User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Default What's my Enneagram?

Originally I had absolutely no doubts about being a 2w1, but now I am not so sure... I typically type 2w1, but I have gotten 1w2 before. I'm also not sure about my tritype. I've been bouncing between 261 and 268. So, per recommendation of @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/4945.html" target="_blank">EJCC</a> here is a video. It's about 10 minutes long, and I used questions from this thread.

Thanks in advance!

Password: enneagram
    Last edited by Showbread; 10-19-2014 at 10:42 AM.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

It's been made private.

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PocketFullOf View Post
    It's been made private.
    Fixed!
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I kinda think you're a 2w1? Was tough to tell because I relate to SO MUCH of your vid. Similar interests, similar phrasing/thought processes. But what I'm thinking is, if you're persistently frustrated to the point that someone thought you were an anger type, maybe you're just very in touch with your 8. I've known a lot of 2s to be very aggressive about things that are done wrong. On the other hand, I've known xxFJ 1s who vented a lot. So...

Would be interesting to hear @Hard's feedback, since he's an ExFJ 1 and since I have a hard time separating 1 from Te.

Edit: I think I'd go for 261 over 268, if you're a 2.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Couple of observations.

Despite you having a California accent, you and I have very similar speech patterns! Mines a little more dramatic, but there's a lot in common. You're clearly an Fe dom. No question there. I actually found myself finishing a few of your sentences verbetum a few times, and laughed at the same moments.

This is actually kind of tough. A good friend of mine from high school is an ENFJ 2w3 and I was using her as sort of a benchmark for seeing where you lie because she is a BLATANT 2 (in the same manner in which I am a blatant 1). It's hard to articulate, but I don't get the "manipulative" undercurrent that 2's often give off from you. I actually usually react to it poorly because it makes my behavior shift in a way that strains me (the manipulativeness doesn't bother me at all) and I run out of steam faster. But, it's also a quality that I have to be around in person to sniff out. That said, you do seem to share a lot of the 2 qualities of being social, wanting to interact and have fun with others, and I get the sense that you do a lot of catering to make sure others are getting their social outfits and needs me right. I also don't get the sense that you're a 3 wing at all. You don't have an image/status focus and your presentation is more focused and honest. 2w3 don't speak in absolutes very much in the way you do.

That's where you and I differ (and a primary reason I don't think you're a 1). I am social as well, I love being around people, and I want people in groups to socialize "right" (as you seek as well). I get all kinds of bent out of shape if a social atmosphere or conditions are wrong. However, I stop there. I simply want the conditions to be right. Whether or not people get their needs or social outfits met is inconsequential to me and I don't fret over it (I only do if it effects the atmosphere). I see it as a failure on their end to not adjust themselves to make it work, and it isn't fault I should care for. In essence, 1's want the system to work and let the people work it out. 2's want ALL of it to work out and will mettle with it more. It might not seem like it, but 2's are very "corrective" seeking and want things right as well. However their focus is only in certain areas. 1's corrective streaks are everywhere.

While I do see 1 elements in you, I don't see it as a primary type. You certainly have the driving forcefulness and solid ground/certainty, but that's you're Fe. Contrary to popular belief, Fe is not a fluffy ball of fuzz that everyone seems to think it is. It can be, but it's not the default. When it's in a good mood, happy, satisfied, or even neutral, it's a joy. That said, it can be viciously critical, harsh, and forceful. I'd say more so than any function. Partly because unlike Te where it will simply drive as it does (which get's the "nasty" reputation), Fe will go a step further and insure that it's felt in a certain way, and thus can have a far stronger impact. For the Fe dom, they aren't even aware they do this 1/2 the time. The key element that I see you lacking that 1's possess is restraint. Granted, of course you have restraint, but I don't see that underlying tension and persistent sense of self-containment that 1's have. You're much more comfortable with being yourself with others and speaking your mind. Your Fe will temper it as needed cause that's what it does, but I don't see you as having a constant cross-check. It's difficult to fully articulate this, but it's a quality I have seen nearly all 1's have. I have it, and I saw it in @EJCC's video as well. While I am very open, am well known by everyone in my life that I am always sharing my opinion and thoughts on things in a "dramatic/extreme" way (I often get made fun of for it), I have this persistent sense and quality of holding back. You're pushyness has an 8 feel to it, which makes sense for 2's. Not a 1. I also don't get the least bit sense of melancholy that 1's have from their link to 4.

So my verdict is: 2w1

It's also good to "see" you finally .
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ Agree on all counts!

@Showbread another thing worth mentioning is that IME, when a 1 has a 6 trifix, they give off a more nervous vibe, or at least aren't as good at maintaining the veneer of calm. So the perpetual worry will come through on occasion via mannerism and tone of voice. @Hard comes across like this, as does my mother (INFJ 162). But I didn't see much of that in you at all.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

@EJCC Good observation, nervous energy in a 1 usually points to Sp first instinctual stack-ing, some descriptions even say they are more nervous outwardly then 6's themselves. After reading this and observing it in a close friend of mine, I almost believe (for a 1) Sp and a 6 fix go hand-in-hand usually-- discerning between the two seems almost impossible. The aforementioned friend actually mistyped as a 6 for over a year before I showed her the SP first 1 description, which she gained a lot of clarity from.

