User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I'm not ruling in or out a 2 core but will say that based on the content alone...merely listening to what was said...I heard nothing 2-like at all (including the obvious 'intoxication' stemming from positive outlook.) In fact, I would type @EJCC as a 2 core (social dominance) before I would type Showbread in this video as a 2.

If forced at this point to choose I would have to go with 1w2 or some other type altogether.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I'm not ruling in or out a 2 core but will say that based on the content alone...merely listening to what was said...I heard nothing 2-like at all (including the obvious 'intoxication' stemming from positive outlook.) In fact, I would type @EJCC as a 2 core (social dominance) before I would type Showbread in this video as a 2.

If forced at this point to choose I would have to go with 1w2 or some other type altogether.
    Really? Huh. Maybe I was subconsciously trying to be un-2ish when I made the video or something. I think what I relate to most about 2w1 is the fears. Not being valued/needed, not being competent or able to contribute. I think the 6 vibe people get is my anxiety disorder speaking. I do certainly have a very deep fear of things that are outside my control/understanding. But, I think I can live with that fear as long as I am loved and cared for. And, I do often feel like I have earned that love and care by "paying it forward". It's not my primary motivation. But, when I get hurt it's often because I feel like I've somehow earned better treatment.

I didn't really mention this in the video but shame is an absolutely crippling emotion for me. Especially if it's related to hurting someone or violating my moral code. If I do something that I am unable to justify, I just feel sick about it until I receive some sort of confirmation that my actions haven't done the amount of damage I perceive. And I think part of that is pride related. I do pride myself on being good and helpful.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    I want to see EJCC's video! And yours if you have one.
    Here you go. I am on my phone until later today so I will reply at lenght later.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Really? Huh.
    Haha. Ahhh...I would just like to point out that you were the one that indicated in the OP that there was a possibility of you being 1w2 (I get the shocked emoticon response haha.)

Maybe I was subconsciously trying to be un-2ish when I made the video or something. I think what I relate to most about 2w1 is the fears. Not being valued/needed, not being competent or able to contribute. I think the 6 vibe people get is my anxiety disorder speaking. I do certainly have a very deep fear of things that are outside my control/understanding. But, I think I can live with that fear as long as I am loved and cared for. And, I do often feel like I have earned that love and care by "paying it forward". It's not my primary motivation. But, when I get hurt it's often because I feel like I've somehow earned better treatment.

I didn't really mention this in the video but shame is an absolutely crippling emotion for me. Especially if it's related to hurting someone or violating my moral code. If I do something that I am unable to justify, I just feel sick about it until I receive some sort of confirmation that my actions haven't done the amount of damage I perceive. And I think part of that is pride related. I do pride myself on being good and helpful.
    Sure. 2w1 works. I can see from the vid though why some of your friends say 1w2. I have a ENFJ 2 mother and a ISTJ 1 sis...and I heard more (only) 1 content is all.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Haha. Ahhh...I would just like to point out that you were the one that indicated in the OP that there was a possibility of you being 1w2 (I get the shocked emoticon response haha.)

Sure. 2w1 works. I can see from the vid though why some of your friends say 1w2. I have a ENFJ 2 mother and a ISTJ 1 sis...and I heard more (only) 1 content is all.
    The shocked response was mostly in response to the 6w7 suggestion. Not the 1w2.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

That would explain why I related to the video so much.

@Showbread do you feel like you usually hide your 2-ish-ness?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Starry liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    That would explain why I related to the video so much.

@Showbread do you feel like you usually hide your 2-ish-ness?
    Um, maybe. Since I have become more aware of my 2ishness and the aspects of it that bother people, yes. I make a conscious effort to be less intrusive and attempt to more accurately gage when my help is actually wanted/needed. And I suppose I also try to play down my neediness because I am self-conscious about it. Although I've never considered myself particularly manipulative, which is something people often attribute to 2s... I'm starting to wonder if my instinctual stacking is just really off.. Any input on that?
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Um, maybe. Since I have become more aware of my 2ishness and the aspects of it that bother people, yes. I make a conscious effort to be less intrusive and attempt to more accurately gage when my help is actually wanted/needed. And I suppose I also try to play down my neediness because I am self-conscious about it. Although I've never considered myself particularly manipulative, which is something people often attribute to 2s... I'm starting to wonder if my instinctual stacking is just really off.. Any input on that?
    I read somewhere -- and this could be off-base, but it rings true with me -- that when someone is unwilling/unable to utilize their "core" type, they move on to the next one in the tritype and focus on that. In my case, for example, if I'm unable to make something perfect (1w2), I spin it into something positive, e.g. "you can learn from this mistake" or "you did the best you could", and push all my negative feelings to the back of my mind (7w6). So, with that in mind, I'm wondering if you're 216 -- forcing yourself to not express your 2, and therefore moving right on to the 1-ish process of ruthless goal-oriented self-improvement -- a process that I am VERY familiar with.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I read somewhere -- and this could be off-base, but it rings true with me -- that when someone is unwilling/unable to utilize their "core" type, they move on to the next one in the tritype and focus on that. In my case, for example, if I'm unable to make something perfect (1w2), I spin it into something positive, e.g. "you can learn from this mistake" or "you did the best you could", and push all my negative feelings to the back of my mind (7w6). So, with that in mind, I'm wondering if you're 216 -- forcing yourself to not express your 2, and therefore moving right on to the 1-ish process of ruthless goal-oriented self-improvement -- a process that I am VERY familiar with.
    Maybe. Or perhaps even moving into 6w7, desperately seeking out something stable and secure to cling. I feel like I am more prone to this than obsessive self-improvement. I'm not disciplined enough for the latter and it generally leads to failure and feeling like crap.
    Friends, waffles, work

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Maybe. Or perhaps even moving into 6w7, desperately seeking out something stable and secure to cling. I feel like I am more prone to this than obsessive self-improvement. I'm not disciplined enough for the latter and it generally leads to failure and feeling like crap.
    :/ Hm. You're probably right about 26x, then.