• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inxx? INFP? INTP? INTJ? INFJ?

WalkingOnBothSides

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've taken the Myers-Briggs many times and until very recently I have never gotten the same result, I had all of the ones in the title multiple times, but for all of them the dominant one was very weakly dominant in the T/F and P/J areas. Here is what I got a few minutes ago.
Introverted (I) 89.66% Extroverted (E) 10.34%
Intuitive (N) 72.97% Sensing (S) 27.03%
Thinking (T) 57.14% Feeling (F) 42.86%
Perceiving (P) 53.13% Judging (J) 46.88%

Your type is: INTP

The last three times I took it I got INFP, though. Two times I was very weakly FP. The middle one though I was strongly FP.
I've probably taken this test about twenty times in the past five years, and until recently I would never get the same result, and after getting the same result three times it changes.

When I read descriptions of IN(FP,TP,TJ,FJ) they all sound so much like me.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Your best bet would be to answer some of the questions people have put up for typing purposes, or even make a video where you answer them (if you're comfortable with that). Other than that you will need to post more for us to have an accurate idea.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I entered the forum entertaining the same four types. I recommend reading about the cognitive functions themselves (intuition, sensing, thinking, feeling, with introverted and extraverted orientations) and seeing if any of the 8 resonate with you. If you're serious about MBTI, digging into the mechanics of the system is the only way to truly understand its extrapolations.

TypologyCentral is littered with helpful resources about cognitive functions (Google and YouTube are also simple options) if you choose to delve in.

WalkingOnBothSides

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your best bet would be to answer some of the questions people have put up for typing purposes, or even make a video where you answer them (if you're comfortable with that). Other than that you will need to post more for us to have an accurate idea.

What questions? Where can I find them?

WalkingOnBothSides

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if this will help at all, but I took an Enneagram test on similarminds and these are my results.

type score type behavior motivation
4 22 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 17 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
7 15 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
6 13 I must be secure and safe to survive.
1 10 I must be perfect and good to survive.
8 6 I must be strong and in control to survive.
9 6 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
3 3 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
2 2 I must be helpful and caring to survive.

Your main type is Type 4
Your variant stacking is sp/sx/so
Your level of health is very low, i.e. very unhealthy

This seems to be in line with past results.

WalkingOnBothSides

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This sounds really horrible :laugh: but after reading the unhealthy descriptions of all of the types, I think INFP is the most like me.

They'd likely be any of the following: insanely moody, difficult or impossible to reason with, extremely defensive & sensitive, have very poor communication & social skills, self-absorbed, cynical, live in a filthy mess of chaos, be obsessed with minor details they've blown out of proportion, passive-aggressive, have an explosive temper (maybe even violent), a major detachment from reality, seem confused & lost in life, be withdrawn, rebellious, depressed, have an inferiority complex, seem arrogant as a defense, and may isolate themselves from people. There might be substance abuse also.

Besides the crazy cat lady, there's also the self-absorbed, reclusive, miserable artist stereotype for unhealthy INFPs (unlike the ISFP who is romanticized for this, the INFP is outcast). Another stereotype might be the incoherent hippy who lives in a pigsty and gives out philosophical advice to teenagers. Then there's the overly passive INFP who puts up with other people's abuse and seethes internally, but likely they explode and become one of the above stereotypes, or wilt into the crazy cat lady.

However, please keep in mind that what may seem like "problems" in an INFP to an ESFP may not be problems at all. Much of the natural INFP behavior and perspective goes against the mainstream flow of society, but that doesn't make it unhealthy.

Part like me is underlined, bolded, and italicised because it is a perfect description of me.
The quote is from this thread. http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/the-nf-idyllic/19410-unhealthy-infp-look.html

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I score very close on T/F too. This seems more common for 4w5s than other INFPs. It's an issue with the test wording and the frequent conflation of Feelings with emotions and being a spineless, nicey-nice person.

If you haven't yet, read Jung's descriptions of the Introverted Thinking Type and Introverted Feeling Type, and I suggest Van Der Hoop's also (google them). These were more accurate for me than most INFP profiles, which are too saccharine and make INFPs sound irrational.

I personally can relate to large chunks of the INTP, INFJ and ISFP profiles also. Less so with the INTJ, although their reasoning feels more similar in some ways than, say, INFJs. What I'm saying is - this is a common dilemma and just highlights how the test is a very loose indicator at best, and that the profiles can have a slight Forer effect (and have to be - 16 personality types for all humans?!).

WalkingOnBothSides

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you! Jung's description of introverted feeling sounds much more like me than the introverted thinking one. I'll check out Van Der Hoop too.

Edit: After checking out Van Der Hoop's descriptions, I'm even more certain that I am INFP.