As to @Showbread and the OP: I don't know. I agree with @Hard that you seem more 2 than 1, but I truthfully think you seem much more like a 6w7. I know heck of a lot of 2's, and you did not come across the way they do. Even the 2w1's I know have some pretty obvious pride issues, the need to see themselves as a good. You seem more laid-back than that, goofier, more comfortable with yourself. You commented on security, and community dynamics several times, and also your appreciation of authenticity and trustworthyness. Even your mention of your younger self sounds 6w7 (though perhaps less healthy). I guess The question is do you value your social life for the potential to be loved by others? Or do you value it for the sense of belonging and security? Even your image of playing games together with your friends seems more 6w7 than 2w1 to me-- you are participating, not serving. Correct?

There's more, but before I launch into it, have you considered 6w7 before?
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    You seem more laid-back than that, goofier, more comfortable with yourself.
    It definitely comes with being Californian. *hi fives Bready*

(I'll actually watch the video and comment on it later)
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Couple of observations.

Despite you having a California accent, you and I have very similar speech patterns! Mines a little more dramatic, but there's a lot in common. You're clearly an Fe dom. No question there. I actually found myself finishing a few of your sentences verbetum a few times, and laughed at the same moments.
    That's so interesting that you and @EJCC both said that! As I was watching my video I was thinking "I talk like a weirdo... I don't know anyone else who sounds like this!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I do see 1 elements in you, I don't see it as a primary type. You certainly have the driving forcefulness and solid ground/certainty, but that's you're Fe. Contrary to popular belief, Fe is not a fluffy ball of fuzz that everyone seems to think it is. It can be, but it's not the default. When it's in a good mood, happy, satisfied, or even neutral, it's a joy. That said, it can be viciously critical, harsh, and forceful. I'd say more so than any function.
    I think this is what my INFP roommate is seeing as 1ish, my critical nature and desire for order.

I have it, and I saw it in @EJCC's video as well.
    I want to see EJCC's video! And yours if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    @EJCC
    As to @Showbread and the OP: I don't know. I agree with @Hard that you seem more 2 than 1, but I truthfully think you seem much more like a 6w7. I know heck of a lot of 2's, and you did not come across the way they do. Even the 2w1's I know have some pretty obvious pride issues, the need to see themselves as a good. You seem more laid-back than that, goofier, more comfortable with yourself. You commented on security, and community dynamics several times, and also your appreciation of authenticity and trustworthyness. Even your mention of your younger self sounds 6w7 (though perhaps less healthy). I guess The question is do you value your social life for the potential to be loved by others? Or do you value it for the sense of belonging and security? Even your image of playing games together with your friends seems more 6w7 than 2w1 to me-- you are participating, not serving. Correct?

There's more, but before I launch into it, have you considered 6w7 before?
    Interesting. I got 6 once on an online enneagram test but I never gave it a whole lot of consideration. I am extremely confident it's my head fix, but I've never really considered it as a core type. It's tricky, because I think I get my security from feeling needed. In my game playing scenario I am generally the one hosting. I've also usually made cookies or something. I think I draw a lot of self-worth not just from belonging to a group but from being a necessary part of it. Deep down I think I have a core belief that in order to be valuable I have to be needed by others. Which is why my friendship with ENxJ roommate really throws me for a loop. She has a boyfriend who she really relies on, and she's very put together. She really doesn't need me at all. But, I need her. I rely on her a lot. And that's probably one of the relationships in my life I feel most uncertain about.

It sounds like the general consensus is that I am a 2w1, but not your typical 2 (which I kind of like). Although, I would like here from @Chanaynay. I think most 2s, at least the ones I know are 2w3s. And to be honest, 2w3s and 3w2 drive me absolutely insane. SO MANY NEEDS. I love to affirm and help. But good grief. So, it's nice to hear I don't really fall into that camp.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I want to see EJCC's video! And yours if you have one.
    We both have videos in the Enneagram Challenge thread

Also just to clarify: I related more to the things that you were saying, than your speech patterns and mannerisms. I move around a lot when I talk -- looking off to the side mid-sentence, making lots of big gestures -- and I think I come across as a lot more spacey and tangent-prone. Whereas you're a lot more focused/directed in your speech. We do both laugh at our own jokes for a second or two! So there's that! But re: what you talked about, I related to everything you said about comfort in groups. I think when I made a video around that questionnaire -- a long time ago, so I've since taken it down -- I also mentioned groups/family/friends during the "what makes you feel secure" question. And I think I had exactly the same answer to the question about why my favorite people are my favorite.

And to be honest, 2w3s and 3w2 drive me absolutely insane. SO MANY NEEDS. I love to affirm and help. But good grief.
    That's definitely been my experience too.