User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 57

  1. #31
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    It's possible that their 2 stacks aren't as well written as their 1 stacks. (I did notice a focus on manipulation, when IME not all 2s are super manipulative. (Noticing a trend here...)) I like the 1 so/sx description, personally:

    The social/sexual One will have the same concerns as the social/self-pres types, however those concerns center more on individuals. Rules aren’t quite as important. They will zero in on what they want to make better and the intensity of their conviction is more obvious. Along with this, they are more personable, somewhat “lighter” and don’t generally take themselves as seriously. They can have a great sense of humor.

    On the down side, their sensitivity can cause them to hold grudges. Because the self-pres instinct is last, this subtype could easily be mistaken for other enneatypes. Along with the sexual/social subtype, they can even be somewhat sloppy. Usually, there is still a sense of organization and a desire to do the job right, but there is much less emphasis on perfectionism in the material, physical environment. Most of their focus is on people and society. With this as their focus, they can be quite persuasive when it comes to their chosen causes. On the down side, when this extra outward energy is taken too far, they can approach the world with the attitude that they need to be right at all costs.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  2. #32
    climb on Showbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    It's possible that their 2 stacks aren't as well written as their 1 stacks. (I did notice a focus on manipulation, when IME not all 2s are super manipulative. (Noticing a trend here...)) I like the 1 so/sx description, personally:
    Hmmmm. That actually sounds a LOT like me.
    Friends, waffles, work

    "The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

    3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*


  3. #33
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Originally I had absolutely no doubts about being a 2w1, but now I am not so sure... I typically type 2w1, but I have gotten 1w2 before. I'm also not sure about my tritype. I've been bouncing between 261 and 268. So, per recommendation of @EJCC here is a video. It's about 10 minutes long, and I used questions from this thread.

    Thanks in advance!



    @Hard, also tagging you.
    Several times you mentioned liking to feel accomplished, e.g., baking bread. Enjoying achievement and accomplishment are a type 3 trait.

    You're definitely not a 1w2. If you were, I would know it immediately.
    You're definitely not a 2w1. Although this type can be confused with 1w2, you're not putting out any "people-pleasing" statements. "Plans, things I need to get done" are definitely type 3 statements.

    But if I had to choose between 3w2 and 3w4, I would say 3w2 because it is the more extroverted wing type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #34
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    You enjoy people who you don't have to have any boundaries around, it is relaxing and freeing to you. This indicates that you have boundaries, i.e., self-image, that requires energy for you to keep up. When you drop this self-image you can relax. Point 3 is oriented toward self-image.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #35
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    At the 4:00 mark you say you are organized and logical. Type 3, being at the center of the Feeling triad, develops intellectual traits in order to avoid confronting their own feelings, their own reality. For you it will be a practical, pragmatic sort of logic which helps to keep emotions at bay that get in the way of achievement.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #36
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Video from a Type 2w1 "Helper" -

    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #37
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Type 1 Perfectionists talk about their types:

    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #38
    climb on Showbread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    At the 4:00 mark you say you are organized and logical. Type 3, being at the center of the Feeling triad, develops intellectual traits in order to avoid confronting their own feelings, their own reality. For you it will be a practical, pragmatic sort of logic which helps to keep emotions at bay that get in the way of achievement.
    Interesting. I have never really considered 3 before... I do have a tendency to try to run away from my feelings, or convince myself to have different ones if they don't match the ones I want to have.

    The reason I am hesitant to think I am a 3 is that most of desire to be accomplished is for personal satisfaction, rather than admiration or recognition. I like to be correct for the purpose of being correct. If I know I am right, I don't actually care all that much whether other people acknowledge it because I am personally justified in my knowledge. In school, I am much more mastery than achievement oriented. I like to learn the material well because I know it will benefit me later, and because I think it is interesting. Not because I need an A for my self-worth. I want to pursue a doctorate mostly because I believe it will make me a more effective counselor than if I just had a masters, not for the prestige. I strive to be good at my job because my work impacts my owner's income and livelihood. And also because there is no point in not doing my best, I am after all getting paid to work there. I also just like being in charge.

    I definitely like recognition. Who doesn't? And all 2s have a 3 wing. But, my roommate is definitely not sold on me being a 2. I'm not either for that matter. I also don't really like all the emphasis on the accumulation of material wealth. I do have a tendency to want nice things. But, I've always attributed that to the fact I grew up fairly affluent and am accustomed to them. I certainly don't look down on people who don't have them. I tend to desire more for comfort and usefulness than to be admired for them. In fact, for a lot of my life I have been ashamed of my material possessions because I had so many more than my peers. That doesn't sound very 3ish to me.
    Friends, waffles, work

    "The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

    3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*


  9. #39
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Interesting. I have never really considered 3 before... I do have a tendency to try to run away from my feelings, or convince myself to have different ones if they don't match the ones I want to have.

    The reason I am hesitant to think I am a 3 is that most of desire to be accomplished is for personal satisfaction, rather than admiration or recognition.
    That's why it's important to keep in mind the distinctions between levels of integration and disintegration. There is a difference between being worthy of admiration and desiring to be admired by others. You can, by simply being yourself, attract admiration while being indifferent to the very idea of it. This is an attribute of the type 3 in the healthy levels. As type 3s loses confidence in themselves, they begin to seek out admiration in an attempt to fill the vacancy left in their souls where the authentic self-esteem used to exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I like to be correct for the purpose of being correct. If I know I am right, I don't actually care all that much whether other people acknowledge it because I am personally justified in my knowledge. In school, I am much more mastery than achievement oriented. I like to learn the material well because I know it will benefit me later, and because I think it is interesting. Not because I need an A for my self-worth. I want to pursue a doctorate mostly because I believe it will make me a more effective counselor than if I just had a masters, not for the prestige. I strive to be good at my job because my work impacts my owner's income and livelihood. And also because there is no point in not doing my best, I am after all getting paid to work there. I also just like being in charge.

    I definitely like recognition. Who doesn't? And all 2s have a 3 wing. But, my roommate is definitely not sold on me being a 2. I'm not either for that matter. I also don't really like all the emphasis on the accumulation of material wealth. I do have a tendency to want nice things. But, I've always attributed that to the fact I grew up fairly affluent and am accustomed to them. I certainly don't look down on people who don't have them. I tend to desire more for comfort and usefulness than to be admired for them. In fact, for a lot of my life I have been ashamed of my material possessions because I had so many more than my peers. That doesn't sound very 3ish to me.
    It's not 2ish, because type 2 is not the "wealth-accumulating" personality type. Neither is type 3.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #40
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Interesting. I have never really considered 3 before... I do have a tendency to try to run away from my feelings, or convince myself to have different ones if they don't match the ones I want to have.

    The reason I am hesitant to think I am a 3 is that most of desire to be accomplished is for personal satisfaction
    And in the long and short of it, that's all that matters to be typed as a 3.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. What's my Enneagram thingy?
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 10:24 PM
  2. what's my enneagram?
    By prplchknz in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 07:28 PM
  3. What is my enneagram type?
    By Eckhart in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 04:51 PM
  4. As an INFJ, what's my Enneagram?
    By lane777 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 07:09 PM
  5. What's my enneagram type ?
    By entropie in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 12:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO