, which temperament, or do you have too much SNT or F to be a certain type, look there.

I basically have gone with the typing of a person who knew me intimately who also understands personality theory. I typed him too.

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whatever. By stereotypes I am ENISFP (ENFP, ISFP) ....you need to learn about cognitive functions and or temperament. Who are your heroes, which temperament, or do you have too much SNT or F to be a certain type, look there.

Yeah, that's the best way. The problem is that I can relate to a function one day and to another the next, so I'm never sure.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, that's the best way. The problem is that I can relate to a function one day and to another the next, so I'm never sure.

I've noticed real NE types say weird shit like "what if you woke up from a coma with amnesia but couldn't stop farting" (real, honest to God example) or they can't stop theorizing about things that only loosely correlate to reality. They're at once impressive and annoying. Theorizing alone isn't Ne, it could mean you have Ji/Ni as an ISXP type.

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've noticed real NE types say weird shit like "what if you woke up from a coma with amnesia but couldn't stop farting" (real, honest to God example) or they can't stop theorizing about things that only loosely correlate to reality. They're at once impressive and annoying. Theorizing alone isn't Ne, it could mean you have Ji/Ni as an ISXP type.

I had an ENFP friend once. She was hilarious.
When I'm with an Ne user who starts talking about weird random shit, I usually join them, but I don't think being like them is my default setting. Ne likes to play with ideas and theorize, Se manipulates the environment and solves practical problems, right? I love solving problems, and I prefer working with my hands and seeing a tangible result once I'm done. This most likely means I use a sensing function more than Ne, and since, like you said, I'm probably Ji/Ni, it must be Se. Also, everyone here agrees with ISTP, and you're probably less biased than I am right now, so maybe you're right.